Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for you all. Are you going to hunt mythics before leveling the skill lines. As it will likely start to get busy in public dungeons, world bosses etc...

I also think the most efficient way to level the skill line is to go to each area and do the green leads. This will give you all the blue leads and then repeat for the purple. I think it is scrying level 8 you can scry mythics? Or are they above legendary quality?

I was thinking the same thing. After I get to at least purple level, I'm going to do the treasure maps for the vanilla zones to get the motif pages and then start hunting down all the furniture leads, clearing zone by zone. That's my planned method.

I think I'll probably get all the mythic leads for the wild Hunt ring, before I even level the skill line. Just because I can imagine world bosses etc... Getting crowded after the first week and no one can interupt me leveling the skill lines.

The wild hunt ring and the bloodlord's embrace are the 2 i'm after.

Of all the duels and set ups I tested the wild Hunt ring is by far the most fun 👏

I'm going to add the wild hunt ring to my speed farmer build.
    Orc Warden with steed mundus
    Fiord's legacy
    Cowards gear
    All wellfitted and swift
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    @Inklings why you said levelup in Artaeum to 5 and then go to all other locations, its easier will be just stay in Artaeum till level 10, no?
    small zone
    no monsters

same 3 types of treasure green+blue+purple

I would say "easier", yes. Productive, no.
    You can still do the green, blue, purple freebies in all the other zones plus find and follow up on all leads in those zones at the same time. The idea of grinding Artaeum was to fast track the skills to the point of making the other zones easier and more efficient.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    @Inklings why you said levelup in Artaeum to 5 and then go to all other locations, its easier will be just stay in Artaeum till level 10, no?
    small zone
    no monsters

You can still do the green, blue, purple freebies in all the other zones plus find and follow up on all leads in those zones at the same time. The idea of grinding Artaeum was to fast track the skills to the point of making the other zones easier and more efficient.

I believe you get exp for achievements too, so spreading to other zones should help with that too
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi's Roost
    Cat's Eye Prism (Gold) - Psijic Portal

Auridon
    Echoes of Aldmeris (Gold) - Treasure Chest
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    small zone
    no monsters

I believe you get exp for achievements too, so spreading to other zones should help with that too

but there is no achievements that must be done in other locations
    all can be completed in Artaeum
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a thought …

Has it been established if the level of your scrying or excavating skill has any effect on the level of the leads you find 'in the wild'?

For example if this one sends her apprentices out lead hunting while they look for skyshards and they themselves have neither of these skills have they just as much chance of finding gold leads or is it going to be mostly green or blue?

This one understands that these leads are rare enough anyway but was curious if anyone had any thoughts or observations on this.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a thought …

Has it been established if the level of your scrying or excavating skill has any effect on the level of the leads you find 'in the wild'?

For example if this one sends her apprentices out lead hunting while they look for skyshards and they themselves have neither of these skills have they just as much chance of finding gold leads or is it going to be mostly green or blue?

This one understands that these leads are rare enough anyway but was curious if anyone had any thoughts or observations on this.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

No. Your levels in the skill lines dont effect your ability to find leads at all. That would go against the whole concept of the system being account wide if it did.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    This one has a thought …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

No. Your levels in the skill lines dont effect your ability to find leads at all. That would go against the whole concept of the system being account wide if it did.

I've never actually seen a clear discussion of what parts of the system are truly account-wide and which are character specific. Where might I find one?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I have a couple questions I've come up with after playing on PTS and reading these threads, hoping this is the right place:
    1. Once you scry your first "zone lead", based on Jacks mini guide on leveling scrying in Artaeum, it sounds like you will always get a blue lead after you scry your first green one?
    2. Given that leads last for 30 days(I think) you're guaranteed to be able to "grind skill" in that zone with the starter lead, but you'd just have to keep repeating those leads until you move to the next quality? (Similar to Jacks mini Artaeum grind mentioned earlier)
    3. What do you get for/with these antiquities? I know they said they were being sent for overnight study, etc... but I assume you get something for uncovering them? Do you just sell them for gold? Use them in combat, etc? I see a couple tabs in the spreadsheet listing Mythic items and other
    4. In the Antiquities spreadsheet, several of the leads say they are "free zone leads". How does one get those leads? Just by entering the zone? (I haven't logged into PTS to answer this myself yet)

Thanks for any help! I'm trying to ask pertinent, general questions hopefully to help someone else coming here looking for similar answers :smile:
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    This one has a thought …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I've never actually seen a clear discussion of what parts of the system are truly account-wide and which are character specific. Where might I find one?

it was stated in one of the streams but the summary is: The leads are account wide, you can find them on any character (does not require even unlocking the skill line) and then go dig them up with another. Skill line progression is character specific
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for you all. Are you going to hunt mythics before leveling the skill lines. As it will likely start to get busy in public dungeons, world bosses etc...

I also think the most efficient way to level the skill line is to go to each area and do the green leads. This will give you all the blue leads and then repeat for the purple. I think it is scrying level 8 you can scry mythics? Or are they above legendary quality?

I was thinking the same thing. After I get to at least purple level, I'm going to do the treasure maps for the vanilla zones to get the motif pages and then start hunting down all the furniture leads, clearing zone by zone. That's my planned method.

I think I'll probably get all the mythic leads for the wild Hunt ring, before I even level the skill line. Just because I can imagine world bosses etc... Getting crowded after the first week and no one can interupt me leveling the skill lines.

Of all the duels and set ups I tested the wild Hunt ring is by far the most fun 👏
    This one has a thought …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The skill lines are character specific, but the leads are account wide as they are kept in your journal.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    i received Lacquered Wooden Tone-Box for Aldmeri Symphonia from jewelry box in Skyrim

its Summerset specific one
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple questions I've come up with after playing on PTS and reading these threads, hoping this is the right place:
      [*] Once you scry your first "zone lead", based on Jacks mini guide on leveling scrying in Artaeum, it sounds like you will always get a blue lead after you scry your first green one?
      Correct and also a purple one after your first blue from that original green. The green and blue ones can then be farmed over and over in sequencing order.

[*] Given that leads last for 30 days(I think) you're guaranteed to be able to "grind skill" in that zone with the starter lead, but you'd just have to keep repeating those leads until you move to the next quality? (Similar to Jacks mini Artaeum grind mentioned earlier)
      Each Starter zone green lead can be farmed as much as you want. After you farm the blue one that comes from that zone starter green lead you will need to redo the green one before you can do the blue again.

[*] What do you get for/with these antiquities? I know they said they were being sent for overnight study, etc... but I assume you get something for uncovering them? Do you just sell them for gold? Use them in combat, etc? I see a couple tabs in the spreadsheet listing Mythic items and other
      A verity of things:
      -Very powerful mythical gear that is a rare 1 piece bonus
      -Mount
      -Housing Items
      -Music boxes
      -personalities/emotes
      -treasures to just vendor
      -More

[*] In the Antiquities spreadsheet, several of the leads say they are "free zone leads". How does one get those leads? Just by entering the zone? (I haven't logged into PTS to answer this myself yet)
      Yes you just need to go to that zone and you will be able to scribe them.

This system is very en-depth. Dont expect to go into it having a very firm grasp with out actually digging(pun intended) into the new system. It will all make a lot more sense after about an hour of playing around with it. When the chapter goes live ill be streaming the power leveling process i came up with if you or anyone else wants to see how its done to get a better idea how the system works.
      Edited by Inklings on May 23, 2020 2:51PM
    1. Env_t
      Env_t
      ✭✭✭
      anyone found this one guys?

Dwemer Body Markings
      Ysgamor's Chosen Face Markings
    2. Ufretin
      Ufretin
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Fiord's legacy
      Cowards gear
      All wellfitted and swift

Wild Hunt doesn't raise the speed cap, does it? You should already be capped with your current build.
    3. Inklings
      Inklings
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      small zone
      no monsters

The purple is not repeatable like the green and blues. So each new zone is giving you a 3 exp lead.

Honestly depending on how good you are scrying the purple at level 5. Staying in Artaeum might be better for you. Those who are good at scrying and can do it fast at max result, zone hoping will be a bit faster.
    4. MashmalloMan
      MashmalloMan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ufretin wrote: »

Fiord's legacy
      Cowards gear
      All wellfitted and swift

Wild Hunt doesn't raise the speed cap, does it? You should already be capped with your current build.

Yes, but with the Wild Hunt increasing regular movement speed, sprinting wouldn't 100% be necessary.

200 cap
      100 base
      45 wild hunt
      10 steed
      18 3x swift gold

Thats 173% base movement speed, the remaining 27% can be covered through major expedition on rapids. 200% movement speed, 0 sprinting required or at 173% base movement speed, you can simply sprint for +40% more and hit cap with none of the other items/race/armor required, thats obviously the easiest option. Add in Vampire Stage 4 and you can sprint at 200% movement speed undetected.

There is only 2 benefits of going over cap with all the other extras for +40% from base sprint, medium armor (+21% sprint) orc (+10% sprint), fiords (+15% sprint) and cowards (major expedition/protection when sprinting for +30%).

1. If your snared by a mob, you might still be at 200% cap, but it would be better to use cc immunity type of set since your base is basically at cap just by sprinting.
      2. Don't need to cast a skill for major expedition?
      PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
      Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    5. Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OK, so is the "base" speed your "jogging" speed (fastest movement speed without sprinting) and the wild hunt only affects that?

Or is the "base" unmodified sprint?

And the tooltip for the ring says, "Increases your movement speed by 15% while in combat. Increases your movement speed by 45% while out of combat" I take it that "movement speed" means all movement (walk, jog and sprint).

I realize with my build, I'm already close to the 200 cap so it's not a big deal. I just wanted to see how much more I could push it.
    6. Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Btw, I've stopped updating MY list because a) @Inklings' spreadsheet was MUCH more comprehensive, and b) I'm assuming that @Inklings is updating the spreadsheet itself with any new leads that get posted that aren't on the original version.

As an aside - can anyone on the PTS confirm whether or not the boost to "movement speed" from the wild hunt ring affects mount speed too?
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    7. relentless_turnip
      relentless_turnip
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Saucy_Jack wrote: »
      Btw, I've stopped updating MY list because a) @Inklings' spreadsheet was MUCH more comprehensive, and b) I'm assuming that @Inklings is updating the spreadsheet itself with any new leads that get posted that aren't on the original version.

As an aside - can anyone on the PTS confirm whether or not the boost to "movement speed" from the wild hunt ring affects mount speed too?

It doesn't, but it does increase swim speed👍
    8. Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, even if the ring doesn't boost my farmers sprint speed, the swim speed will be useful.
    9. relentless_turnip
      relentless_turnip
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Well, even if the ring doesn't boost my farmers sprint speed, the swim speed will be useful.

It increases all movement speed of your character so that includes sprinting... It acts like any other source increased movement speed.
    10. Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It increases all movement speed of your character so that includes sprinting... It acts like any other source increased movement speed.

That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure, since someone else said I was near the cap for speed so I probably wouldn't get much benefit from it. I'm still gonna get it and wear it on my farmer either way. LOL
    11. Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Question. Do the "Dig Site Keen Eye" and "Treasure Chest Keen Eye" passives work on the buried treasure locations from treasure maps?

I'm thinking probably not, but just curious in case they do.
    12. Inklings
      Inklings
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah im keeping an eye on it and frantically updating it from all the sources i'm getting lead info for in prep for the chapter release on tuesday.

We are only like 30 leads away from having them all located!
    13. Pinja
      Pinja
      ✭✭✭✭
      Aetherquartz Tonal Resonator: Gold Piece of Dwarven Mount
      Craglorn, Mtharnaz delve, Boss-The Brass Hatchling
      przxwj1v90du.png

Weathered Dwarven Cogs: Blue Piece of Dwarven Mount
      Alik'r Desert, Aldunz delve, Boss- Thinks-in-Gears
      3yptr6spcvv8.png

REFOUND ITEMS

Malacath's Brutal Ritual Oil: Gold Piece of Malacath's Band
      Stormhaven, Bonesnap Ruins, Boss- Lughar (an Ogre)
      vjktvsjcuy96.png

Spellscar Shard: Purple Furniture
      Craglorn Mob Drop
      l9dz3a12tul3.png

Pinja for Dual Wands.
      Pinja's three server solutions:
    14. Pinja
      Pinja
      ✭✭✭✭
      @Inklings I was looking at the spread sheet and the Dwarven Horngrip and Dwarven Articulated Paws are both undiscovered on the Ebony Wolf Page. I checked this thread and a I checked your spread sheet and they are written down as being from the same boss in Darkshade Caverns... Under the Ebonhart Deshaan section of the sheet it doesn't even display the paws as missing from there. I'd double check it.
      Pinja for Dual Wands.
      Pinja's three server solutions:
    15. FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Obviously, opinions will change a lot as Greymoor goes live. But what's the current thinking about questions like:
      • Does a particular lead tend to drop only from a single source? E.g., are there really leads that only drop from safeboxes?
      • How precise are lead sources? E.g., any boss in a given group or public dungeon, or just a particular one?
      • What do lead drop rates look like?
      Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 26, 2020 12:51PM
    16. Texecutioner187
      Texecutioner187
      ✭✭✭

This system is very en-depth. Dont expect to go into it having a very firm grasp with out actually digging(pun intended) into the new system. It will all make a lot more sense after about an hour of playing around with it. When the chapter goes live ill be streaming the power leveling process i came up with if you or anyone else wants to see how its done to get a better idea how the system works.

Yes, I would like to see that if you're still planning on doing that.
    17. Env_t
      Env_t
      ✭✭✭
      artaeum to 5
      after it do each zone 3 free leads + group dungeon challenge bosses

this is how i planning to do it
      this must be enough to max the lines or close to it

+ all free leads from skyrim that you can pickup anyway without quests

Body Marking: Dwemer Body Markings
      Body Marking: Ysgramor's Chosen Body Markings
      Major Adornment: Companion's Coronet
      Major Adornment: Dwemer Crown