Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The new 'improved' stranglers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still at least two (2) more weeks of testing, @Red_Feather ... maybe more.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's 6k base health lost. Base health is then multiplied up by CP, undaunted passives, class passives, heavy armour passives etc.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    I just tested the health debuff on pts in overland. It affects base health, not buffed health. I'm losing 158 health per stack which would be a loss of 7900 health at 50 stacks.

So indeed it's a trash set now... It's a kiss curse set but you kiss... the part of the body where back loses its noble name.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    De-con candidate now.

I wonder what you get if you decon an orange item?
    A year's supply of OJ from ZOS?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    fs3tvx4xvs7g.jpg
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to pose a question to the devs.

What content do you see yourself, as a player, choosing to use these gloves?

I consider them pointless in the following content now.

PvP (Unless you're some sort of 1:100 kill death ratio god)
    Trials (not enough killing blows available, health penalty leads to 1 shots)
    Vet Dungeons (not enough killing blows available, health penalty leads to 1 shots)
    Normal Dungeons (not enough killing blows available)

Places you could still use them... but why bother with the effort

Mob grinding for xp (skyreach, overland, etc.)
    Solo dungeons
    Solo trials?
    VMA (assuming you already die a minimal amount and even then, you need a backup set for when you do)

All of this is assuming you can stay alive with about 12k max health. Remember if you start "building for health" in order to compensate for the health penalty, you could have just built for damage and not used the gloves to begin with.

So, where are we supposed to use these now?
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭

Roleplay

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You asked the right questions redspecter.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above posts PLUS it still resets through a loading screen including loading screens in Dungeons and Maelstrom Arena, beyond useless!!

I guess if you were a vampire and you wanted your health to be set low for big damage output it could work... oh wait a second its only 850 damage now, yeah completely scrap metal now.

Please remove the word mythic from the set and sell this from the vendors instead of through Leads.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »

Roleplay

Yea, it's a roleplay set now basically.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be some kind of sick joke, all they needed to do was tone down the damage per stack and add weapon damage. I just don't understand their mindset. If they don't want people to use the item then just remove it from the game. The Antiquities system would be just another source of furnishings
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on July 27, 2020 8:57PM
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on making the one set in this game that made it FUN for everyone to play and no one complained about, to literally the worst item in the game since the beekeepers helmet
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I am, thinking they couldn't worsen this set by each update. OH HOWDY, HOW WRONG I WAS..

Allow me to display how I feel about this overal
    [Snip]
    [Edited for inappropriate image]

You made my day. :D:D:D
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2020 4:09PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see why anyone would choose this over the 5th piece bonus of burning spellweave or a similar set. You have to kill 50 enemies just to get a few hundred more spell damage than BSW and for that tiny extra bit of spell power, you lose over 6k health. No one would ever choose to use this.

BSW has a proc but killing 50 enemies to get to 850 and losing it if you die or fast travel isn't exactly better than a proc.
    Edited by Myrddin1357 on July 27, 2020 8:50PM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mind boggling what they come up with each week LOL. They take one of the few good original ideas they come up with in a long time and tie it to a cool new system and destroy both the item and system. I won't be farming Antiquities for gear ever again if this is an example of what to expect.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on July 27, 2020 9:09PM
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    Do they know how many people bought this chapter for strangers? These mythic items are supposed to be very powerful. They baited us to buy the dlc with these then made them completely useless. I see a bunch of people not buying their chapters anymore. This made the game fun for end game community again now it will just be back to boring. Stranglers made base dungeons a bit challenging for people who are bored with this game. I feel they used them to bait us all into buying greymoor knowing they would make them useless before the next patch.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see why anyone would choose this over the 5th piece bonus of burning spellweave or a similar set. You have to kill 50 enemies just to get a few hundred more spell damage than BSW and for that tiny extra bit of spell power, you lose over 6k health. No one would ever choose to use this.

BSW has a proc but killing 50 enemies to get to 850 and losing it if you die or fast travel isn't exactly better than a proc.

I'm almost positive that the full 50 stack is worse for your overall build fitness, statistically, than wearing any 1-piece weapon/spell damage item would be, such as Balorgh or Molag Kena. Comparing it against a 5 piece completion isn't even needed. I'm not sure, but I don't believe there is any point on the line between 1 and 50 where it's a net gain. You have to get to the 8th stack to even equal a SD/WD 1 piece, and at that point you're already losing more than a glyphs worth of health, so that's effectively an empty slot, before even considering the shield strength detriment.

If I'm reading the change right, the survival loss accrues faster than the damage increase, so that any build which includes any amount of stacked Thrassian buff will be at a detriment to a build which chose non-mythic items to achieve the same ends.

The only use case would be to gank with it. Wait, though, does it still drop stacks upon stealth? :s

Is this the goal, ZOS? Is it supposed to be a mistake for us to wear Mythics if we understand the stat system?

Is it a mistake for us to purchase and interact with Chapter content before the 13th week after release? In case of something like this?
    Edited by Erraln on July 27, 2020 9:16PM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they know how many people bought this chapter for strangers? These mythic items are supposed to be very powerful. They baited us to buy the dlc with these then made them completely useless. I see a bunch of people not buying their chapters anymore. This made the game fun for end game community again now it will just be back to boring. Stranglers made base dungeons a bit challenging for people who are bored with this game. I feel they used them to bait us all into buying greymoor knowing they would make them useless before the next patch.

I feel so used
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    Now they have made healers completely useless in 4 man content again. At least with stranglers in a group a healer actually had work to do.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just tested the health debuff on pts in overland. It affects base health, not buffed health. I'm losing 158 health per stack which would be a loss of 7900 health at 50 stacks.

Correction, I lost a total of 8,299 health at 50 stacks.

lol... So you have to run Plague Dr with Trashians now?
    Playing since beta...
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

Still wouldn't be enough health remember plague Dr got nerfed way back
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GbDCr.jpg

5,412? Nope, still a loss :)
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

GbDCr.jpg

In 6.1.0 -

Plague Doctor:

Changed the 4 piece to Health, rather than Healing Taken.
    Reduced the Max Health of the 5 piece to 2804, down from 3000.

so technically it will give 6422.

I am still not saying anyone should do it... that is 6 item pieces to get 850 damage if you are lucky enough to kill 50 things in the content you are running.
    Playing since beta...
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭

I feel so used

I feel used and duped into buying this chapter. It's bad enough they are still milking skyrim after so many years.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one bought this chapter for the gloves

Literally everyone farmed them week one though

Congrats on annoying the entire community in one Move
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GbDCr.jpg

In 6.1.0 -

Plague Doctor:

I am still not saying anyone should do it... that is 6 item pieces to get 850 damage if you are lucky enough to kill 50 things in the content you are running.

Ah, thanks, I missed that bit.

Honestly though, I've mostly been using the silly gloves to grind my characters overland. It won't even be worth doing that, coming up! That's like the one thing where you'd consistently get those 50 kills together, but 850 is just too tiny. I could get better results from slapping on Balorgh, if this is how it'll be.

I had to fish for these godforsaken gloves, and that sacrifice of sanity and enjoyment must remain worth using, dangit! FISHING! TWICE EVEN!
    Edited by Erraln on July 27, 2020 9:48PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

GbDCr.jpg

In 6.1.0 -

Plague Doctor:

Ah, thanks, I missed that bit.

Honestly though, I've mostly been using the silly gloves to grind my characters overland. It won't even be worth doing that, coming up! That's like the one thing where you'd consistently get those 50 kills together, but 850 is just too tiny. I could get better results from slapping on Balorgh, if this is how it'll be.

Agreed... there are much better ways to get to that power level without having to sacrifice so much. Balorgh being one of my favorites as well.

and yes, fishing for 2 different leads was so much suckage.
    Edited by kojou on July 27, 2020 10:00PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sending the dev team a big virtual hug. Something is obviously wrong. You guys seem to have seriously lost your way. Get well soon :smile:
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I am, thinking they couldn't worsen this set by each update. OH HOWDY, HOW WRONG I WAS..

Allow me to display how I feel about this overal
    [Snip]
    [Edited for inappropriate image]

Me @ the Vampire Rework. actually just me @ the Vampire Skill Line. all Iterations of it that there have been.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2020 4:15PM
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GbDCr.jpg

In 6.1.0 -

Plague Doctor:

You could move attribute points into health to get the same effect. After doing that, the effective damage from stranglers looks similar to running a monster set and it would be a dps loss until close to 50 stacks.

I think we have to take the health loss for this version of stranglers to be a damage buff. It doesn't seem worth it though.