Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Combat Test - Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Light and Heavy attack changes currently on the PTS. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, please answer the following questions and let us know what you think.

While we prefer you utilize /feedback in-game and will be prioritizing those reports, you’re welcome to also post in this thread if you’d prefer. Please keep all other discussion surrounding these changes to this other thread; we want to focus this thread on the questions being asked. Thank you!
  1. What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
    • If PvE, what role did you test with, and what role do you mainly use on Live?
  2. Approximately how long did you test these changes?
  3. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?
  4. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?
  5. When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?
  6. How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?
  7. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on March 23, 2020 3:03PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay. I’m really bad with math. But if I read right, the light attack now does %78 less damage.

If my average light attack was doing like 4K damage per say; will it now do around 900 or so?

And the extra resource return for doing consecutive light attacks. That’s like 3 light attacks, no skill and I get an extra 1k resources back?

It seems like would be almost not worth light attacking? IDK? I’ll hop on later and let you know.

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    First, There should be a gap between casual players and veteran players, and while it may be too great of a gap right now, bringing the ceiling down instead of adding a step doesn’t make any sense. Buffing Heavy attacks so there’s a middle ground would be fine, but nuking light attacks into the ground and forcing veteran players to slow down combat so casual players don’t feel as bad is too far.

Second, if there isn’t going to be a PTS for console, then the forum response needs to be weighed as well. I’ve spent a year working on my LA weaving and DPS, all to find out that it could be for nothing so the game is more accessible to casual players. You are already adding treasure hunting and a vampire rework so they can RP, producing less and less End game content (I won’t be surprised if there’s no arena or mini trial in Q4 again) and now are considering nuking LA weaving.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much like the idea of the patch and hope his becomes life. Right now the LA weaving mechanic is so much meta that everything else is considers trash. this opens up more tactical options than just button mashing.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I pretty much like the idea of the patch and hope his becomes life. Right now the LA weaving mechanic is so much meta that everything else is considers trash. this opens up more tactical options than just button mashing.

And the changes on PTS change nothing about that. It's just that on live LA weaving gives you damage directly. With PTS setup it will still give you huge advantage through increased sustain. And players who can weave will have no problems leveraging additional 400 stam/mag recovery into damage.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you change something that works ? You know what they say : "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....

I dislike the changes.
    - Heavy attack are not returning recurses now ? Well, this change will kill them.
    - Molag Kena:
    This set now grants Conductor, which reduces the cost of your abilities by 20% while active, but also reduces your Weapon and Spell Damage by 511 rather than granting Overkill, which increased the cost of your abilities by 8% and increased your Weapon and Spell Damage by 516. The proc condition still remains using two Light Attacks in a row, which are now used to generate resources, so the identity of the set has flipped to accommodate that play style.

Whyyyy ?! It was working.... Some people were using it... No one will use it if you push this changes through... Minus 500 spell & weapon damage ? WTF...

- Blood Moon:
    This set now increases damage of your Light Attacks by 5738, rather than 55%.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds, up from 5.
    Increased the cooldown to 20 seconds, up from 15.
    While active, this set reduces the amount of resources restored from your Light Attacks by 50%.

Wait, what ? ? You are telling me that out of the blue you are just giving 5,7K free dmg on every light attack ? Remember Viper set ? And how it was causing issues, as it basically gave 6K dmg on melee attacks ? You changed this because tanks could have easy access to very high dmg output. Now you are making the same mistake with Blood Moon set again. And its "flaw" is partially negated by heavy armour passives... if you are mostly light attacking, you don't need much skill spam anyway.
    My feedback:
    - Leave heavy attacks so those also restore some resources.
    - Do not change Molag Kena set. It is worth using. Maybe balance it out in a different way if you have to, but keep the play - style (you are switching this set from: "light attack / heavy attack + occasional skill use play-style" to: "2 light attacks & skill spam play-style".
    - Do not change Blood Moon (reason is above).

btw. I get a feeling that devs may not have a clear vision of what the game should be. Since the new combat team started their "huge" work, we see ping-pong changes each patch. Blood moon set was changed twice, and this is the 3rd change. Similar case with Molag Kena - 2nd 180° chnage.

If devs had a vision, they would change each thing only once.

Edit:
    We’d like to emphasize the possibility of these changes never actually going into the game – we are simply testing and gathering feedback right now

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - This would be best solution. Current system of light / medium / heavy attack environment works. No need to change it.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 23, 2020 4:58PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

Please keep on topic and follow the instructions that are outlined by Gina in the initial post. Feedback is a really important function of our forums but we do ask that all feedback is constructive and respectful. If you would like to discuss what's on the PTS, please do so here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517547

Thank you for your understanding
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 23, 2020 5:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a huge mistake.
    light attack now is an fast instant hit, which do a damage and serve as a basement for weapon enchants, poisons, buffs like syphoning attacks, or Elemental weapon skill.
    It's function is same as Rice function in Sushi.
    To be efficient with light attacks u should be mobile, have good sustain and damage.

Heavy attacks are slow, hard to land at the target in highly mobile or usual for eso with client-server ping issues.
    Their function now is to restore resourses, do some damage at the same time and worse basement for enchants/poisons, syphoning sttacks etc, grim focus, few sets functionality like knight slayer or doylemish.
    In a fight to be effective at using heavy attacks u should be tanky and be focused at how to use and abuse stun, offbalance etc things.. IN this case u sacrifice your damage, mobility and sustain from recovery but u are less vulnerable to lag, oneshots etc, viable...
    Garnish alternative...

So, or u do a more damage and have dynamic combat, or less damage but more resourses.
    Sustained damagedealer or fortress who manage resourses with heavy attacks and have a time to fight vs lag while trying to land it.

I see here stright system, which is working. Need some adjustments (for example, heavy attacks need to be more fast and tactile, especially bow ones), but it's really working. System, logic.
    Just look at the concepts of high offensive pvp player, and highly defensive here. It's working...

Now, new system...

U're squishy, mobile and u do a huge damage...and to do more damage u should do a slow heavy attack which is also doesnt restore resourses?
    But u have no time to do that.
    Even today its hard, because too big damage coming while u trying.
    So everyone will just restore resourses with light attacks.
    Except magesorcs or magplars from behind of the zergs with execute spam at a top.
    Hallo zerglings and lazy players with iq issues.
    Every time when u do something to support zergplay - huge part of community leave eso.

Another side, u're tanky, have less damage and worse mobility and sustain (by the concept - in reality game forces everyone to be a tanky in pvp in after Elsweyr released because of very overtuned damage in general with major vulnerability added and another things with cumulative effect).

And u are tanky to have a time to do more damage with heavy attacks?
    But u have worse sustain that could have with medium or light armor and sets which gives u these things.
    So u need light attacks in such case even more than nowadays.
    When u have bad mobility and damage?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler What are your new concepts of offensive character and defensive one?
    Do u have vision of them at all?
    I feel like u don't create them at all or can't test them, if to take a look at werewolf one for example and it's changes with time...
    What is the logic?
    If it's a try of creating a limits of over-defense or over-offense, it will not work, it's just a ruining of stright system to create mixed less healthy one instead. it's a blind step with same broken limits.

Who's that communist in Zenimax team to push such idea to steal time resourses from performance to this coronavirus way?
    Game is laggy. Let heavy\light sttacks system as it is, but make healvy attack to be more usable. Change freaking numbers. Don't ruin it. Please. Do eso less laggy!
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on March 23, 2020 5:44PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

Please keep on topic and follow the instructions that are outlined by Gina in the initial post. Feedback is a really important function of our forums but we do ask that all feedback is constructive and respectful. If you would like to discuss what's on the PTS, please do so here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517547

Thank you for your understanding

@ZOS_GinaBruno Whole direction is wrong. Huge mistake. Guys, please, take a real look at a function of light attacks and heavy attacks at a combat. These changes will ruin good at it's core system.

Same as ice staff's blocking ruined a stright concept of tank in eso. Do u feel this at least?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on March 23, 2020 5:44PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

And the changes on PTS change nothing about that. It's just that on live LA weaving gives you damage directly. With PTS setup it will still give you huge advantage through increased sustain. And players who can weave will have no problems leveraging additional 400 stam/mag recovery into damage.

and if you never had sustain issues to begin with it makes little difference
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a a very high number of players do not use PTS, or even read the forums. Reversing Heavy and Light attack resource restoring is gonna be a amusing thing to see on Live.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work to delete 90% of the comments that had a critical opinion about these changes ZOS, makes things even more obvious
  • FThisIWantALongerNam
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Nice work to delete 90% of the comments that had a critical opinion about these changes ZOS, makes things even more obvious

While keeping positive feedback comments like this, which also have nothing to do with direct testing (presumably why you mass-nuked a load of comments)

I literally gave feedback saying that the proposed changes ruin the fast-paced playstyle a lot of players enjoy most about this game, and then went on to say you could have your cake and eat it too, by buffing HAs, while leaving LAs as they are. Which WAS valid feedback.

Just wow.
    Edited by FThisIWantALongerNam on March 23, 2020 5:03PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Light and Heavy attack changes currently on the PTS. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, please answer the following questions and let us know what you think.

While we prefer you utilize /feedback in-game and will be prioritizing those reports, you’re welcome to also post in this thread if you’d prefer. Please keep all other discussion surrounding these changes to this other thread; we want to focus this thread on the questions being asked. Thank you!
    1. What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
    3. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?
    4. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?
    5. When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?
    6. How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?
    7. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

1. Trial dummy
    2. Stamden. Play everything on live.
    3. 45 minutes
    4. Yes, LAs restore an insane amount of resources. HAs do more damage I guess, who cares about HAs though.
    5. This feels about 100x worse. On a stam character you literally do more damage with bashes than with LAs. And I hesitate to even say that because inevitably your response will be to nerf bash damage. This is among the dumbest changes you've ever implemented.
    6. Building timed combat mechanics around of balance has always been and will always be fundamentally stupid. I was on a stamden ... so what am I supposed to do during off balance? Should I LA and spam Cutting Dive since that skill is dependent on off balance, or should I try to get HAs in? 200 IQ. Do you understand how much of a PITA is for console players to accurate track off balance?
    7. Sustain is basically infinite while LA weaving. Which would be great if it weren't for the fact that sustain was not an issue on a min-maxed damage spec to begin with.
    8. I play at high APM, because that's how this game is played. And yes, literally the only thing I enjoy about this bugfest is the "fast, action combat" built around LA weaving and fast rotations.

Overall ... this is dumb. Please take a break from screwing with combat and go back to fixing bugs.
  • Zyaedra
    Zyaedra
    ✭✭✭
    PUG vet pledges for a while and you learn even moderately high DPS players are rare -- more often than not, even my tank with 6-10k AOE DPS does 20-50% of the DPS in PUG vet dungeons (non DLC included). The DPS gap is huge and it makes sense that they would try to address it.

Light attacks used to be less damage and give sustain (CP for increased resource restore via heavy attacks used to include light attacks, even). So this isn't some brand new mechanic/idea -- I am surprised to read such game breaking claims from people who say they've played since beta... you guys don't remember this?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to emphasize the possibility of these changes never actually going into the game – we are simply testing and gathering feedback right now

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Let's hope those changes won't go live...
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Transparency out the window deleting post so seems less negative feedback just yo push their already planned agenda
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I hate these changes and how they make combat feel. It took time and effort to learn my rotations and how to weave LAs and to see it all thrown out the window is highly disappointing and this change would make end-game content unbearable.

With that out of the way, I was trying some parses on PTS to see how combat feels and could not for the life of me to get Zaan's to activate. I know my LAs were landing as I could see them in the combat metrics and with my grim focus counter going up but try as I may, Zaans wouldn't do anything. I suspect it might have something to do with how light attacks are no longer called "Light Attacks" as they are on live but rather "Inferno Staff Light Attacks" on PTS.
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff HA damage by all means, or make non-LA focused set ups more feasible some other way. I like variety, especially if it opens content to more people. But I'd also like my play style that I spent quite a long time learning to actually keep working as well.

I really don't mind more people doing better damage (makes groups easier to find), but please don't make it at the cost of those of us who put in a lot of time and effort to get to where we are and who enjoy the current combat. No one likes the feeling of moving backwards, or of having content they could previous handle possibly become too difficult due to lowered dps. (I'm sure those at the absolute dps ceiling or close to it will be able to carry on with any content anyway and will find ways around this, but those in the middle who are just reaching the point of being able to do more difficult content won't have such an easy time...)

In short, if you want things more balanced:
    Please raise the floor instead of lower the ceiling. That way you'd get more players who can do more content, instead of fewer players who can do harder content.
  • ungama
    ungama
    Hello, I am not very convinced of the new idea, as this is relatively strong overwhelming the light builds.
    It's nice that the heavy attacks do more damage and the reg is removed, but that the light attacks do 22% less damage as a result, I don't like it at all.
    HB do good without the buff, you should just build it properly.

I will test it and then give my opinion again.
  • Antirob
    Antirob
    ✭✭✭
    1. PVP, BGs, PVE
    2.DPS
    3. 45 minutes
    4. Yes. Massive resource regen, going to cause people to go completely offensive set wise in smaller scale PVP, or allow people to do heavy armor without any thought of resource management.
    5. Massively worse and ruins the skill cap of the game. While I am not a PvE god, the ability to better my DPS through practice is a draw.
    6. heavy
    7. N/A
    8. medium or high, not entirely sure

These changes are not going to give any added gameplay benefit to individuals with low APM in the way of making their experience better. Having better resources in-game to teach people something that has been a part of eso since launch, weaving, gives players an achievable goal within the game to better themselves as a player. Former players of this game give eso praise for the high skill cap potential of weaving/animation canceling. Do not take this away from the higher end players, and do not rob the rest of the player base from the ability to improve themselves.
    Vehemence
    Antirob - Dragonknight
  • Antirob
    Antirob
    ✭✭✭
    Also from a development point of view, the work behind these changes could potentially be a massive waste. It would have been far more effective to ask representatives from all parts of the game for their thoughts on this. Why spend work hours on these changes when a one-hour meeting would have revealed a very clear response of "no". I get that this is entirely focused on casual players, but they are not going to notice a difference. The only people that are going to notice a difference are those who use weaving to improve their gameplay.

I know yourself and others on the community team used to reach out to players for these kinds of things, why was this not used.
    Vehemence
    Antirob - Dragonknight
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We know reading about these potential changes and ideas is a little overwhelming, but the entire point of having it on the PTS right now is to have you test and give feedback. The point of this thread is for us to gather feedback after you've tried it out - not to have discussions about it. If you'd like to discuss what's on the PTS, please do so here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517547

If discussions, non-constructive feedback or bashing continue in this thread, we're going to close it and only accept feedback in-game through /feedback on the PTS. This is your final warning. Thank you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. i will not test it, it's not a good change for any type of content ideologically. Paradigm is a step into potentially ugly future.
      • answer is above
    2. answer is above
    3. answer is above
    4. new paradigm is to change interior design of nonprofitable brothel, instead of hiring new workers.
    5. offbalance system is unnesessarily complicated. Cooldowns, weird interaction with things. don't u think it's too much for one status effect? How about to simplify it and adjust it to be in a line with another status effects. What is the purpose to test how one mistake interact with another mistake?
    6. answer is above
    7. Not sure what u mean when asking this, but if it's about ping - it is never being stable. For EU players at NA server or at PTS for example. 200+ ping as base one. Or in Cyrodiil for both servers. And as result unstable enouch to get 1,2,3 and more seconds delay at your actions at random moments. These changes will not fix ping. it's a waste of resourses with small improvements potential and predictable frustration for almost every player here.
    Edited by Anethum on March 23, 2020 6:04PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a few Magden parses on the PTS so I could provide informed initial feedback on this change.
    • Without making any changes to my rotation or setup versus what I was doing on live last week, my Magden parse went down 6K (from ~50K to ~44K, on a 6m dummy), entirely due to the light attack changes. Of course, gear and rotation changes could change that gap, but that's the loss I saw if I did nothing.
    • The additional mag regen reported by Combat Metrics was about 100 mag / spec. I don't feel that's a good tradeoff for a 6K dps loss.
    • Fire staff heavy attacks are still not very fun. I don't have a scientific explanation for why, but I don't enjoy them on live and I didn't enjoy them with the changes on the pts. The channel from the lightning staff heavy attack is (and has always been) more enjoyable. If you're going to go through these changes, please make fire staff heavies more fun to use (a Zaan-like channeled beam of flame would be super neat, for example).
    • There are a lot of sets that proc off of light attacks that weren't touched by the patch notes. For example: Zaan, Kjalmar's. Please make sure you adjust these so they have a similar proc/stack chance per second during heavy attacks as well.

Ultimately, I feel my third point will be the make it or break it part of this change. As is, forcing heavy attacks for damage makes combat miserable for heavy attack types that aren't fun to begin with (such as fire and ice staves). I like the feel of the light attack combat we have currently, and being forced to use not fun heavy attacks simply to reach the same DPS would not improve the game for me. If heavy attacks (fire most specifically) were changed to actually be fun to use, I would warm up to this change more. But as is, you're playing with numbers and making the game less enjoyable.
    Edited by Cellentel on March 23, 2020 5:45PM
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We know reading about these potential changes and ideas is a little overwhelming, but the entire point of having it on the PTS right now is to have you test and give feedback. The point of this thread is for us to gather feedback after you've tried it out - not to have discussions about it. If you'd like to discuss what's on the PTS, please do so here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517547

If discussions, non-constructive feedback or bashing continue in this thread, we're going to close it and only accept feedback in-game through /feedback on the PTS. This is your final warning. Thank you.

i think the problem is that you guys have a very long history of ignoring peoples feedback on pts so it causes people to be very frustrated and lash out like this.

If you listened and communicated better i don't think there would be this level of frustration. So, yes, people need to clean up their act but you guys need to do better also. It is a team effort.
    Edited by Caelc on March 23, 2020 6:13PM
  • Krieger
    Krieger
    Soul Shriven
    1. Trial Dummy
    2. 1 hour. Everything on live ~38k archievementpoints.
    3. Yes it was noticable. The experience with LA and HA on the PTS are bad. You dont get rewarded anymore by practacing your rotation. My light attacks overall did ~2.5k dps. HA did about ~10k dps but slowed your rotation so much down that there is no dps increase when using heavy attacks.
    4. It does definatly feel worse. HA-attacks slow down combat way too much that it's not enjoyable. Heavy attacks dont provide any fun.
    5. Off-balance is not needed for sustain in any way.
    6. i had way tooooo much ressources. With LA-rotation i almost always had over 90% ressources. With HA-rotation my ressourcedrian is reduced so my ressources had been over 90% too.
    7. I really enjoy playing in the current state of light/heavy attacks. You descriped the combat as "action oriented, fast-paced". But with these changes you directly go in the opposite direction.
    Overall i think its a bad decition to try to balance the game around unexperienced players like you mentioned in the PTSnotes.
    ~39k Archievementpoints on Mainchar,
    All Trialtripples done(except vSS).
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not like these changes at all. Not one bit. I rarely do light attacks now and now I will be forced to to get resources back?

Are you kidding? And removing resource return from heavy attacks? Really?

Hundreds of thousands of players know how that light attacks and heavy attacks do damage and that heavy attacks also return resources. Many builds rely on these two simple mechanics. Now you want to change this completely?

The pendulum really swings from one end of the spectrum to the other with you at ZOS. You guys need a GLOBAL COOL DOWN yourselves. Stop coming up with drastic changes to the Combat system. Can you not tell by all the feed back over the past four years what your customer base likes and doesn't like?

Good grief.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Caelc wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

i think the problem is that you guys have a very long history of ignoring peoples feedback on pts so it causes people to be very frustrated and lash out like this.

If you listened and communicated better i don't think there would be this level of frustration. So, yes, people need to clean up their act but you guys need to do better to. It is a team effort.

That's fair, and is a big reason why we're having this off-cycle test. We've never done this before, but it's in an effort to get early feedback on something we're thinking about that may or may not even make it into the game. When we're normally on PTS, things are already close to final, but for something like this we have time to make adjustments. That's why we're stressing the importance of feedback here. We've been having internal playtests and feedback as well, so we're trying to collect it from all sources.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Iron Atronach, Magicka Warden
    2. Maybe an hour so far
    3. Light attack resource return was very noticable. Heavy attacks were still so long and clunky the damage increase was negligible.
    4. Worse, heavy attacks had a very specific purpose before that you tried to avoid because they were unfun to use, now you're forced into it.
    5. I absolutely loathe tracking off balance, especially in combat situations where mechanics are involves.
    6. Light attack rotations were solid on sustain, heavy attacks were a little better than LA on live because of the lower number of skills I was able to use.
    7. Medium-High. I really enjoy light weaving my skills and don't particularly care for bash weaving. Having to heavy attack (therefore having less fun) to do less damage than I can do on live is disheartening.
  • Lortie
    Lortie
    ✭✭✭

From a PvP standpoint, there are multiple viable heavy attack builds, just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they aren't strong. One of the best players I've ever seen runs a corrosive heavy attack build and it is scary and giving him a 31% buff will let him run around DW heavy attacking people for 8.5k. I'm just afraid that his build will become the meta and eso combat will devolve into "Hold Mouse1 Simulator". Won't be much of a skill gap then I suppose, but maybe thats what they're going for, i'm not sure.
    Edited by Lortie on March 23, 2020 6:53PM
    Lortie - StamSorc
    Velsei - StamCro
    Sidyl - StamDK
    https://imgur.com/a/5kexQVk - ESO at it's finest.
This discussion has been closed.