The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Skyrim Dark Heart Confirmed for the next expansion at Game Awards

• Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who don't see any point in going back to Skyrim because we went there in TESV, keep in mind the fact that Winterhold was destroyed before the events of that game, and is still standing during the events of ESO.

I get that not everyone is excited to return to Skyrim. But as someone who legitimately loves The Elder Scrolls' lore, the idea of getting to see what Winterhold was like when it was Skyrim's capital is friggin' exciting to me!

Just a tip: lower your expectations or you might get disappointed. We are going to get the rest of Skyrim. Winterhold is north of Windhelm or at least that is, where it should be. Remember, they messed up the map. Anyway, it is unlikely that we will get Winterhold, when it is located in eastern Skyrim, while the expansion will be set in western Skyrim.

Edit: fixed the grammar.
    Edited by Vizikul on December 14, 2019 2:52AM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Skyrim fanboy milking, eh? I hope the plot is more interesting than the one in TESV; I never bothered completing the main story because it got boring real quick.
    Halcyon Black
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another half sized zone with closed houses, cities as public dungeons and a main story about saving the world from destruction.
    Vanilla game still has the most coesive storyline.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can finally see Winterhold in all its glory, ya!?!
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Great. More dragons and nostalgia milking. *yawn*

What in that trailer even made you think "more dragons"?

Some people just garbage post for the sake of garbage posting, jfc.

yes...especially since they have basically done EVERY other region besides skyrim

What are Eastmarch and The Rift if not two of the regions that comprise Skyrim?

We’ve already been back to eastern Skyrim. People just seem to want to go back... more.

I’ll get behind this expansion just after they announce they’ll do the rest of mainland Morrowind.

Nords, Nords and more bloody Nords. Azura help us all.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Less cats and lizards
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it's not that they're going back to Skyrim, it's that the rift and eastmarch are my least favorite ESO zones by far and I'm reluctant to be excited about what the "vision" is for the rest of Skyrim.

Plenty of other areas they could have chosen that have either never been in an ES game or haven't been revisited like the rest of Cyrodiil.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

yes...especially since they have basically done EVERY other region besides skyrim

The same people griping about Skyrim would be doing so even if it were released 5 years from now. At some point, if this game continues, the zone has to be touched, but still, people are going to complain because they hate nostalgia or something.

I don't hate nostalgia... I was very supportive of Morrowind chapter... The problem is Skyrim... I just find it so dull. Hopefully they will spice it with something else besides dragons and vikin.. Erm .. "Nords". I like the glowy mushrooms, a trip to the center of the earth sounds cool. Maybe something with Dwemers.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoroughly predictable and unimaginative.

I hope they can pull a really compelling story and zone together, rather than a tired retread that only caters to fanbois. Not optimistic.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, Hammerfell?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

I hope they can pull a really compelling story and zone together, rather than a tired retread that only caters to fanbois. Not optimistic.

I mean Skyrim here won't have dragons sooooooooo *shrug*

All of the characters in ESV are not alive (except Hakkon and Serana)

Skyrim is in a lot of political strife during this era, and The Reachmen are a massive part of that.

We will likely never get to see The Greybeards at the top of the Throat of the World. They have no need of us.

So, not sure how this could be a retread for "fanbois," but you do you.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, is the dark heart actually the heart of Llorkhan? Maybe we will see the dwemer after all :-) Im officially excited!

Trial against Anumidium!

I just hope they leave the dragons out of it ;-)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that explosion were visible to the other end of Tamriel, in Skyrim, then the Pelitine peninsula would have been incinerated. It would be something on the high megaton range, similar to the IRL "Tsar Bomba" from the early 1960s or a VEI 6-7 eruption like Krakatoa in the 1880s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNhYOmEgy0
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, After Morrowind, i am sure they have the capabilities to make a real intersting Skyrim for us. Part of it recognisable, part different. I am very happy.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, Hammerfell?

they need to save this for last to tie over to the release and story in TES VI - shall we bet?
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, looks a bit Dr. Strange like at 1min20sec....
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Excitement until you realise everything will get nerfed again even more and your character will be one patch closer to complete uselessness
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT ENDING WAS AMAZING ... I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT IT BUT AS SOON AS I SAW THE SNOW AND MOUNTAINS I KNEW..OMG
    PC EU
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

The same people griping about Skyrim would be doing so even if it were released 5 years from now. At some point, if this game continues, the zone has to be touched, but still, people are going to complain because they hate nostalgia or something.

I don't hate nostalgia... I was very supportive of Morrowind chapter... The problem is Skyrim... I just find it so dull. Hopefully they will spice it with something else besides dragons and vikin.. Erm .. "Nords". I like the glowy mushrooms, a trip to the center of the earth sounds cool. Maybe something with Dwemers.

See, I found Morrowind a snooze aside from the nostalgia factor. Snotty dunmer, lava, giant bugs. If I never see another giant mushroom it'll be too soon. To each their own. :)
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have waited 1 year so they could make the Skyrim chapter to its 10th birthday.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just surprised they confirmed Skyrim at the VGAs and didn't wait until next month.

But regardless, the zone content hasn't really been an issue with the last chapters, it's the lack and quality of game features. I'm curious if they'll announce something interesting in January, hopefully not another new class.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

Agree.

Not against going to those regions - just would like an ORIGINAL storyline that has no relation to TES V. So no more dragons (please god no more dragons); no dawnguard; no Vampire Lords and abso-bloody-lutely NO DRAGONBORN.

A good story, perhaps about The Reach, would be welcome. And I want to know what Meridia is up to & possibly ‘rescue’ Darien.

(And seeing as how I live in the UK, am having to get used to things happening that I might not like done to appeal to the lowest common denominator <sigh> )
    Edited by Hallothiel on December 13, 2019 11:50AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the trailer meant we would get Skyrim as a new zone, but then I remembered there already is a small part of it. Well, the entire Skyrim maybe? But no, dark Skyrim... wtf does that even mean.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos shows magic abilities on the cat, the breton dude and abnur, yet we dont have these abilities in game.

The nord hero needs an explanation as to how he escaped cold harbour. - Cold haba
    Edited by KillsAllElves on December 13, 2019 12:18PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever they do, I want Blackreach as a trial. Preferably along the same length and difficulty as Halls of Fabrication, my current favorite trial. Right amount of difficulty on normal. If nothing else have it be a public dungeon.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing that got my attention was Nord bro finding a way out of the soul gem.

Yeah. Also excited to finally get some hopefully decent looking nord motifs.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this does involve vampires, perhaps it could mark a return for Count Varandis Ravenwatch. Been wondering where he went to after sending the whatchamacallit to Coldharbour. Be nice to see him again.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone knew it back in 2014, it was just a matter of time.

Bring on the skyrim!

This exactly. I really doubt anyone was saying it was not going to happen.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really like the whole nostalgia milking that is clearly a part of this, it just seems very calculating. But on the other hand I can't help but still be hyped for this... damn you, my weak mind!

Maybe we'll get a bard college/bard skill line after all? Would be pretty neat.

Edited for grammar.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on December 13, 2019 2:06PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!