The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe Desync

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
I have had enough of snipe as a whole especially this patch, the massive range of it combined with new sets that make it even stronger is bad enough but on top of that it desyncs your health bar so you have no time to react. Zenimax always seems to be nerfing skills because they promote toxic gameplay but to me snipe is the ultimate "i win" button. If sniping took some skill to use it would have been nerfed to hell years ago (just like dizzy, flame reach etc etc). I find it really ruins gameplay sometimes and im sure ill get a lot of L2P comments but seriously no amount of L2P can counter a snipe desync during a fight. Do other people agree? If your not going to nerf the skill (that does more damage than most other skills and has the highest range in the game) atleast adress the desync.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    at least adress the desync.
    At least? That's the only thing that should be done. No need to nerf a skill if the problem is related to performance.
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst part is that during these times of unbearable, unplayable lag where trying to connect a d swing, a jabs or even a surprise attack seems impossible at times, snipe is working even better thanks to the even more delayed feedback and the slow hard to recognise “stream” of its spammed attacks, it really needs to be changed to just mimic force shock at this point since performance is so far gone
    Options
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Unplayable lag is what causes the desync
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    at least adress the desync.
    At least? That's the only thing that should be done. No need to nerf a skill if the problem is related to performance.

Yeh but itl probably never get fixed so nerfing the skill is the only option really. In all honesty though if it was removed entirely from the game tomorrow i'd be very happy. I just think it rewards un skilled gameplay and punishes people who want to actually fight.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i could say the same thing about sorcerer skills and basically all the skills in eso.
    what you are experiencing is lagg and high ping, its lagg, and dysinc, not snipe.
    Options
  • AmoralOne
    AmoralOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe does not need a nerf. If you base the fact you want a nerf off of desync then we need to nerf Frags, D-Swing, Meteors, the list goes on.

Desync is not fixed by nerfing a skill.

This is something zos has to fix on their server side of things.
    PC NA - EP's Greatest Support
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single skill is a pain under these circumstances.

Tonight I sat on top a keep and had me a cartoon viewing of my teammates, supposedly riding by at top speed. They need to fix whatever that is, before we go slaughter long range shots.
    Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This desync happens even when not lagging. It doesn't happen with other skills, only snipe. I don't know if it's the sniper doing something specific to cause it or what but insta dying when there is no lag at all and seeing 2 snipes, a poison injection, and maybe even a heavy attack on the death recap makes me think it's some type of bug with stealth.

Also is it really fair to get hit by 17k snipes? Yeah a thrassian mag toon could maybe get something to hit that hard but not from stealth. Snipe is stupid and always has been.
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never noticed any kind of insta death by my focused aim. It has a brutal opening, we can agree to that, but it needs at least a couple of follow ups before enemy is gone.

Most snipers are fragile, which makes the damage defendable. Enemy needs to be either badly hurt or preferably dead before getting too close for comfort.

I couldn’t say if someone figured a way of some exploitation or cheating with snipe. I wouldn’t be surprised, reason events taken into consideration
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    I have never noticed any kind of insta death by my focused aim. It has a brutal opening, we can agree to that, but it needs at least a couple of follow ups before enemy is gone.

Most snipers are fragile, which makes the damage defendable. Enemy needs to be either badly hurt or preferably dead before getting too close for comfort.

I couldn’t say if someone figured a way of some exploitation or cheating with snipe. I wouldn’t be surprised, reason events taken into consideration

Then be thankful you never have been desync’d by it.

There is no sound or visual when it happens. All that happens is your resource bars go to zero and you can move until you drop dead then you see about 3-5 snipes hitting your corpse.
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no sound or visual when it happens. All that happens is your resource bars go to zero and you can move until you drop dead then you see about 3-5 snipes hitting your corpse.

But how is that different from being killed by a not yet loaded toon?
    Or can’t break free, which makes me a shining light of enemy skills hitting me into next week?
    Or being hit by a streaking sorcerer that’s not there any more?
    Or being hit by 1780462866 dizzy swings at once?
    Or riding your horse and then, death?
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipe is extremely toxic.
    Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or can’t break free, which makes me a shining light of enemy skills hitting me into next week?

It's different because there are players in cyro that can snipe desync you on almost every attempt even when it isn't lagging. It's the only skill in the game that has this happen consistently. All the other things you said I've never experienced outside of lag except the macro slice which I'm pretty sure was patched years ago.
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's different because there are players in cyro that can snipe desync you on almost every attempt even when it isn't lagging. It's the only skill in the game that has this happen consistently. All the other things you said I've never experienced outside of lag except the macro slice which I'm pretty sure was patched years ago.

As I said, it’s not something that happens by purpose. All my bosmer has their bow on bar, and not one of them has a focused aim that can insta death.

As I said, would I be surprised if some did figure out a cheat/exploit with snipe? Absolutely not.

But the thought of it being intended, every time, even planned, is wrong. Just as wrong as the broken break free has something to do with intention.

It’s the game. It’s broken. And they don’t know how to fix it
    Options
  • Yamd
    Yamd
    ✭✭
    ... so nerfing the skill is the only option really.

you deserve to be snipe each time ^^ ;-)

Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

As I said, it’s not something that happens by purpose. All my bosmer has their bow on bar, and not one of them has a focused aim that can insta death.

As I said, would I be surprised if some did figure out a cheat/exploit with snipe? Absolutely not.

But the thought of it being intended, every time, even planned, is wrong. Just as wrong as the broken break free has something to do with intention.

It is something that you can purposely do but even if you couldn’t an ability like this should be fixed and not allowed to stay in game, especially for as long as it has been.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    < --- been hit by desynced meteor since Homestead 2018 still no fix. If we are removing or nerfing desynced skills to ground it sure has to be on list too right
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sniper doesn't perceive it as instant because they still need to cast 3 or 4 skills for it to happen. It is perceived as instant by the target when snipe desyncs and all those skills land as the same time.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can count on one hand how
    I have had enough of snipe as a whole especially this patch, the massive range of it combined with new sets that make it even stronger is bad enough but on top of that it desyncs your health bar so you have no time to react. Zenimax always seems to be nerfing skills because they promote toxic gameplay but to me snipe is the ultimate "i win" button. If sniping took some skill to use it would have been nerfed to hell years ago (just like dizzy, flame reach etc etc). I find it really ruins gameplay sometimes and im sure ill get a lot of L2P comments but seriously no amount of L2P can counter a snipe desync during a fight. Do other people agree? If your not going to nerf the skill (that does more damage than most other skills and has the highest range in the game) atleast adress the desync.

What platform do you play on? I can count on one hand how many times I've been killed by snipe in the past two years. This game has many things that desync and its very noticeable on things that do a lot of damage such as snipe, meteor, dizzy, bugs, the list goes on. If you are dying to snipes all the time you need to change something up. Are you in CP or no-cp? You need higher passive resistances and defenses, more hp, invest in the CP line that lowers damage you take from direct damage attacks. If they are close enough bash them to interrupt the snipe. If you even hear an arrow sfx dodge roll.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What platform do you play on? I can count on one hand how many times I've been killed by snipe in the past two years. This game has many things that desync and its very noticeable on things that do a lot of damage such as snipe, meteor, dizzy, bugs, the list goes on. If you are dying to snipes all the time you need to change something up. Are you in CP or no-cp? You need higher passive resistances and defenses, more hp, invest in the CP line that lowers damage you take from direct damage attacks. If they are close enough bash them to interrupt the snipe. If you even hear an arrow sfx dodge roll.

I primarily BG. I die probably about one time per match on average to snipe desync in deathmatches with a dedicated snipe desync-er on an opposing team. So in a given play session, we are looking at like 2 or 3 deaths to snipe desync. While it is not constant, it feels dirty enough each time it happens to be infuriating.

Also, I know how to counter play it. But there are plenty of players who don't. And "good' snipe deyncn-ers will capitalize. I will frequently see them get 10 to 15 kills with 2, 1, and often 0 deaths. It's a cowardly way to play, relying on a skill that so busted. I really don't know why this issue hasn't been addressed.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I primarily BG. I die probably about one time per match on average to snipe desync in deathmatches with a dedicated snipe desync-er on an opposing team. So in a given play session, we are looking at like 2 or 3 deaths to snipe desync. While it is not constant, it feels dirty enough each time it happens to be infuriating.

Also, I know how to counter play it. But there are plenty of players who don't. And "good' snipe deyncn-ers will capitalize. I will frequently see them get 10 to 15 kills with 2, 1, and often 0 deaths. It's a cowardly way to play, relying on a skill that so busted. I really don't know why this issue hasn't been addressed.

You realize you are saying the only reason snipe kills you is because of desync. So the ability itself isn't good enough or you are just dying to it and blaming desync? Sounds like if they fix the desync issue snipe will need a nice sized buff imo.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i press snipe, it just holds the arrow in the animation and im unable to use any other skill, nothing works while im stuck in that snipe position. im stuck in lagg.
    if im lucky, i might - MIGHT - get off 3 snipes during a fight.
    snipe damage is low because mainly people hide from it behind trees and rocks and line of sight.
    in addition snipe itself does not do enough damage.
    people eat a few snipes and then heal a few times and it resets the fight.

Edited by Gilvoth on July 8, 2020 2:36AM
    Options
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    when i press snipe, it just holds the arrow in the animation and im unable to use any other skill, nothing works while im stuck in that snipe position. im stuck in lagg.
    if im lucky, i might - MIGHT - get off 3 snipes during a fight.
    snipe damage is low because mainly people hide from it behind trees and rocks and line of sight.
    in addition snipe itself does not do enough damage.
    people eat a few snipes and then heal a few times and it resets the fight.

What exactly is your Tooltip then? Because at Rank 1 I had 19.6K on Focused Aim which I think can get higher too and it gets a 51m range. It does not need a damage buff.

They need to fix how it interacts with the server, as i have experienced hearing it, falling over dead, then seeing the snipes hit my dead body, and it wasnt laggy.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize you are saying the only reason snipe kills you is because of desync.

Do you realize that is a patently inaccurate interpretation of my post?

I die from snipe sometimes where there is no desync. Nothing in my post indicates otherwise.

Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sniper doesn't perceive it as instant because they still need to cast 3 or 4 skills for it to happen. It is perceived as instant by the target when snipe desyncs and all those skills land as the same time.

As it is with all the other broken skills.

Which again leads us to: it’s not snipe. It’s the game. It’s broken. They don’t know how to fix it.
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no proof, i am saying that upfront, but i must agree
    There isnt single skill i have problem with but snipe.

Damage on snipe isnt problem at all, if you get one for even 15k damage you can still dodge next.

What is problem is that desync. No visual clue, no sound, no damage taken and then you have on your recap snipe spam. It happened to me when riding on mount - just insta death with no ping issue or lag or anything.

But only this single skill does it. I never had problem with other ranged.
    Edited by Anyron on July 8, 2020 9:01AM
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because, you as (sorry) snipe spammer can see all snipes fired. Problem is on receiving side. You see their health dropping but sniped player may see nothing at all until death recap.
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all know about supposed clues to avoid snipe. Problem begins when you see nothing, which is desync

When you dont know something is hitting you, you can hardly avoid it
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

This isnt right thing to say, honestly. Most of all you don't know who is experienced and who is not.

Myself, for example, i am player that plays pvp since launch and last three years i play nothing else than pvp.

As i said several times, problem isnt with damage on thats skill, but with desync. For you maybe that casting is fine, but for your target it may seem like one-hit-kill. That snipe is without sound clue, no visual animation and you get all damage in one hit, until then your healtbar is FULL.

It has nothing to do with L2P. It has nothing to do with unexperienced pve players playing at MYM event.

It is real issue, it isnt crying because i was killed by snipe spam

[edited to remove quoted post]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 8, 2020 12:51PM
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

As it is with all the other broken skills.

Which again leads us to: it’s not snipe. It’s the game. It’s broken. They don’t know how to fix it.

No it’s just snipe
    Options