The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No_Wan wrote: »
    fo0rf2fzdbc6.png

NW in Murkmire.
    Not sure if it is post or after quest location.

It is not in the Grave-Singer's Lodge (the building wing at the indicated location) after the quest.

Can you screenshot the book itself?
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Strange,
    You are right the book is not there anymore.
    Screenshot shows I picked it up there.
    It is part of a quest though. Not sure how to obtain it then :(

t95siuopmv4a.png
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    tim99 wrote: »
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned here, but the two pieces of paper we have been missing for years down in Cyrodiil, have been fixed.

Information Request from Emeric

Updated Instructions from Dortene

After years of asking, both are available at the Daggerfall training camp which is at the south gate, I have no idea when they fixed that, but noticed them when my newest character was there doing training. I had to pay to get 2 of my AD characters out of a campaign so my EP collector and main character could get behind the gate to collect them.
    6fwuext75if0.jpg2h6ce4ik12kr.jpg

man this is huge... i dont know why people dont start to scream about it :D
    And i can confirm its correct. Took me a whole day to just sit around in cyro and wait for the gate to open, but it was worth it. 2 of 4 missing books (undaunted and kud nakal left) are finally off the list.

Thx so much !!!

Nice gratz! Did you manage to find dead-water riddle fragment? If so can you remember where. Ty

thx. i think i read it also during the quest
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    The frustration of only having 2 lore books left for 100% completion is immense lol

For my beloved kud-nakal
    Dead-water riddle fragment

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP

Please, please can these be put post quest. Thank you in advance
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time to make the Eidetic Memory account wide, you collect them all only once anyway.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dosuul wrote: »
    It's about time to make the Eidetic Memory account wide, you collect them all only once anyway.

+
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frustration of only having 2 lore books left for 100% completion is immense lol

For my beloved kud-nakal

better would be these two:
    • Tome of the Undaunted - |H1:book:3046|h|h
    • For My Beloved Kud-Nakal - |H1:book:5634|h|h
        :p
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

For my beloved kud-nakal

I'm assuming you have checked every factions undaunted enclave?

Someone also said they found it in a bookcase on this thread
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467821/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help-volume-two
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For my beloved kud-nakal

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467821/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help-volume-two

yes, i've spent hours and hours in research (in the beginning).
    The problem is there are two versions of this book in the library. a signed one and an unsigned one ("Tome of the Undaunted signed").

The signed one you can read sometimes at the undaunted places (maybe ones a month lol).
    The unsigned one u could only read (in theory) when you didnt accept the undaunted guildline yet (but even this is bugged as i couldnt find it on at least 10 new chars since i'm aware of this). Maybe is was ninja-inserted to your inventory a long time ago and not any more.

For the hews bookcases, i did run a few rounds to check, but i just dont believe it tbh, because noone else could find it as well.
    As far as i know, noone was able to read it after accepting the undaunted (i would be so happy to be wrong), so i really think it needs a fix from devs.
    Edited by tim99 on January 2, 2020 1:24PM
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    Jylly wrote: »
    i dont find

Mantra of Redemption

anyone know where it is ?

I found it after I finished the quest at 21.27x31.50 inside Vijari's House on a nightstand.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No_Wan wrote: »
    Strange,
    You are right the book is not there anymore.
    Screenshot shows I picked it up there.
    It is part of a quest though. Not sure how to obtain it then :(

t95siuopmv4a.png

I think your screenshot might be showing the icon and tooltip added by Lorebooks, but the book itself has never been there for me. Nor have I ever found it in any Murkmire shelves.

If you didn’t read it during the quest, then there doesn’t seem to be a way to access it.

We’ll find out in a few days whether this or any bugged books have been fixed in the first iteration of Update 25. Fingers crossed.
  • Walllessfury
    Any chance I can get help on mnem book? I can never get it go appear/clear out the temple. Ebonheart US Server
    Edited by Walllessfury on January 21, 2020 12:56PM
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance I can get help on mnem book? I can never get it go appear/clear out the temple. Ebonheart US Server

The Chim book has disappeared, too. Can't collect it on my Dominion character. :(
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run away at a reasonable distance and go back again it should reappear
  • Gathanderoth
    Gathanderoth
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone know where Ra'khajin's Journal page 12 is?
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where Ra'khajin's Journal page 12 is?
    gwenj1htx3y7.png

Edited by Runhent on July 13, 2020 5:07PM
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • MyAlterEgo
    MyAlterEgo
    Soul Shriven
    I personally cannot find :
    - Daggerfall Market Shopping List (I read it during the quest but it's marked as not read)
    - Rhanbiq's Notes (same as DMSL)
    - Nahirah's Journal (same as DMSL & RN)
    - Letter to an aldarch (its outside location has the light but the book is missing and inside one isn't accessible)
    - Eyes of the Queen only (book is missing and I don't know if I read it during the quest)

Can someone help me to fix that pls ?

Never saw an answer anywhere for the Shopping List from this old comment by VanIliriagon (even in other threads).

The thing is, you HAVE TO read the note to do the quest, Blood and the Crescent Moon. And that spot where the dog leads you where the body and the note are? No note there now (5 1/2 years after doing the quest). So I look up the person you turn the quest into, which is Captain Aresin. Even verified where he would have been standing.

If you had to read the note to even start or progress on the quest, not having it listed in Eidetic Memory really does seem like a bug. Anyone know anything about this one before I file a bug report?

I have the same issue as you with the Daggerfall Market Shopping List. I was wondering if you filed a bug report and whether you got a solution to the issue that you could share please?
  • dunngiven
    dunngiven
    Soul Shriven
    In PTS 3.1.2 patch note :

The following book can now be found after completing their associated quests:

[*]Ode to Ethrandora

However, I can not find it. Any ideas, have been all over Sadrith Mora numerous times and no luck

Thanks to all who have made it possible to complete so many of my missing books. Time and effort much appreciated.

• Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    dunngiven wrote: »
    In PTS 3.1.2 patch note :

The following book can now be found after completing their associated quests:

[*]Ode to Ethrandora

However, I can not find it. Any ideas, have been all over Sadrith Mora numerous times and no luck

Thanks to all who have made it possible to complete so many of my missing books. Time and effort much appreciated.

If you completed this quest, there will be the Scorched Paper thing on the left brazier — you will face these braziers when you enter Council House. There is the Ode.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a last books again

Mysteries and Clues:
    Sealed Letter
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun

For my beloved kud-nakal

"For My Beloved Kud-Nakal " post upgrade 25 is found here in Murkmire

55bwmc98hmmr.png

• Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    Hey all, does anyone know where the Icereach Coven Note book can be found? It's from the Rituals and Revelations section. I've looked out the front of the dungeon, but cannot find it.

I'm also missing Epistle on the Spirits of Amun-dro Vol 3 from the Pellitine Postings section, if anyone knows the location of this one too?

• Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »

Mysteries and Clues:
    Sealed Letter
    Did you complete the Dragonhold prologue? If not, this letter should be available in Crown Store for free as the quest starter.
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runhent wrote: »

Mysteries and Clues:
    Sealed Letter
    Did you complete the Dragonhold prologue? If not, this letter should be available in Crown Store for free as the quest starter.

I did and after i got my Kud-Nakal Letter (what should be patched now) this is the last book i need (excluded the new harrowstorm books and missing motifs)
    So i hope that @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or someone else is reading this and takes care about, that this book can be found after you finished the prologue...
    Edited by Gamer1986PAN on February 25, 2020 6:13PM
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody found the books ?

Icereach Coven Note and Lucrative Opportunity In Eastmarch
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately no. The “Icereach Coven Note” is nowhere to be found in Icereach and “The Lucrative Opportunity in Eastmarch” is probably related to the upcoming prologue quest for Greymoor and not yet available.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rainchii wrote: »
    I'm also missing Epistle on the Spirits of Amun-dro Vol 3 from the Pellitine Postings section, if anyone knows the location of this one too?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6451001#Comment_6451001
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gralor wrote: »

Unfortunately no. The “Icereach Coven Note” is nowhere to be found in Icereach and “The Lucrative Opportunity in Eastmarch” is probably related to the upcoming prologue quest for Greymoor and not yet available.

I couldn’t find Icereach Coven Note in either dungeon either. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if Lucrative Opportunity is the quest starter and Icereach Coven Note is within the prologue area somewhere. The last prologue quest had quite a few lorebooks, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to find a couple with this one.

I’ll try to find some time to do the prologue on the PTS to confirm.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I couldn’t find Icereach Coven Note in either dungeon either.

It is most definitely not in a dungeon because it's in the "Rituals and Revelations" section, not the "Library of Incunabula".
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I couldn’t find Icereach Coven Note in either dungeon either.

It is most definitely not in a dungeon because it's in the "Rituals and Revelations" section, not the "Library of Incunabula".

I’m inclined to agree, but I don’t know for sure that this is a hard and fast rule. All books in Incunabula are dungeon lorebooks, but are all dungeon lorebooks in Incunabula?

Thank you for raising this question. I will try to investigate tonight.