The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mix @Ayantir @thawks

Aniaste's Journal (Malabal Tor)

The journal does not appear at the foot of the large central tree of Treehenge as shown by the Lorebooks add-on Eidetic filter pin on the Map -- until the quest "Sacred Prey, Hunt Profane" is acquired from Aniaste, completed, and turned-in to Vanendil.

See: Online: Sacred Prey, Hunt Profane

That is, after turning it in to Vanendil, your character can return to the central tree of Treehenge, find the journal, and read it.

Beware: finding Aniaste is not all that easy. She is some distance north of northeastward from the central tree, and the terrain is rugged. According to the AUI add-on Minimap, the coordinates are X: 86.64 and Y: 15.63. Happy Hunting!

Gabrielle Benelle's Journal (Glenumbra)

This journal does not appear unless and until your character is engaged in a quest given by the commander at the Breton army encampment nearby, to find three lost patrols. The Lorebooks add-on Eidetic filter pin does not disclose that the journal is available through a quest, neither does it's entry in the Eidetic Library.

That said, I do not know whether the journal will appear for a character who has finished the quest without reading the lorebook. Then again, I do not know whether a player's character can possibly finish the quest without reading the lorebook since it contains information that the player needs in order to find Gabrielle Benelle. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on July 30, 2017 3:36AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Due to the lot of changes, I'll reset the Lorebooks db for this update. So pins should be fixed with new discoveries after a week or two after next db launch. I'll remove old pins after I'll have enought data.

And no, I don't want people reporting incorrect pins, because reports are 95% incorrect, it's a huge waste of time for me.
    LazyTJ_92 wrote: »
    I could really use some help from someone with addons (i'm on console).

I've started long time ago a project of pushing SkyShards, Lorebooks and Destinations on a webserver with a google map.. I'll try to progress.
    Edited by Ayantir on July 29, 2017 10:34AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell volumes:
    • Wise Woman's Diary: Presumed location: Almurbalarammi. Have turned the place upside-down and gathered a ridiculous bounty three or four times already, found nothing. Am I blind, or is it really not there?
    • Teas and Tisanes for Aches and Pains: During the quest for Tilenra Sildreth in Suran I was supposed to have fetched it from the Altmer alchemist - and now it's nowhere to be found.
    • Seythen's Journal: UESP says it seems to be unobtainable at the moment. I've poked around in the ruins mentioned, nothing. Anyone seen it?
    • Magister Otheri's Research Journal: I stole this for Gothren to get Sun-In-Shadow out of the drybox. I'm almost completely certain I read it (still trying to figure out the ArchMagister status of Otheri), however, it's missing from my collection. Gothren doesn't have it (he probably used it to wipe himself?), and it's not lying around in the Magister's Retreat.
    • Magister's Writ: Completely certain that I read that one during the quest (I laughed at the "racial handicap). However, I still need it, and it's nowhere to be found.
    • Firuth's Writ: Dito, missing it. Could SIS perhaps put them up in her house?
    • Chodala's Writings: Make Morrowind great again! Still missing that one.
    • Barilzar's Hirelings: It's not in his tower after the quest - also, sad that the understructure can't be accessed anymore...

Anyone got intel on those? :)
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @thawks @Ayantir @Mix

"The Dawn of the Exalted Viper" (Skyreach Temple, Craglorn)
    thawks wrote: »
    This is a big pet peeve of mine. I want them all, dammit.
    RE: Dawn of the Exalted Viper: Is it possible to get this book by grouping with someone who has not completed the quest and porting into Skyreach Temple?
    FWIW, the chamber which contains the Eidetic document "The Dawn of the Exalted Viper" can be accessed via the delve Loth'Na Caverns. I discovered this while one of my characters was pursuing the quest UESP Online: The Gray Passage.

After entering the Caverns, proceed to the right when the character enters the main chamber (which has two levels). You should find a ramp to the left that leads to the upper level. Your character will probably encounter Visskar, the delve boss, and must kill him.

Just beyond the boss, to the right you will see a deep chasm, and a large door in the rock wall on the other side of it. It looks like it could be an entrance to a chamber of the delve (but it is not). On the same side as your character, there are four posts which have holders for stone shards.

If your character has the appropriate quest for Skyreach Temple (I don't recall the name!), then the holders will contain Welkyd stones. The voice of The Thief will tell you that the character must activate the four stones in the correct order, to create a bridge across the chasm to a rock platform in front of the large door in the wall on the other side.

Be forewarned: the bridge will exist until the door has been used. While it exists the character can cross the chasm to/from the rest of the Loth'Na Caverns delve. Once a character passes through that large door, the bridge vanishes and the activation stones are destroyed -- as the player will discover if the character subsequently exits the Skyreach Temple through it. So, be sure to read lorebooks, use the Skyshard, etc., that are in the delve before opening that door.

After your character uses the large door to enter Skyreach Temple, you should see "The Dawn of the Exalted Viper" on top of an object (?) immediately to the character's left. After reading the lorebook, the character can teleport out of the Skyreach Temple chamber to a WS, if the player chooses.

Of course, since the character has the appropriate quest for Skyreach Temple, most likely the chamber is not empty. Rather, an NPC named "Little Leaf" should be available, and the character can proceed to kill her. If the character wins, then The Thief opens a portal to The Star Gazers hall in Belkarth, where the character must rendezvous with The Thief for the quest reward.

(Note: my character did not use the portal, but teleported to a WS to continue The Gray Passage pilgrimage. On the Map afterward, a black inverted arrowhead was displayed on the Star Gazers hall in Belkarth, so my character went there, met with The Thief, and received the quest reward. For what it may be worth, my character had never entered Skyreach Temple via any other door at any time.)

Edited by Shadowshire on August 14, 2017 4:53AM

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm just gonna list this as a bugged book: Invitation to Morrowind. Right now if you have the first (main)quest active or have completed it you can no longer read the book in your inventory. Presumably because it's supposed to start the quest so when you've started it through other means it prevents you from obtaining it. :(

I've tried to do what Rainchii suggested but that only gave me another book (Good Travels!) which didn't unlock it.
    Edited by Kyoma on July 29, 2017 12:38PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    And no, I don't want people reporting incorrect pins, because reports are 95% incorrect, it's a huge waste of time for me.
    Personally, I have never reported an "incorrect pin" because I assume that the Lorebooks add-on output is correct. However, the Library data -- for which ZOS is responsible -- evidently has various errors and omissions. As the old saying among programmers goes, "Garbage in, garbage out".

The design of a quest during the course of which a lorebook(s) becomes available, or a lorebook becomes available as a result of finishing a quest, has its own potential for errors omissions, and questionable decisions.

So, I would like to thank-you, Ayantir, for your time and effort in helping to make the ESO Lorebook feature a more functional part of the game for those of us who enjoy "collecting" and reading its books and documents of various kinds.

• thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    From the latest PTS patch notes:
    The following items can now be read outside of its quest:
    Letter to Eraven
    Seythen’s Journal

Removed Zaintiraris’ Note from Eidetic Memory.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to assume this is from Live:)
    manavortex wrote: »
    Vvardenfell volumes:
    • Wise Woman's Diary: still to be checked on PTS
    • Teas and Tisanes for Aches and Pains: Fixed on PTS, in Suran beside Tilenra
    • Seythen's Journal: Fixed on PTS 3.1.3: at the middle south edge of Kushtariri (the ruins just west of the land you are buying)
    • Magister Otheri's Research Journal: I'll check for this on PTS
    • Magister's Writ: Fixed on PTS, Magister Therana's Chambers
    • Firuth's Writ: this is combined with the writ of endorsement, now called Firuth's Writ of Endorsement. I haven't located it after the quest yet...
    • Chodala's Writings: in a tent in the red exile camp just west of Ald'ruhn wayshrine
    • Barilzar's Hirelings: I'll check again on PTS...

Anyone got intel on those? :)

• WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't seen Red Exile Instructions after the quest :')
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix
    Mix wrote: »
    Copied from the Fixed list on the spreadsheet:
    • Captain's Note: Mysteries and Clues: Firemoth Island, posted at docks (after Q: Breaking Through the Fog)
    Which docks would this be? I can't seem to find it. (On PTS)

In your spreadsheet it says you don't know the location of 'Vosh Rahk Orders' yet.
    After you have completed the quest, this can be found on the stone table to the left, as soon as you enter Paragon's Remembrance. But it doesn't glow, so it's hard to see.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please add 'Who Asked Them Here?' to the list, if it isn't too late. It's been just out of reach, mocking me.
    (Should be able to get it in Arenthia, Reaper's March, during the quest 'The Colovian Occupation'.)
    Edited by Uzzgrock on August 2, 2017 12:50AM
  • Niraeyas
    Niraeyas
    ✭✭
    Is "Barilzar's Hirelings" in Vvardenfell vvollumes available anywhere? It says it was given as part of a quest, but I don't have it, and it's not in his tower afterwards.
  • Daeymon
    Daeymon
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Daeymon I think you are looking for the warning sign inside the Lion's Den public dungeon. It should be posted outside either entrance to the "group event" Giant cave.

Sorry to necro this, but this piece of lore is a hold out for me. The provided location is not correct. The two notes outside each entrance of Giants Crush at the Lions Den are not this note. I honestly cannot find this one. I've spoken to many who have it, but none remember where they got it. Anyone able to help?
    Edited by Daeymon on August 6, 2017 1:34AM
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    @Daeymon

"Giant Warning" is found in Fulstrom Homestead, where the first heist of the Thieves Guild questline takes place. It cannot be visited again after quest completion but it may have a post-quest location somewhere in Abah's Landing.
  • Daeymon
    Daeymon
    ✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    @Daeymon

"Giant Warning" is found in Fulstrom Homestead, where the first heist of the Thieves Guild questline takes place. It cannot be visited again after quest completion but it may have a post-quest location somewhere in Abah's Landing.

I've had a look at the docks that you depart for that quest, as well as the thieves dens where you first meet the quest giver and nothing. Cannot find anything around Abah's Landing or the Thieves Guild either. So this might be a lorebook which becomes unavailable outside the quest instance.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Ok I'm just gonna list this as a bugged book: Invitation to Morrowind. Right now if you have the first (main)quest active or have completed it you can no longer read the book in your inventory. Presumably because it's supposed to start the quest so when you've started it through other means it prevents you from obtaining it. :(
    In my humble opinion, documents such as "Invitation to Morrowind" should never be included in either of the lorebook libraries. They are not books or documents which pertain to the Lore of The Elder Scrolls!!

They are just ZOS marketing messages addressed to the players and have nothing to do with the characters in the game per se.

• CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    4 people in this thread have asked for help regarding this book 'Healing Herbs Of Northwest Tamriel
    Part of the The World and Its Creatures collection' It is part of a quest and is located between 2 walls in Rivenspire, at 47.63.

I double checked today on an alt, and did the quest and book was there and was readable and appeared in memory once read, so this is just an old bug on my older alts. Any chance this can be picked up by Zos please?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Uzzgrock You take the ship from Seyda Neen back to Firemoth Island. Then there is a part of the docks that has a bit of a roof, the note it on a post in that area. It did glow for me on my main (on template now, harder to check books since i have to do quests trying to not read things and then go back and check).

Adding:
    Who Asked Them Here? - Arenthia, Colovian Occupation
    Giant Warning - Fulstrom Homestead, quest area during first TG quest
    Healing Herbs Of Northwest Tamriel: The World and Its Creatures collection - quest and is located between 2 walls in Rivenspire, at 47.63.
  • VanIliriagon
    VanIliriagon
    ✭✭
    I personally cannot find :
    - Daggerfall Market Shopping List (I read it during the quest but it's marked as not read)
    - Rhanbiq's Notes (same as DMSL)
    - Nahirah's Journal (same as DMSL & RN)
    - Letter to an aldarch (its outside location has the light but the book is missing and inside one isn't accessible)
    - Eyes of the Queen only (book is missing and I don't know if I read it during the quest)

Can someone help me to fix that pls ?
  • Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    Wolffie wrote: »
    "Arrest Writ" is no longer unavailable post-quest. It is in the southernmost section of the Thieves Den on a board behind a cooking fire.

my hero :) another one that is NOT missing any more. thanks so much.
    *** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    - Eyes of the Queen only (book is missing and I don't know if I read it during the quest)
    Not available postquest (or if you skipped it) but on PTS it is now available. So you'll have to wait a little bit longer I guess. :)

Edited by Kyoma on August 10, 2017 4:37PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    Could someone please tell me where to find "The Fickle Nature of Mudcrabs"? I've been all over the mage's guild in Davon's Watch (where Lorebooks has it marked), but can't seem to find it.

The only other book giving me this much trouble is "A Call to the Worthy" somewhere in Kvatch, which I still haven't been able to find.

Still can't find "The Fickle Nature of Mudcrabs." Is it one of those that's randomly and spontaneously in bookcases throughout the world, but nowhere else?

Turns out "A Call to the Worthy" is what begins the "Sweetroll Killer" quest, so I don't have access to it yet. I will, though, so I'm not worried there.

And Valyia's Cargo Manifest is the MIA book in Deshaan, but that's a known bug (at least to us), so I'm not going to worry about that one.

Still could use help finding "The Fickle Nature of Mudcrabs," however.

hi,
    I found "The Fickle Nature of Mudcrabs." in Stonefall, Davon´s Watch (coord. 86.00 x 33.14) in the house of the mage guild.
    Cross my fingers for you!
    *** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
  • x4livin
    x4livin
    ✭✭✭
    And again tonight, I died twice after getting into ADs Mnem gate, attempting to get "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls." It seems to be placed UNDER the podium, and no matter which way I look at it(or the one in my home faction, EP), it will not let me see it or read it. Is this a bug? or is there a quest that I am missing that I have to do to get it? What? PLEASE fix the book bugs. Please!?!
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I need still 36 books with my first Char.

Diaries and Logs:
    Captain Black Sword's Journal
    How much longer?
    Rotten bread and spoiled meat

Hearts and Flowers:
    My Dearest Love

Houses, Shops and Trade:
    Molag Mar Tax Records
    Sadrith Mora Tax Records
    Vos Tax Records

Letters and Missives:
    Invitation to Morrowind

Library of Incunabula:
    Captive's Crumpled Note
    Captive's Discreet Warning
    Defiant Graffiti
    Improvised Memorial
    Nicolard's Note to Self
    Nicolard's Notes on Ruin Origins
    Nicolard's Notes on the Forge
    Nicolard Lia's Journal
    Plan to Escape
    Scrawled Tally
    Unfinished Letter to Marika (All this book I must search at Bloodroot Forge and Falreath Hold.)

Misteries and Clues:
    Black Snails Shipping Notice
    Freshly Penned Note
    Honored Ancestors
    Letter to Savarak
    Pierced Note
    Sun-in-Shadow's To Do List
    Very Old Note

Notes and Memos:
    Plea to Maximus

Personal Journals:
    Page from Sun-in-Shadow's Journal

Research Note's:
    Adainaz's Journal
    Proven Moon Sugar Fertilization Techniques
    Recommended Methods of Moon Sugar Cultivation

Tales of Tamriel:
    The Year 2920, Vol.27

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    Introduction to Aedric Studies

Vvardenfell Vvolumes:
    Teas and Tisanes for Aches and Pains

Words od the Poets:
    A less rude Song
    Lord Vivec's Questions
    Edited by Holger30 on August 17, 2017 8:22PM
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some extensive book searching and made my own list of unobtainable books.

Here we go:

Criminal Correspondence
    Note from Khezuli's Contact - available for new characters on the table in the Mage's Guild (Haven, Grahtwood) during the "A little on the side" quest. For older characters that have finished the Haven questline, there's nothing there. As the city changes after the questline, the note is lost aswell. The quest isn't shareable. Grouping with someone who has the quest doesn't make it possible to enter the same (old) city. Both party members end up in different instances.

Diaries and Logs
    Captain Black Sword's Journal - not available in game.

Final Words
    Who Asked Them Here? - Available in Reaper's March, Arenthia in the Tower District. Same es with the Note from Khezuli's Contact, once the questline is completed, the city changes and the note gets blocked. Through exploits it is still possible to enter the Tower District. However, the note isn't there. Quests aren't shareable. Party members with the quest enter a different instance once they come close to the city.

Gold Coast Tomes
    Secret Note / Soggy Note / Up High Note - All three notes are linked to "The Sweetroll Killer". However, they disappear once the quest has been completed. If you haven't read them, there is no way to get access to them anymore. It's possible to miss them when you're doing the quest with friends, as what they read counts for you. Quest isn't shareable. Being in party with people that have the quest does not make the notes spawn for you.

Hearts and Flowers
    Letter to Sonya - Only available to new characters that haven't completed the quest "Torn Asunder" yet. For older characters, there's an empty spot. There is another book there, "Hadmal's Journal, Page 3". This one is available to both new and old characters. The quest isn't shareable. Being in party with people that have the quest does not make the letter spawn for you.

Houses, Shops, and Trade
    Valyia's Cargo Manifest - Most mentioned book in this thread, but I'll mention it again. Used to be available long time ago, south of Obsidian Gorge, Deshaan. One patch it was gone.

Letters and Missives
    Invitation to Morrowind - Shame on you, ZOS! How can the main book of your "expansion" be bugged? Shame! Anyway, you receive this book by mail when you purchase Morrowind. However, if you take your quest from Collections (or somewhere else) instead and complete it, you can't use it anymore. It's in my inventory, saying "Use to add to lore library", but when I do, nothing happens. C'mon, really?

Notes and Memos
    Eyes of the Queen Only - bug well known. Will be fixed next DLC.
    Note from Commander Derre - Was available in The Lion's Den, The Rift long time ago. Gone after a patch. Will be fixed next DLC.
    Note from Jeegren - bug well known. Will be fixed next DLC.
    Plea to Maximinus - probably not available in game. Went on hardcore book-searching tour through whole Cyrodiil multiple times with different groups. Maximinus' answer to this note, An Irate Employer, is available though.
    Snowmead's Missive - this note starts the quest "Labor Dispute". However, it is possible to start that quest directly by running into Eitaki Snowmead, which leads to the note's disappearance. Once the quest is completed, the note is gone forever.

Orsinium Archive
    Agolas's Journal - A book on a table in Orsinium that gives you the "One Ugly Mug" quest. However, you can also take the quest directly at Zabani in the Scarp Keep. And since it's ZOS responsible for it, of course the book disappears if you do, without any possibility to get it later.

Research Notes
    Adainaz's Journal - Should be available in Darkshade II, but it's not.

The Devoted and the Deranged
    Worship in Fanacas - used to be available long time ago in Fanacas, Cyrodiil, right next to the boss, Mabrel Pierel. One patch it was gone.

Vvardenfell Vvolumes (spelling intended?)
    Too many books (over 15) missing, didn't have time to search it thoroughly.

Words of the Poets
    A Less Rude Song - not available in game.

Wrothgar Writings
    Letter from a Prison Guard - Should be available in the Fharun Prison during main quest. If you missed it, there is no way to get it anymore. Quest isn't shareable. Being in party with someone who has the quest does still not allow you to enter the prison. Only players with an active quest can.
    Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation - this book appears during the Sorrow's Kiss quest. Guess what happens when you finish the quest without reading the book? Yeah, exactly. ZOS happens.

@ZOS_GinaBruno There you go. Clean, tested, explained. Just need to implement it. Put an intern there for 20 minutes. :)
    Edited by Meld777 on August 13, 2017 8:48PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls"
    x4livin wrote: »
    And again tonight, I died twice after getting into ADs Mnem gate, attempting to get "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls." It seems to be placed UNDER the podium, and no matter which way I look at it(or the one in my home faction, EP), it will not let me see it or read it. Is this a bug? or is there a quest that I am missing that I have to do to get it? What? PLEASE fix the book bugs. Please!?!
    For what it is worth, I searched for "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" at the Mnem temple with an Aldmeri Dominion character. I did not see any book at all on the "lectern" adjacent to the temple wall. I reported this via /bug in-game as a missing Eidetic lorebook. Albeit, as you say, there is a yellowish glow around one corner of the lectern, so the document could be "under" the lectern.

That has happened before, when a corner of a supply crate covered a lorebook that was laying on the ground. I reported it at the time and it was corrected either in the next patch or the one that followed it. Those were the days .... in my humble opinion, I doubt that I will ever see ZOS respond like that again.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mix @Ayantir @Gina_Bruno
    Deshaan (Ebonheart Pact)

One of my characters has found and read all lorebooks for which the Lorebooks add-on displays a filter pin on the Map of Deshaan (for both Shalidor's Library and the Eidetic Memory Library, respectively) excepting the following four:
    • In Daedric Cults: "A Tally of Villagers" [Dungeon]
    • In Plots & Schemes: "No Praise for False Gods" [Dungeon]
      Neither of these are at the locations shown by the Eidetic filter pin on the Map, which are nowhere near any delve or dungeon in Deshaan. Both should probably be in the Quarantine Serk Catacombs, where there are two "pages" laying on the ground in one location (among several) which glow brightly, but an Interactive Prompt is not displayed for either one. A character must have a quest to enter the Quarantine area, then the Catacombs, unless the character has completed that quest previously. (The required quest is not shown by the lorebook library entries nor by the tooltips for the respective pins.)
    • Handbills, Posters, and Decrees: "Tome of the Undaunted [signed]" [no location given in the Library entries] There is a pin for one of these at every Undaunted Guild site in each pact, but there is no Interactive Prompt displayed for any document at the site which has that title.
    • Houses, Shops, and Trade: "Churasu's Alchemy Journal" is in NPC Churasu's home. Originally, my character could not enter the house. Now, the character can enter the house, but there is no lorebook to be found there.

If you want to see the screenshots, then please explain how I can post them within the messages I write, as others do, because the forum editing software -- as displayed by Firefox 54.0.1 -- does not enable me to do it. I can only add a URL which refers to another website such as Imgur.com.

Edited by Shadowshire on August 14, 2017 4:45AM

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire I don't wanna discourage you, but the add-on isn't perfect and will probably never be. It's based on reports of just a handful of people that have found books. If you're planning to get most of them, it'll do it. If you're planning to get all of them, you're in for a much bigger journey.

I remember Tome of the Undaunted is part of the quest Call of the Undaunted. As far as I know, it's impossible to complete this quest without reading the book. If you lost your invitation letter, you can pick up a quest in the tavern of your starter zone that will send you to the local dungeon. Once you complete it, you will also get the starter quest that will lead to the book. If you somehow managed to finish this quest without reading the book, I guess it's a bug.

Many books require a certain quest to be running at a certain stage, and if you miss that, you won't be able to get those books... which is the number 1 reason this thread exists. Many books spawn after a certain quest has been completed or an objective has been met. Others are just completely random bookshelf spawns. As far as I remember though, the books you mentioned are definitely obtainable one way or another. I just don't remember how exactly off the top of my head.
    Edited by Meld777 on August 14, 2017 9:32AM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, you don't have to tag me for every bug.

As said many times, I only manage to collect data and try to determine in what conditions a book had been read (locations, read from inventory, link with a quest, in dungeon, etc).

If a book is not here / not interactable / any other reasons, it's either your problem because you did not read the book while doing the quest and you should find another place where to find the book (so sorry, but i can't do anything for you...) , or it's the zos problem because there is a bug with interaction, book is only available while during a quest or any other reason. post here your issue for @ZOS_Something or use /bug ingame.

Screenshoting don't help *me* neither, the coords that everyone use is not the ones I use to determine locations, it's like you're trying to give location in a room for someone building a world map.

I'm simply not using the same coords. Plus I can't add data like this, because (as said multiple times) there Is a ton of hidden data which is needed and sent when you read a book.

If a book is not on your map, that's simply because no one ever read it or this place is particular and stripped by purpose.
    Just wait that some EU user read the book..

Don't forget that there is thousands of users who contributes without even knowing. You're not alone, you're not ten, *you're a lot*
    For Homestead, I had more than 1350 contributors.

If collecting 99% of books is doable with the help of the addon starting from level 1, don't even try without due to the amount of quests still problematic. And I won't even consider the 100%, it's simply impossible for now.

After, I'm actually at work, but I can say that :

Handbills, Posters, and Decrees: "Tome of the Undaunted [signed]" : Is in the undaunted enclaves, maybe not the one of your faction, personally I'm DC and I think it was the AD one where I did found that book. go check in capitals ?

Houses, Shops, and Trade: "Churasu's Alchemy Journal" is in NPC Churasu's home. : The book is certainly linked to a quest and the place phased. Because there is no dungeon, there should be an alternative version somewhere nearby the end of the quest .. after it depends of zos.

In Plots & Schemes: "No Praise for False Gods" [Dungeon] : If it's written dungeon, it's in the dungeon in the quarantaine zone. so, you'll need to read it while doing the quest. another zos problem.

And to add screenshots, the best way is to save your post, then edit it , you'll be able to add a picture. or use an online hosting website. net is plenty of them.

Stay cool in your achievement, consider that if a book is not here, you'll maybe need months in order to read them.

I had personnaly few bugs with few books, and I just waited half and a year in order to have the resolution of that bug, for some books, I still wait. like everyone here.
    Edited by Ayantir on August 14, 2017 12:43PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    I did some extensive book searching and made my own list of unobtainable books.

Here we go:
    Orsinium Archive
    Agolas's Journal - A book on a table in Orsinium that gives you the "One Ugly Mug" quest. However, you can also take the quest directly at Zabani in the Scarp Keep. And since it's ZOS responsible for it, of course the book disappears if you do, without any possibility to get it later.
    :)
    The book is on a table, but the table is at a POI campsite called Aqueduct Rock in central Wrothgar, near the decrepit aqueduct. The AUI Mini-Map add-on coordinates are X: 44.72 and Y: 67.6.

Today, one of my characters found it there and read it, but evidently he has found and read it before since it did not initiate the quest (so I assume that he has done it already). That said, if I recall correctly, at least one other character who completed the quest cannot find Agolas's Journal there now, but has credit for reading it and for completing the quest.

For that character, the original location of Agolas's Journal was underneath the nearby aqueduct, and reading the journal initiated the "One Ugly Mug" quest. So I don't know why a character who has completed the quest might not have it included among the ones that the character has read, in the Eidetic Library.

FWIW, it wouldn't be the first time that the game software has lost or corrupted data pertaining to a player character. For example, I discovered that some achievements that were once recorded were no longer recorded, while considering whether to buy a Homestead. And I don't expect that to be the last evidence of data corruption that I will ever see.

Further, apparently someone periodically embezzles some of the Gold Pieces from my ESO "bank account". It would be only too ironic if the programmer(s) and others who set that in motion have also been embezzling real dollars from ZOS.

Edited by Shadowshire on August 15, 2017 5:10AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I began playing in 2014, I knew nothing about the ESO Lorebook features, and paid no particular attention to finding and reading lorebooks or other documents. However, over the course of 2+ years, finding and reading "lorebooks" has become one of my favorite activities while I play ESO.

And I've sent countless in-game /bug reports with screenshots attached, about lorebooks that are missing or unavailable, and about other errors in the implementation, whether the design, of that ESO feature. Just when it seems that I've found every type of error that exists, I find another that I can't recall discovering before. Let's just say that the Customer Service people who review my reports and, perhaps, forward them to the developers, are probably very familiar with my player-name. :smiley:

Edited by Shadowshire on August 17, 2017 4:59AM