Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Skyrim Dark Heart Confirmed for the next expansion at Game Awards

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I truly hope ZOS has many of the bugs fixes and learns from previous chapter releases. Performance always takes a nose dive off the edge and they spend the next year fixing some bugs that broke or was “discovered” not to work correctly.

Fully expect they will be big marketing for ESO and Skyrim and to see a lot of people to join the game or come back because of it. Hope they beef up the servers for all the expected onslaught of people and not just when released but probably starting this spring as follow up to the new Chapter release. Or even this Christmas since they already announced we are going to Skyrim. Generally, we don’t learn where the next chapter is until the year it is released. The hype has started early for it. Expect a lot of people.

As far as what to expect I have no idea, but I would be surprised if we get the entire Skyrim map next year. Personally, I am excited about it but have tempered my expectation for it so as not to be disappointed when it does come and just enjoy the game for what it is. :)
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we assume 2 major zone releases and 1 major city in each and maybe 1-2 minor locations in each what would those be?

Chapter: Winterhold as the major city, Dawnstar secondary
    Q4 DLC: Skaal Village on Solstheim
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be the first chapter I buy for the overland

MW was for BG
    SE was for JC
    Elyswer had no hook so I didn't bother.

I'll get Skyrim regardless. pop is going to be epic after this one, people will come.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Inklings wrote: »
    DARK HEART of skyrim.

We arnt going back to TES5. We arnt gonna be dragon borns and most likely wont see any dragons flying in the skys. Those that cant see past one word in the title are gonna feel really dumb when they give us more info on jan 16th.

Skyrim is my least favorite tes game and I'm super excited about this chapter cause I know the lore and what happened during this time period. Skyrim was a whole different place then what we got in TES5. There is a lot they could give us to be excited about! I cant wait!

Only a minority of the detractors are talking about dragonborn stuff. It's mostly about being sick of Skyrim. Let's face it, Bethesda did saturate the market with Skyrim milking.

I mean, I know you and other streamers have a financial stake in the hype, but try to be calm.

Nah ill stay excited. I havent played skyrim since like 2013. Hearing the word Skyrim doesnt trigger me like it does some other people i guess. As for my financial stake in hype, streaming 2 hours a week doesnt make me very much money. Your assumptions about my private life are just as wrong as your assumptions about ZOS milking a Bethessda title to make money.
    I mean this MMO is in its 6th year. Skyrim is gonna have to come sooner then later at this point. If the name alone triggers you that much with out knowing ZERO info about whats coming with the chapter you should really step back from the forums cause the next months worth of hype around here might be more then ya can handle.

Of course there will be hype, but make no mistake that the hype will get mixed with rage about the performance issues that never get resolved and the extreme pendulum swings of balancing that have been the mainstay of last years' patches. Then again, the rage could drown out the hype (which, historically, is much more likely to happen). We'll see.

And, truth be told, Skyrim doesn't trigger me, per se. I still fire up my modded Skyrim from time to time (240 total mods). I'm getting ready for Skywind and Skyblivion. But if ZOS can get a handle on performance issues, I'll pay $15 and play the quest line if it looks interesting enough and then leave. If they take a year to work things out, well then I'll sit this one out. This is my issue: hype for a popular (albeit, saturated) title to the neglect of substantive performance improvements. "Hey, don't look at that bug...look at this nordic barrow instead."

Edited by The_Lex on December 16, 2019 5:19PM
    Options