The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe Desync

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and by the way its YOUR client that de-syncs the sniper has no way of knowing what YOUR client is doing.

Everyone who is not trying to fool themselves knows that Snipe desyncs with high regularity and predictability. To say the sniper "has no way of knowing" is disingenuous at best. Even if the sniper doesn't see what their target sees, that doesn't mean they don't know what is happening to them.

False, snipe desyncs are highly irregular, inconsistent and unpredictable. What is regular, predictable and consistent are wrong claims snipe was desynced because user did not notice being hit by it. Regular and predictable actions have abundance of proof and affect everyone.
    Snipe desync does exist and needs to be fixed, but if you feel you are being affected often I think you might have to face the truth.
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times ive been attacked by skills that do literally nothing to my health only to fall 100% to 0% instantly 2 seconds later, And then to see a recap list of like what 6-7 abilitys that apparently has hit me without me even knowing it is pissing me off. theres even desync builds going around to purpously do this and so far i havent seen anything beeing done to fix this.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform do you play on? I can count on one hand how many times I've been killed by snipe in the past two years. This game has many things that desync and its very noticeable on things that do a lot of damage such as snipe, meteor, dizzy, bugs, the list goes on. If you are dying to snipes all the time you need to change something up. Are you in CP or no-cp? You need higher passive resistances and defenses, more hp, invest in the CP line that lowers damage you take from direct damage attacks. If they are close enough bash them to interrupt the snipe. If you even hear an arrow sfx dodge roll.

I’ve seen you around gankenstein I give you props even though you pretty much make snipe vids. You haven’t desynced me ever but... please believe... the snipe desync is real just like everybody says it is. It’s not some weird conspiracy. The mag and stam bar slam to zero... you walk around for 2 seconds... then you’re dead and the snipes start landing. Just like everybody says. Playing a tanky character and paying attention to your surroundings certainly helps but it isn’t a solution. If you’ve only been desynced 4 times in two years please consider it may be because you yourself have been invisible for 18 of those months. Let us have this simple thing. It’s preposterous it hasn’t been fixed. It doesn’t help that some people continue to deny its existence.

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    What platform do you play on? I can count on one hand how many times I've been killed by snipe in the past two years. This game has many things that desync and its very noticeable on things that do a lot of damage such as snipe, meteor, dizzy, bugs, the list goes on. If you are dying to snipes all the time you need to change something up. Are you in CP or no-cp? You need higher passive resistances and defenses, more hp, invest in the CP line that lowers damage you take from direct damage attacks. If they are close enough bash them to interrupt the snipe. If you even hear an arrow sfx dodge roll.

I’ve seen you around gankenstein I give you props even though you pretty much make snipe vids. You haven’t desynced me ever but... please believe... the snipe desync is real just like everybody says it is. It’s not some weird conspiracy. The mag and stam bar slam to zero... you walk around for 2 seconds... then you’re dead and the snipes start landing. Just like everybody says. Playing a tanky character and paying attention to your surroundings certainly helps but it isn’t a solution. If you’ve only been desynced 4 times in two years please consider it may be because you yourself have been invisible for 18 of those months. Let us have this simple thing. It’s preposterous it hasn’t been fixed. It doesn’t help that some people continue to deny its existence.

Right, im not saying desync isn't real, im saying snipe isn't the only thing that does it. I think it happens when you lose more hp then you have too fast (maybe also because of lag) and your end takes a second to catch up. Ive been desynced by lots of other abilities as well.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that desyncs as much as snipe is ele weapon/overload light attacks
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been desynced by meteor before it even landed a few times. It happened one time and its at the end of this video. Watch my stats while the meteor is coming down.
    https://youtu.be/-fVF_DjFAJs
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Poeple are suprised that some ganking dude defends snipe desycn? LooL.

Please, respect our intelligence - we all KNOW that snipe desyncs, and that skill is inbalance.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »

Please, respect our intelligence - we all KNOW that snipe desyncs, and that skill is inbalance.

Who said they were surprised? Im saying desync occurs from lots of things in this game and that I think it happens when your character gets hit for all your hp in a short amount of time before your xbox/pc/ps4 realizes it, thus being desynced. I play a squishy character so it i see it from time to time.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said they were surprised? Im saying desync occurs from lots of things in this game and that I think it happens when your character gets hit for all your hp in a short amount of time before your xbox/pc/ps4 realizes it, thus being desynced. I play a squishy character so it i see it from time to time.

Other skills can desync, but snipe undoubtedly does it with a much, much higher frequency than other skills.

While it would be great if they could fix desyncs globally, we should not expect that as a solution. But given that snipe is such an outlier when it comes to desync frequency, they should adjust the skill so it functions in a way that significantly reduces the occurrence of desyncs. They don't need to reduce the damage, or make it less powerful, other than making it less prone to exploitation.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my characters are squishy but none so squishy that I actually die in 2 snipes. I don't think the desync has anything to do with actually dying-- I think it happens before actually dying. My personal opinion is that desyncs can occur when a certain percentage of someone's health is taken all at once, or, something about the invisibility may be glitchy. I lean towards the health percentage thing-- because it's similar to what you said and because it seems to make sense with the other skills being mentioned as potential culplits. All hard hitting skills.

Either way-- I know the game has plenty of other problems. Maybe some even more serious. But this is so glaringly obvious... it should be super easy for this community to come together and state our problem. We don't need to disagree about little details.

Snipe desyncs. Fix it please :)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other skills can desync, but snipe undoubtedly does it with a much, much higher frequency than other skills.

While it would be great if they could fix desyncs globally, we should not expect that as a solution. But given that snipe is such an outlier when it comes to desync frequency, they should adjust the skill so it functions in a way that significantly reduces the occurrence of desyncs. They don't need to reduce the damage, or make it less powerful, other than making it less prone to exploitation.

The issue with snipe desyncs is the fact that when a lag burst happens the arrows are already in the air and the damage is going to be applied.

The issue with snipe desync complainers is they don't actually care that desyncs are server side and have nothing to do with snipe, they just want to be an overextender that doesn't have to worry about being snipe because it was nerfed into oblivion.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, im not saying desync isn't real, im saying snipe isn't the only thing that does it. I think it happens when you lose more hp then you have too fast (maybe also because of lag) and your end takes a second to catch up. Ive been desynced by lots of other abilities as well.

It has nothing to do with too much dmg, I've got hit by huge burst without desync a bunch of times and i have been desynced by snipes with pityful dmg. Nobody claims that desyncs only happen with snipe, but it is the worst offender by far.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh looking at that video I think your health was desyncd before that meteor even hit. I don’t think you had as much health as shown.

Rare desyncs I can deal with the desync from snipe is common, not rare
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue with snipe desyncs is the fact that when a lag burst happens the arrows are already in the air and the damage is going to be applied.

The issue with snipe desync complainers is they don't actually care that desyncs are server side and have nothing to do with snipe, they just want to be an overextender that doesn't have to worry about being snipe because it was nerfed into oblivion.

Did you even read my post?

What about "They don't need to reduce the damage, or make it less powerful" sounds like "nerfed into oblivion."

People who complain about snipe desync don't want snipe itself nerfed, they want to remove a prevalent exploit from the game.

And if your argument is desync reduction = nerf, then so be it. A skill's power/effectiveness should not be a function of how readily exploitable it is.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the end only Sorcs were left standing in the game after all opposition had bee nerfed for them.
    Go Elder Sorcs Online!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the end only Sorcs were left standing in the game after all opposition had bee nerfed for them.
    Go Elder Sorcs Online!

Sorcs have plenty of things to try to keep them in line. We don't need snipe exploiters for that.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 15, 2020 2:45PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about "They don't need to reduce the damage, or make it less powerful" sounds like "nerfed into oblivion."

People who complain about snipe desync don't want snipe itself nerfed, they want to remove a prevalent exploit from the game.

And if your argument is desync reduction = nerf, then so be it. A skill's power/effectiveness should not be a function of how readily exploitable it is.

The point is the so called snipe desync has nothing to do with snipe.

It has to do with queued attacks with a travel time.

I did a lot of sniping, if there really was some mechanical way to force snipe desyncs I would have come across it.

The reason why people are focused on snipe desync is because the only attack that can queued in multiple from stealth with a fairly long travel time is snipe.

I've seen desyncs from all sorts of abilities. The problem with snipe desyncs is how they are applied as the damage is all precasted and any smart sniper is following up with attacks (because you can only kill idiots with just snipe).

So, people pile on to nerf snipe even more than it's already been nerfed. If they fix desyncs will the same people ask for snipe to be restored to what it once was? no, because people that get killed by snipe rage harder than any other ability that kills them because they got killed without seeing the attacker or getting a chance to respond to them due to long range attacks combination with the only snipers having the ability to also turn invisible.

End of day, any problems with snipe have little to do with the actual ability.
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    unpopular opinion

People just need to understand that just like the original AC bug, snipe desync has now a feature in the game, its obvious because it is still prevalent in cyro and not fixed yet. Soon sets will be built around it.

don't @ me
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a lot of sniping, if there really was some mechanical way to force snipe desyncs I would have come across it.

The reason why people are focused on snipe desync is because the only attack that can queued in multiple from stealth with a fairly long travel time is snipe.

I've seen desyncs from all sorts of abilities. The problem with snipe desyncs is how they are applied as the damage is all precasted and any smart sniper is following up with attacks (because you can only kill idiots with just snipe).

So, people pile on to nerf snipe even more than it's already been nerfed. If they fix desyncs will the same people ask for snipe to be restored to what it once was? no, because people that get killed by snipe rage harder than any other ability that kills them because they got killed without seeing the attacker or getting a chance to respond to them due to long range attacks combination with the only snipers having the ability to also turn invisible.

When the functionality of snipe subjects it to ESO's desync problem significantly more than any other skill, the functionality of snipe should be adjusted as to make it less susceptible to desync.

Just because the Snipe skill itself isn't the root cause of desyncs, doesn't mean the Snipe desync exploit shouldn't be remedied.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the functionality of snipe subjects it to ESO's desync problem significantly more than any other skill, the functionality of snipe should be adjusted as to make it less susceptible to desync.

Just because the Snipe skill itself isn't the root cause of desyncs, doesn't mean the Snipe desync exploit shouldn't be remedied.

Shouldn't have to destroy a skill to fix a bug that is not just specific to it.
    edit - The more I think about it maybe I could go with Snipe being insta cast with no travel time! >:)
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 15, 2020 4:45PM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

edit - The more I think about it maybe I could go with Snipe being insta cast with no travel time! >:)
    Take cast time off or limit cast time further but reduce damage a certain percent to compensate for the removal of cast time and issue may be fixed.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday saw a nightblade wearing doleymish, literally oneshoting everyone.
    People drop dead 0-100. When snipe desinc happens, addon shows controll effect for some very small time before i die, here character just dropped dead, addon does not register stealth stun.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could keep the cast time, but give it instant travel time - call it "High Velocity Shot" or something.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 15, 2020 5:18PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa. You just got bamboozled Murder. Don't buff the dang skill when we don't know for sure if the cast time or travel time is actually the crucial issue.

@rfennell_ESO "I've seen desyncs from all sorts of abilities. The problem with snipe desyncs is how they are applied as the damage is all precasted and any smart sniper is following up with attacks (because you can only kill idiots with just snipe)."

That's simply not true. We've all been ganked before, poison inject, incap, whatever. What we're talking about is a death recap full of snipes. Nobody tried to do anything except desync. It's blatantly being exploited every day by hundreds of people the only people that don't know about it and say so out loud are nightblades, desyncers or not, who play in stealth 9 times out of 10 and never have cast time abilities land on them.

People really think this has been going on for years just cuz people are salty about snipe? We're making this up? Oi.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoa. You just got bamboozled Murder. Don't buff the dang skill when we don't know for sure if the cast time or travel time is actually the crucial issue.

@rfennell_ESO "I've seen desyncs from all sorts of abilities. The problem with snipe desyncs is how they are applied as the damage is all precasted and any smart sniper is following up with attacks (because you can only kill idiots with just snipe)."

That's simply not true. We've all been ganked before, poison inject, incap, whatever. What we're talking about is a death recap full of snipes. Nobody tried to do anything except desync. It's blatantly being exploited every day by hundreds of people the only people that don't know about it and say so out loud are nightblades, desyncers or not, who play in stealth 9 times out of 10 and never have cast time abilities land on them.

People really think this has been going on for years just cuz people are salty about snipe? We're making this up? Oi.

I don't think you are making it up or lying.

I think you are mistaken about what's going on.

The desync problem is an issue that reared it's head somewheres after IC patch. I never saw it when battling in IC was the rage.

It's, again, an issue with the servers. If they fix the desync problems, snipe is likely fine (or undertuned).

It's been an issue for *years*, and it's always on queued attacks or with people maximizing attacks in a duration.

In truth I saw it more from the charge->sequence of attacks style of combat than from snipe. Particularly with the charge->uppercut-Executioner bs. Basically you would be hit with all of it while in the middle of a roll dodge. It was typically the same people over and over too.... but were they exploiting? It's likely, at this point, they were not... it's likely a server side inability to resolve things accurately.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe Desync is what makes it powerful. I was killed this morning by it. Three snipes on the death recap. I only heard and saw the one snipe when it took my hp from full to zero. This has been happening for years.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt snipe is undertuned— but we can agree it’s just fine— I’m not recommending any nerf to the skill I’m asking that players who’ve been playing this game for years stop acting like it’s not an obvious and every day problem.

No offense fennel, like you said I don’t think you’re lying, but you’re waaaay missing the point.

For one thing if I que up my dizzy and you roll dodge too early you’ll be standing in time to actually take the hit. The cast time on dizzy is simply that long.

BURSTING is not desyncing. You’re basically accusing everyone of getting bursted and not realizing it. Bro we know the difference.

Who cares if it’s server side or not? I’m not the one claiming to know why where or how. But I do know what. And I just want it fixed.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahh yes the snipe desync.....

https://youtu.be/7fjFXq8Bsuk
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see the lethal arrows coming at you and you drank from the fire hose (didn't block or dodge roll)
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see the lethal arrows coming at you and you drank from the fire hose (didn't block or dodge roll)

lol yes 2 but recap is 5