Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO's Performance Improvements Plan"

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harmisol wrote: »
    Quicker Loading times was nice the 1st week when the big download was completed, now it seems its even worse than before

Loading screens both getting into and traveling within game are longer.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Huntsman316
    Huntsman316
    ✭✭
    Almost the entire pvp community on twitch have moved onto playing other games right now. Whenever you tune into any channel that is playing eso, it's an 80% chance they are talking about the poor performance and abilities not firing.

This was all brought on by the Harrowstorm patch. I am seriously starting to think that you need to remove the Harrowstorm patch entirely and return to Dragonhold just to get a functioning game. The new dungeons are great from what I hear - but having to sacrifice actual abilities firing or not is not worth it.

Every department should halt what they're doing and work on testing fixes for this issue. Because Greymoor will launch with a flop if this persists. The narrative will be: Skyrim in ESO is beautiful, but the game is not working correctly at a base level and many of the players are barely playing. It will bel an underwhelming launch.

Let's hope you guys can fix this soon.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 update v2.02 today brought back the extremely long “copying” after the download that the last update had removed, not sure if that was intentional. The copying stage took 30 minutes.

This update does not seem to have improved combat in Cyrodiil from what I can tell. Skills were still not firing and bar swaps were failing. Ultimates won’t fire unless I spam the buttons five or six times, if I’m still alive by then.

Also, in PvE areas like major cities the fans on my Pro were running at warp speed. I thought the console would become airborne. This can’t be good.

EDIT: Also, the return of low, stuttering frame rates after fast travel and extremely long loading screens as the norm now
    Edited by katanagirl1 on April 3, 2020 5:04AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    After mass crashes on Pc EU yesterday we raided with the 8 remaining ppl and it was such a *** smooth game play. Nothing bugged, skills fired instantly. If u keep on *** up more then before and ppl leave, it will be the best performance plan u could get

Or, instead of that, maybe it would be a good idea to have a free to play event adding thousands more players during these weeks of already terrible performance. I legitimately thought that announcement was an April fools joke given the state of game performance, but nope, it is real.

It’s now been one month since the desync and skill lag/failing started. How’s the investigation going?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention, that last update before Harrowstorm on PS4 improved PvP so there were virtually no disconnects. This latest one has brought them back. Three within a two hour window for me today, and the first was the very instant I exited the queue and my character stepped into Cyrodiil.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS is tanking in trials after prolonged periods of time and the instances are deteriorating to the point of them not being playable. All of this started after the harrowstorm patch and it seems like every patch it has been getting worse. Also cyrodiil is still unplayable five years later almost 24/7 due to lag.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on April 5, 2020 11:27AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, you guys (ZOS) reduced textures and draw distances dramatically for us on console. I don’t think it has helped performance because the culprit is elsewhere. The draw distances look like a game equivalent distance of about five feet now.

Can you increase those in the future once the real culprit has been found? I’m tired of running into NPCs and enemies that haven’t loaded in yet and I can’t see.

The game used to look and run so much better than it does now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty bad when PUBG runs better than ESO.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    So, Zenimax continues to say they're really improving gameplay, in spite of all the players saying the graphics are dumbed down, skills don't work, and the game has gone to h***.
    There's some kind of awful disconnect here, eh?
  • Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

I have some improvement suggestions on the inventory/bank/crafting items management:

1. Add 'sort by' feature on all windows, inventory/bank/crafting.

2. In the bank/crafting/deconstruction windows some weapons and apparel are not separated by one/two hands, light/medium like the inventory. Please add sorting feature.

3. Some account bound items won't stack together even if they are exactly the same and they take precious inventory/bank slots. please can you fix this.

Thanks!
  • Kai06
    Kai06
    Soul Shriven
    instead of playin i have to re install game at 1 gb per hour
    as 50gb patch was so bad

please fix patcher

enjoy 6th anversey as i wont
  • Noxeee
    Noxeee
    ✭✭
    My biggest issue is the fluctuation in combat performance (PvE). Even when I am parsing on a dummy, in a secluded plot of land far away from any other player.

It is not a connection issue on my end. My ping remains mostly consistent day to day. I have a high end machine, so frame rates are not an issue. But the game will perform completely differently at different times of the day or on different days. Aspects affecting me the most are unresponsive skills or skills not firing at all (eg magcro boneyard, but it is not limited to that skill). It's annoying, especially when I am trying to improve my parse on a 21 mill trial dummy.

Load times are inconsistent.

Guild merchants sometimes take forever to provide results. Sometimes I have to refresh multiple times.

Addons are not the cause.

I like the game. I really really like the game. The action combat is awesome. The community in-game is generally great. But this is the only mainstream, large scale MMO afflicted with such severe performance problems. It is frustrating.

Why do we encounter these issues? Please be transparent. Tell us what deficiencies in the infrastructure are causing these issues, and what steps are going to be taken to address these issues. A generic "improvement" plan is not good enough.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are we going to actually see the performance improve that's what I want to know I couldn't pvp today at 11am.. Not primetime 11 am 2 bar EP 1 bar the other two factions, and the server was having a freaking stroke.... You have had 2 patches into this "road map" and we are worse off than when u began. How you can sit back and say nothing when the game is this bad boggles my mind.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.

How can you expect people to not get upset when they pay for a service that hasn't functioned properly in months?
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    ​Greetings,

How can you expect people to not get upset when they pay for a service that hasn't functioned properly in months?

Make that years, sincerely, a Mac player.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Telmatoscopus
    Telmatoscopus
    Soul Shriven
    Good afternoon, who makes us happy, I am a Brazilian player and I would like to request some improvements that are relevant to my style of play. I am the type of player without big ambitions, but I like to interact with the game. Over the course of the game I noticed some things that could be changed, for a player like me they would be simple things. I don't know if they would be of great difficulty for Zenimax. I am going to list some things I would like very much.

We know that there are many mounts and clothing styles in the game. The clothing styles we can change I use a lot. Zenimax could sell for Crown or qualify for ESOPlus. Change the mount's handbag style. Create armor style for the mounts and be able to change these styles just like the character. I believe that many players will like it.
    WeaponWield. I am left-handed and I would like that if I put my two-handed weapon in the left hand it really uses my skills in the left hand or when using a shieldit stays in the right hand and the sword in the left hand. This for all weapon skills. Of course, it would interfere with the weapon's position when it was on the player's back.

Another change that I believe is more difficult because it would change the programming structure of the game in large part is to put the weapon sets with 4 piecesinstead of 5 pieces. I will give an example of what it is like and what itwould be like.Let's say Iwant to do a DPS: I would use the monster set initially, it could be anyone.

Mother’sSorrow:
    2 items:Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical
    4 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical
    5 items:Adds 1924 Spell Critical

E
    Law ofJulianos:
    2 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical
    3 items:Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical
    5 items:Adds 300 Spell Damage 

With the 4 pieces I am proposing it would look like this:

Mother’sSorrow:
    2 items:Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical e Adds 833 Spell Critical
    4 items:Adds 1924 Spell Critical
    E
    Law ofJulianos:
    2 items:Adds 833 Spell Critical
    3 items:Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka e Adds 833 Spell Critical
    4 items:Adds 300 Spell Damage
    E
    Torug'sPact:
    2 items:Adds 129 Spell Damage
    3 items:Adds 1206 Maximum Health e Adds 1487 Armor
    4 items:Decreases weapon enchantment cooldown and increases non Oblivion Damageenchantment potency by 30%.

Players could use up to 3 different Set’s or use Monster Set + Weapon Set’s + 2 Set atthe player’s choice. With the arrival of the 1-piece Set’s. ESO would greatly increase BUILD’s variables. Zenimax could increase the damage and health of Boss and Trials. My opinion is of a player who likes everything at ESO. We could use many sets that end up being unnecessary or with functions that we don't use. Please DO NOT change the armor passives that require 5 pieces. Merchant guild would have more options for selling products.

Anotherrequest that may seem strange is for players' guild. I play in a guild called "One Strong". Per game rules a player cannot own more than one guild. In this case our guild has already turned into 2 because of the number of players it has and is called Two Strong. I would like players from different guilds to chat with each other. An example would be a form of Alliance between the guilds. So players could interact with players from another guild. If the two had an alliance formed. Players would chat in an alliance guild chat. Of course, the Guild Bank would not mix and the leaders could not exclude players from other guilds. Only to chat in the same chat. This makes it easier tointeract with people from another guild.

Likewise, another thing I would like to see in PVP was a system of Leader and Sub leader when you have a group formed. The team could split into 2 to attack a castle while another team would attack another castle. The crown on top of the leader makes it much easier. In the visualization of the leaders. It can facilitate the creation of strategies.

When you are attacking a castle. And you have a group of 12 players. Everyone must go toa farm or mine or a lumbermill to earn the repossession bonus. If possible when you are in the same group. Let us say I decide to attack Alessia. I have 3 groups for a total of 12 players. I decided to attack Alessia's door. So, at the same time because I am attacking the door, I decided to highlight 4 playersto attack the lumbermill, 4 players to attack the mine and 4 players to attack the farm. 4 players left to start attacking the castle door. When the players inthe group dominate the mine, the farm, and the lumbermill. Everyone should earn the same bonus and dominate these locations, as it is a coordinated and organized attack. This idea would be interesting, as it creates more forms of strategies to dominate new places. You do not need to earn AP if you are no longer close to gain the bonus for dominating the location. Of course, you need to be in the same group. Making players unite even more in Cyrodiil.

And finally, I would like a guild that I can really play as a Battle Magician using sword in one hand and casting skill in the other. Like Skyrim. I know that this request is a little more complicated.

If possible, take my questions to the discussion. If not, it would be a way to bring TESO closer to the players. 

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Att,
    @Telmatoscopus
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    The game has been UNPLAYABLE since the last patch, with minimal updates from the team about fixes. Almost every trial instance has adds doing 360s, skills won't fire, and the game just flat out refuses to work. This issue has carried over from the Harrowstorm patch onto the Greymoor PTS, with no fix in sight.

The fact that there hasn't been any clear communication from the devs about this problem is what is very worrisome for most people. The truth is, the game is completely UNPLAYABLE with the "desync" that seems to be going on. Last night we reset our vSunspire instance 12 times and only got one "okay" instance where adds weren't doing 360s and blastbones would fire...

There are people quitting in droves, and many people on my trial progression groups have refunded or don't plan on buying Greymoor because of this performance. People were even joking last night that they'd rather have to raid with only 10-20 fps again then have to deal with these bad instances.

These instances seem to get no better on the PTS. In fact, the performance seemed even worse which is very disheartening. I know that you have stated you are working on it, but to what extent? We as players, are very frustrated about the games state of performance. Getting this issue fixed should be the NUMBER 1 PRIORITY.

What I ask, and think we deserve, is for communication at the very least. Give us a weekly update on the status of the issue, something to let us know that you are putting every resource available to get this issue corrected. The game would be in such a great state if just this one bug could get fixed.

PLEASE SAVE US ZOS
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your attempts at "improving" performance don't improve anything at best or just outright make it even worse. I was already playing Cyro only half an hour a month to get tier 1 reward, cause it's a mess. I don't do trials, so for the most part the performance was far from perfect, but at least it was playable. Now I have an infinite loading screen every second or third zone/instance load.
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    Dump all art assets in pvp, make it where we can only wear alliance outfit and horse, after all who cares about costumes or what you look like in pvp. Just the coroner right?
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think breaking down the code of the game is the wrong way to go about it (though I do suggest tweaking it.) Especially if the aim is to get the code into a skeletal design. I'd prefer working code over fast functioning garbo that has people characters trippin all sorts of ways. I haven't read in too deeply to see what caused this glitch but I've seen Cyrodiil videos of it three times. Some claim that the game is in a 'different' state this patch because there ought to be no DCs just bad performance. Yet I still read stories of people getting DC'd and locked out the game.
    I propose a solution, a real solution, not problematic strip coding, but something proven.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No April update so far? And for those of you thinking that Greymoor solved anything, I’m sorry to say my testing on the PTS hasn’t shown any improvement. Many times when engaged in combat I would just die to the mobs because my skills would refuse to fire. If they don’t get this fixed before it’s released, it’s going to be bad.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    No April update so far? And for those of you thinking that Greymoor solved anything, I’m sorry to say my testing on the PTS hasn’t shown any improvement. Many times when engaged in combat I would just die to the mobs because my skills would refuse to fire. If they don’t get this fixed before it’s released, it’s going to be bad.

I expect one this week, sometime.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we've updated the article for April: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

h9vek3oboe3w.jpg
    Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on April 29, 2020 6:21PM
    Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we've updated the article for April: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

h9vek3oboe3w.jpg

Performance plan 😂😂😂
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. Thank you!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

h9vek3oboe3w.jpg

Keep up the good work at promising stuff!
    Don't forget to disappoint in delivering.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

h9vek3oboe3w.jpg

aw man, you had to go and jinx it... now the pc na megaserver is grinding to a halt!

but thank you for the updates, they are appreciated. hope the U26 fixes work as well as it sounds like they might.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    As a pvp player in Cyrodiil these updates are now a joke until they directly address the Cyrodiil performance issues that are getting progressively worse and are seemingly as a result of the performance improvement 'fixes' from January and February.
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what when the expansion comes there will be a whole new lot of bugs that will not get fixed and maybe by the end of the year after a few typo and quest fixes they might look at the lag the dysyncs and all other major bugs that we all seem to be imagining as the servers have held up really well during recent heavy load. well not on eu and im sure on na too so dont hold your breath as update means major new bugs all on top of the old bugs