The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 26 - Feedback Thread for Antiquities

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume, by now, the no-tutorial thing has been raised loudly enough, so I'll move on.

Could we move this whole system out of the Journal? Gimme a new icon at the top. Having to go into the Journal > Antiquities over and over and over again is a waste of time, esp when flipping to other Journal-based options.

Let us keybind/quick access the Antiquities window, pls.

(Unless that's also something I missed?)

ETA: Once you finally get your bearings on how this system works, it's fun. It needs some refinement, but it will be a fun little pickup-putdown timefiller.

Edit 2: On PTS tonight, an Antiquities menu is part of the map now, like houses and zones. I'm not sure if I missed this last week or if it's a new add. Either way it's far more usable than Journal > Antiquities. Thumbs up.
    Edited by reoskit on April 28, 2020 3:32AM
    Options
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    Olauron wrote: »
    Overall I liked the levelling process very much, but at some point the skills are just too much of a help.
    Endgame scrying is not a Master difficulty, to be honest. You should look for Ultimate difficulty. It is not much harder, of course, but still.
    The scrying screen:
    iQEGbbn.jpg

As far as I can see its exactly as any other board. Would make since since literally all boards I showed in my video are exactly the same (size), despite various lead rarities. Can you confirm this? PTS is down, can´t really check and even if it were slightly harder it would be still easy enough.

Some more things that came to my mind:
    Skillpoints ... so many skillpoints. Any way to make it less skillpoints? I think its 26 to unlock everything? Even with new skillpoints from the new zone its not barely enough. Not that much of a problem wíth maxed out chars that have plenty skillpoints left but for someone who has not done everything its quite a big chunk...
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can see its exactly as any other board. Would make since since literally all boards I showed in my video are exactly the same (size), despite various lead rarities. Can you confirm this? PTS is down, can´t really check and even if it were slightly harder it would be still easy enough.
    This is simple (8(9) x 13):
    XZdtpLH.jpg
    This is master (13(14)x21):
    DY5PBeT.jpg
    This is ultimate (15(16)x25):
    IToNP0V.jpg

There are also intermediate and advanced, I don't have screenshots. The difference is size and number of hex types (ultimate has one more type than master).
    Some more things that came to my mind:
    Skillpoints ... so many skillpoints. Any way to make it less skillpoints? I think its 26 to unlock everything? Even with new skillpoints from the new zone its not barely enough. Not that much of a problem wíth maxed out chars that have plenty skillpoints left but for someone who has not done everything its quite a big chunk...
    You can invest skill points on different characters. You can use scrying on one character and excavation on another.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • He11cat
    He11cat
    ✭✭
    You can invest skill points on different characters. You can use scrying on one character and excavation on another.

but no one wants to have to toon hop constantly
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Many of the Antiquity furnishings do not currently bind to you as intended when acquired." Patch 6.0.1 notes

I really liked how the furniture wasn't bound. Many players who don't do housing at all will get these items and will end up deleting them, some players may not like some items and want to sell/give them to friends rather than delete them. Maybe you end up with 15 Ayleid Lightwells while trying to find stuff on Betnihk and can only really use one! Selling or giving them away seems like a great feature. They'd make great auction items, raffle prizes and such too. AND there will be that player who needs 100 Ruby Dragon Skulls for a contest build...who would be very happy to get them from friends and guildstores.

Edit: if you decide to go through with making furniture bound from antiquities at least give them a gold sell price equal to the effort of obtaining them!

Edited by Mix on April 27, 2020 7:43PM
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I can see someone else interacting with the ground - is that somehow blocking everyone else from trying it? If so that needs to change - we're only on PTS and there are like 30 people here trying to do it

I had the same issue the dirt mound was not showing for me, I relogged and I had to do half of the quest again but it fixed it.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find when you use the eye tool it is not very clear as to what way it is pointing, my suggestion is to make that much clearer.

Its not very obvious as to what you need to do or where to go after you have done the quest with Gabrielle. Maybe there needs to be something that tells you where to find more things to dig for like some sort of clue.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the whole system feels like a cheap mobile game to get people to grind things and to buy many DLCs to grind more things. I'm already sick of it and have 0 interest to do it on live. But here we go.

Did you use a copied character or template?
    Template.

What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    Tutorial was easy to do, but there seemed to be no Map icon to point me towards the Antiquities building the first time, I just stumbled upon it.

Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    I understood, and I thoroughly dislike them. But I made that clear already, so onto something more relevant then: the UI is terrible and immersion-breaking. Excavation in particular looks like digging through pixelated dog turd over and over. It is visually unappealing, like it belongs in mobile games or cheap clue-finder games. Not sure if you can chuck a realism filter over it this late in the development, but currently it's an embarrassment to ESO.
    aax1jt7mksff.png
    Let's compare it to Lockpicking - which is arguably the closest thing we have to a minigame on live. Lockpicking doesn't bring up a whole new screen with mobile game graphics. The lock itself is stylised, but still pretty close to the aesthetic of the game. There is still a sense of your character interacting with an item in the world.
    fbfc4c6e883e25aa22f2df76c88d5ca741f78efc.jpg
    If you want to integrate braindead minigames into your MMO, do it immersively. Like WoW. All of the game pieces below are ingame models that fit in with the art style of the rest of the game. And they all retain that sense of immersion and your character interacting with the world.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Meanwhile opening Scyring and Excavation feels like I got an aggressive mobile game popup that covered my screen.

What did you think of the rewards themselves?
    Locking important rewards behind these is the only reason most people will do them, and therefore, most people will hate the system. The Mythic items are fun and powerful gameplay changers. The furnishings are cool. The cosmetics and mounts are nice. Playing repetitive minigames is not nice.

When you introduced housing, you didn't lock anything behind it. When you introduced TG&DB sneak and murder missions, you didn't lock anything behind it. People can play those gameplay styles if they enjoy them. But with Antiquities you purposefully locked as many things behind the system as possible to make sure almost all players will be pressured into it. So you turned ESO into a mobile game grind. Honestly a terrible combination of braindead gameplay and exclusive rewards - if the gameplay system is fun, people would do it because they want to (like housing).

Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?
    The dig site locations aren't the issue. But the whole cycle is incredibly convoluted and grindy. First we need to grind up leads to get started, then we need to Scry to find the general location, then we need to travel to the place and find the digsites, and then excavate. And some items have several parts. And if we want more than 1 furnishing, we need to do the same thing again. The whole painful process if designed to waste time. Did you playtest this? Did this seem like a 'fun set of hoops I have to jump through, this will make for great gameplay'?

Do you have any other general feedback?
    So instead of a new class (like Warden or Necro), new guild skill line (Psijic Order) or new crafting profession (Jewelcrafting), we get new minigame grinds and two skill lines to improve those minigames. Already pretty bad, but with so many passives, the Antiquities system will be the least exciting skill line while at the same time being the most annoying because nobody asked for it in the first place. People will loathe grinding Skyshards just so they can unlock minigame upgrades if they want to get OP Mythic items.
    In conclusion: The Antiquities minigames should have been 100% separate, a standalone gameplay type that has no (or very little) interaction with the rest of the game (like housing, or heists, or sneaky murder games). It would have been a fun pastime that people could do for fun. But locking a ton of items - including powerful Mythic items - behind it poisons the whole thing by forcing people do to this grind. Why didn't you lock PvE sets and mounts behind housing? Because it would be insane and most players would hate having to do it. But here we are, with Antiquities. At best, it will be a hated grind for many; at worst it will be the moment a lot of people will consider ESO turning into a mobile game april's fools joke.

Solving riddles with Abnur Tharn to uncover ancient clues? Fun and immersive. Mobile games? Not so much.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    I find when you use the eye tool it is not very clear as to what way it is pointing, my suggestion is to make that much clearer.

Honestly I think that's kind of the point. The glowing orb appears next to your character in the general direction that you need to go, but it's not a laser pointer. Finding the dig sight would be way too easy if it were, which kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Honestly I think that's kind of the point. The glowing orb appears next to your character in the general direction that you need to go, but it's not a laser pointer. Finding the dig sight would be way too easy if it were, which kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise.

It is not an orb, it is an arrow. Sometimes it is hard to understand the general direction of this arrow. For example, it is clear that it points to NW or SE, but where?
    one mer to find them,
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not an orb, it is an arrow. Sometimes it is hard to understand the general direction of this arrow. For example, it is clear that it points to NW or SE, but where?

It seems to position itself between the character and the objective. That would be the general direction to travel.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used a template Character

As many others have stated, the turorial was not intuitive at all. Found out about the tab to scry in a video online. The tutorial also didn't mention that you can put the eye into your quickslotbar.
    The first dig that Gabrielle gives you in the courtyard did not trigger for me. I had to relog to see it.

I discovered a few leads while playing

The scrying minigame was more or less well explained. Excavating took me a little to figure out.

The rewards were mediocre so far but I like that historian aspect of the system. I am a little worried about the mythic items though. Some seem too powerful.

Finding the digsites later on proved to be a bit difficult. I had to relog several times for the eye to register that I am at the digsite that was shown on the map. Before it always said I wasn't at a digsite.
    The next thing is that floaty blue/greenish "arrow" that tells you the direction you need to go. This "arrow" should be more obvious. These small particles showing you the direction are just too small and don't really show the direction very good.
    I found the mounds in a reasonable timeframe but as others have stated, the cooldown on the eye is way too long!

My general feddback:

So far the system seems ok. It reminds me a lot of the Archaeology system from World of Warcraft though. So it is not very innovative.
    I hope you get the mythic items right otherwise that could really screw up game balance!
    What I truly don't understand is why Gabrielle is involved? Ingame I never took her for an elite scholar. Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character but you had better options.
    I mean you already had the perfect setup with the Cyrodilic Collections Organization from the Murkmire DLC. I haven't seen a single member of them so far. That is wasted potential. I hope they will get to play a part at some point involving the new antiquities system, even if it's just a few members!
    That aside, if you overhaul the tutorial and work on the eye registering digsites as it should, I will probably have some fun hunting down some artifacts.

Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

It seems to position itself between the character and the objective. That would be the general direction to travel.

Look at the little particles coming off the orb. One end is fuzzy, one end is an arrow, pointing directly at the digsite. I wonder if this isn't clear on lower-resolutions?

My method: I stand at the center of the scry area and then using the eye. It has always pointed me directly to the site.

Yesterday's update seems to have added humming noises to the digsites? Or did I get that after leveling? Either way, it's helpful.
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

Look at the little particles coming off the orb. One end is fuzzy, one end is an arrow, pointing directly at the digsite. I wonder if this isn't clear on lower-resolutions?

My method: I stand at the center of the scry area and then using the eye. It has always pointed me directly to the site.

Yesterday's update seems to have added humming noises to the digsites? Or did I get that after leveling? Either way, it's helpful.
    I am using it at the center too (if I don't see Dig Site before using the Eye).

I think that arrow visibility differs depending on light and weather (I would not call 3440x1440 too low.)
    one mer to find them,
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

It is clear on mine, but it also presents itself in the direction of the dig site. From what I see, even you you totally ignore the "arrow", just moving in the direction of the glowy floating ball will take you in the right direction.
    Options
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    • Did you use a copied character or template?
    I used template characters.
    • What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    I did find them, but I read all the bug reports and feedback on it being terrible here and did not play them.
    • Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
    I did about 6h of murdering and thieving, killed a worldboss, killed some trash mobs, opened a few chests and checked a few NPC's. I didn't get any leads.
    • Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    I did understand how they worked pretty easily by trying them out. I clicked all popups away when they came and just figured out what everything does in a few minutes, most stuff seems pretty self explanatory.
    I think that both are nice little additions, although both seem way to easy with the skills you can get. Excavation had a few quircks I did not like. When searching for the treasure the colored fields are a little disruptive when you finally start digging. I can also imagine the color-queue being useless for colorblind people so they should probably get another one as an option, as the 'waves' that emit from the parts you clicked can be easily missed.
    • What did you think of the rewards themselves?
    Mythic Items
    A fine addition. They all have rather unique and interesting effects and looks. Maybe they could also give you their style to be applied to your outfits. That way in case people don't intend to use them or don't have a matching character they would still get something out of them. I can understand keeping these styles unique though.

Ancestral Motifs
    The idea to give us remastered versions of the basic race motifs is awesome in my opinion. I am really looking forward to getting ones for the other races as well. They look nice but still keep the old theme, however the Nord and Orc one possess undyeable parts yet again, which are probably the most universaly hated thing among players who enjoy dressing up their characters.

Furniture
    The furniture items are simply amazing. They all seem to have high quality and are designed beautifully. I am looking forward to many of them for my own houses.
    The only thing that troubles me is the line in the newest patch notes claiming them not being account bound to be a bug. I don't think binding them is a good idea at all. It basically makes them vendor trash (well, more like destruction trash as most can't be sold to NPC's) for anyone not using them or anyone who already got enough of them. It removes the ability to use them as gifts and I guess it is also something that would interest the playerbase enjoying trade (although I myself rarely sell anything). It also makes RNG worse as you can get stuff you are searching for over and over again without any benefit from it and it makes getting a nice amount of some of them tedious and unfun. You might only need one or two statues, but if you are furnishing a large home you can easily be in need of 30 or more items in categories like light sources. Being able to buy them from others would save quite some time you could invest in actually decorating your home instead.

Siege Weapons
    I didn't get my hands on any of the new siege weapons, and don't think I would have really tried them, can't say much here.

Cosmetics
    Companion's Coronet - looks a bit weird to me, but it is nice for what it is
    Ysgramor's Chosen Body Marking - rather unique defenitely a nice addition for people craving its 'tribal' theme
    Ysgramor's Chosen Face Marking - rather subtle compared to many other Face Markings, I like it
    Dwemer Crown - Probably the best one, looks good and complements the Dwemer markings well
    Dwemer Body Marking - decent, defenitely meets expectations you have when reading its name
    Dwemer Face Marking - looks nice, could maybe use an upper part as well although that would probably not be as nice when paired with the crown

Additional Rewards
    The additional rewards seem to be junk most of them time and not really worth to even try to find, unless you get very lucky.

Sellable Treasures
    The antiquities you can only sell to vendors also feel really bad to me. They feel to be worth getting exactly once, for their lore, and never again, unless you can farm the 5k and maybe 1k ones fast, then it might be a nice alternative for making money.
    These also leave a bad taste in my mouth most of the times when I sell them because
    1) They are antiquities and giving them to a scholar seems to be way more apropriate, currently we are basically graverobbers and thieves abusing items of potential cultural or scientific benefit for ourselves without caring at all, which is not fitting the theme of an antiquarian at all.
    and
    2) Most of them sound like they would actually make nice additions to my collection of adornments or furnishings, and I would pay way more for them than those NPC's (or of course not even sell them in the first place) if they were. And they basically just make me sad once I get them because I automatically think, 'hey that would be a cool thing to have' almost all the time.
    • Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?
    Absolutely. I actually think it is too easy to find them right now as all you do is run there, stand still, activate the eye, run into the direction it goes to in a straight line and find what you were searching for.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    The UI of excavating feels like I'm not in ESO anymore, I would love to see my character interact with the digging site even if it is in the background or only on the sides of the screen, like it is with treasure chests or scrying.

All in all I'm enjoying the new system, although it has quite some room for improvement left, I particlarly like that it is something not focused on combat for the most part, we could use more of this, keep it going ZOS :)
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really going to debate whether it's an orb or an arrow? It could be a floating cat face for all it matters.

If you use the trinket and the thing appears behind you, turn around and go that way. It's as simple as that.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are we really going to debate whether it's an orb or an arrow? It could be a floating cat face for all it matters.

If you use the trinket and the thing appears behind you, turn around and go that way. It's as simple as that.

It only matters in relation to the devs' intention for how to indicate the direction. If they intended for it to be an arrow pointing to the dirt pile, then it's a crappy arrow and they might want to consider improving the shape. If they intended for it to just be a thing that you move toward to go in the right direction, then being an amorphous blob is fine.

The bigger problem is that it's not immediately clear how it's supposed to help you until you realize that it's a directional indicator. In that sense, having it be a more obvious arrow might be more helpful.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    My Character from Live, so i guess copied. my chars were just sitting there for me to use.

What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests?

I found a flyer in an alley way. I felt "this is odd, but okay. a place for excivators just posting paper in an alley way on the side of a building down the street from the Antiquities building"

Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
    I have found 4 or five so far? with 0 codex entries for each lead. I was hoping to figure out how to obtain codex entries as well. for the snow treads I have 0/15. I now see more information under each contacts name and which contact pertains to the 5 pieces required to presumably craft or obtain the treads.
    • Font of Auri-EL
    • Seat of the snow Prince
    • Companion's Coronet
    • Silvered Nord Drinking Horn

Did you understand how Scrying and Excavation worked? What did you think of them?
    I had no clue how Scrying works until someone in zone chat told me. I found it would have been better if there was a voice over saying "Good, I see you have a journal there with you, so lets add a couple of notes to it. By the way, the scryable subsection at the top is what are you able to look for. "

cool.
    Were you able to find the individual locations within dig sites within a reasonable timeframe?
    I Have completed 5 Nord Scrimshaw Pendants thus fa, so I suppose so.

just that standing in the basement of the antiquities house, it is not clear where I should of gone, as the quest marker on the map while standing within the house surrounded the house, but upon exiting the building, the quest marker region on the map disappeared. also it was not clear to go into the journal, select Antiquities, select scryable. I was trying to use the tools that I had assigned to the quick slot bar. as I instinctively felt, that was what it was for. "okay, i've got a new quick slot item, so lets assign it and use it... it does nothing..." *1 day later.. someone in zone "check your journal under scryable"

at the general area or dig site, i find the scrying orb that reveals the glowing ball of energy, i thought the lines emminating from the orb were a trail instead of the direction to go in... when something is moving fast in comics, it generally leaves lines behind it, not lines in front of it showing you where to go.

[edit]
    I find it relaxing and more enjoyable than archaeology than in world of Warcraft. I'm not sure who to contact to continue with codex entries. I saw Gabreille listed there, and one of the markers said stone falls, so i went to try and find her in the mages guild. no luck. so i tried looking at the tool tip icons for npcs at the locations of Davons watch and Ebon heart, but no luck.
    Edited by emeraldshado on April 28, 2020 11:20PM
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure who to contact to continue with codex entries. I saw Gabreille listed there, and one of the markers said stone falls, so i went to try and find her in the mages guild. no luck. so i tried looking at the tool tip icons for npcs at the locations of Davons watch and Ebon heart, but no luck.
    To get more codex entries you should excavate an item more times (one time per entry, as far as I understand).
    one mer to find them,
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This concern was raised in another thread, but the title of that one doesn't really express this particular concern.

Since Antiquities is being added with Greymoor, then all non-zone specific items (ie. Fragmented items) should be accesible to anyone who has bought the base game and Greymoor. Currently this is not the case.

I am quite confused over the "Status" of various chapters and DLC with the Greymoor Launch.

As I understand it Morrowind is now part of the base game and Summerset is DLC, but will Summerset become part of the base game with Greymoor launch?

Items of concern are:

Ring of the Wild Hunt: one Fragment in Murkmire
    Malacath's Band of Brutality: one Fragment in Wrothgar

For both of those items those Fragments should be relocated to Base Game (whatever is included at time of Greymoor launch) + Greymoor zones. This would be fair. It doesn't seem fair to have someone collect 4/5 fragments only to discover that the fifth is behind the so-called 'paywall'.

If Summerset doesn't become accessible to everyone then:

Aldmeri Symphonium (music box) and Thrassian Stranglers fall into the same category. You could move all pieces of the music box to Summerset locations and that would still be fair, but Thrassian Stranglers should have the 2 pieces located in Summerset Chapter areas moved to Base Game+Greymoor locations.

I did notice the Mount is completely obtainable from Base Game+Greymoor already so that is awesome!

I also love that the DLC zones have their own relics, but having fragments of multi-fragment relics located in zones you need to buy or be subbed for does seem unfair.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying it a bit more, one thing I would like to add is this:

Fissures are not that easy to see, if the smoke from them could be made a different colour (give us options in the settings menus for this!) it would be better.

This system is supposed to be accessible to all, but so far we have a couple of issues with the colour coded excavation squares being an issue for people with red-green colour blindness, and the little wispy fissure smoke being difficult to see for those of us who have trouble with that level of detail or are sitting at a distance from the screen.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Template.

What did you think of the introduction and tutorial quests? Were you able to find them?
    *There is no map marker for "The Antiquarian Circle" in Solitude map.
    So I had to quite literally check every place in Solitude until I found it.

Did you discover any Antiquity Leads while playing?
    No.
    I used leads from template character.

Yes.
    Well, it is nice to interact with this system, but it requires some tweaking so it will be less time consuming.
    Also, a new player will not understand how to use the system unless checking the tutorials section which in itself is a bit lacking.
    For example, the fact that all green lights should to be excavated in order to find the antiquity.

They are good enough.
    I found Al-Esh Ascension Coin which is worth 100,000 gold B)

Kind of.
    As previously mentioned, it is nice to interact with this system, but it requires some tweaking so it will be less time consuming.

Please add a comma to the price of the antiquity, like this 100,000, instead of 100000.
    Please improve the toturials so it will be easier to learn.
    I learned quite a lot by just testing it without looking on the tutorials section at all, but better tutorials and explanations will make the experience of players who are new to Antiquities much better.
    If I have not read the forums I wouldn't have known that I need to open my journal for the "Antiquities" Journal tab.
    The general processes of Antiquities should be explained in much more detail.
    I get it that you want players to learn by themselves, but to the average player it will be very confusing.

*You did a nice job with the Antiquities.
    It is a nice experience despite its current issues :)
    Edited by Universe on May 1, 2020 2:15PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Antiquarian's eye doesn't work on MAC/osx... it doesn't mark anything on the digging place and the mud doesn't show up. The eye doesn't show the light at all (I tried all the locations) And the tutorial was confused as hell, I had to go to look youtube tutorials to see how it works.

Please, you should check the Mac/osx version, because it's just doesn't work.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Why will our leads disappear after 30 days? There has to be a reason for this and I can't really make sense of it. I don't want to re-find leads when I want that same item again. I won't remember where they are. Also, the completionist inside me is actually dying at the thought of leads disappearing from my journal.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Question: Why will our leads disappear after 30 days? There has to be a reason for this and I can't really make sense of it.

Because you waited so long that Indiana Jones had to go collect the artifact first before the Nazis could get to it, so your lead is no good anymore.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Why will our leads disappear after 30 days? There has to be a reason for this and I can't really make sense of it.

The reason must be for some gameplay reason to keep the player from piling them up like cord wood. Keep them moving, so to speak. I don't like it.

On the other hand, maybe all the artifacts are being carried off by mudcrabs.
    Options
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we can in the future obtain a lead for the Cyrodiil map and the few other ones missing ;)
    Options
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭

The reason must be for some gameplay reason to keep the player from piling them up like cord wood. Keep them moving, so to speak. I don't like it.

On the other hand, maybe all the artifacts are being carried off by mudcrabs.

probably mudcrabs.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome addition to the game,and a big help for gear-grinders.

Has anyone got a screenshot of an easier to see treasure chest?

GX3Sref.png
    Options