Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ravenwatch PC NA

Carespanker
Carespanker
✭✭✭✭
Bahlokdaan is gone and we need a new discussion thread!

Note: Community Rules
Edited by Carespanker on February 25, 2020 7:00AM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a more personal discussion on this campaign between your own faction, do check out The Official NA PC Discord Servers for real-time conversation, strategy, news reports, and more all ran by your factions guild masters.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    I’m so happy its been renamed from badonkadonk.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now if the crashing issue is taken care of things will be great, or better at least. We attempted to run groups the past two evenings but stopped after an hour or so both times because it's just too frustrating crashing as much as 5 times in that period.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the current suspicion is that the majority of ravenwatch's main guilds moved to gray host which is why ep is currently uncontested. Though I can't speak for all of DC(yet) I can confirm that this the case with a number of well known guilds from non cp. I can also confirm that ep is doing nothing different from the last campaign that can be the direct cause for this. Could someone like @Bashur please confirm how things are going with the blue side?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the current suspicion is that the majority of ravenwatch's main guilds moved to gray host which is why ep is currently uncontested. Though I can't speak for all of DC(yet) I can confirm that this the case with a number of well known guilds from non cp. I can also confirm that ep is doing nothing different from the last campaign that can be the direct cause for this. Could someone like Bashur please confirm how things are going with the blue side?

I think you mean @Lord_Bashu

I wouldn't be too worried about current populations until the crashing problem is fixed.
    • PC/NA
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    So the current suspicion is that the majority of ravenwatch's main guilds moved to gray host which is why ep is currently uncontested. Though I can't speak for all of DC(yet) I can confirm that this the case with a number of well known guilds from non cp. I can also confirm that ep is doing nothing different from the last campaign that can be the direct cause for this. Could someone like Bashur please confirm how things are going with the blue side?

I think you mean @Lord_Bashu

I wouldn't be too worried about current populations until the crashing problem is fixed.

Ah yeah ty. Sorry I'm bad with names... Also why is every major DC player labeled as a "Lord"?
    Edited by Carespanker on February 27, 2020 3:41PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.... how does one become a major player in this game? That would complete my life!!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Wait.... how does one become a major player in this game? That would complete my life!!

You play DC and call yourself Lord... Duh.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .Just a short clip from yesterday evening. Still having some lag/delay with skills firing at times but at least we aren't crashing constantly. Kudos to the werewolves for always bringing good fights.

https://youtu.be/qr5UMVSn3jw
    • PC/NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord_Bashu ’s guild still plays Ravenwatch, as do several other major DC guilds. The change is they no longer run open groups.

I do know many players abandoned Ravenwatch for Gray Host. I’m not particularly fond of seeing most of DC’s population switch sides once we finally get something done, but that’s what ZOS wanted.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And for the record ZOS - campaign unlock is the worst. Now when you try to get a group together to do something, the trolls switch sides and wreck all sneak attacks. It's pointless to play outside of prime time, which for DC is never. Gee, I wonder why Ravenwatch is dead all the time. Why no one talks in zone, why no one runs open groups.

Guess ZOS either wants to kill off PvP, or kill off NoCP. ;(
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CaffeinatedMayhem Which guild are you a part of, I know I've seen you out there putting in work.

AD was sort of weak with the opening of Ravenwatch but part of it was the crashing issue. But it does look like AD and EP have been consistently higher pop than DC over the weekend in prime time as far as I've seen. If this is the case TM has no issues flipping over to help balance thing out for a bit, and the great thing is if/when DC does recover then we won't be stuck there like in December where we basically just log off early with nothing to do and no one wanting to fight us.

We would never flip back and forth in the same evening, though, we prefer to commit to one faction for duration of our raid as we've done in the past when the campaign was unlocked. If ZOS implemented a 12 hour soft lock I think this would be the best solution. Reduce the trolling and spying while still not forcing you to stay on an overpopulated faction for a full 30 days. Also prevent from homing on multiple factions in a single campaign so you could only get campaign rewards on one faction, I think that would help assuage some concerns.
    Edited by Kartalin on March 9, 2020 4:19PM
    • PC/NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Kartalin heh, I'm not a part of any guild in No CP. I'm just the one person who is willing to talk in zone and run pugs. Though after this weekend, I won't be running any groups for a while. All the good people went to CP.

If TM wants to help that's fine, but expect a lot of resistance. I've seen EP and AD players over here, but DC is very leery of help from "the other side." Especially since many "DC Loyal" during faction lock now switch sides to troll whenever they think DC is winning "too much."

But fair warning, I'm not popular in DC. Sexism is real in ESO, especially in PvP.

Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 9, 2020 4:37PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CaffeinatedMayhem We just want to be able to fight outnumbered. EP does give us some good fights in that regard but it works best when we're on a faction with lower pop than the others. Not saying we'll immediately switch from one side to another but we keep an eye on where the factions are at and factor this into our decisions.

One thing you may be experiencing, we experience this frequently on AD, is that quantity does not equal quality.

Also f*** sexism, the only thing that matters is if you're able to get the job done either solo or as part of the group.
    • PC/NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Also f*** sexism, the only thing that matters is if you're able to get the job done either solo or as part of the group.

<3 Sadly, a lot of players (women included) are upset when a woman leads. Obviously, I don't let it stop me anymore.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    As a known faction hopper, I’d be 100% ok with a 12 hour soft lock. I get that trolling goes on, and I think that would reduce it and please a lot of folks who hate open factions, while still allowing long time players to swap and play with friends on occasion.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    My EP boys in Impact had fun with you guys tonight, lots of great battles!
    PC-NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC seems to have good west coast/later prime time population, got up to 3 bars as EP and AD were dropping from 3 to 2.
    • PC/NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, DC usually waits for everyone else to sleep. We have at least 1 guild that doesn’t even show up until 10pm Eastern.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hour soft lock would be great. Wish ZoS was smart enough to not do just extremes in their attempt to balance.

Btw, good team purple today. It was a hard team purple. I know everyone thinks the other factions gain up on them, but damn that team purple was done to perfection.

AD was outnumbered 3 to 1, had population bonus even, and was a pug that fought against superior numbers, a guild coordinating in voice and cross faction spying and coordination. Got the Emp because of it.

Though still required for you all to pull half of the AD pugs away from Roe in order to take it. Got to say that communication was spot on. The instant some of us showed up to take a blue outpost, the entire red faction attacked Roe while blues took ress.

Smh.

Edit: Oh and how can I confirm team purple? Blues were losing their scrolls, while the guild kept their members watching keeps and attack AD while losing all six scrolls. Pretty obvious.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on March 14, 2020 9:59PM
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Every faction experiences being teamed against, and every faction says "I know it happens to everyone, but it happens to us more!"

False.

Teaming happens, and will continue to happen. Same with gate camping, zerging and scroll trolling/farming.

Just the nature of AvA.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    @Kartalin heh, I'm not a part of any guild in No CP. I'm just the one person who is willing to talk in zone and run pugs. Though after this weekend, I won't be running any groups for a while. All the good people went to CP.

If TM wants to help that's fine, but expect a lot of resistance. I've seen EP and AD players over here, but DC is very leery of help from "the other side." Especially since many "DC Loyal" during faction lock now switch sides to troll whenever they think DC is winning "too much."

But fair warning, I'm not popular in DC. Sexism is real in ESO, especially in PvP.

First of all, you're not unpopular because of 'sexism'. You're unpopular because you constantly scream in zone about what DC /should/ be doing (usually in hindsight), because you yell in all caps at pugs for 'stealing your siege', and because you're generally an unpleasant person to interact with. You being a woman has nothing to do with that so don't mislabel peoples dislike for you as something it isn't.

Second of all, while I cannot speak for ALL DC players, I know my group in particular switches sides when there's little to no opposition for DC OR when we have friends we want to play with. You might be fine with pvdooring keeps down, zerging down the 3 players actually trying to resist you on the enemy faction, all for the near pointless faction score... But some are here to PvP. If you consider playing the game to actually have fun to be 'trolling' that's kinda on you.
    Edited by Shmoopy on March 28, 2020 8:15AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .TM has been running groups more often lately with the way things are right now. Really good fights these past couple days against Rough Riders, Impact , and others. Here is a compilation of recent highlights.

https://youtu.be/74kRhr0LGos
    • PC/NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite moment from last night is how the majority of the 3 bars of DC came to Warden to stop about 25 AD (TM and IOTE) from getting away with one of our own scrolls and they lost their last emp keep to EP in the process.

We knew we weren't getting away with the scroll, we just had to stay alive as long as possible to help EP out. Go team orange I guess lol.

Later, both factions pushed south. Team orange as always is brief and somewhat accidental.:D
    • PC/NA
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post prime time has always been rough for us Aussie, but DC you got to calm the hell down, literally a full raid taking keeps from 2-3 people, this isn't PvP.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, faction unlock is trolling and messing with you guys too huh?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler what gives? You gave the trolls and boosters and unlocked CP side camp they can live in.

Why let em trash noCP the only place for low CP players to play?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calm down dude, it's not even your platform. Lock or unlock isn't going to stop them from capping the map off hours, they've been doing that for 2 years now.
    • PC/NA
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Nite Capping in No CP, NA has been around a long time. AD is the only faction that has not done it on a reg basis. Cyro is not about equal numbers, you want to do something positive for your faction? Start a Guild, recruit lots of folks, train them!

Blaming the other side is pointless, I am sure they wish you had more folks too. I know I do..

Honestly Cyro is really about Guild Leaders, not groups of 1's 2's. z's….. etc... Its about Guild Leaders and Guilds... So start one today!!

• Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord_Bashu Cyro can be about any size. I agree in general the objectives require groups... but just as easily smaller groups or individuals can have an outcome in the map. I can’t say how many times I’ve slowed down a dozen DC that should be riding to save Chal, but instead die in 1’s and 2’s until a group chases me. I lead them down a merry path as long as possible before dying, and I’ve succeeded in giving my faction time and less defenders to kill.

The best way I’ve found to play Cyrodiil is just to hop in to have fun. If fun is playing the map, then do that. If fun is hopping around rocks, do that. It can be whatever you want.
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    @Odysseus87 Oh you had a great guild!!! we miss them....

u were a great guild leader too!! Or at least so I am told.. hint hint hint..

I know I know.. its a lot of work being a guild leader... but it can also be a lot of fun..

Yes I agree, Cyro can be fun on your own or with a couple of friends, and the faction needs those folks, I was really responding to the person above, who was blaming another faction for having too many folks on... That's not the faction's fault is it?

The only way to solve that issue is to encourage more folks to join guilds, and start guilds. Which is my main message!!!