The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Combat Test - Feedback Thread

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
    Target Dummy (Various)

Approximately how long did you test these changes?
    Over 6 hours

During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?
    I would recommend to allow 'weaving' light attacks for resources, instead of just chaining three consecutively. If we cast 3 Light Attacks within 5 seconds we could be rewarded with resources. If this is considered, I would recommend to decrease the resource gain by 25%.

Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?

I am 100% for this change. It is not enjoyable to depend on PERFECT animation canceling light attacks; especially when it is responsible for such a large amount of our total damage. I also believe this will help with server stability.

When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?
    Increased Heavy Attack Damage

How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?
    Most builds have adapted to the Live Servers, resources are not an issue if you time everything perfectly. Again, a fight should NOT depend on exact millisecond response times - unless you're moving out of fire.

When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses).
    High (200+) and it would be nice if that went down.

Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm?
    Live servers are what is punishing. The new shift is welcomed and well overdue.

Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

To an extent. But Weapon Swapping, Light Attacking, and Casting an Ability (per second) - while moving and responding to the game is a bit much. I will be happy to see my dps meters not implode if I take my finger off the Light Attack button for a few seconds.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on March 24, 2020 3:31AM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
    Raid Dummy

Hourish

During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?

Yeah, LAs restored resources, HA hit harder. The LA resource return was okay. Opened options for sustain, but forced Stam onto Orc, which blows. HAs don't do enough damage to make them worthwhile. Point blank period.

Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?

I think it comes with pros and cons. I'm not opposed to the LA damage nerf, but overall this is way too heavy-handed. LAs should be dropped by 20-30%, not 78%. As someone with a disability (severe nerve damage in my mouse hand), I now am FORCED to bash weave to be competitive, something I can't feasibly, reliably do. I can LA weave just fine, but bash weaving is incredibly hard for me.

When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?

As a Stamden main I track OB with an addon, and HAs did do more, but still not worth it. The timings regularly do not line up with standard DPS rotations.

How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?

Sustain is sustain. We always figure it out. It's not the pressing issue here.

When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses).

I'd say I am somewhere around high medium for my APM.

Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm?

Not sure I understand the question.

Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

Very much so. ESO is still an incredibly imbalanced game from a PVE perspective, and this change has some good ideas, but it lacks meaningful thought to the damage it leaves behind. Much like the Summerset changes to LA/HA, it's short-sighted and doesn't even achieve the ultimate goals.

If the goal is to open the game up more for low APM players, this is DIRECTLY COUNTER-INTUITIVE to that claimed goal.
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kinnahz on March 24, 2020 5:05AM
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    APM is the deciding factor in every competitive game ever!!!
    To even discuss it as a reason for someone's success is redundant.

Imagine being beaten at Tekken and saying "that isn't fair, you pressed more correct buttons than me"
    That is the level of ridiculousness in these kind of statements.

All this does is widen the gap. I know as many of you do exactly what to change on my current builds to make this work.

Death recap complaints will sky rocket with this change.
    Burst kills players not the fact someone light attacked in between.
    What this change does is encourage us to stack more damage and increase all of our tooltips by 800 - 900.
    Now we can drop 400 recovery, for some you might consider dropping a recovery set for another damage set.

Why not just add additional tutorials on how to play instead of it being a surprise half way through your levelling experience.
    This change will not help new players at all, good players will adapt and bad players will still be left behind.

This has a greater impact of reducing build diversity, as high damage races will be preferable and advisable in most builds.
    Bosmer, Breton, Redguard etc... will be usable in a heavy attack build maybe?! I don't play endgame PVE so I can't comment.
    It also makes recovery sets useless too, so with this dropped players will adopt more defence or more offensive power.

I truly feel this will only upset people including and maybe even more so inexperienced players.

If ZOS truly feels that this is the way, perhaps just buff heavy attacks and reduce light attacks by 20%.
    Leave everything else alone, most inexperienced players will not even know the change has happened.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @idk

I will respond to you here since the thread was closed

I do not need to test this to realize that it is a dps loss, we are already capable of sustaining on fights as it is without the new light attacks, it will be a nice new addition for players who cannot sustain well, but the dps will surely suffer because if you can sustain before with the live damage of light attacks, you will lose damage if the damage is reduced, like do i really need to test this?

You can go on youtube, look at some videos are realize this, also a lot of people already done this, and they said that they lost damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjFogUs51w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0FIKapKaPc

I think my proposition is an excellent "compromise", it's not really a compromise it's just a better idea in my opinion, nobody really loses anything with it, by buffing abilities we help the bad players be just a little bit closer compared to the top players, which is what zos wants, although don;t expect any miracles, bad players will still be way worse, and we retain the fast pased combat that a lot of people like.

At least like this you have an option, you can use a full light attack rotation, for more sustain, or full heavy for more damage, or a mix of both.

But if it goes like this, we will use heavy attacks period, even if we do not like it, and i will not play such game.

Also, now that i think a bit more about it, this may not even close the gap, but actually widen it, how many bad players are just using light attacks instead of abilities? Not that i care to be honest, i just hope that if zos does this, they do it right.
    Edited by JinMori on March 24, 2020 10:03AM
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

by reading this thread, you can clearly see that the reaction to your idea is less than favourable (to put it mildly). If you truly belive in democracy - i.e. hearing your devotees' voices - you ought to drop this idea, and maybe deal with lesser issues that are being addressed, but apparently haven't bee taken into consideration that much...

Now, why the *** did I include this 'democracy'? The answer is here - and my greatest fear for you, ZOS.
    ZOS_GinaBruno: "First, it tends to reward players for pushing buttons as quickly and efficiently as possible. Players with high Actions Per Minute (APM) significantly outperform those with low APM, as they have better up-time of abilities, higher mitigation, much higher DPS, and can simply move around the battlefield better in both PVE and PVP."

Personally (no, this is not just my view), I love the fact that better players are rewarded for their skill, aka. 'pushing buttons as quickly and efficiently as possible' - it rewards the skilled, making those with worse skills practice and hone theirs.

The weaker ones must strive for excellence, and the stronger ones can help with that.
    Damn, I'm beginning to understand why Mephala and Boethiah are considered the 'good' Daedra -FudgeMuppet's take on it

(a side question - when are you planning to introduce those "changes"? Or are you really just musing...)
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Target Dummy

If PvE, what role did you test with, and what role do you mainly use on Live?
    Magplar DPS same as on live

90mins

Notice the LA and HA changes worked, sustain was very good with LAs and far too good to be honest with no sustain sets or food on a high elf. Whilst heavy attacks do more damage on thier own fitting these into a rotation with the same amount of skills before is almost impossible.

Much worse. In order to make this work id need to drop probably 2 maybe 3 skills out of my rotation to keep dot uptimes up and have a chance to use a spammable. I found that keeping the same amount of skils meant I have no time for spammables and was left with just recasting dots which is boring and useless now after the nerfs to them. Also a templar has 2 skills with longer cast times and animations with Sweeps and Jesus Beam, these are a nightmare to weave and you lose dps in trying to do so.

Tried medium weaving but the visual isnt great especially when magplar has a lot of bright light effects, siroria and ele blockade its just difficult to tell without an addon tracking it.

Honeslty hardly droppped below 50% even when heavy attack on front bar and light attack on back bar. Sustain isnt an issue on Live either so this isnt a benefit.

When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?
    high APM. Feel totally penalized and other than maybe a few set ups like Pet Sorc not sure what magika class can thrive in this. Heavy inferno is just clunky and feels like a really long time. The idea of having to drop skills to get most out of heavy attacks just seems wrong but the alternative is to keep light attacking which gives me absurd sustain but i lose 10-14k dps. Either way I lose.
  • DarkPh0enix
    I don't get why you want to take away the skill of the game. It started this patch, people are basically just spamming one ability and light attacks in between for max dps. Now you want to remove light attack damage. As a result, every monkey will have max dps for spamming one button..
    If anyone of you really think this is how a game should work, you are clearly out of mind.
    Stop trying to kick out skilled player out of this game and add some more houses so the rpers and the zos team are happy and stop complaining about the combat system.
    Or as a better motivation for zos as we know them, you will make more profit if you find a way to keep skilled players and roleplay noobs.
    Edited by DarkPh0enix on March 24, 2020 10:38AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Target dummy, some overland NPC´s/Worldbosses and duels with other plays. Role was magick templar as a damage dealer. On live I main magicka DD and healer.

2-3 hours

Light attacks restore resources and heavy attacks deals more damage, that difference is fairly hard to miss. However, the damage nerf light attacks received is by no means justified. 78% damage nerf is extremely excessive. 15-20% is more reasonable compared to live.

It feels like taking a trip into a time machine and travel back to how the game was played 3 years ago where heavy attack rotation was the way to go in PvE. It feels slow and not the fast paced feeling the game gives me at the moment on live.

From a PvP perspective there´re some really ridicilous heavy attack builds that will break balance if these changes goes live. Heavy attack does way too much damage and the disparity in damage between light-, medium- and heavy attacks is way to large.

The overall impression is that it feels way worse compared to live. The intention is ok, but the numbers are way too extreme. Light attacks gives too much sustain and does too little damage, and heavy attacks does too much damage in certain contexts. If this goes live, heavy attacking from stealth can´t become a thing or we´ll have back the old "heavy attack gank meta" we had a few years ago.

Tried out both heavy and light attacks and it takes me back to the previous question where I stand by my statement that light attacks restore way too much Resources (which becomes even more potent with off-balance debuff) and heavy attacks does an even more absurd damage with off-balance.

In comparison to live sustain isn´t even something you need to consider from a PvE perspective. This will definetly push people into high elf and orc racials for PvE when it comes to damage dealers. I also fear for healers that will lose their purpose even more when it comes to support the group with sustain (through orbs,shards etc) and become more full blown "healbots", which isn´t something I´d like to see.

PvP wise it´s hard to judge too much from only dueling, but you can essentially remove 200-400 recovery from your current builds on live (since they´re now given from light attacks) and invest more into damage. Not sure how this will play oout.

When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

This is purely an estimation (since I´ve no way to track my APM) but I would guess medium to high. I also find it very strange that APM pops up out of nowhere as a way to judge balance/performance or whatever it´s used for. Would like to know why APM became important all of a sudden. And compared to live it feels like a "punishment" and I don´t enjoy how things are playing out on PTS compared to live.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already left a response in the requested format above. After another hour of parsing, I'll add:

Ultimates still did not always drop when selected. Potions often required repeated key presses to consume. Skills that registered as activated by Bandits UI, i.e. a key was pressed, did not always fire in game. This was true using both a light and a heavy attack build.

While this change could increase the DPS of the bottom quarter of players in PvE, it will decrease it for the upper half. Most importantly, it seemingly does nothing to fix the dropped skills and de-syncs. Introducing a crafted set that significantly buffs heavy attack damage would likely have been a better choice. Then, guildies could make the set in blue for struggling friends and tell them. "Wear this, and just hold the mouse button down."
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Responses to Gina:

What type of content did you test these changes in?

Maelstrom Arena, there’s no place like it in all Oblivion

Oh boy..Man, well, ugh.. Stamina Nightblade, Magic Nightblade, Magic Necromancer

Just the easy rounds 1,2,3,4

I really didn’t notice the resource restore, but I don’t usually have resource problems. I probably could had put on a flame damage glyph instead of absorb magic; and maybe used more a damage oriented race rather than Sustain (Breton)

I don’t usually heavy attack on magic toons. Ever. So I didn’t notice any change there; but on stamina characters, I often lead into a fight with a heavy attack. It felt better, like it’s finally doing an appropriate amount of damage.

Sometimes, I’ll light attack something to death when they only got a sliver of health left; to save resources and get ready for the next fight. My light attacks now do poopoo damage, so that was quite noticeable to what I am used to on live.

It’s a pretty nifty way to get resources back now.

Not really sure what to make about the heavy attacks. They might be more damage, but where I use them it’s usually like a heavy attack/ poison inject to kill a theodolite real quick. The heavy attack wasn’t quite enough to kill the mob by itself, so it really didn’t change anything far as skills used.

On stam, I’ll charge up a heavy attack while running up to a mob so it’s like [ha, surprise attack, light attack, killers blade]

I’m not heavy attacking after some buildup, I heavy attack to lead off a fight. Maybe that’s just me?

I have no idea. You just keep going, don’t do anything different? Did I miss something? Was something cool supposed to happen? IDK?

On live, if you’re running low on resources you can find a little window of time to get a heavy attack off. Now that does nothing for you. I guess you could run around light attacking things to get resources, but if you find yourself running around light attacking things, your probably gonna be dead real soon. Cause your light attacks aren’t gonna kill anything.

I have no idea. Probably Low. Can’t do the wasd thing so using a controller. Ability buttons may be around 100 a minute if I’m lucky, but figuring out your movements of run jump dodge block or whatever is something I can’t really count.

Final thoughts

I like the increased damage of heavy attacks. It finally feels like an appropriate damage level. It’s odd them not giving back resource, because I’m just used to that at this point; but the damage level is about what I think it should be even on live.

I think light attacks were nerffed a bit too hard. Even with resource return they feel too weak. Maybe they’re a little strong on live, but on pts they just feel bad. Very very bad.

I’ve no idea about changes you made to some sets. Don’t use them on live or here.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have my characters (EU) on the PTS, so I could only test some general feel in overland content for the moment. I think that would reflect what most of the player base experiences most of the time. I was using a DW stamina Dragonknight.
    1. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?

I honestly did not notice a significant increase in Heavy Attack damage. And that was with Molten Armaments! Light Attacks did feel significantly weaker though, to the point of irrelevance. Resource gain is difficult to judge in this environment, but my stamina did not drop a lot.
    What I did notice however was that skills were my most effective tool, immediate damage for resource cost. I liked that noticeable difference between a light attack and a skill, although I think the discrepancy is slightly too large now as light attacks felt mostly ineffectual instead of the prelude to a skill. The weaving "combo", if you will, did not seem significantly diminished by dropping the first part. That's not a great feeling.
    1. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?

It does feel better, insofar that it never made sense that a charged up heavy attack would return resources. But frankly, the logic for light attacks returning resources isn't that much greater, either. Coming from an Elder Scrolls perspective, I would only expect to drain resources with my weapon if it was magically enchanted.
    As for damage, it feels more intuitive that heavy attacks deal significantly more damage than light attacks. It does feel unintuitive though that my light attack deals less damage than my enchantment.
    1. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

It's not like I time those things, but it's probably in the medium range in PvE - light attack + skill every second, plus a few bar swaps and reactive dodge rolls and blocks, maybe 130-150? PvP is much more bursty with long intervalls of nothing happening at all.
    I feel penalized in so far as my DPS will decrease again, but that's true across the APM scale outside of heavy attack rotations. The issue I see is that granting more resource sustain for light attack rotations is a good trade-off in principle, however we can sustain these rotations just fine right now while still investing in all-out damage on all fronts (gear sets, enchantments, food, etc). There is no more room to drop sustain tools for more damage in this new paradigm, which means we will simply over-sustain in light attack rotations.

I will utilize /feedback once I've had a chance for more elaborate testing.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a random thought I have about LA / MA / HA changes.

You are making LA to deal less dmg & restore resources and MA / HA to deal more damage and do not restore resources.

How about a middle-ground ?

So both LA and HA would restore resources & deal dmg - but in different value / numbers ?
    Since MA / HA is a charged attack, it takes more time to do. In that time you could weave 3 - 4 LA. So heavy attack would still restore some resources and deal dmg that could be more or less equivalent of 3 - 4 LA (or maybe different, I am not a math guy tbh).

But this would support both play-styles and high & low APM (actions per minute) players will be able to preform "good enough".

For example:
    - high APM player (fast paced play style) will do: LA, skill, LA, skill, LA, skill.
    - Low APM Player (slow paced play style)will do: Dot, HA, Dot, HA etc.

Granted, low APM player will do worse (and imho they should, as this is fast paced game) - but there should still be a possibility for slow paced play-style.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 24, 2020 3:06PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Light and Heavy attack changes currently on the PTS.
    After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, please answer the following questions and let us know what you think.

While we prefer you utilize /feedback in-game and will be prioritizing those reports, you’re welcome to also post in this thread if you’d prefer. Please keep all other discussion surrounding these changes to this other thread; we want to focus this thread on the questions being asked. Thank you!
    1. What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
      • If PvE, what role did you test with, and what role do you mainly use on Live?
    2. Approximately how long did you test these changes?
    3. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?
    4. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?
    5. When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?
    6. How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?
    7. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

1. What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc)
    Iron atro dummy and one world boss. Wish i could get a trial group but not with my EU ping (wink wink).

2. If PvE, what role did you test with, and what role do you mainly use on Live?
    Damage dealer as stamnb and magdk (main both stamina and magicka nightblades and both sorcs on live, played every class and spec respectively and know them well enough except necros as they kinda new still to me)

3. Approximately how long did you test these changes?
    For around an hour.

4. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?
    Almost didn't tested heavy attacks as have zero interest in them personally and dislike slow gameplay overall. Light attacks though restoring a lot of resources which already isn's an issue this patch at all.

5. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?
    It feels worse and counterintuitive to say the least. Though heavy attacks should do more damage but surely not in cost of leeching light attacks damage potential and surely both should have potential to restore resources, maybe in a different amount but it still stands.

! ESO v4.0.5 Summerset and update 18 patch notes:
    Rebalanced Light and Heavy Attack damage across weapon types to reinforce the concept that Light Attacks are for dealing damage and Heavy Attacks are for restoring resources.
    No need to tackle what isn't broken... yet.

And also it's further promotes bash weaving which is one of the reasons for a dps gap we have and also part of the most (or all even) deadly combos is pvp. Not that it's bad mechanics, but surely goes against ZOS goals.

6. When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?
    Tried heavy attacks on a world boss just for the sake of testing, but generally see no point in it as off balance is poorly tracked and in most scenarios in game you have other stuff to do but track if i should do heavy attack (or synergising ability) now or continue with rotation through the mechanics in, for example, vAS HM.

7. How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?
    I didn't. Also i don't run out of resources on live, only exception might be random dungeons with zero support. All i can say it's not worth damage decrease, at all.

8. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?
    I play at high APM ratio.
    Ultimately can't agree that also cast times are needed for some mythical "health of the game" as it didn't accomplished anything but made some ultimates dead and going against "fast paced" combat company still talks about while it's not completely true now. Old players adapted new ones still dying when casting those cast time abilities.
    And surely i enjoy this playstyle while it lasts.

This stuff will not help with players having change fatigue and after scalebreaker outrage it's like another slap in the cheek honestly. Instead of fully focus on performance, honing what we already have, reworking unused sets and reworking CP we got this, like seriously?

In the end i want to say that it will not accomplish any goals set by ZOS.
    Light attack damage was buffed first of all because there are new players literally light attacking their way through the content.
    We had sustain restored since Morrowind but it's not really an issue right now. Also how light attack weaving for resources helps new players that do not weave at all? Heavy attack builds are here not because it's some crazy damage but for infinite sustain to cast shields and abilities mostly so it's ultimately hurts the ones you want to help.
    As for set reworks... just no. Look at Molag Kena and ask yourself if you would use it. Maybe for a tank that can spare some resources freedom for an early warhorn but what about all the werewolves/sorcs wearing it now as it's super niche set already.

Biggest help for the new players still will be built in buff/ability-tracker similar to addon "Action Duration Reminder" and better combat tutorial, probably second one needed when player hits CP160 or something, more advanced one with going through AoE's, DoT's and so on.

But there are positives.
    1. New way of communication and presenting ideas.
    2. Mid pts cycles testing which is huge improvement between last week major patch pts testing of something that 100% will go live unchanged. We have time to reactand you have time to proceed OR scrap the idea fully and not waste time and resources on it.
    3. Attacks scaling off highest stat.
    4. Heavy attack damage buff and recognition of medium weave existence.
    5. Normalising cast times.

I'm tired already. Fix performance (not only fps, ping issues are crippling this year so servers and hops might need a look at) and let us play your game as we used to and not be ashamed of subscribing again.

(english is not my first language, not even the second so you have my apologies)
    Edited by colossalvoids on March 24, 2020 3:03PM
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
        Targetdummy, & mobs in the world.

DPS , in live i do Tank an DPS.

an hour.
    3. During your playtesting, did you notice that Light Attacks restore resources and that Heavy Attacks deal increased damage? If so, what was your experience with both or either of these attacks?

LA: the restore is overwhelmingly huge.
      HA: very heavy damage , picture this with gankers. Your initial intentions is helping the sheet players? now they will die in a blink.
    4. Does the new paradigm of Light Attacking to restore resources while dealing low damage, and Heavy Attacking to deal high damage after a buildup, feel better or worse than what’s currently on the Live megaserver?

Worse.
    5. When targets became Off Balance, what sort of attacks did you utilize against them, if any? Were you able to identify any potent effects that Off Balance enabled for you?

HA after off balance. the damage after off balance is way " off balance", again sheet players dies faster.
    6. How often did you run out of resources during your play session? Did recuperating them feel better or worse to what you are accustomed to on the Live servers?

i almost never run out of rss in PTS.
    7. When playing our game, do you play at a Low (Under 100), Medium (100-200), or High (200+) Actions Per Minute? (Note this includes movement and other non-combat actions, not just ability presses). Do you ever feel penalized for playing as one of these with the new paradigm? Do you enjoy playing at your experienced APM?

Medium to high .
      I can adapt to this new paradigm..
      I feel fine in the live with my APM.

This is my first time using quote,and i am not native speaker.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland content, Summerset geysers, target dummy (Robust Target Dro-m'Athra, Target Mournful Aegis, Target Iron Atronach Trial).
    About 1 hour for now.
    I did noticed it. My sustain while LA-weaving was better. Damage from HA was good (I don't have indicators on Live, I have them on PTS to try things).
    It feels better. I recommend though add gradual (scaling) restoring of resources to medium attacks.
    Both attacks (including skills, such as whip). I think I need more adapting to notice additional restoring from LA. It may be good to add some UI identification of the exact amount that was restored to better identify it. Increased damage was visible on the indicator.
    Note: I do not use combat addons.
    I did not run out of resources in overland, geysers and trial dummy. I ran out of resources on other dummies. I didn't use ultimates on them so that is one of the reasons. Blue food used (strange bug: the tooltip shows 0 increase on the character screen in the effects tab). I had better sustain than on Live.
    I would say medium. I think it is better on PTS than on Live. There are some additional thoughts about your goal to make the gap not so big:
    1. Look at all content, especially newer content that was created with the goal of extra high dps. Since you are making the dps ceiling lower make sure that such content is achievable by at least the same percentage of players.
    2. Nerf bash damage just like LA and slightly increase its cost. Low-APM players do not need to bash constantly and can deal with it. High-APM players will compensate be LA-weaving if they need bashing at high rate.
    3. Increase damage of direct damage skills. Do not touch dots. That will help Low-APM players achieve better dps.
    4. Look at channeling skills. They need either increased damage or (and?) lowering cost since they prohibit weaving, using HA or block / bash without cancelling the skill. Channeling builds are also more accessible to Low-APM players.
    5. Look at different sets. Add new sets or modify (without nerfing) existing sets so that it is possible to proc not only from LA, but from direct damage skills. Give players something like Arms of Relequen but for skills.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. content overland bosses in Deshaan 30 to 45 mins

2. Magsorc used knight Slayer/torug's pact/iceheart (mother sorrow, torugs, iceheart or slimecraw)

3. About 45 mins

4. LA restore resources wasn't that great because it wasn't apart of my HA rotation. lol HA was lack luster. Ave DPS floating between 14k to 18k. Highest was 28k (fluke). No resource sustain for HA. pffff...

5. The damage just isn't there to raise the "floor". Skills need to be adjusted for higher damage output. If your goal is to get casual/average joe player to hit between 30 to 40k dps, then all damage skills need to be adjusted upwards of 100%. Otherwise, this next patch will do nothing for the low APM.

6.Off balance..well tried HA lightning staff with wall and didn't notice much of a difference

7. HA didn't do squat. If I "landed" a LA on target I did get some resource return but not enough to justify LA resource return usage. It was like hitting with a wet banana against a brick wall.

8. Low APM player. Currently on the live server, I would just raise the "floor" for low APM players. The damage output for low apm isn't there with the HA play style. Adjusting LA is probably not the way to go. LA, Med, and HA should restore resources otherwise you will have a lot of dead players on the low end. I was around before the big nerf / gutting of the PETSORC. Some will say it was easy mode. For the Low APM player, it worked well for pve and was FUN to play. The damage, resource sustain and heal were all rolled into one package and it worked. That play style is gone and the FUN left ESO soon afterwards for a few low APM players. Just resigned to low end content for two years.

For those that smash buttons without LA or HA you will be at the bottom unless damage skills get boosted. That gap in dps will always be there and won't go away. I've been chasing the meta for over two years and it's not worth it. This whole thing will be for nothing unless performance is fixed. Skills not firing and the lag.

• Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Nice work to delete 90% of the comments that had a critical opinion about these changes ZOS, makes things even more obvious

While keeping positive feedback comments like this, which also have nothing to do with direct testing (presumably why you mass-nuked a load of comments)
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I pretty much like the idea of the patch and hope his becomes life. Right now the LA weaving mechanic is so much meta that everything else is considers trash. this opens up more tactical options than just button mashing.

I literally gave feedback saying that the proposed changes ruin the fast-paced playstyle a lot of players enjoy most about this game, and then went on to say you could have your cake and eat it too, by buffing HAs, while leaving LAs as they are. Which WAS valid feedback.

Just wow.

The first post of this page asks very specific questions to be answered. There is a separate post for general comments.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Trial Target Dummy
    2. Magicka sorcerer DPS, DPS
    3. 1 hour
    4. Yes, but the tradeoff between DPS and restored resources is not OK. Maybe nerf LA damage by 30-40% max. HA damage is ok, but the loss of resources restore is AWFUL, it makes classic builds useless. Don't forget that YOU ZOS never fixed ligthning staves so they still tend to bug, get stuck and miss light attacks 5 times more than fire staves! You either fix lightning staves or add magicka restore to HA again.
    5. The first is ok, especially because I play an awful regen, no vampire Dark Elf magsorc. The second is worse. Yes, the damage is better but still vastly non competitive with fire damage, but now you ALSO lose the positive side of having always magicka well topped up.
    6. I did not hit off-balance stuff, I was focused on LA and HA, including sessions using only 1-2 abilities to see the differences in a standardized way. Furthermore, noticing off-balance in the heat of a fight is so hard that I usually miss it anyway. Sure, there are addons to help with that, but why should I have to install an addon for something that the base game should show in a "visual" way? Why bother, since you have nerfed Off-balance to the oblivion times and again?
    7. Fire spec with LA: better. HA lightning spec: worse. Damage is still inferior, this is a build for less skilled people who don't know how to LA weave, therefore they SHALL miss the LA regen and SHALL miss the HA removed regen.
    8. Medium / high on fire spec, much lower on lightning spec. What I don't like about high APM is that server lag tends to "eat" some of the abilities as soon as you have a ping > 150ms, a condition many players have.
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 24, 2020 4:40PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) content: Vet Arx Corinium (solo)

2) role: Tanky, pet-sorc build, heavier than the usual vMA beginner builds

3) about 30 minutes, one complete run

4) I noticed the light attack resource return much more than in my earlier dummy parses (see above)

5) I paid more attention to off-balance than while parsing and found myself choosing whether to use it for resource return or extra damage. Resource return was noticeable; extra damage, not so much. Still getting used to this complete 180 though.

6) Resource return felt better than on live. I did run out of stam at times because this was a mag build and when solo in vet content, you dodge and break CC more.

7) medium APM (at a guess) - This felt comparable to live. DPS was down a bit, survival was a bit easier. Keep in mind this was solo... DPS ranged from 13K to 20 K on boss fights, final boss was 13K over the whole fight. Usually it's around 15 K for a final boss depending on how often it interrupts and CCs. DPS felt low. In contrast to my parses (pages above) most damage was from skills, heavy attacks were way down the list, light attacks didn't make the page at all. Health was usually above 2/3 and never got below half. This was a heavy armor build, but even so survival felt a bit easier than live due to resources + heals. I wanted to run Direfrost vet as well, but ZOS killed solo options in that. Overall, I have felt penalized over the past year and a half for running group content solo, and the combat changes over that time have changed me into a "kill some dragons" casual. I expect this patch will be a further push in that direction and am looking forward to some other MMO where my toons feel stronger after a year rather than weaker. Consequently, I've no plans to grind more gear, or spend more money on this one until the combat team changes.

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Light and Heavy attack changes currently on the PTS. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, please answer the following questions and let us know what you think.

While we prefer you utilize /feedback in-game and will be prioritizing those reports, you’re welcome to also post in this thread if you’d prefer. Please keep all other discussion surrounding these changes to this other thread; we want to focus this thread on the questions being asked. Thank you!

1. Trial Dummy
    2. I do both Tank and DPS - MagSorc no pet DPS (What I tested with)
    3. 4-6 hours total
    4. I knew because I read patch notes. If I did *not* read patch notes I would have been confused and thought I was dropping LA damage crazy amounts due to % difference. I don't HA on Live so I wouldn't have bothered to even test if I had not known.
    5. Its tough to say better or worse. I still LA weave, and it feels like it gives me better dmg + sustain than HA, which isn't a bad thing. I know people think you can magically balance the two 100% equally, but we both know that isn't the case. The gameplay itself felt exactly the same, but with more sustain.
    6. Nothing with Off Balance. Off Balance on live I tend to notice more on my tank than ever on my DPS.
    7. I was testing with multiple setups - Full Agro (MS/Siroria/Zaan) and one with PFG. PFG never dipped at all. Agro setup dipped, but nothing too major - LA rotation was maybe 80% at lowest with HA being similar to what it is now I suppose. Regaining resources I think will be odd feeling without the HA burst. I think honestly both need to be resource mechanics as going OOM is the worst feeling, you have nothing to do unless you balance or <insert sustain skill here> back up. HA at least gave players a big wind up burst.
    8. I feel I play quite fast. I have done most high movement content <which I feel is mostly 4 man stuff> and got challenger on just about everything, and have done on both DPS and tank. Stuff like Fang Lair HM I can deal with effectively for instance. I don't feel penalized as my rotation hasn't changed a bit. I still LA, and people that are slow will still die to AoE's more than me. I don't think "enjoyment of playing with experienced APM" is best question. Its just something I do. I don't consider MMORPG's to be fighters, RTS, or shooter games so APM never really crossed my mind as to gameplay.

Additional notes: It does feel like a blanket nerf for damage. I understand each year you tend to bring it back down <as next chapter we would have 100k+ parses most likely due to new gear>, and while I don't mind LA/HA being reworked into most resource systems. This won't tend to help the floor do more content as the content itself would be their issue. They need to learn what DPS is, and whats bad DPS.

I have always pushed for Vet dungeons to be that pathway with DPS/Tank/Heal requirements to que and receive the pledge. A better version of The Secret Worlds Gatekeeper system would do wonders to help push players into adapting builds and playstyles that work. The game has fallen so much into do normal -> LA your way to victory, that I was in a Vet Moon Hunter Keep the other day due to pledge and the DPS was low. Still finished, but the player was shocked when the archivist was difficult because and I quote "I usually do like 22K DPS so I don't know why this is hard". Its obvious that he doesn't parse and it was probably 22K AoE damage that he dealt, but I don't blame him. 22K AoE in normal is quite decent seeing that its balanced around players with 0 CP and little passives. How would he know that Vet DLC requires a much higher level of play?

Overall this change doesn't really hurt me in any way. Gameplay was the exact same, it is essentially the same as any other patch that nerfs damage numbers to me. I still LA'd with about 90ish LA/S, and I still didn't HA. I even did parses with NO la or ha just to see, and yup, much lower damage <and of course literally no ult gain etc>. I say if your making it a resource system go all out and make them both the same, it would be confusing to players that LA would generate resources but HA did not.

One thing to also note, if you going to change CP, swapping every system and ability damage first then doing a sweeping change to something that effects literally all of those systems will end up backfiring.
    Edited by karekiz on March 24, 2020 5:21PM
  • YeetusKhajiitus
    YeetusKhajiitus
    Soul Shriven
    Not my final opinion on the matter, as I wasn't able to find people to properly test things in dungeons or trials yet.

1. Overland (delves, WBs, dragons, etc). Tank and dd, on Live I'm alternating between the two.
    2. A few hours
    3,4,5. The changes are clearly visible. Thoughts on them below:
    Tank:
    I feel like this patch is the final nail in the coffin of mooncalf and regen enchantments for tanking. Resources are basically infinite.
    Overall gain from multiple LAs is comparable to that from an old HA, but you still get something if you have to stop early. With Off Balance it's pure insanity.
    You can even sneak in some LAs in a permablock scenario, effectively bypassing lack of regen. And all of that is not even taking the new Kena into account.
    Not particularly relevant, but LA damage is just laughable. A mudcrab's snippy-snip at my ankles through heavy armor hits harder than my sword swing. Speaking of intuitive combat. Anyway, leveling a tank with these changes would be more painful than ever.
    DD:
    I just don't see how the skill gap is being narrowed here. If anything, it's only getting wider.
    Sure, the dispersion of DPS is lessened. Abysmal damage will slap some sense into a few of LA spammers. Necessity to time mediums to the GCD instead of LA weaving will take a few overperformers down a notch.
    But it won't eliminate either of the groups. Vet content will just become an even more exclusive club than it is now. As well as the club of 5k DPS people, of course, but they'll only be hated more for this.
    Not to mention that charging heavies is painfully slow even with the speedups.
    Sustain from LAs does almost nothing, there are enough sources of it on Live.
    A templar-specific complaint about Solar Barrage: new Empower on it is just useless. New Empower in general, probably. The DPS increase it gives is just pathetic.

Overall, I don't feel like this patch punishes enough for doing bad and rewards enough for doing good. It just pulls everyone towards a common mediocrity and gives no incentive to improve.
    "Only the best will succeed, only the worst will fail" is a very demoralizing principle, and, in my opinion, has no place in games designed for entertainment.
    6. There's no such thing as running out of resources in this new system, it feels like.
    7. Usually medium, high when needed. Yes, I do enjoy playing like that. I don't know if "penalized" is the right word, but it does feel more difficult to keep up because the actions required are more complex now.

P.S. Scaling attack damage with the highest stats is very welcome.

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. What type of content did you test these changes in? (Dungeons, Trials, Dueling, PvP, Battlegrounds, Target Dummy, etc) ?
    Target dummy, Overland PVE. I wanted to test PVP but there were not any players to fight against.
    1 hour.
    Yes. Read below.
    Better, but improvements are needed. Read below.
    It seems that Light attack spamming grants too much of the resources back, magicka or stamina.
    This can create unending resources game play which is counter productive to balancing PVP/PVE.
    I suggest to cut in half or even 60% the magicka/stamina return from spamming light attack.

Change this:
    All weapon-based Light Attacks will restore 200 Stamina or Magicka per hit, depending on their type.
    Using Light Attacks in quick succession increases the resources restored by its base value, up to a maximum of 3 times. This means normal weapons' Light Attacks restore up to 1000, while Werewolf restores up to 1250.

To this:
    All weapon-based Light Attacks will restore 100 Stamina or Magicka per hit, depending on their type.
    Using Light Attacks in quick succession increases the resources restored by its base value, up to a maximum of 3 times. This means normal weapons' Light Attacks restore up to 500, while Werewolf restores up to 625.

The heavy attack is not rewarding enough to even bother with it, I suggest to increase its damage by at least 20%-25%.
    The medium attack damage is fine.
    The light attack damage is a bit too low. I suggest to increase it by 10%-15%.

*The numbers are not final and are subject to change. I just give examples of changing the current numbers to more appropriate ones.

There may be better math if more accurate testing will be done.

Not tested enough.
    Never run out of resources. Balancing the light attack resource return should be a priority. It felt better but improvements are needed.
    High APM even with my bad latency. Not penalized, actually it rewards me because I'm usually having medium-high latency(120-300+) and light attack weaving between each attack is a bit too much when having high latency. I enjoy for now(subject to change).
    Edited by Universe on March 24, 2020 7:52PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • ApexInterfectum
    ApexInterfectum
    Soul Shriven
    After testing this out, the short answer is not to change the LA/HA mechanics how they are live now. You should add the Medium attack in to see how it is utilized by the full spectrum of players and make a choice later on rather than a sweeping change. If you mess with such a critical function you're going to have the entire late game community up in arms. The heavy attack meta needs to stay dead.
    - Apex
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS had actually spent time playing the game, they would have known that the vast majority of the player base don't even know the concept of LA weaving. Literally just start a new character and get into a dungeon. People stand still casting skills, and straight up look like NPCs. Instead of trying to lower the ceiling by literally changing core game play mechanics, how about actually put more effort into introducing players to these mechanics? I'm talking about making them go through the basics and making sure they understand them. You can change all mechanics you want but the people that are affected the most are the ones who put their heart and soul into your game, and guess what? They will be leaving. Everything you're doing is equivalent to giving a participation trophy.
    Edited by StaticWave on March 24, 2020 7:50PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Swapping the Resource Recovery mechanic between Light and Heavy attacks
    • Buffing Heavy Attacking

Dislikes:
    • Nerfing Light Attack damage into the ground
    • Buffing Heavy Attacks by ludicrous levels

A lot of the nerfs and buffs presented just need to be dialed back to smaller numbers so we all can get a better sense of where they should be by patch release. ZeniMax should also consider buffing Blocking slightly in anticipation of the effects of the Heavy Attack buffs on PvP.

Edited by ArcVelarian on March 24, 2020 8:00PM
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I pretty much like the idea of the patch and hope his becomes life. Right now the LA weaving mechanic is so much meta that everything else is considers trash. this opens up more tactical options than just button mashing.

And the changes on PTS change nothing about that. It's just that on live LA weaving gives you damage directly. With PTS setup it will still give you huge advantage through increased sustain. And players who can weave will have no problems leveraging additional 400 stam/mag recovery into damage.

and if you never had sustain issues to begin with it makes little difference

Then you adjust your mundus or glyphs and or weave mediums and gain back the damage lost without clipping the GCD.
  • Leafwalker
    Leafwalker
    Soul Shriven
    I have not used the PTS yet. One issue with using the PTS as the test bed to deciding whether the LA and HA changes will be implemented into the live servers, is that the PTS is primarily used by experienced/devoted players that generally don't want changes that will lessen their edge versus more casual players. I'm not saying anything negative toward these devoted players. They don't want to see their 100+ hours at practicing their rotations to be lost because of these proposed changes. However, casual players generally speaking, will not take the time to download the PTS and then spend time playing on something that will not carry back over into their normal game play (character experience, loot, achievements, etc). This means your primary feedback will be coming from only a smaller segment of your player base - experienced, devoted, "hardcore" players. This will not give you a broad sampling of your user base.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭

Overland-world bosses

stamina dps

2 hours

Yes, I noticed the resource restore. With my light attack weaving it didn't seem excessive but I miss a lot of those light
    attacks. Somebody with really good weaving might never run out of resources. Heavy attacks are still, well, slow.

It doesn't feel any different. Heavy attacks still feel incredibly slow and in my testing I wasn't able to make the
    increased damage pay dividends. No difference there for me.
    Light attacks felt the same but the results were terrible. The damage was below the Mendoza line. It was almost off the bottom of the chart. I consider myself an average player of the game. I'm not a casual, but I'm by no means elite.
    This is going to hurt players like me a lot. I question whether or not I'll still be able to clear vet dlc dungeons.

As a pve player who's been here since day one I'm afraid I have to say I don't give a *** about off balance.
    Dungeon bosse are very difficult to offbalance with only one mechanism for this.
    This one is lost on the majority of your players.

Never ran out. It's obviously working.

Definitely medium. I'm not fast but I'm probably faster than 90% of players. I was fine with things as they were.
    I didn't feel penalized and I didn't mind that there were people in the game doing twice as much damage as me.
    Now I feel kind of screwed. In my testing with a necro that previously would do just south of 40k on a world boss
    (no major fracture or outside buffs) this same build now hardly gets over thirty.

Light attack damage was almost off the bottom of the page in my parses. They're the new Poison Injection.
    But Poison Injection does more damage! lol

Heavy attacks still don't do enough damage for me to use them so that option is out. They're slow and clunky
    and when I look at the numbers they're still not justified, at least for me.

If these changes are supposed to help players like me, please stop trying to help me.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like another attempt to nerf end game players to make casuals feel better. Lowering DPS for the most dedicated players will not help potatoes learn mechanics or stay out of red.

I would challenge Gina and any 11 ZOS devs to complete actual end game content like Godslayer or vAS+2, before their next wave of massive nerfs.
    Edited by Pallio on March 24, 2020 9:25PM
This discussion has been closed.