The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Top players really run meta build?

• MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lybal wrote: »
    OP, also top players have reputation if they play same campaign a lot. This means that majority of solo players won't attack them if it is not 1v1. So if you are top player only random guys who came for 50 transmutes will be "baited". Of course there are exceptions from this rule... for example If I see Lybal I always will go for him even it is 10v1. Guy is so awesome, that it is always fun to see how he will manage to 1vX, and he manages it pretty often, in no-CP.

Uh, I personally feel like I rarely succeed, even if I probably don't have the same standard for 1vX since I compare what I'm doing to the best I've ever done, but most 1vX feels very one-sided, either I have very little issue to kill people (and I don't really see that as a win if it felt easy) or I can only kite with no room for offensive, difficult and rewarding 1vX that felt tough are rare but are the best by far.

I dislike a bit that you contribute to give me this reputation of "top player" tho, I hate to get people who approach me just because they heard about my reputation, want to compare themself to me and end up spiting on me on any mistake I'd make against them, it's not common but it happens.

I'd like people to see me as any other random Nb if possible just to stop all the toxicity that I get because I'm not completely consistant in my performance or because some wants to satisfy their ego.
    Thx for the compliment tho.

I'd like to add to the main subject, but as much as I looked all important advices I would give have already been told.

Oh, I don't believe that you don't like your reputation. During midyear mayhem I saw you jumping right in the middle of enemies' zerg multiple times just to kite them and escape. While glowing with tel var. You obviously didn't expect to kill anyone in the open in the midst of 20+ group. So it was just to make people mad, wasn't it? >:)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much sure what little sustain those setups with 2 damage sets, one of them New Moon Acolyte, have now will go down the drain once off-balance changes go live in Harrowstorm. They won't be able to get as many resources back from heavy attacks.

I mostly play no-CP so I design all my builds around that, they perform quite well in CP so I don't bother re-gearing for that.

The recipe is quite simple:
    - 1 sustain 5p set: Bone Pirate, Eternal Hunt, Shacklebreaker, Trappings of Invigoration (back bar)
    - 1 damage 5p set: Spriggan's Thorns, Hunding's Rage, New Moon Acolyte (front bar), Warrior's Fury, 7th Legion (back bar), Ravaging Warrior (front bar)
    - 1 monster set: Bloodspawn (best overall), Selene, Velidreth, Balorgh (if you use an expensive ultimate)
    - sometimes 1 arena weapon: Master's Bow, Asylum Maul or Sword, 2/3 Blessing of the Potentates sword & shield
    - 3/3 weapon damage glyphs
    - 1 light 5 medium 1 heavy or 5 medium 2 heavy, rarely all medium.
    - all 7 armor pieces impenetrable, if I use shield that's reinforced or nirnhoned (almost no difference)

Gear is only part of the performance, you will need to also play a lot, get used to the combos, the advantages and the limitations of that build.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Pretty much sure what little sustain those setups with 2 damage sets, one of them New Moon Acolyte, have now will go down the drain once off-balance changes go live in Harrowstorm. They won't be able to get as many resources back from heavy attacks.

I mostly play no-CP so I design all my builds around that, they perform quite well in CP so I don't bother re-gearing for that.

- 1 sustain 5p set: Bone Pirate, Eternal Hunt, Shacklebreaker, Trappings of Invigoration (back bar)
    - 1 damage 5p set: Spriggan's Thorns, Hunding's Rage, New Moon Acolyte (front bar), Warrior's Fury, 7th Legion (back bar), Ravaging Warrior (front bar)
    - 1 monster set: Bloodspawn (best overall), Selene, Velidreth, Balorgh (if you use an expensive ultimate)
    - sometimes 1 arena weapon: Master's Bow, Asylum Maul or Sword, 2/3 Blessing of the Potentates sword & shield
    - all 7 armor pieces impenetrable, if I use shield that's reinforced or nirnhoned (almost no difference)

Gear is only part of the performance, you will need to also play a lot, get used to the combos, the advantages and the limitations of that build.

If you watch Thogards video, and most of the people I see kill several players or just doing well; it comes in bursts where they kite around keeping buffs up, string a target out, then burst. That will just have to be 15 seconds apart before retrying that same player. All other targets are good to go, and now the heavy attack wont consume the off balance so they have 7 seconds to do what they need to do before immunity. That's more than the time usually had before your target gets help.

That off balance change more effects just average players enjoying the damage buff in a sustain fight against 1 target more than the top players killing several. Kind of odd a change as the issue lately tends to be tanky players, yet they benefit from this.
    Edited by technohic on February 21, 2020 12:30PM
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GET GUD OR GET REKT !
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

If you watch Thogards video, and most of the people I see kill several players or just doing well; it comes in bursts where they kite around keeping buffs up, string a target out, then burst. That will just have to be 15 seconds apart before retrying that same player. All other targets are good to go, and now the heavy attack wont consume the off balance so they have 7 seconds to do what they need to do before immunity. That's more than the time usually had before your target gets help.

That off balance change more effects just average players enjoying the damage buff in a sustain fight against 1 target more than the top players killing several. Kind of odd a change as the issue lately tends to be tanky players, yet they benefit from this.

Not just that, but now dizzy will stun every time the off balance window is up. Since break free can be buggy sometimes there’s a good chance it’ll stun lock someone. For times when it isn’t up the person will be snared making it easier to control the fight.

They buffed the one button playstyle.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 21, 2020 12:38PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Not just that, but now dizzy will stun every time the off balance window is up. Since break free can be buggy sometimes there’s a good chance it’ll stun lock someone. For times when it isn’t up the person will be snared making it easier to control the fight.

Off-balance will have a 22 sec cooldown per target. Meaning Dizzying Swing can only stun the same player once every 22 seconds...
    • Off Balance now lasts 7 seconds from player sourced abilities and sets.
    • Off Balance is no longer reapplied to a target for 15 seconds once the original source of Off Balance ends. This cooldown is displayed as a debuff on targets once they are affected.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 21, 2020 12:59PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Off-balance will have a 22 sec cooldown per target. Meaning Dizzying Swing can only stun the same player once every 22 seconds...
    • Off Balance is no longer reapplied to a target for 15 seconds once the original source of Off Balance ends. This cooldown is displayed as a debuff on targets once they are affected.

I read up more on the changes because it was split up into different sections in the 5.3 notes:

- Off balance will last 7 seconds, once it wears off there is a 15 second cooldown until it can be reapplied
    - Medium/heavy attacks no longer consume the off balance effect
    - Off balance can no longer be purged as a negative effect

That means while off balance is up every dizzy will be a stun. If it’s not during off balance, it will be a snare.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this is a large buff. Play the usual tanky kite until onslaught is up, as soon as off balance is up onslaught and go dizzy - med (for double stuns which break break free) and then executioner spam with meds until dead. If someone can’t do that as a stamina might as well quit pvp because it’s not much different then the current meta.

It just reinforces S&B and 2H. It’s a large buff to the stamwarden, StamDK and stamnecro playstyle, and makes the exploiter passive (which is in the stamina tree) a no brainer.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 21, 2020 1:41PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read up more on the changes because it was split up into different sections in the 5.3 notes:

- Off balance will last 7 seconds, once it wears off there is a 15 second cooldown until it can be reapplied

That means while off balance is up every dizzy will be a stun. If it’s not during off balance, it will be a snare.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this is a large buff. Play the usual tanky kite until onslaught is up, as soon as off balance is up onslaught and go dizzy - med (for double stuns which break break free) and then executioner spam with meds until dead. If someone can’t do that as a stamina might as well quit pvp because it’s not much different then the current meta.

Yeah and there's just enough time for a second stun before OB wears off. Good luck fighting a good player running these 2 damage sets, infused weapon damage jewelry and surviving 2 stuns without an immovable pot ready. If you do; I'm sure they are not concerned with ignoring you for 15 seconds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tactician, not dizzy, has always been the primary source of off balance in 1vX
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Tactician, not dizzy, has always been the primary source of off balance in 1vX

Well yeah; dizzying has only had it for 1 patch cycle. It just adds availability without having to dodge an attack first.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah and there's just enough time for a second stun before OB wears off. Good luck fighting a good player running these 2 damage sets, infused weapon damage jewelry and surviving 2 stuns without an immovable pot ready. If you do; I'm sure they are not concerned with ignoring you for 15 seconds

Stuns happen all the time, dizzy has been more broken OP before so this change didn’t bother me too much, it just makes any class without a burst heal unplayable. What irks me this time is the snare.

I use mist to kite onslaught as a magplar and a burst heal to try and recover. Now stamina are already faster and I’m snared while losing my own counter snare with ritual?

I swear sometimes it feels like the devs watch whatever spec I play and go: nerf that one!
    Edited by Iskiab on February 21, 2020 1:57PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    OP, also top players have reputation if they play same campaign a lot. This means that majority of solo players won't attack them if it is not 1v1. So if you are top player only random guys who came for 50 transmutes will be "baited". Of course there are exceptions from this rule... for example If I see Lybal I always will go for him even it is 10v1. Guy is so awesome, that it is always fun to see how he will manage to 1vX, and he manages it pretty often, in no-CP.

Uh, I personally feel like I rarely succeed, even if I probably don't have the same standard for 1vX since I compare what I'm doing to the best I've ever done, but most 1vX feels very one-sided, either I have very little issue to kill people (and I don't really see that as a win if it felt easy) or I can only kite with no room for offensive, difficult and rewarding 1vX that felt tough are rare but are the best by far.

I dislike a bit that you contribute to give me this reputation of "top player" tho, I hate to get people who approach me just because they heard about my reputation, want to compare themself to me and end up spiting on me on any mistake I'd make against them, it's not common but it happens.

I'd like people to see me as any other random Nb if possible just to stop all the toxicity that I get because I'm not completely consistant in my performance or because some wants to satisfy their ego.

I'd like to add to the main subject, but as much as I looked all important advices I would give have already been told.

Oh, I don't believe that you don't like your reputation. During midyear mayhem I saw you jumping right in the middle of enemies' zerg multiple times just to kite them and escape. While glowing with tel var. You obviously didn't expect to kill anyone in the open in the midst of 20+ group. So it was just to make people mad, wasn't it? >:)

Oh for sure I expected to kill them, not everyone of course, and those that I kill get res immediately, but especially with Imperial Physic and a district boss, I'm pretty sure I can handle most groups, not the ballgroup kind where everyone is stack in 2m² tho.
    I spend almost all my time kiting, but that's unavoidable against an entire group, there's near no room for offense.
    I even killed some groups on Molag Bal, 2 or 3 at least, even if that's out of 50 try with a death every time after either 10 sec or 10 min.

There are good points getting a good reputation, I like to deal with hate whispers when I'm in the mood for it, but in the end I'd prefer to get none, I dislike toxicity in any form, I don't get mad when people tbag me but I'm just like "Wouldn't it be more cool if none would do that ?"
    I already stopped to play Lol just cause of the toxicity even tho I was Master, and I quitted multiple guilds in ESO due to all the constant drama in chat.

And my goal is never to make people mad, I just have fun playing this way, if I had fun zerging everyone 20vs1, I'd do it without a single hesitation, but that's not the case so I don't.
    Edited by Lybal on February 21, 2020 1:58PM
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It just reinforces S&B and 2H. It’s a large buff to the stamwarden, StamDK and stamnecro playstyle, and makes the exploiter passive (which is in the stamina tree) a no brainer.

You're gonna have to explain how being able to stun once every 22 seconds is a buff...

Off balance lasts 7 seconds, cc immunity lasts 6 seconds, dswing has .8 sec cast time. You're only going to be able to stun once during that 7 second off balance window, for the next 15 seconds dswing will be a snare that most people are already getting some other way.

Huge buff though, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 21, 2020 2:46PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it varies from player to player.

some players are known for a specific class / spec and will play it regardless of the current meta (Fengrush for instance has been a stam sorc forever)

others are complete meta humping tryhards (Orgorlord springs immediately to mind)
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    The way you enjoy playing is unique to you.
    It would be wise to wear sets and use skills that are tailored to that style of play.

This statement sums it up well.

At the end of the day you need to understand your own strengths and weaknesses as a human player before you worry about your character. Then you also have to account for the environment in which you play before you worry about all of this stuff.

For example ...

I’ve been playing ESO since PC launch and exclusively on XBox since then. The last two years have been sporadic at best but I no life’d the heck out of Cyrodiil from like 2015-2018. I’ve reached as high as number 2 for emperor in the beta and have had many top 100 campaign finishes. I’m not nearly a top level player any more but I dropped back into Cyrodiil yesterday on a whim and finished a kill 40 in just a few minutes. My build is off meta as can be but I know my strengths and weaknesses extremely well and have prepared for almost any situation that can come up.

My biggest weakness is that I have bad aim. I solved that by running two staves. When it gets laggy (the know your environment thing) I can still heavy attack you at the minimum just by blindly holding the trigger. The staff finds a target for me.

My second biggest weakness is that while I can animation cancel, I’m not good at it. I make up for this by having a massive 50K magic pool on my Templar. So when you burst me with a crazy animation cancel attack, I can actually win the resource management mini game, generally with 20K plus magic left over after I spam shields and heals.

I carry invisibility potions. I carry immovable potions. I use rapid maneuvers. I use Undeath and have 4 shields and heals equipped. All of these tools are in my tool belt way before I worry about gear.

In PVP if you are not running in a group you can go a long way simply with preparation. Being a B+ at every situation has a ton of benefits.

Last thing ... don’t be afraid to fail. Everyone dies in Cyrodiil. At the beginning I used to run a massive amount of heavy armor and over time I stripped it away. Now my guy basically wears Kleenex into war. At worst I die maybe 10% more often but 99% of my deaths would have happened regardless. The biggest misconception of ESO PVP is that you need survivability first. F that ... burn them all down and if you die, just have a fast horse.
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    The stamina meta ins't Bloodspawn/Fury/NMA/Blackrose DW?

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans NMA on warden way better
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you may not properly understand your class and sets. Just make sure to press sub assault every 4 seconds
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh for sure I expected to kill them, not everyone of course, and those that I kill get res immediately, but especially with Imperial Physic and a district boss, I'm pretty sure I can handle most groups, not the ballgroup kind where everyone is stack in 2m² tho.
    I spend almost all my time kiting, but that's unavoidable against an entire group, there's near no room for offense.
    I even killed some groups on Molag Bal, 2 or 3 at least, even if that's out of 50 try with a death every time after either 10 sec or 10 min.

There are good points getting a good reputation, I like to deal with hate whispers when I'm in the mood for it, but in the end I'd prefer to get none, I dislike toxicity in any form, I don't get mad when people tbag me but I'm just like "Wouldn't it be more cool if none would do that ?"
    I already stopped to play Lol just cause of the toxicity even tho I was Master, and I quitted multiple guilds in ESO due to all the constant drama in chat.

And my goal is never to make people mad, I just have fun playing this way, if I had fun zerging everyone 20vs1, I'd do it without a single hesitation, but that's not the case so I don't.

You and I play on the same campaign (PC EU Non-CP) and I gotta say publicly: congrats, you're the best. You and @Axakal would make a devastating duo for AD. Don't get too seriously the drama and hate whispers, people just get salty when outplayed and dead. There's a question though, how in the 7th circle of hell (lagodiil) do you manage to escape so well from all the pressure you get some times? I've seen entire trains following you and still couldn't get you. Good connectivity aka low ping? That would explain a lot.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirates + whatever offensive set you want ftw
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭

You and I play on the same campaign (PC EU Non-CP) and I gotta say publicly: congrats, you're the best. You and @Axakal would make a devastating duo for AD. Don't get too seriously the drama and hate whispers, people just get salty when outplayed and dead. There's a question though, how in the 7th circle of hell (lagodiil) do you manage to escape so well from all the pressure you get some times? I've seen entire trains following you and still couldn't get you. Good connectivity aka low ping? That would explain a lot.

My tip is to not play during primetime, my co is ok but really not that great (I tried to get fibre to stream but coz complicated problems I can't rn) and I suffer as much as everyone during primetime, I usually have around 100 ms when I'm not lagging.
    I tried to play a bit more in primetime these last weeks coz tbf I feel like it got a bit better even if I wouldn't call that playable still, I have a bit of hope for next patch.

But really, when it's laggy I either play Bgs, try to go for scrolls, I like to run them and usually it leads to some fun with the chat (especially AD side), or I hunt ballgroups by spamming bombard and drain their stamina, it feels so great to feel useful against a ballgroup as a soloplayer when their magicka characters can't keep up with stamina and it split the group, but at no moment I try to make precise stuff and tough 1vX, even if I manage to make one, it never feels great to know that you killed the guy just because he couldn't break free fast enough due to the game not working or similar stuff.
    Edited by Lybal on February 21, 2020 11:25PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Lybal, u're to pure for this game
    I hunt ballgroups by spamming bombard and drain their stamina, it feels so great to feel useful against a ballgroup as a soloplayer when their magicka characters can't keep up with stamina and it split the group

or nvm... there special place for ppl like u in hell :naughty:
    Edited by Jaxaxo on February 22, 2020 10:21AM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

Lybal, u're to pure for this game
    I hunt ballgroups by spamming bombard and drain their stamina, it feels so great to feel useful against a ballgroup as a soloplayer when their magicka characters can't keep up with stamina and it split the group

or nvm... there special place for ppl like u in hell :naughty:

I'm a stamblade main don't forget, I already lost my honor and part of my soul
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The experience i´ve made talking to competent ppl is: Most people that actually theorycraft won´t give you their build or only provide parts of it accidentally missing the important bits that actually make it work.

It´s what i do aswell. I don´t want ppl to zerg me with my own build.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    The experience i´ve made talking to competent ppl is: Most people that actually theorycraft won´t give you their build or only provide parts of it accidentally missing the important bits that actually make it work.

I wouldn’t bother hiding it, people still have to learn how to play the build, and by the time they do there’ll likely be a change.

Besides, most people don’t listen anyways. I’ve noticed a lot of people have very strong opinions about what’s best, even when they know next to nothing about anything. Anyone who thinks they’re an expert about everything without testing stuff like it’s a full time job is full of it.

Tryhard is I think the expression. I’m finding it’s not difficult to pick up almost any mag class and come out winning 60%+ of your BGs, but I’m sure if I spoke to people on the losing end they’d tell me I’m doing it all wrong.

Most people still think there was a dot meta, that should be proof enough for those who knew better.

I just keep the group cyrodiil stuff on the down low.... but even then I usually spill the beans hoping it’ll help your average pug improve. The gap between a really good ball group and a pug is so wide it’s almost unfair, and it’s almost all because of inexperienced healers.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 22, 2020 11:13PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use mist to kite onslaught as a magplar and a burst heal to try and recover. Now stamina are already faster and I’m snared while losing my own counter snare with ritual?

I swear sometimes it feels like the devs watch whatever spec I play and go: nerf that one!

That's not why ritual is getting snare removed. That one skill could snare entire zerg passing through breach and heal you. I've always sat at FD and use it that way to kill people and turn the tide of battle, and it happens quite often.

Now I will just use ice wall, but I am guessing ZOS wanted you to make the decision between a heal and a snare because currently on live you can run ritual of retribution and ice wall and cover a large area in the front and back of breach.

Add in Sellistrix with ritual of retribution and ice wall + icy rage/nova covering the breach and you have a very large area that players simply cannot get through no matter how tanky they are, or eventually get wiped by that tactic because they are getting snared, stunned, and taking a lot of damage from siege and the one player that can still jab.

It was cheese and that had to go honestly, and yes I play mag templar all the time. I'm not mad about it because I am the primary offender of that on PC NA and PC EU in BGs and in Cyrodiil and expected it to get nerfed eventually. I'm just surprised the stam variant of the same build has not been nerfed :D
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

The reason is simple! You can only explain what you use. Without the skill to use the build, it doesn't help much!

Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

That's not why ritual is getting snare removed. That one skill could snare entire zerg passing through breach and heal you. I've always sat at FD and use it that way to kill people and turn the tide of battle, and it happens quite often.

Now I will just use ice wall, but I am guessing ZOS wanted you to make the decision between a heal and a snare because currently on live you can run ritual of retribution and ice wall and cover a large area in the front and back of breach.

Add in Sellistrix with ritual of retribution and ice wall + icy rage/nova covering the breach and you have a very large area that players simply cannot get through no matter how tanky they are, or eventually get wiped by that tactic because they are getting snared, stunned, and taking a lot of damage from siege and the one player that can still jab.

It was cheese and that had to go honestly, and yes I play mag templar all the time. I'm not mad about it because I am the primary offender of that on PC NA and PC EU in BGs and in Cyrodiil and expected it to get nerfed eventually. I'm just surprised the stam variant of the same build has not been nerfed :D

Maybe, but the snare on dark was nerfed too so it’s 6m range or something short like that. It’s going to be a lot harder to kite anything as a magplar.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... @Iskiab you think there wasn’t a dot meta during the patch before they nerfed all dots by 40-50%?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wait... @Iskiab you think there wasn’t a dot meta during the patch before they nerfed all dots by 40-50%?

Nope.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair