Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Skyrim Dark Heart Confirmed for the next expansion at Game Awards

• Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should focus on graphics update with a new chapter. Make it a little better then it is now.
    Edited by Pajor on December 13, 2019 1:50PM
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    For those of you who don't see any point in going back to Skyrim because we went there in TESV, keep in mind the fact that Winterhold was destroyed before the events of that game, and is still standing during the events of ESO.

I get that not everyone is excited to return to Skyrim. But as someone who legitimately loves The Elder Scrolls' lore, the idea of getting to see what Winterhold was like when it was Skyrim's capital is friggin' exciting to me!

Just a tip: lower your expectations or you might get disappointed. We will be getting the rest of Skyrim. Winterhold is north of Windhelm or at least that is, where it should be. Remember, they messed up the map. Anyway, it is unlikely we will get Winterhold, when it is located in eastern Skyrim and the expansion is about western skyrim.

Well last chapter was about nothern elsweyr then we got souther elsweyr
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet trailer. Looks interesting.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Great. More dragons and nostalgia milking. *yawn*

What in that trailer even made you think "more dragons"?

Some people just garbage post for the sake of garbage posting, jfc.

yes...especially since they have basically done EVERY other region besides skyrim

What are Eastmarch and The Rift if not two of the regions that comprise Skyrim?

We’ve already been back to eastern Skyrim. People just seem to want to go back... more.

I’ll get behind this expansion just after they announce they’ll do the rest of mainland Morrowind.

Nords, Nords and more bloody Nords. Azura help us all.

Skyrim as less zone than morrowind so its skyrim turn

Beside all 9 region of tamriel got at lest a zone dlc/chapter/post release zone

Hight rock got orsinium and is now full with the exeption of the tini island of balfiera
    Alikir got craglorn an hew's bane
    Cyrodill got the gold coast an imperial city
    Summerset got summerset
    Valenwood was fully done in the base game
    Elsweyr got n/s elsweyr
    Black march got murkmire
    Morrowind got vvardefell
    Skyrim got a dungeon
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yes...especially since they have basically done EVERY other region besides skyrim

Um, Hammerfell?

Hew,s bane, craglorn?
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Abnur!
    Noooooooooo!!!!!!
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    They should have waited 1 year so they could make the Skyrim chapter to its 10th birthday.

Next year(2021) is also the 15th aniversary of oblivion like they released the morrowind chapter for 15th anivesary of the morrowind game
    Options
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oMg nOt SkYrIm aGaIn

Christ people, get off it. This isn't TES V, this is ESO - all evidence was pointing to Skyrim as the next expansion and even if it wasn't, it would happen at some point. I for one, I'm excited about this and the rest of you will probably buy it too; assuming the performance hasn't made you quit.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pajor wrote: »
    They should focus on graphics update with a new chapter. Make it a little better then it is now.

Do you mean like improved character/things models and higher resolution textures for the vast majority of people who don't run the game on a typewriter?
    Yeah, not gonna happen.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy more Lyris! :s
    Options
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing more of Skyrim in Eso, hopefully Winterhold, Whiterun and Malkarth. But more important for me would be bug and performance fixes please....
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, this doesn’t excite me. Perhaps it will surprise.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how this is "nostalgia milking" when that's pretty much what this entire game is, lol.

And where was this whining when Vvardenfell was released? That chapter was the most nostalgic thing they've done, dragons included.

Edit: Or with Gold Coast - Kvatch caused nostalgic EXCITEMENT - but no complaining... ???
    Edited by cyclonus11 on December 13, 2019 2:43PM
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, Hammerfell?

they need to save this for last to tie over to the release and story in TES VI - shall we bet?

Why? It was meant to point out that Skyrim isn't the only largely unexplored location on the map. Could have said Black Marsh too as that only have Shadowfen and a small dlc (Murkmire) to show it off. Skyrim has a lot more of itself ingame than that.

And yes Hammerfell could be TESVI. Or Black Marsh could. Or maybe we spend all of our time in VI in Oblivion or timetravelling. Or Akavir for all you or I know.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    I really, really hope they will EXPLOIT something else than dragons.

Fixed it for you.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I like how this is "nostalgia milking" when that's pretty much what this entire game is, lol.

And where was this whining when Vvardenfell was released? That chapter was the most nostalgic thing they've done, dragons included.

Edit: Or with Gold Coast - Kvatch caused nostalgic EXCITEMENT - but no complaining... ???

Sure, but let's not forget that TES V was by far the most successful title they made - probably one of the most successful games of all time. There are certainly a lot of long time Elder Scrolls fans here, but more than likely also many people who have only known Skyrim beforehand. So, I guess you can say that the Morrowind/Oblivion related zones were fanservice - the Skyrim chapter does seem to be a bit more commercially motivated to me, compared to that.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These cinematics make me want an Elder Scrolls movie.

They also make me really mad that there is not an officially licensed Elder Scrolls tabletop RPG yet. Because I would be running the crap out of that in a heartbeat and drop my current campaign like a hot potato for that...
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TES movie would be a terrible idea. It will probably brick the franchise.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I was kinda disappointed because I've played the absolute living hell out of Skyrim, but when I stop and think about it, it WILL be a completely new story set in a completely different era, and I love Blackreach. Yes they have milked Skyrim for all it's worth, but if you come at it with from a different perspective, it may not be so bad after all.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jenzi wrote: »
    At first I was kinda disappointed because I've played the absolute living hell out of Skyrim, but when I stop and think about it, it WILL be a completely new story set in a completely different era, and I love Blackreach. Yes they have milked Skyrim for all it's worth, but if you come at it with from a different perspective, it may not be so bad after all.

TES V Skyrim takes place about 1000 years after TESO. I doubt there's much overlap between the 2. And IMO Skyrim was the most dumbed down and conventional of the TES games. For example Morrowind didn't have voiced dialogue but it was much better written, the places looked really unique, and even with blocky graphics the scenery looked far more interesting than the generic one in Skyrim.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, but let's not forget that TES V was by far the most successful title they made - probably one of the most successful games of all time. There are certainly a lot of long time Elder Scrolls fans here, but more than likely also many people who have only known Skyrim beforehand. So, I guess you can say that the Morrowind/Oblivion related zones were fanservice - the Skyrim chapter does seem to be a bit more commercially motivated to me, compared to that.

Then why didn't they center the first expansions around it? Why did they wait 6 years? They were eventually going to have to touch Skyrim. It is a part of Tamriel, and a lot of it is missing from the map. It was inevitable.

I think these "nostalgia" complaints was always going to happen, whether they expanded Skyrim immediately after launch, now, or 5 years from now. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Options
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    What if he didn't die, he could absorbe the magic before
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somers23 wrote: »
    What if he didn't die, he could absorb the magic before

Well, Sai Sahan didn't have any problem with being left without a soul, Cadwell with being cut to pieces etc.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will hold judgement for more info. I have greatly enjoyed Skyrim and still play it (looking forward to more Beyond Skyrim mods!)

I'm more concerned with bug fixes and game performance, which they said will be coming Q1 2020. THAT I want want to know more about.
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why didn't they center the first expansions around it? Why did they wait 6 years? They were eventually going to have to touch Skyrim. It is a part of Tamriel, and a lot of it is missing from the map. It was inevitable.

I think these "nostalgia" complaints was always going to happen, whether they expanded Skyrim immediately after launch, now, or 5 years from now. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.

Well, they could have just made it a "normal" DLC zone, like Murkmire or Wrothgar, instead of a whole chapter. Everything this year was Elsweyr-centered, it'll probably be similar next year with Skyrim.

But I don't think that the nostalgia remarks are necessarily "complaining". Or, well, at least I am not complaining, I definitely am excited for this and happy to return to Skyrim. If I want to actually complain, there are other things that deserve it way more, like the still atrocious situation many PS4-players have to deal with.

But, I digress. I'm looking forward to Skyrim in any case. Here's hoping we really get a nice new skill line, that would be awesome!
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn, I played Skyrim for sooooo long...
    ZOS really wants me to do it AGAIN...???
    Then please bring on something NEW....
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More $$$ through milking nostalgia... It's already very tiresome for those of us who didn't play the single player games... :confused: Getting new stuff? Nah! Let's just get ESV v2.

Maybe, I'm minority on this but I am not thrilled when I see a viking-like character standing on a rock. It's generic, it's gimmicky, it's MEH!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyrim: Dark Standardization

Trust us guys. We have a plan for this game. A year long plan. It will be done by then. Trust us.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I'll stick to my modded Skyrim. I've learned the hard way that 1) the hype never quite delivers in this game, 2) performance is still atrocious despite cranking out over hyped content, 3) nostalgia only takes me so far.

But, I hope you all enjoy!!

Edited by The_Lex on December 13, 2019 4:45PM
    Options
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Just another half sized zone with closed houses, cities as public dungeons and a main story about saving the world from destruction.
    Vanilla game still has the most coesive storyline.

But this "is their biggest chapter yet, and something they've never done before, and they have many surprises, and many other claims announced with every chapter."
    Options