Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

PTS Update 26 - Feedback Thread for Antiquities

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback: How Fragments are handled by the Antiquities Journal.

When a Lead for a Fragment of an item (collectible, gear, mount, etc) is looted. The entire collection is added to every zone where a piece originates. That is fine BUT the tooltips of the individual pieces do NOT say which zone they came from.

For example: I found a piece of the Dwarven Ebon Wolf and here it is under the Craglorn zone page, but the fragment I got is NOT from Craglorn and the tooltip doesn't say where I got it. There are a lot of fragments for a lot of things - tooltips to help us would be amazing.

dHdKzE7.png?1

Now, I know where I got it (Stonefalls). If you have forgotten where you got which pieces and are trying to collect your missing ones, you have to travel to the zones. THEN you can see under the Scry page that the Dwarven Steam Conduit is from Stonefalls (although the actual page doesn't tell you which zone you are in, it only shows stuff for the zone you are in).

There is ONE more issue, if you mouse over the Dwarven Steam Conduit on the Scry page it has NO tooltip at all - doesn't say it is part of the Ebon Wolf, so there are some mental gymnastics to do right now to keep track of what you have from where. I can't imagine if you didn't work on it for a month or two then came back and be totally lost.

pAMI49z.png?1

Recommendation: Fragments must have tooltips on all pages and must say which zone they came from.

(also, if finding leads in one zone for another zone isn't a bug then the tooltip telling you which zone it is from is even more important, I looted part of the Music Box in Stonefalls and it added the 3 part collection to Summerset, Auridon and Grahtwood - if I want to know where to collect that piece I have to port to those zones and check the Scry page in each - but I think is a bug and it shouldn't be dropping in Stonefalls lol)
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I am missing something this is bugged for me this time around. I have cleared the green one.. and the ones around it all showed yellow but i cleared them anyway incase it was glitched.. All the other things i have dug up have been 2 spots beside each other.. This one keeps saying I have not found the item.. when I go to close it.. And i still have the Augur active....

938ug4cfxt9w.png
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Did you use a copied character or template?
    Copied Character
    What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    They were not well enough explained i felt.
    Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
    Twice from digs is all so far
    Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    Not at all... Someone had to explain that there was a new tab in the journal for scrying.. and later on my own i figured out you click the items codex thing to make it show up under scryable. I dont think things should be to easy but i feel this could have been outlined and explained a little better
    What did you think of the rewards themselves?
    Some of them are super awesome looking furnishing wise I have seen on a stream I havent gotten to any of those yet (i am still trying to figure out if i can get more than one of the furnishings for my homes some I really want to make a build with multiples.
    Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?
    Yep
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    I wish they showed me where the remaining bonus item /items were after all the turns are spent. that would be nice to know... so I dont have FOMO!
    And I also feel the scrying tool should maybe have a number on the magic bar at the bottom showing how many turns you have left.
    Edited by Snowfaeriewings on April 24, 2020 9:43PM
    Options
  • Internet_Mask
    Internet_Mask
    ✭✭✭
    Could we please for the love of the divines have versions of the ancestral armor acquired through the antiquities system offered at the outfitting station without crotch flaps and tassets?

Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    Terrible and buggy. Please put something like those little popup notifications the first time "Go to x in collections". Had to relog to fix the bug and redo the quest intro (no dig site appeared).
    A bunch yes. Nice to get these while doing open world content.
    Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    Pretty much. I do hope you add some different looks or patterns in the future as this one look will get old for a mini game.
    The end game rewards were fantastic. The extra random loot was pretty much garbage. hopefully you can add something to bonus loot that's a little more rewarding. Even if a rare chance to dig it up.
    Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?
    Yes but several did bug out.
    1. Improving tutorial needs to be done ASAP as well as fixing the major bug that forces you to relog and start over. Not a good way to introduce a system.
    2. buggy dig sites need to be fixed. ALL OF NORTHERN ELSWEYR was bugged for me.
    3. Its a solid system that feels very rewarding but will get old pretty quick if no further development done to it. Just adding new rewards will not hold interest. Adding new scrying maps, overlays, animations and new dig site elements over time could keep the antiquities system interesting for a long time.
    Edited by Evergnar on April 24, 2020 11:16PM
    Options
  • Aegonnn
    Aegonnn
    ✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    Leads:
    I'm still not sure how to approach finding leads. Yesterday I couldn't find any except for the ones found during excavations. Today I managed to find two, a blue one in a random container through thieving in Vivec city, and a legendary one in a Psijic Portal in Artaeum. I find it really confusing that we don't know which zone a lead is found in. The legendary one seems to be part of the Thrassian Stranglers, and is shown in 5 zones, but 4 of them didn't show it under the Scryables, and the 5th zone is Eyevea which I can't access on the PTS. Also the leads don't appear as items in your inventory, but automatically added to the Antiquities menu, which makes it even more confusing. I haven't found a single one from chests, monsters, fishing, or talking to merchants. The ones I found during excavations are always the same route: Green gives blue, blue gives purple, purple gives nothing, next green can give blue, which seemingly won't give you a next purple. I wonder how rare the rest of the leads are, which frankly make up most of the system.

This. I was using my main copied character. Everything was easy for me to connect the dots and figure everything out except leads. It feels like if you have done all the quests and already explored the zones like on my main character that it will be very hard and annoying to find new leads. I have not found a single lead other than the ones we already had unlocked and the ones you get from completing the leads we already had. I have ran around looting/searching and talking to NPCs in Eastmarch for a couple hours dedicated to this thinking I would find at least one lead and I've found none.
    Edited by Aegonnn on April 24, 2020 11:58PM
    Grand Overlord DK - EP/DC
    Havöc and Dracarys
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    After a few more dozens of excavations I should say that it will be good to have some info in the UI:
    1. A timer that will show when a lead expires.
    2. A number of levels of dirt that removes a trowel. I got it after some trial and error, it is better to have this number in the tooltip.
    3. What lead I am getting from excavation? Right now it seems to be always a lead in the same zone, but I don't know whether it is always the case or not.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used my main achievements character.

I initially had trouble with the dig mound loading for the tutorial. However, when it finally loaded, it went all right. I was still rather confused on how it was all going to work, though.

Yes, both from the actual digs and while harvesting nodes, unlocking chests, and fighting NPCs.

I really didn't at first. I suppose I had enough information to get started, but it really wasn't until I was leveled up to 3 on both Scrying and Excavation that I got what was going on. Then it was a blast.

Most are OK, of course. But I really like the notion of building toward the bigger rewards. I already have a lead on one of the pieces of the Thrassian Strangler gloves.

Yes. The pointers help, of course. You might suggest to people that they do the starter islands first to level up and get a feel for how it works. Then the long slogs between sites in chapter zones like Vvardenfell and Orsinium will not wear someone out right at the very beginning, before they get a feel for what's going on.

I don't recall seeing a "whoosh" message saying I had leveled up in Scrying and Excavating. I found I had to go look in skills to see if it had leveled so I could spend more skill points.

I think the numbers for how many turns you have and other assists needs to be bigger. In fact, I don't think I ever found the place where it said how many turns I had left. There's a visual indication that I finally figured out. I didn't look, but if there is a controls map of the scrying and excavating minigames in the help menu, that would be very good.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add the scry/excavate difficulty to the zone pages in the Antiquity journal tab. While it seems that green = simple, blue = intermediate and purple = advanced (despite an apparent bug that causes them all to become advanced when you put enough points into Antiquarian Insight) there are TWO different difficulties associated with gold/legendary items inthe Journal. Some are Master and some are Ultimate. It is impossible to know which until you travel to the zone and see if it is on the Scry list as available or says "needs skill". That or Change the Ultimate leads to that orange colour that the Mythic items have.

Also, for the curious, the Ultimate leads are NOT necessarily for the gear items. I just grabbed a piece of the Torc as a Master Difficulty but when i went to try for the Brazier of Cold Flame on Bleakrock it was labelled as "Ultimate" and I am only at 4/5 Antiquarian Insight. (wasted trip to Bleakrock!)
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike how when you loot a lead it goes directly into your journal. Half the time, I have no idea what lead I have just learned. This just turns what should feel like 'excitement' quickly into 'confusion' instead. I would prefer it if they land in my inventory first, so I can have a better look at them, while I marvel at my luck a little, and then let me click on them to add them to my journal.
    Options
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    I am using a copied character.

I, like others had trouble figuring out what to do in order to scry. once I figured it out, I had to teach myself how scrying worked. i misclicked a few times before understanding--but the instructions are very unclear. the help section tutorial does explain though for anyone stuck.

additionally, i got the bug where the mound does not show up outside. i checked the help section tutorial before coming to the forums to realize it's broken. tried dropping quest but didn't help. logging out started the quest over and this time the mound finally appeared.

for digging, i did it but honestly it only half makes sense. It took a bit for me to understand i had to click w/r to switch between tools. the way the brush was grayed out made me think i couldn't use it, not that it wasn't selected.

I also started a brand new toon to play through the tutorial and found a lead in the tutorial, so that was cool. however, I immediately went to my inventory to check it out and thought it bugged because it wasn't there. I checked a bunch of places, including collectables before finding the scrying tab. I wish there had been some pointer that I need to look in there to check out the lead I picked up.

i want to like this. i honestly think it's an interesting idea, but I really hope the tutorial is polished before launch.

EDIT: After doing the process about 3 or 4 times, I feel like I have the hang of it and I am actually enjoying it. I do, however, wish that I knew at what level I would be able to work on the more advanced leads. It would be nice to have a goal in mind.
    Edited by indigorune on April 27, 2020 5:06AM
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it intended that all leads should require Master+ level scrying and excavation after a character has all passives unlocked? I suppose that would keep people from steamrolling easier boards with their unlocked abilities, but it seems pretty silly to have to do the hardest level puzzles for simple green or blue treasures.
    Edited by Ilsabet on April 25, 2020 6:25PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • axxlesoft_ESO
    axxlesoft_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I beta tested antiquites during a stream on FB. https://facebook.com/weberprime/videos/874483823023437/

I used a copied character.

The tutorial quests do not provide a proper tutorial on how to scry antiquities. I was able to find the antiquity quest from a notice.

I have but I don't think I found any in the video.

I pieced together how to scry based on the patch notes. Nothing in either the tutorial quests of the help menu pointed towards the actual mechanic of how to start scrying for an antiquity. It was very frustrating until I noticed in the patch notes that we could scry from either the journal or map. This needs to be made clear. Also, it is not obvious that the goal of the mini-game of scrying is to get to the 'foci.' Although, that is made explicit in the tutorial, when we click on the 'foci' a message appears saying that we cannot click on a wild card or some such. In other words, there is no indication that the 'foci' is in fact the 'foci.' Excavation was also extremely frustrating because of the bug in the tutorial quest where the dirt mound we are to excavate does not appear. I came here, to this thread, to figure out that relogging was a work-around.

The rewards seem reasonable. Although I primarily received items to sell.

Once I realized that the Eye of the Antiquarian Tool was used to point in the direction of dig sites, it was easy to find the dig sites. The 30 second cooldown is annoying.

I think that it is interesting that we need achievements to level the skill lines. I like that. Over all, the system seems like a grind and not something I will spend a lot of time doing. Beyond the bugs, this system could use some polish to make it more fun.
    Options
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    • Did you use a copied character or template?
    Copied.
    • What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    I went to Solitude for the purpose of trying out Antiquities, and I found the flyer on the wall easily enough. Picking up the quest got me to the building. So no real issues there.

The first confusing thing that happened was that when I walked into the Antiquities Circle building, I saw a subtitle for some Gabrielle dialogue, but heard no voiceover and couldn't find Gabrielle in the building at all. These subtitles popped up multiple times while I was there. After doing the tutorial, I understand that the text is what she says to people who are attempting to scry. You need to remove the subtitles for people who are not on that step of the tutorial.

As most everyone has said, the tutorial quest is confusing and does very little to help players understand how to do anything. I too spent an inordinate amount of time wandering around the building spamming my new memento until I finally did a search on the forum that led me to this thread. You need to have something telling people to open their journal and go to the Antiquities tab to scry. It's not intuitive at all and the directions are terrible.............

Most of the earlier post (of which this is just part) by @Ilsabet reflects my experience, although I didn't find the flyer and just found the Antiquities place by accident. The tutorial is obscure (why can you not to back to Gabrielle to get more hints or a reminder when trying to work out what to do, rather than just a patronising 'you'll get it in the end'? The language she uses is not always helpful; I get that it should be in 'in game' type speech, but it is rather unclear). The mound did not show up for the tutorial until I had relogged. The lack of clarity on what to look for did not help, so this was quite frustrating to start with. Didn't realise that I had to click on what to scry for first, nor quite where it was - as many have said you intuitively start with the object, not going to your journal (why is this not a quest perhaps? We are used to looking there for things to do). It was only though using the help, experimenting and using a guide someone had put out (thankyou!) that I worked out what to do overall (and I have a PhD, so I'm not stupid!). Once I had worked it out though the scrying and digging games were reasonably straightforward and quite fun. The crystal thing at the bottom filling up is unclear though - how many actual moves do you have left? And the digging for extras seems quite random with no real indication unlike the main treasure.

As others have said, I couldn't loot a thieves trove via R - had to do it one by one. Found a nice lead in one, but can't do it yet. It's not entitrely clear how best to level up the skill lines. And the 'energy' bar for using the trowel is in the way on the middle of the screen - this needs to be moved or movable. It's quite irritating.

Edit: I completely agree with the point that new leads should go into your inventory so you can look at them first and know what you have. What would be useful is an overall list of things that you scry for and where they are, rather than having to go into each zone list to check. Not clear that the scryable list is only for the zone you are in, rather than a list of everything you can choose to look for.
    Edited by LadyHeloise on April 28, 2020 11:31AM
    PC-EU.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating my "lead" checklist

1. Talk to all NPCs, checking merchant inventories. Leads Found
    2. Safeboxes Leads Found
    3. Pickpocket and Container stealing. still nothing from these
    4. Treasure Chests Leads Found
    5. Thieves Trove Leads Found
    6. Harvestable Nodes Lead Found
    7. Kill all Bosses
    • World Boss nothing yet
    • Delve Boss lead found
    • Anchor/Geyser/Dragon nothing yet
    • Public Dungeon Boss lead found
    • 4 Man Dungeon Boss nFG1 no lead
    9. Kill some of every different named mob Lead Found
    10. Fishing nothing yet

Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BUG

I've been able to repeat this four times now. When the artifact is located on the right edge of the dig site, it will not register as having been dug up. I don't know if this happens on the other edges or not, nor do I know if it also affects bonus loot items.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • ichsuisme
    ichsuisme
    ✭✭✭
    I used a new character then switched to my main achievement character that was copied over. The tutorial was not straight-forward, if it launches as is it will frustrate a lot of people; the intro quest needs to hold our hands a bit more. I found 2 leads, one was purple, the other was green. I expected to come across more. I expected the leads to be tied to zone story achievements and completion; when I logged into my copied character who's done all the main quests in every zone, I expected to have leads in my collectibles or somewhere.

I liked the mechanic of scrying and excavating. Finding the dirt mounds can take a bit long if the highlighted area is big. The amount of skill points going into these two skill lines is too much though.

I did not expect to be digging up pickpocket junk. I did not expect to be digging up small amounts of gold. These are bad rewards. I expected the lower tier item rewards to be better. Whats the point of doing low level digs if I can get the same junk while saving time just by stealing? Also, the mythic items being split into 5 pieces is not motivating either.

My feedback is to not make this system a burden. Do not launch this as a psijic order grind with RnG. Make high quality leads common and easy to track down. This is a cool system but if you don't make it fun and rewarding, players won't do it and so much of it will never be touched. With the current state of the game, we need something fun; this could be it if you tweak it. Oh -- Also! The patch notes said the leads expire after 30 days, that's not player-friendly, make leads permanent; or at least let us extend the life of our leads by paying someone like 30 filled soul gems or something other than gold.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you use a copied character or template?

template (max CP) NOT fully skilled -> not sure what messed up, but after doing the tutorial I was bound to level and could not invest skill points to just go on trying different difficult levels.
    • What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?

I read this forum before I started out - so I was prepared, and still it took a little trial and error. Guess thats a clear thumbs down for the tutorial. ;)

As for the story-side of the introduction
      1) I am urged to vow to not just sell what I find but bring it back for studies-> yet not one of the antiquarians is interested in what i bring back. Unless I want to clutter my inventory I HAVE to sell the treasures.

edit 1: This is a bug: scrying has no cooldown -> solution: quit game and try later
      2) When looking at a lead i am directed to one of the antiquarians via the journal-> yet there isn't anything they seem to have to do with my lead... or could possibly tell me about it. When you are in a cooldown for scrying (how long is that cooldown btw?, anyone knows?) you don't get any information of whether you are in the right spot or have to wait a little or just log in and out to proceed... nada, nothing. You are just left with no options that leave you think you are again mysteriously stupid. You are not even told there is a cool down on scrying! This isn't an encouraging feeling to try the feature again.

The introductory story is rudimentally telling one about the cicle and what they do, the whys and hows are not well explained. The motives of the group are contradicted by the way the antiques system function (see 1) and the mechanics are so badly explained they leave you feeling dumb ( see edit 1).

If this was the effect the designers wanted to achieve, well done!

When it works, its fun with potential to addiction (if you like puzzles)
    • Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
      Yes, I got 2 golden leads from random mobs, 1 purple lead from a thieves trove, one from a boss-mob, 1 blue lead from a psijik portal and one from excavating a bonus item.

While this sounds amazing -> at level 1 scrying and excavating this is just discouraging knowing that leads only beeing available for 30 days.

edith 2: at third try, no leads found at all. same playing time invested, same activities done as before

• Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?

It took a little to figure it out, but once you get the hang it works like a charm. If /when it works at all that is.

I think the minigames themselves are ok to try once in a while.

• What did you think of the rewards themselves?

A motiv chapter page on level one (green lead) -> too good
      100 gold treasures -> imo not worth it.

• Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?

For green leads: -> yes

edit 3: Nothing happening when using the memento is a bug -> quit game and try again later
      Didn't figure out how the memento is supposed to help, tho. Or to put that differently: Nothing happended when using the memento. No lights, no pointers, no animation, no sounds, no voice... just plain: nothing -> not at/near the dig side, not outside of it, I may add.

Maybe later.

edit 4: feedback:
      The minigames are fun, when you figure out how to do them AND the mechanics are not bugged.

Rewards are not well balanced, imo.

Finding leads seems to be bugged, regarding chance as well as quality of findings. If they are not tradeable and have a timer on them (30 days) I personally will not invest in such an activity, because my personal chances at having the option to participate/engage are very slim when I have 2-3 days with 1-3 hours playtime each, a month. I am aware PPl with more time to play may think differently, but thats my perspective. Adding to it, even if I find a lead, if its way above my own skill-level (eg. purple or golden lead at level 1) I wont have any chance to finish it, at all.
      -> Making leads tradeable may help with both, but will effect inventory management.
    [/quote]

Edited by Elsterchen on April 26, 2020 1:04PM
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploring Western Skyrim, in a seemingly out of the way place, under a rock wall, across a river, I could see a faint glow flushed with the soil. Not understanding what could cause a glow like this, I swam to it and found a stone tablet on the ground. Alas, looting it gave me a lead! This was actually pretty awesome, finding a lead that's not in a container or anything.

So... about leads going directly into our journal instead of our inventory, I would almost be okay with this if, at the very least, in the journal UI, you could add some kind of indicator on the lead, so we know which one it is that we have just picked up. Such as a glowing outline around it or something? There has gotta be some way of knowing.
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    BUG

I've been able to repeat this four times now. When the artifact is located on the right edge of the dig site, it will not register as having been dug up. I don't know if this happens on the other edges or not, nor do I know if it also affects bonus loot items.

Yep this happened to me I also included a screenshot and it only had ONE green square... so that is probably why
    Options
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    After every successful scry, the map is opened to show the revealed location. And every time this happens, it breaks my map. I cannot click on a wayshrine unless I /reloadui.

I'm using an imported character.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    n0tthesun wrote: »
    After every successful scry, the map is opened to show the revealed location. And every time this happens, it breaks my map. I cannot click on a wayshrine unless I /reloadui.

Down at the bottom of the map after you scry, there's an easily missed prompt that says something like "Press E to continue." Do that and the map is back to normal.

It's a bit confusing, I agree, but for me at least, once you're aware of that fact it's no big deal.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n0tthesun wrote: »

After every successful scry there is a prompt on the map to confirm that you have seen this location. See image
    4I1mEvC.jpg
    one mer to find them,
    Options
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Antiquities. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you use a copied character or template? )
    • Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
    • Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    • What did you think of the rewards themselves?
    • Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?

1. Yes & no (both)
    2. Intro quest was good, but difficult to find unless you happen to read one of the post-notes on a wall. If you're just looking to start, & dont know this, you can't distinguish between a regular quest & an antiquities starter.
    3. I was only able to find 3 epic (purple) leads... all of which were unusable without the passives unlocked. Please make them usable or make them only drop in lower quality until the passive is unlocked. OR, remove the expiration timer from these things, it's dang near impossible to find green level leads to scry to level up the passives in time to do the epic you find. (I tried looting, thieving, murder, and boss slaughter, all for hours, only to end up with 3 purples i couldnt use)
    4. I understood, after some fiddling about. A little more descriptive text on the digging window during the intro quest may help with this.
    5. The rewards are nice, (but we could always ask for more yes?)
    6. The one in northern part of western skyrim was in an area which must have had quest related frost-over of vision, which drastically diminished the ability to find it. ( it took me 1.5hrs)
    7. Further information from the quest giver about how to level up the skills would be nice. A restriction on "lead" drop levels until the related lead level in the "scrying" passive was unlocked would be nice, so that any lead that does drop, can actually be used, can help you level it, rather than just disappointingly expiring. Please remove the expiry on leads.
    Options
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭
    - Template
    - Skipped
    - Yes
    - Found videos of them
    - Interesting, but low value for effort
    - Yes

Once you have all the passives, Scrying is far too easy. Using the step 4-6 spaces outward in a straight line, the hardest difficulty items are super easy to solve. These are Epic items, that should require work to figure out where they are. Yes, passives should help, but this skill is far too OP.

Perhaps a better option is to claim 4-6 hexes that are adjacent to an existing uncovered hex, so that you can quickly get to large patches without skipping said patches completely.
    Options
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭
    Gandamir wrote: »
    Once you have all the passives, Scrying is far too easy. Using the step 4-6 spaces outward in a straight line, the hardest difficulty items are super easy to solve. These are Epic items, that should require work to figure out where they are. Yes, passives should help, but this skill is far too OP.

Here is an example of 3 moves using this skill:
    https://imgur.com/Cj7l0ia

Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an example of 3 moves using this skill:
    https://imgur.com/Cj7l0ia

This is not the hardest difficulty, this is Master difficulty :)

Personally I don't see the need to use 4-6 spaces line tool so I don't have a feedback for it.
    one mer to find them,
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Level 1 template - so fresh start like on live.

I came to PTS to test that particular part of the update (the antiquities system) so I was actively looking for a quest giver to this system, but could not find any. I had to resort to Saucy jack's thread in here to find it. I don't know how much time it would have taken me to "naturally stumble upon it".
    The tutorial quest was buggy (had to reloadui, log out and back, etc...). Frankly I did not understand much of the tutorial quest. The scrying and digging systems are pretty intuitive once you're in their respective interfaces, but the written explanations were confusing if anything.
    Nothing INGAME told me to look at my journal and at this new tab there.
    Also, nothing INGAME told me that the antiquities tab was only showing items in my current zone as scryable.

As a result I scried and digged 10 times the same item over and over (not funny) because I thought I had to gain XP, or invest skill points, or even do the other zones' main quests in order to access the antiquities system there. Only reading the forums informed me that I simply had to travel to other zones to access their antiquities.

Yes, I was lucky with treasure chests and found a couple of leads there. It's nice to give players new incentives for chest opening / hunting.
    I also got a lead dropped by a mob. Nice surprise and nice change from the general zone loot.

I love those minigames. I have invested a few skill points in scrying and digging tools, but I yet have to understand how they work, and the tooltips are of no help (admittedly I haven't put a lot of effort into understanding the tutorial and tooltips, but I believe the minigames should require efforts, not the tutorials or tooltips).

Looks nice. Haven't levelled the skill lines enough yet to discover the purple/gold rewards and I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'll have to pass on that question.

Yes, but the blue "comet" shown by the device doesn't look enough like an arrow and sometimes it's hard to tell which direction it shows. Also, sometimes this "comet" gets stuck partly or entirely in the landscape (mountain for instance).
    The cooldown to re-cast the device is faaar too long in my opinion.

This system is AWESOME, I love these things and that might keep me playing for yet another looong time.
    The tutorial needs some refining obviously, I understand this is not an easy task.

One more thing, very important IMHO : give us some perk, ability, costume, whatever... to hide from mobs while hunting antiquities. Most digging zones are right in the middles of constantly respawning overland mobs. Who likes to fight overland mobs ? Noone playing for more than 6 months, I guess. The point is to take us back to older game zones, let us rediscover those zones, explore them again, enjoy the scenery, etc etc. NOT TO FIGHT OVERLAND MOBS OVER AND OVER YET AGAIN.
    Please do something. Give us something that lets us not aggro mobs (if we choose so) while hunting antiquities. Not every Indiana Jones out there needs to be an undaunted warrior... THANK YOU !
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on April 27, 2020 1:57PM
    Options
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    As Gandamir says, endgame scrying is a pushover. Also, you need a way better tutorial.
    I actually made a tutorial video about scrying and excavation, including the scrying being too easy part.
    https://youtu.be/_VUQWIw_gX4?t=1632
    Thats the timestamp for scrying being to easy, if anyone is in need of a tutorial just look from the beginning.

Overall I liked the levelling process very much, but at some point the skills are just too much of a help.

Edit: Great, he does not apply the video timestamp here. See from 27:12
    Edited by hamsterontherocksb16_ESO on April 27, 2020 1:14PM
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall I liked the levelling process very much, but at some point the skills are just too much of a help.
    Endgame scrying is not a Master difficulty, to be honest. You should look for Ultimate difficulty. It is not much harder, of course, but still.
    The scrying screen:
    iQEGbbn.jpg
    one mer to find them,
    Options