The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can bound armaments give bonus heavy attack damage since stamsorcs now have to heavy attack with dizzy? lol
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    So can bound armaments give bonus heavy attack damage since stamsorcs now have to heavy attack with dizzy? lol

Why should it? Tooltip says only LA Bonus dmg and you dont have to heavy with 2h on a Stamsorc.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on October 30, 2019 7:31AM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figure I bring this here since it is likely zos wont check other threads

pulled from https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/523760/is-crystal-blast-still-that-bad#latest
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Crystal Blast could easily be renamed to crystal blade or something of that nature for a stam morph. Then it could have the light attack proc from the current Bound armaments, bringing back the previous block mit ability which was unique and useful.

maybe:
    Gain a crystal dagger after each light attack when slotted. The crystal blade ability will be a ~1 second cast that deals X amount of physical damage and releases any built up daggers dealing X amount of physical damage each. If there are 4 daggers the crystal blade becomes infused with the daggers for a short ~4 sec period and will stun/knockup the enemy and deal X amount of bonus damage.
    This would allow stamsorc to have two unique abilities with minimal work from zos. It would solve the issue of adding in a class spamable, but it would not be boring to use since to get burst out of the skill it forces players to light weave other abilities to gain the potential burst. On top of that it provides stamsorc with a way of actually using the blood magic passive.

Ideally the expert summoner passive would also be changed to give the health bonus after using a daedric summoning ability for probably 10-15sec, or make it give the health passive for having a daedric summoning ability slotted. Considering wardens give a similar passive to their entire group for using any heal, this wouldn't be extreme by any standards.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With recent changes to how major/minor buffs/debuffs work, I believe it is about time storm atronach synergy become a group synergy. It should have either multiple synergy activation like orbs or obe synergy activation that affect multiple targets like bone shield synergy. Also, the buff should last longer like necromqncer colossus 12 secs or even more becauae it requires a synergy to activation unlike colossus where the debuff happens when you use the ultimate.

Also, please make crystal fragment instant instead of cast time. Please, no cast time on spammable skills.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop sorc pets from being unsummoned due to unavoidable fight mechanics. i.e: frostvault skeevaton phase, stone garden werewolf hulk phase.

they dont need to follow us around and add extra dps during those phases, just have them reappear (the same way they do when you log out and log in)

also, id like to see a change to one of the ults to allow more tank flexibility. maybe move storm atro to stormcalling tree and grab a new ult altogether for daedric summoning. maybe something similar to bound aegis, but bound armor. something to use to provide more tankiness in heavy incoming damage scenarios.

overload is only used in pve to parse and pvp to line more damage up for one shots. magsorc has been one of the most frustrating classes to fight against in pvp for a very long time and it seems like every time theyre bumped down in one way they find other ways to work around it. the one shot combo potential magsorc has in pvp doesnt even require overload to pull off, it's just a "win more" ability.
    With recent changes to how major/minor buffs/debuffs work, I believe it is about time storm atronach synergy become a group synergy. It should have either multiple synergy activation like orbs or obe synergy activation that affect multiple targets like bone shield synergy. Also, the buff should last longer like necromqncer colossus 12 secs or even more becauae it requires a synergy to activation unlike colossus where the debuff happens when you use the ultimate.

Also, please make crystal fragment instant instead of cast time. Please, no cast time on spammable skills.

agreed to all of this.
    Edited by Apox on September 24, 2020 9:47PM
  • ApolloCentauri
    ApolloCentauri
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know if I'm the only one that feels like this, and maybe I am, but I think that some of the Sorcerer skills are niche and not used very much. Some skills do the same thing. For example Encase, Rune Prison, and Daedric Mines all immobilize but in slightly different ways. I don't know any Sorcerer build that even uses Daedric Mines or Encase (unless I just haven't seen them). I have some proposals that might hopefully make some of the Sorcerer skills better to use if implemented and provide a greater variety of build options. Hopefully someone finds these ideas good. :smile:

Dark Magic

Negation Field - This is purely a cosmetic change, but it would look cool if there were a large rune placed on the ground the size of the dome.

Crystal Shard/Crystal Fragments - Fix the animation so that when cast repeatedly the character doesn’t reach back to pull their staff/weapon out for a half second and then put it back. It’s clunky and awkward looking!

Encase - Rather than its current form of using crystals to hold an enemy, this will create a purple bubble with crystal shards flying around the enemy and dealing (1400-1700) magic damage over 10 seconds. Also applies Minor Maim on the target.
    • Morph 1: Mass Encase - Now hits up to three targets.
    • Morph 2: Siphoning Encase - Gain Minor Lifesteal for the duration of the skill.

Rune Prison - Keep the same.
    • Morph 1: Rune Cages - Now applies to two enemies and deals damage when the effect completes.
    • Morph 2: Defensive Rune - Converts into a Stamina ability and also applies Minor Fracture and Minor Breach on the enemy for 10 seconds when stunned.

Daedric Mines - The base skill becomes the current Daedric Tomb morph. Immobilize the enemy for 4 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    • Morph 1: Daedric Tomb - Heal you and your allies for each enemy immobilized (up to three enemies).
    • Morph 2: Daedric Minefield - Keep it the same, converts into a stamina ability.

Daedric Summoning

Daedric Curse - Now applies Major Prophecy upon activation. Keep the rest the same.

Bound Armor - As I understand it, hardly anyone uses the active ability. It’s very niche and has a very short duration.
    New Effect: Upon activation, grants Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280 for 22 seconds (makes more sense for something with the word armor, moved from Lightning Form). Also grants a passive 5% increase to magicka while slotted.
    • Morph 1: Bound Armaments - The bonus stays relatively the same plus extra damage added to heavy attacks. Converts into a stamina ability and grants a 5% increase to Stamina instead of Magicka. Also increases your damage with light and heavy attacks.
    • Morph 2: Bound Aegis - also grants Minor Fortitude and Minor Intellect, increasing your health and magicka recovery by 10% for the duration.

Storm Calling

Overload - Increase the range of the heavy attack as far as the light attacks can travel.
    • Morph 1: Power Overload - Increase the range of the Light and Heavy attacks..
    • Morph 2: Energy Overload - Light attacks restore magicka (stays the same).

I have two different ideas for Mage’s Fury. I prefer the first one, but the second would be sufficient if implemented. The reason I recommend a change to Mage’s Fury is because the Sorcerer only really has one spammable class skill: Crystal Fragments. Mage’s Fury as is doesn’t deal enough damage to be a spammable and is a niche ability.

1. Mage’s Fury - rather than a lightning strike this will fire a beam of lightning at an enemy from the hand. Increase the damage by ~50-65%. The explosion that deals extra damage to target under 20% health will have reduced damage.
    • Morph 1: Mage’s Wrath - changes into a channeled ability that deals shock damage two times per second over 2 seconds.
    • Morph 2: Endless Fury - the beam can chain to up to 3 nearby enemies. If an enemy is killed with this ability you restore magicka for each enemy killed.

2. Mage’s Fury - Increase the damage by ~50-65%. The animation remains the same, maybe raise the lightning strike a little bit higher. The explosion that deals extra damage to target under 20% health will have reduced damage.
    • Morph 1: Mage’s Wrath - There are multiple Lightning strikes that now hit up to six targets and deal less damage. The “if a target’s Heath falls below 20% deals extra damage” is removed.
    • Morph 2: Endless Fury - changes into a channeled ability that drops a continuous lightning strike onto the target, dealing shock damage two times per second over 1.5 seconds. Restore 200 magicka per hit.

Lightning Form - Now grants Minor Evasion and Minor Expedition for the full duration of the skill in addition to the damage it deals.
    • Morph 1: Hurricane - Converts into a Stamina ability and deals physical damage. Also applies Minor Resolve and Minor Ward, increasing Physical and Spell Resistance by 1320.
    • Morph 2: Boundless Storm - Increases the range and damage of the lightning zaps.

Lightning Splash - The Conduit synergy now also restores magicka to the player who activated the synergy (this is something that might be nice but isn't really necessary).
    Edited by ApolloCentauri on October 30, 2020 5:22PM
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bound Armaments - Id like to see this skill re-activate the duration of the skill every time you use the proc.
    Its just so clunky having to re-activate the skill in your rotation.
    What is annoying about it, you cant just activate it when you want and have to wait for the skill to completely end to restart the duration.
  • Tulshe
    Tulshe
    Power Surge appears pointless. Unless I'm missing something?

Power Surge is healer's ability. It activates from crit healing and heals several targets around you.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina morphs for pets:

Air Atronach (ultimate)
    Spider Daedra (stamina morph of Twilight, spits poison)
  • ApolloCentauri
    ApolloCentauri
    Soul Shriven
    Tulshe wrote: »
    Power Surge appears pointless. Unless I'm missing something?

Power Surge is healer's ability. It activates from crit healing and heals several targets around you.

I guess I missed that. I was looking at a slightly outdated site with the skills rather than looking at them in game. A mistake I made doing that obviously. I just removed that from my post, thank you for pointing that out!
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Air Atronach
    Crystal Weapon to spammable or stamina proc
    Twilight stamina Morph
    Stamina based ward maybe?
    Crystal rain aoe stamina morph of lightning splash
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I allowed to say that I find the Psijic abilities rather demeaning and insipid for my Sorceror?
    My Sorceror uses maybe one of them. But considering they're an elite in sorcery and magic why are they so lacking?
    Considering the work to acquire them it would be much more delicious if someone even enhanced their visual GRAPHICS so that it really looked like you were actually DOING something aside form their actual power output. :-)
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
    Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here once again to ask for lightning splash and its morphs to be fixed abd buffed in comparison to orb and elemntal wall.

Also, storm atronach need to have a group major berserk buff instead of a single target. Greater storm atronach (AOE morph) needs to stop doing single target damage and do more AOE damage. Greater storm atrnoqch currently spend about half of its time zaping aingle target.

Power surge needs its cooldown to be reduced to 2 secs instead of 3 and have it function both ways as in dealing crit8cal damage or critical healing to reienforce the sorc healer theme which is a hybrid healer.

Crytal weapon needs to be rework into a new skill with new animation. I want to spam crystal weapon with out the need to do a HA or LA. Crystal fragment also needs its cast time removed, it counteridict the sorc theme which is fast and mobile. It is very bad in PvP and can stun lock you vecause people can interupt you while casring it.

Bound armament should be auto-fire on fivth or sixth LA, also, make it affected by HA and maybe scale with highest offensive stats so magcka sorcer can use it.

Mages wrath is inferior to endless fury, the AOE damage it deals is nigligable to the magicka return for endless fury.

I know none of the devs will even bother read this and just think about these skills for a moment, but I will just my part. Fyi, lightning splash has been around for almost 2 years nows and never address wven with multiple ingame tickets and forum bug report threads.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been noticing that my crystal fragment casts drop sometimes. For some unknown reason, if I spam it with light attacks, the skill sometimes complete the whole animation but notthing fire and no damage is done. I'm hoping it is due to letancy or perfomance and not a new skill bug. Also, lightning spalsh and its morphs are still missing 1 sec of their overall duartions. Can we please bring back the old version of lightning splash were it deals 22% of your max magicka as initial damage then deals dot damage. Mages wrath is still inferior to endless fury. The AOE damage it deals us very insignifcant, like 25% of the excute damage. It needs a new mechqnic or maybe more excute damage as supposed to magicka return in endless fury. Also, can you please make crystal weapon an independant skill that does not need LA or HA to proc?
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions for sorcerer's Absorption Field:

Why to change this skill:
    While the damge morph is quite ok, the dfensive ultimate is underwhelming. Despite the description, it does not remove most AoEs in PvE and bosses can not be stunned nor silenced so it doesn't really help against the most dangerous enemies you are facing, the situations where you would like to have your "Oh, S**t" button. The protection it offers is just lacking compared to most defensive ultimates other classes have available (Warden's Enchanted Forest(strong synergizing with caster's passives)/Permafrost, Necromancer's Bone Goliath, DK's Magma Shell, Templar's Solar Prison/Remembrance, Nightblade's Soul Shred/Bolstering Darkness (not that good after nerfing Major Protection)). The long lasting AoE stun is a nice niche for some places but the damage morph does it as well and generally this ultimate is not worth slotting.

Some suggestions how to change:
    Absorption Field:
    1. Make this ability grant Major Protection to allis standing inside the buble. After the nerf on protection, this shouldn't be too big buff and would help this ability to stand out as protection tool for sorcerer.
    2. Alternatively, make it also continuosly purge people inside so they get rid of alteast some of the dots and other problematic status effects (most of the dangerous ones cant even be purged but this would help atleast with the ones that can).
    3. Make it actually do what it says and negate any AoE that goes inside the bubble.
    Edited by Sinolai on December 7, 2020 12:43PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does nobody think that Bound Aegis is utterly boring and useless compared to Bound Armaments?
    Bound Armaments lasts for 40 seconds, creating a cool animation around you. Boosts light attack damage and has an interesting active component with the daggers.

Bound Aegis is essentially just a passive without any active component. Not only is its active part too short lived with a meager 3 seconds, it also does not make any sense for a magicka sorcerer. Because block mitigation does not work on damage shields, since you can not block damage dealt against damage shields.

Even as a pve tank, it always makes more sense for me to use a shield or a heal rather than this 3 second buff. It would be more interesting and useful to have it be a long duration defensive buff like bound armaments. Let it create a damage shield equal to a low % of your health or magicka every few seconds. This lets it remain a defensive ability, that makes much more sense for a magicka sorcerer.

It is not satisfying to pay this hefty magicka cost for a 3 second buff that does not even benefit a magicka sorcerer.
    It feels very unsatisfying to sacrifice this one slot for an ability that is in essence just a passive that you would never even activate.

Please give Bound Aegis a compelling and sensual active component that does not just last for 3 seconds.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Weapon should be a classic spamable or at least offer something more useful then just 1k penetration.
    Stuff like increase magic dmg taken on the target or something. Looking at u stonefist ^^
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Does nobody think that Bound Aegis is utterly boring and useless compared to Bound Armaments?
    Bound Armaments lasts for 40 seconds, creating a cool animation around you. Boosts light attack damage and has an interesting active component with the daggers.

Bound Aegis is essentially just a passive without any active component. Not only is its active part too short lived with a meager 3 seconds, it also does not make any sense for a magicka sorcerer. Because block mitigation does not work on damage shields, since you can not block damage dealt against damage shields.

Even as a pve tank, it always makes more sense for me to use a shield or a heal rather than this 3 second buff. It would be more interesting and useful to have it be a long duration defensive buff like bound armaments. Let it create a damage shield equal to a low % of your health or magicka every few seconds. This lets it remain a defensive ability, that makes much more sense for a magicka sorcerer.

It is not satisfying to pay this hefty magicka cost for a 3 second buff that does not even benefit a magicka sorcerer.
    It feels very unsatisfying to sacrifice this one slot for an ability that is in essence just a passive that you would never even activate.

Please give Bound Aegis a compelling and sensual active component that does not just last for 3 seconds.

Kinda have to disagree. For a Sorc Tank the Ability is just awesome and u can sustain it. I get your point and can agree when playing Magsorc, but as stated above, it´s a awesome skill for Tanks.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

Kinda have to disagree. For a Sorc Tank the Ability is just awesome and u can sustain it. I get your point and can agree when playing Magsorc, but as stated above, it´s a awesome skill for Tanks.

I do not see it so. I play Magsorc as a tank in pve too and always find it way more efficient to use a heal or shield to brace for an impact rather than bound armor. I just have it as a minor ward giver.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the Power Surge player cap increased from 6 to 12 in order to better fill its role as a genuine tool for raid healing.

The restrictions on it are already onerous, from requiring a Critical Heal to the wonky 3-second cooldown, that there is simply no reason to randomly cap it at 6 players.

Failing that, the cooldown on the skill needs to be reduced to 1 or 2 seconds.

@Dracane I think the best move would be to keep the block bonus and give it an additional active effect. Something as simple as providing Minor Aegis for 40 seconds upon activation would give it nice utility in PvP and remove the need to double-bar it.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see the Power Surge player cap increased from 6 to 12 in order to better fill its role as a genuine tool for raid healing.

The restrictions on it are already onerous, from requiring a Critical Heal to the wonky 3-second cooldown, that there is simply no reason to randomly cap it at 6 players.

I agree. 1 sec cooldown, 12 person cap, and adjust the amount healed to compensate if you have to...say 2000 health.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I haven't played for a while now. Does anybody use the dagger parts for damage in PvE/P? Never saw them used on me in my time. Even some build pages stated that it doesn't make a difference if you use another spam or the daggers in your pve rotation.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't played for a while now. Does anybody use the dagger parts for damage in PvE/P? Never saw them used on me in my time. Even some build pages stated that it doesn't make a difference if you use another spam or the daggers in your pve rotation.

In no cp pvp, where I am, nearly all stamina Sorcerers I see use it. While no magicka Sorcerer uses bound aegis.
    In pve, I do not know because I do not raid. I assume neither is used.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to use Daggers in non-CP PvP. The damage is basically non-existent (and nearly always dodged due to the extremely long travel time) so it was more for the 8% health and regeneration passive than anything else.

After the Minor Resolve buff though, I ended up re-morphing the skill and now have Aegis on my defensive bar.

Daggers is not a particularly good skill though. The daggers need to either hit all at the same time or else have a much lower travel time (same issue that NB Bow and several other skills have).
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use Daggers in non-CP PvP. The damage is basically non-existent (and nearly always dodged due to the extremely long travel time) so it was more for the 8% health and regeneration passive than anything else.

After the Minor Resolve buff though, I ended up re-morphing the skill and now have Aegis on my defensive bar.

Daggers is not a particularly good skill though. The daggers need to either hit all at the same time or else have a much lower travel time (same issue that NB Bow and several other skills have).

For PvE, using bound armamend increases you overall damage for signifixant amount. It hit as hard as merciless with great passives for 8% max stam and 10% LA makes it favorable to be on b9th bars even if it is not used just for the passives.

As for PvP, I myself only slot it for passives, but I know for a fact that some people use it because the daggers desync target HP if they all hit somehow, so it is somwhat an exploit on that part. I have never thought of using aegis on back bar, but now since you mentioned it especaily with buff to resolve, it seems a solid option over armament.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, please, please reduce the size of the matriarch to 1/3 of its current size.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bound Armaments do not even grant the 8% from the passive. This strictly goes for actual pets, not any daedric summoning ability.

I hope at some point they change or replace this passive to give something to the entire skilline instead of essentially just 2 abilities in it. That locks out everyone who does not - understandably - want to use them.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane It only gives the 8% when the Daggers are summoned and active. While they are up they actually count as pets.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane It only gives the 8% when the Daggers are summoned and active. While they are up they actually count as pets.

Pfff. If Bound Aegis was only remotely as good as Bound Armaments.
    It has to be the worst sorcerer ability to have ever existed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they rwtore the toggle part of this ability, there was no proper reason from the beginging to remove the togfle aspect and then bring it vack with psijic order skill.