The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread still active and is the DK rep still trying to get feedback to the DEvs?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this thread still active and is the DK rep still trying to get feedback to the DEvs?

Devs actually accepting feedback? Hah, you're funny.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

what's funny?

we got poopfist now. isnt that what everyone's been asking???

/sarcasm
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

what's funny?

we got poopfist now. isnt that what everyone's been asking???

/sarcasm

Well the trial players seem very happy with it. Me, I just expected something more ... defining and unique. Maybe an AoE or maybe something that synergizes with dots. Anything really. A weak ranged spammable was probably the last thing on my list of expectations.

Needless to say I had really high expectations, so uh... my bad.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 2, 2019 4:40PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well the trial players seem very happy with it. Me, I just expected something more ... defining and unique. Maybe an AoE or maybe something that synergizes with dots. Anything really. A weak ranged spammable was probably the last thing on my list of expectations.

Not that it helps the stamdk dps Players that want to take their stamdk into a Trial since a tank can just Keep it up now that it is 3 stacks.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on December 2, 2019 6:36PM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Not that it helps the stamdk dps Players that want to take their stamdk into a Trial since a tank can just Keep it up now that it is 3 stacks.

I haven't paid any attention, not that I should but honestly if its not performing well in literally the only place it should perform well, then combat team should go on a vacation.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven't paid any attention, not that I should but honestly if its not performing well in literally the only place it should perform well, then combat team should go on a vacation.

Well it does the 135 dmg increase for every tick so that works fine it just doesnt do enough to bring stamdk up to top dps (or atleast no one I know Plays stamdk dps outside of providing the stagger). So it kinda performs but not well enough to make stamdk dps wanted as Long as your dk tank can comfortably provide the stacks.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well it does the 135 dmg increase for every tick so that works fine it just doesnt do enough to bring stamdk up to top dps (or atleast no one I know Plays stamdk dps outside of providing the stagger). So it kinda performs but not well enough to make stamdk dps wanted as Long as your dk tank can comfortably provide the stacks.

Its such a lazy bandaid fix anyways. And to think they promised ''class identity'' :joy:

Its not that they're inept and lazy , more like they want necromancer to overperform I guess.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 2, 2019 8:42PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its such a lazy bandaid fix anyways. And to think they promised ''class identity'' :joy:

Its not that they're inept and lazy , more like they want necromancer to overperform I guess.

Oh yeah I agree, makes me glad that they didnt promise templar "class identity" since thats my first main, dk Comes second so still kinda sucks that that was all that happened to stamdk.
  • jdmoonan
    jdmoonan
    ✭✭✭
    Alrighty Let me start out with this. I have been playing Magicka Dragon Knight sense about 1.5 and nothing else after trying the other classes. I have seen every nerf and buff to the class sense then. I only play this game because of DK and don't really care to play any other classes. One thing I have learned over the years is that Magicka DK since 1.5 has been nerfed into the ground. I see a whole lot more nerfs than buffs thats for sure.

The list of things I think needs to happen.

1. Stop nerfing mag dk abilities because stam dk is too strong. That is a stam issue, stamina has easy access to way more damage, and abilities get an increase in cost in the dk skill lines so stam dk can't use them. That needs to stop, fix stam getting free damage on immobile targets and fossilize wouldn't be such and issue and would need 5 nerfs.

2. Stop increasing costs to abilities, Mag dk abilities are way to high, this is where we were back in homestead, but we had cost reduction in cp so it wasn't as big of an issue, and battle roar wasn't nerfed into the ground. We cannot sustain a long fight, and the combustion passive is a horrible way of putting sustain in. If we are fighting a Dunmer or a Bosmer who have immunity to burning or poisoned status effect bye bye sustain.

3. Give reflect back. That wasn't a crutch needed to kill people, that dealt with free casters in the back line. Much like a templar is a hard counter to dk, dk was a hard counter to projectile spamming. Make light attacks unreflectable, there issue solved, make only skills the thing being reflected, reflect is how we dealt with frag and snipe, having low mobility, and no way out of a fight, this is what gave us a fighting chance in an outnumbered fight, and you took this away! Templar still has purify, Warden still have their "wings" which gives major heroism please, night blade has stealth and shade, Necro also has a purify.

4. Make mag dk dots unpurgeable, damage shouldn't be purgeable that needs to be healed through, purify should be only negative effects when I say negative effects, I mean debuffs. The fact that one button can make more than half your bar useless is ridicules. I would feel differently if there was any useful DD abilities I could use that didn't cost over 4k mag.

5. Make flame lash un-dodgeable, this was our only form of execute,, and you nerfed the range on fossilize by so much rolldodge spam is unkillable crap.

6. Finally give melee magicka classes magicka melee weapons. Staff is absolute crap, not to mention it's best passives only work work for staff abilities, which is stupid, look at 2h and dw, those passives are amazing! I am Dragon Knight, not a staff holding dress wearing sissy! Give me a 1 hander that does magic damage and let me keep my shield.

Thanks,

Jdmoonan The Fire Mage
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    jdmoonan wrote: »
    Alrighty Let me start out with this. I have been playing Magicka Dragon Knight sense about 1.5 and nothing else after trying the other classes. I have seen every nerf and buff to the class sense then. I only play this game because of DK and don't really care to play any other classes. One thing I have learned over the years is that Magicka DK since 1.5 has been nerfed into the ground. I see a whole lot more nerfs than buffs thats for sure.

1. Stop nerfing mag dk abilities because stam dk is too strong. That is a stam issue, stamina has easy access to way more damage, and abilities get an increase in cost in the dk skill lines so stam dk can't use them. That needs to stop, fix stam getting free damage on immobile targets and fossilize wouldn't be such and issue and would need 5 nerfs.

2. Stop increasing costs to abilities, Mag dk abilities are way to high, this is where we were back in homestead, but we had cost reduction in cp so it wasn't as big of an issue, and battle roar wasn't nerfed into the ground. We cannot sustain a long fight, and the combustion passive is a horrible way of putting sustain in. If we are fighting a Dunmer or a Bosmer who have immunity to burning or poisoned status effect bye bye sustain.

3. Give reflect back. That wasn't a crutch needed to kill people, that dealt with free casters in the back line. Much like a templar is a hard counter to dk, dk was a hard counter to projectile spamming. Make light attacks unreflectable, there issue solved, make only skills the thing being reflected, reflect is how we dealt with frag and snipe, having low mobility, and no way out of a fight, this is what gave us a fighting chance in an outnumbered fight, and you took this away! Templar still has purify, Warden still have their "wings" which gives major heroism please, night blade has stealth and shade, Necro also has a purify.

4. Make mag dk dots unpurgeable, damage shouldn't be purgeable that needs to be healed through, purify should be only negative effects when I say negative effects, I mean debuffs. The fact that one button can make more than half your bar useless is ridicules. I would feel differently if there was any useful DD abilities I could use that didn't cost over 4k mag.

5. Make flame lash un-dodgeable, this was our only form of execute,, and you nerfed the range on fossilize by so much rolldodge spam is unkillable crap.

6. Finally give melee magicka classes magicka melee weapons. Staff is absolute crap, not to mention it's best passives only work work for staff abilities, which is stupid, look at 2h and dw, those passives are amazing! I am Dragon Knight, not a staff holding dress wearing sissy! Give me a 1 hander that does magic damage and let me keep my shield.

Thanks,

Jdmoonan The Fire Mage

Also played magdk forever. Mostly only care about playing this class too. Mostly. This class just keeps getting gutted. In pvp our only damage skills seem to basically be whip. No joke. Fossilize, whip, leap. And leap is a freaking ult. That seems to be our class. And sustain. What sustain? It is a joke. Zos, go back and relook at magdk skill costs. It is absurd for what they do which is not much. Meanwhile wardens have a Betty netch providing a major buff, recovery, a small heal, and a cleanse FOR FREE! Magdk also has access to very few buffs that other classes gives. Our dot damage is absolute trash now. Whip range is trash. Fossilize range is trash. Leap is finally good. Wings is trash. The class really needs help, so if you guys ever decide to do anything about it, I would say start at sustain. I agree with everything this dude said.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

Jdmoonan The Fire Mage

I wouldn't make DK dots unpurgeable; that's too much. But making specifically the Power Lash proc undodgable would bring it in line with Molten Whip as a morph option, both still rewarding the setup needed to get full value.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks,

Jdmoonan The Fire Mage

You just don’t like staves lol. 8% damage is a good passive just for HOLDING a flame stick. A flame glyph on a flame stick weaving light attacks in Sun or Succession, is a LOT of damage...

I mean REALLY, you wanna role play or do you want to KILL people?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can i just buff up Stone Giant so it's on par/better than the cross-bow?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok Jd. you had a staff lol. Nvm. :)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    can i just buff up Stone Giant so it's on par/better than the cross-bow?

And then you'll meet a warden with shimmering shield... No, we need good melee spammable for stamDK, which will have synergy with increased melee range.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a change to Cauterize/Flames of Oblivion. It needs to provide prophecy for the duration, not just on one bar. Other classes get this buff.

I'd like also like them to delete the Earthen Heart skills apart from Petrify, they could replace Protective Scale with that. No one uses that dead skill anymore either.
    PC EU
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adjustment to coagulating blood. Give it something more useful than major fortitude.
    Maybe test cauterize at 9s make it 3s tick.
    Edited by DRTE on January 17, 2020 12:37PM
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a change to Cauterize/Flames of Oblivion. It needs to provide prophecy for the duration, not just on one bar. Other classes get this buff.

I'd like also like them to delete the Earthen Heart skills apart from Petrify, they could replace Protective Scale with that. No one uses that dead skill anymore either.

Hmmm, Petrify, Igneous shield and maybe ash cloud are OK. Problems are poop and molten

On the other hand it is the skill line with the best passives
    Edited by Xvorg on January 17, 2020 3:47PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Hmmm, Petrify, Igneous shield and maybe ash cloud are OK. Problems are poop and molten

Does anybody actually use Ash Cloud, though? Last I checked, I didn't even see healers run the healing morph of it, because the radius was so damn small.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does anybody actually use Ash Cloud, though? Last I checked, I didn't even see healers run the healing morph of it, because the radius was so damn small.

Magdk dps in pve can use it. The real challenge is to justify bringing a magdk when you could aswell bring a stamcro in that melee spot.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on January 17, 2020 4:55PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magdk dps in pve can use it. The real challenge is to justify bringing a magdk when you could aswell bring a stamcro in that melee spot.

I'd imagine that'd be even more uncommon now, since the great DoT nerfs and the great AoE cost increases, though.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd imagine that'd be even more uncommon now, since the great DoT nerfs and the great AoE cost increases, though.

Im using it Right now since i switched my pvp magdk to pve for TTT (main has it already so doing it on 2nd main Right now), but I dont have other dots leveled so I havent tried replacing it with other dots like Damage orb or something. Having the stam return is nice for 1st boss since you might Need to dodge multiple times but Dps wise blue orb might be better idk.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The best passives yes, that's why I said skills, only one of them is useful but only useful in PvP.
    PC EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Regarding poopfist we said many times the skill has no place in stamDK playstyle and the animation is awful. I think they got the point already and if they didn't, then we're wasting our time.

In the case of molten armaments however the solution is rather simple : if they don't want to buff or change this ability, then reduce the cost, drastically. When alternatives cost very little or nothing at all, the 4k cost for molten is obviously ridicilous.

Are good passives really an excuse to make god awful abilities though?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know about that. in some of the videos NefasQS has posted you see the groups DPS of the entire group and the MagDK has the highest DPS. Granted that is a very organized group.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

I don't know about that. in some of the videos NefasQS has posted you see the groups DPS of the entire group and the MagDK has the highest DPS. Granted that is a very organized group.

Magdk dps is Pretty good but as Long as you dont have 3 or 4 necros for rotating colossus you should Always bring a necro over a magdk.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if the Devs are still reading this thread- but here's a topic:

Why in the hell is ALL of our class abilities range-limited? They should have at least kept Obsidian Shard to reach 28 meters. NONE of the DK's class abilities benefit from the "Reach" passive in Cyrodiil. It doesn't make sense.

There is no other class has range limitations as the DK does. Period.

There is no paper/rock/scissors to a DK's range-limitation, either. For instance- since a DK cannot cast any class skills up to 28 meters... there should be a class that cannot cast any class within 7 meters. See what I mean? There's no scissors to our rock.

Could you imagine if Sorcs/NBs/Wardens/Templars/Necros couldn't cast any class skills within 7 meters? Outrage in the forums. So why is it acceptable to make DKs gimped so that we don't even have ONE ability that is truly ranged?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - get my point? Sure- take the stun from Stone Fist/Obsidian shard... but don't take the range, too. That's overnerfing.

EDIT: I realized that I just presented a problem without a solution. Obsidian shard should be restructured to 28 meters and perhaps given a "splash" damage (as the description states) like a Sorc's Mage's Wrath.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on January 18, 2020 4:14PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I wouldn't make DK dots unpurgeable; that's too much. But making specifically the Power Lash proc undodgable would bring it in line with Molten Whip as a morph option, both still rewarding the setup needed to get full value.

This and make Stone Giant un-dodgeable.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if the Devs are still reading this thread- but here's a topic:

Why in the hell is ALL of our class abilities range-limited? They should have at least kept Obsidian Shard to reach 28 meters. NONE of the DK's class abilities benefit from the "Reach" passive in Cyrodiil. It doesn't make sense.

There is no other class has range limitations as the DK does. Period.

There is no paper/rock/scissors to a DK's range-limitation, either. For instance- since a DK cannot cast any class skills up to 28 meters... there should be a class that cannot cast any class within 7 meters. See what I mean? There's no scissors to our rock.

Could you imagine if Sorcs/NBs/Wardens/Templars/Necros couldn't cast any class skills within 7 meters? Outrage in the forums. So why is it acceptable to make DKs gimped so that we don't even have ONE ability that is truly ranged?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - get my point? Sure- take the stun from Stone Fist/Obsidian shard... but don't take the range, too. That's overnerfing.

EDIT: I realized that I just presented a problem without a solution. Obsidian shard should be restructured to 28 meters and perhaps given a "splash" damage (as the description states) like a Sorc's Mage's Wrath.

I agree DK needs a 28-meter range damage skill outside of weapons skills. Major expedition would not hurt to have somewhere besides on one morph of chains that is a gap closer.