The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblades need their skills reverted back to how they were.

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I would somewhat agree with the other guy. Issue is moreso light attack weaving is integral to the class.

Everyone struggles with light attack weaving when they start. A class that requires light attack weaving to be as strong as other classes, leeching and merciless, just isn’t new player (or lag) friendly.

Tbh never found weaving too difficult.

Current meta is indeed very fiddly. To get that off balance from SA it has to be from stealth without light weave followed by heavy > incap > weave > spectral - etc. fiddlesome

It also means that the solo gank style, a distance away from allies is impaired. Maybe great for the qq brigade in other classes, but sucky sucky for us stealth people.

So if NB is now a class that is not accessible to all players then it is broken. Play as you like isn't happening. It doesn't mean everyone should excel but everyone should be able to play it.

An average player should be able to compete on fairly equal terms with another average player, taking into account the paper / scissor / stone of class uniqueness.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 2, 2019 9:41PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's put it this way.

On a stamblade, how are those group heals going? Oh...

Well, what about large ground aoes to use against that enemy team? Oh..

Well, let's charge across the field with our damage shields stacked. Oh...

At least the pvp ball group will take me...Oh...

It's a DK with flame lash -yeah I can totally burst that...Oh...

It's a necro will a million ground death aoes...Oh...

It's a sorc group. this'll be fun...Oh...

THis list could go on forever. Zos has a class that literally has to run from rock to rock to live. Hardly fair.

" To be clear, our goal is for every class to be viable, not necessarily optimal, in any role without heavily relying on non-class skill lines. "

Yeah right.
    Edited by merevie on November 2, 2019 9:49PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Let's put it this way.

THis list could go on forever. Zos has a class that literally has to run from rock to rock to live. Hardly fair.

Maybe they’ll change some healing abilities who knows. Issue is moreso that two patches ago magblades were the best pvp healers along with Wardens. They just buffed sorc and DK healers (the former weak ones) so they might buff magblade too since magblade’s now at the bottom. Thing is it might be design, ‘stealth class will have crappy heals’.

Issue is since magblade pvp healers were recently strong so a lot of people still think they’re strong, most people don’t even read patch notes much less keep up with changes. It’s like Stamblades who were cried about long after they were relatively balanced so the nerfs kept coming. The forums always take at least a couple of patches for opinions to catch up to reality.

The stam morph of sap is pretty good, but without enough self healing staying in melee is a death wish as a NB.

I also struggled like hell with weaving when I started. Most pve players are stuck around 30k so I’m pretty sure most people do.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 2, 2019 9:52PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    For anyone complaining about stamnb not being a viable class i advise taking a look into this thread.
    Almost any single problem mentioned in this post could be solved by getting better at the game or accepting the strengths of Stamnbs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499072/patch-5-2-5-pvp-tierlist/p1

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Then I may as well give up then. After playing nb successfully for 6 years its obviously now working as intended and I am the problem.

Have you checked what the linked post is about?
    For stamnb there's no excuse to say it's weak in solo play other than admitting that oneself isn't able to perform well on it.

The class isn’t weak but there’s this huge misconception on these forums that it’s some kind of god tier class which is just amazing at everything. The reality is that you have to be both exceptionally skilled and at times just plain lucky to hit the right combos to kill people quickly. When going up against experienced players who actually know what they’re doing you can feel the nerfs of the class plain as day. There’s a reason StamNB is one of the least played classes in the game now and it’s because it’s just not enjoyable to play like it used to be before half of it’s kit got removed.

The reason it's one of the least played class right now is because it has a HIGH skill ceiling. It takes a lot to master the class, just like uh... everything else? There's always to be that one class that people flock to when its strong. Only the people who took time to be good at their class will prevail.
    You say nb takes a lot to master just like everything else yet I hardly see people on nb only players I see on nb are ez ap for me. When I go in cyrodiil all I see mainly are dks and templars and a fair few wardens.

That’s because the class has mechanical issues. It needs work on functionality. Players experience this and drop the class for more function on others.
    Nightblades are discussed as if they simply had damage nerfs. Actually their functionality was hit very hard.

For example:

Major fracture: To apply it before, SA. Now, mark target - Alerts the enemy to defend and if you mark a 2nd target you grant a free purge to the 1st.
    That results in mark being a clumsy mess vs a group/Zerg. Much easier to tap 1 button on Dk/warden and apply it to an entire group and do damage. Being free doesn’t fix that.

Many Nightblade abilities suffered functional nerfs.

Requesting specific changes like major expedition on cripple instead of path. Major fracture on SA instead of MT. etc. are much easier to discuss. Why? These type of fixes won’t increase damage.

When simply asking for a “buff” to a class, the same players who campaigned for the nerfs return to argue ”buffs make it OP. Too much damage.” They’re a dedicated bunch. Plenty cases in point here.

Too focused on nerfed. It is true that SA had its fracture taken and even when it was present, you never see a nightblade running around in group play SA everyone to give major fracture to his teamate, same with MT now. If you could mark everyone, you can arguebale have infinte major berserk each time someone dies, and you almost never have to refresh because it is 30 secs. Ambush is aoe minor vunirability, good for group plays. Major expedition on path is for group play. Fear while it is nerfed, it still for group play. Healing ulti and much more. Try adjusting skills as you can't have everything at the same time as you have to make sacrifices, except if you are a warden.

Where did I mention anything about marking everyone?? The issue is switching targets with mark vs SA. You’re literally talking about group play. it’s unanimously agreed upon Nightblades are the worst for it. So to attempt to justify making the class worse at what its designed for by not making it better what at it’s awful for is a horrible approach.

More importantly, I spoke specifically about the nightblade facing a group. 1vX. You’re talking about group play, ambush, healing groups and fear. < nothing to do with what I mentioned.

You say I’m too focused on nerfed, huh? Perhaps we should both focus on the specific mechanics mentioned. Saying things like “you can’t have everything” is baseless. Especially when talking about completely different things.

Lota if nightblades 1 v x without any problems. You don't need major fracture to kill someone, it only makes it easier. I do agree that mark alarms people qnd notify them that they are being targetd, but that is only fair against someone you can't see. Why do I have hold block while going from keep to keep just because there is a mere chance that a nightblade could be lying around and I don't know about. Mark target is fair play against sneaky nightblades, you can thino of it as a downside if you are playing stealth. In 1vx and 1v1 situation, stamsorc, stamplars, and other classes kill eithout major fracture. Stamsorc have worst burst combo in the game and can still kill and 1vx without fracture. I do agree that warden and stam dka have it easy, and I alway with that all classes have access to major fracture/breach debuff. Also, while ambush is aoe minor vonuriability, it still apolies to 1 target and gives empower. Healing ulti is paet of your survivability kit, strongest healing ulti im the game that can save you in 1vx where tou get bounded by lots of dmg. If you want to effectively 1vx, swap shadowy disguise to dark cloak. Shadowy diaguise let you make mistakes and so kills you because you rely on it too much. Nightblade is very solid class in pvp. The more you let go lf shadowy disguise, the higher its skill cieling and more rewarding. I should not that for some reason, stamblade is better at 1v1 than 1vx and magblade is the opposite. Not sure why? I still believe that you can't have eveeything on your build with makeing sacrifices, otherwise, people will ask for nerfs because your class/build will be oo as heal. Much like magaorc 4 patches ago, dk 2-3 patches ago and stamden now.

I’m not sure where you are going with this. Too many assumptions. Focus on mechanics. Not what you ”believe” another player does. I made no mention of any playstyle or build. You’re making baseless critiques. And how you go from keep to keep is irrelevant.

Saying a class is OP, solid or bad is empty discussion. Let’s just address specific mechanics to keep it simple.

For Example

Major fracture: Mark - Bad ability. It can’t be justified by “because of stealth.” Why?
    1. stealth isn’t nightblade exclusive. All classes have access to it. 2. Some nightblades use dark cloak. SA should’ve retained major fracture.

Soul Shred: (The heal ult you mentioned) Has a cast time. That’s a functional issue.

Fixing issues like these don’t add damage. They nerfed the functionality of the class along with the damage. Most issues players are responding to are about function. The “it’s OP nerf crowd” refer to damage. That doesn’t apply here.
    Edited by Royalthought on November 2, 2019 10:03PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to lol at people who post here claiming that NBs are the “rogue” assassin-like class like they play in every other game, that’s supposed to kill other (usually unaware) players more quickly (easily) than other classes, and that they’re sad because they can’t do that here anymore. If that’s what you want, go play that rogue in other games. If that was true in ESO, everyone who wants easy kills and hates dying would play an NB (and historically has). ZOS has made it clear they want some semblance of balance between classes in PvP, with no class having a clear advantage over the others. If you’re not having as much fun on your NB because you can’t get as many easy kills, and cloak away when you bite off more than you can chew, maybe it’s time to finally git gud, rather than relying your (formerly) overtuned class.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I just have to lol at people who post here claiming that NBs are the “rogue” assassin-like class like they play in every other game, that’s supposed to kill other (usually unaware) players more quickly (easily) than other classes, and that they’re sad because they can’t do that here anymore. If that’s what you want, go play that rogue in other games. If that was true in ESO, everyone who wants easy kills and hates dying would play an NB (and historically has). ZOS has made it clear they want some semblance of balance between classes in PvP, with no class having a clear advantage over the others. If you’re not having as much fun on your NB because you can’t get as many easy kills, and cloak away when you bite off more than you can chew, maybe it’s time to finally git gud, rather than relying your (formerly) overtuned class.

Then why have we been doing it for six years and why do we have assassin guild in lore. Stealth and assassination are strong in ES lore. If you don't accept that maybe you should play another game?

You and a lot of other people also assume that rogue assassin is "easy kills"" and it really isn't because there are many counters and it is highly situational. The buzz from the rogue style is from pulling the sublime out of the seemingly impossible.

If it was easy kills it would be somewhat boring and against the ethos of what it is about.

And to be fair why the hell should we leave the game just because you say so? c'mon surely you see the error in that "git gud" bullcrud. We could all make up nonsense like this about every class style and it would equally be pointless.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 2, 2019 10:17PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why have we been doing it for six years and why do we have assassin guild in lore. Stealth and assassination are strong in ES lore. If you don't accept that maybe you should play another game?

You and a lot of other people also assume that rogue assassin is "easy kills"" and it really isn't because there are many counters and it is highly situational. The buzz from the rogue style is from pulling the sublime out of the seemingly impossible.

If it was easy kills it would be somewhat boring and against the ethos of what it is about.

And to be fair why the hell should we leave the game just because you say so? c'mon surely you see the error in that "git gud" bullcrud. We could all make up nonsense like this about every class style and it would equally be pointless.

This is what an “assassin” is by definition. Someone who stealthily kills an unaware opponent, with as little chance to fight back as possible. While I’m sure this is fun for the assassin, it’s very unfun for their victims, and is bad for competitive gameplay. If this is what you expect for NB gameplay, I understand why you’re upset with the changes ZOS has made to the NB class, but you shouldn’t expect them to change it back. People who play competitive games want to feel like they are playing on a somewhat level playing field.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Well news flash if you wanna be a casual gamer then Nb isn’t for you.

We can end the discussion here buddy.

Why? where does it say anywhere that NB is only for pro players?

Please explain your reasoning because your anti nb bias is getting tired buddy

How about this buddy:

"NB is supposed to be only for casual players so its not working as intended so it needs fixing.. Why? Because I said so and I know these things".

See how pointless and inaccurate that statement is buddy?

NB is like every other class, it is for everyone. If it is at a point, like you say buddy that it can only be played successfully by very good players then there is clearly something wrong.

NB has always been a class with a high skill cap. If you're great at the class, you can do things other classes cannot. Chaining skills on NB is more efficient compared to say, stamdk or stamsorc for example. The game evolves, and you need to adapt. I complained about dizzy swing being sh*t when they removed the stun, but now I can perfectly replicate old dizzy stun by adapting and practicing. I could go and qq on the forums, but no I chose to adapt and now I actually like the current dizzy more. Have you guys ever thought about how new SA might be better than old SA? The new SA does not apply a debuff, so you can slot another skill back bar to add the major fracture on top of the 5% physical pen. That's huge penetration. That's adapting. Complaining on the forums does nothing.

I'm not anti NB. I'm anti buffing a class that is already strong. You guys complain about NB not having fracture, nb not having enough survivability, but literally their defensive kit was untouched. Offensively sure they are not as potent as before, but they are still one of the best burst classes in the game. I don't know how many times i have to tell you that. Debating here is so useless. If you have any doubts, just hop in game and i will duel you with my nb, then you can see whether nb is weak or not.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what an “assassin” is by definition. Someone who stealthily kills an unaware opponent, with as little chance to fight back as possible. While I’m sure this is fun for the assassin, it’s very unfun for their victims, and is bad for competitive gameplay. If this is what you expect for NB gameplay, I understand why you’re upset with the changes ZOS has made to the NB class, but you shouldn’t expect them to change it back. People who play competitive games want to feel like they are playing on a somewhat level playing field.

I get what your saying, it is highly situational though and there are plenty of counters available to fight back. Stealth has been a feature of gaming from time and its not going away.

When I used to play LOTRO I remember the runs back to main fight, always with the risk of a warg pack coming out of stealth for a gank. At least in ESO NBs mainly play solo and dont band in packs. Alllow then their little piece of the pie :)

I get frustrated by some features of other classes but its paper / stone / scissor and what makes pvp interesting and can actually lead to some great fights.

You could say the same thing about xv1 taking out solo's, but hey thats pvp life

For me in ESO my greatest achievement has not been rank, ap or vet trials it was a solo KS of 113, those days are long gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn1gWZHNvL4&amp;t=2s
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 2, 2019 10:58PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Sorry OP but when You start Your post from saying You were playing stamina nb exclusively You loose lot of credibility.

Why?

Grass is always greener on the other side. People who don’t play other classes don’t have a good idea about what their own class is good at.

You also have a more difficult time seeing glaring deficiencies. My NB always felt weak, but I didn't realize just how underpowered the burst was until I jumped on my old Magsorc for sh!ts & giggles. I'm completely garbage at playing the Sorc, but the power felt godly compared to my Magblade. (And so much easier to use.) The Sorc isn't even geared that well either, (I basically leveled her & promptly forgot about her) while the Magblade is completely tricked out — still no contest.
    Edited by Langeston on November 3, 2019 12:25AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP but when You start Your post from saying You were playing stamina nb exclusively You loose lot of credibility.

Why?

The forums are full of biased players that always want their favorite class buffed and all others nerfed, with no thought for fairness or balance. Starting off by saying you only play one class, and then asking for buffs, makes you appear like one of these biased class advocates.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would somewhat agree with the other guy. Issue is moreso light attack weaving is integral to the class.

Everyone struggles with light attack weaving when they start. A class that requires light attack weaving to be as strong as other classes, leeching and merciless, just isn’t new player (or lag) friendly.

Tbh never found weaving too difficult.

Current meta is indeed very fiddly. To get that off balance from SA it has to be from stealth without light weave followed by heavy > incap > weave > spectral - etc. fiddlesome

It also means that the solo gank style, a distance away from allies is impaired. Maybe great for the qq brigade in other classes, but sucky sucky for us stealth people.

So if NB is now a class that is not accessible to all players then it is broken. Play as you like isn't happening. It doesn't mean everyone should excel but everyone should be able to play it.

An average player should be able to compete on fairly equal terms with another average player, taking into account the paper / scissor / stone of class uniqueness.

I have to disagree, just the fact that a certain class require more learning, it means it will not and should not perform like other classes. Someone spending 100hrs learning to play stamsorc should not perform same assomeone who plays magsorcfor 100hrs. Some classes are inherntly stronger than others. Only way to compare is through same class like if someone playing stamble 100+hrs vs 10hrs. Further more, I think friendly classes are harder to master than those that are not friendly, just because friendly classes do not enforce mechanics upon players same way as unfriendly ones like LA weaving. Most causals playing magsorc don't LA weave because nothing tells them to and they don't see benefit from it like nightblades were their sustain and burst is tied to LA weaving.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Let's put it this way.

" To be clear, our goal is for every class to be viable, not necessarily optimal, in any role without heavily relying on non-class skill lines. "

Yeah right.

Let's put it this way.

On a stamsorc, how are those group heals going? Oh...

It's a nightblade group. this'll be fun...Oh...

Yeah right.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    I don't know what you're all on about, I feel borderline op on my melee stamblade right now.

Could NB be more fun/have more depth to it? Sure.

But there's no denying nothing rivals NB survivability/single target burst*, and that's fine - the "everything must be equal in everything" mentality has done enough harm already.

*Yes, other classes can line up more burst - on a stationary target dummy. The ease of dropping burst combos from cloak is on a whole another level to trying to time multiple abilities to land together & hoping none of it gets blocked/dodged.

So I'm fine with how things are right now (except maybe Incap cast time - that still doesn't feel right).

If I want to play a single target assassin I log my stamblade, if I want an AoE monster I log my stam sorc. Makes sense.

Last thing I'd want is to play some overpowered carry class because people asked for buffs on something that doesn't necessarily need buffs.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said nothing rivals nb survivability lmfao fight a good magplar and then come back here we will see how much cloak helps you survive looool 😂

I run 3 Swift+Steed & Elude so magplars are hardly a problem... if you're having problems with magplars I'd suggest increasing your movement speed so you can quickly get out of sweep range & cloak safely.

Alternative to that would be always having Shadow Image down, though I personally prefer just getting high movement speed & using the skill slot for something else (high movement speed works better with the "no gap closer" playstyle anyway).

ill ask. do you need ambush with that move speed?
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Why does a NB have to be “stealthy”? What if I run the other morph of cloak and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak when the best NBs I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all.

Why does a NB Sorc have to be "stealthy" “magicky”? What if I run the other morph of cloak melee weapons & a bow and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak the theme of their class when the best NBs players I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all are darn solid players that would likely be fantastic at any class.

FTFY.

I'll answer your question with a question, and then I'll answer my own question.

Q: Why is there an entire genre of games centered around stealth? (Gunpoint, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Thief series, Deus Ex series, etc, etc.)

A: Because it has been a hugely popular style to play for almost 30 years & many people enjoy playing it.

If I wanted to "brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack" I'd roll a DK or Templar — it'd be a hell of lot easier. However I don't find that playstyle nearly as enjoyable, so I don't. I've played as a stealthy character in every game I had the option to ever since I was a kid. ("Quest For Glory: So You Want to be a Hero" was my first taste — it came out in 1989, but I played the remake in the 90s.) Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean other people don't.

Thank you. Some people apperantly having a hard time understanding this.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

The forums are full of biased players that always want their favorite class buffed and all others nerfed, with no thought for fairness or balance. Starting off by saying you only play one class, and then asking for buffs, makes you appear like one of these biased class advocates.

But there are no terms of service that say a person has to pvp with multiple characters.

This is just your interpretation of the OP and doesnt't make it fact or enlighten on mechanics..
    Hew's Bane*
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont main nb but I always thought it was funny when people call them cowards for using a class skill.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    I don't know what you're all on about, I feel borderline op on my melee stamblade right now.

Could NB be more fun/have more depth to it? Sure.

But there's no denying nothing rivals NB survivability/single target burst*, and that's fine - the "everything must be equal in everything" mentality has done enough harm already.

*Yes, other classes can line up more burst - on a stationary target dummy. The ease of dropping burst combos from cloak is on a whole another level to trying to time multiple abilities to land together & hoping none of it gets blocked/dodged.

So I'm fine with how things are right now (except maybe Incap cast time - that still doesn't feel right).

If I want to play a single target assassin I log my stamblade, if I want an AoE monster I log my stam sorc. Makes sense.

Last thing I'd want is to play some overpowered carry class because people asked for buffs on something that doesn't necessarily need buffs.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said nothing rivals nb survivability lmfao fight a good magplar and then come back here we will see how much cloak helps you survive looool 😂

I run 3 Swift+Steed & Elude so magplars are hardly a problem... if you're having problems with magplars I'd suggest increasing your movement speed so you can quickly get out of sweep range & cloak safely.

Alternative to that would be always having Shadow Image down, though I personally prefer just getting high movement speed & using the skill slot for something else (high movement speed works better with the "no gap closer" playstyle anyway).

ill ask. do you need ambush with that move speed?

You don't, that's one of the main reasons to run high movement speed.

Ambush hasn't been a skill worth slotting ever since they made it break cloak & thus ruined any combo potential it once had.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All stealth based rogues are nightblades. Not all nightblades are stealth based rogues.

Like it or not nightblades were never exclusively meant to be played around the function of cloak and explosive damage from stealth. That is only one aspect of them. People have been playing non stealth based nbs since day one. Nbs are just as much ranged life draining casters and heavy armored dark knights as they are stealth gankers.

Just wanted to clear that up for you.
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm what was it that nighblades were saying when other classes were geting nerfed..... Your salty tears sustain us? More nerfs for nightblades i say!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    All stealth based rogues are nightblades. Not all nightblades are stealth based rogues.

Like it or not nightblades were never exclusively meant to be played around the function of cloak and explosive damage from stealth. That is only one aspect of them. People have been playing non stealth based nbs since day one. Nbs are just as much ranged life draining casters and heavy armored dark knights as they are stealth gankers.

Just wanted to clear that up for you.

Say it loud and clear for the people in the back row. 👏🏻
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s sad seeing so many other players who main nb either leaving the game or being forced to create other classes just to be able to be viable in today’s game
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off I have played a stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game. I have no interest in playing a different class. I have adapted to every patch and normally I say it’s a learn to play issue. But now our nerfs have just made us virtually unable to compete in today’s pvp meta.

First off let’s describe the concept of the nightblade. It’s a stealthy rogue/mage that uses the power of the shadows to attack its targets. That means that it’s not the kind of class that had running around in clunky heavy armor wielding a battle ax screaming into battle. It was meant to be a strategic striker. Meaning you chose your target you attack swiftly and get out. It wasn’t meant for 1v X in the same way that a dk or a Templar can 1 v x it requires a lot of strategy to split up your opponents and get them by themselves.

Now in today’s heavy dot meta pvp is full of large groups. And let’s face it ganking is not much of a thing today. The forums are full of people saying that they hardly see nbs running around and the few that are, are the ones like me who refuse to give up. Because we love the class. However now the class isn’t all that fun to play now that it’s identy has been stripped and a new identity has been thrust down our throats.

So many people have cried that one nb was able to burst them down and to be honest that’s what it’s intended to do. If you were with friends more than likely you were fine. The combined buffs and aoes and heals your friends contributed made a nb gank much more likely to fail. And if that nb managed to split you all up and kill 3-4 of you more than likely that was due to them being skilled and you and your group making a strategic error not to stay together.

Now we have among the weakest class skills in the game. Some of which don’t even make sense to the class
    •incap- removed the stun and major defile and replaced with a silence that has virtually no impact in combat and many nbs choose not to wait that long to get 120 ulti - this skill has one of the shortest ranges at 5 meters is dodgeable, blockable, misses often and is single target. Which means it was meant to have extreme effect on the one target you fight again. Nothing was more satisfying than when your incap landed and you saw your target get knocked flat on the ground. This skill made it so when used a target had to quickly react to not get bursted down. Now however most classes can shrug it off no big deal. There are other class ultimates that do considerably more damage and have greater impact than this single target ulti. Dragon leap undodgable unblockable does insane damage and knocks back. Templar crescent sweep is an aoe does 60% more damage to everyone hit and is instant cast and has a dot meaning it’s virtually undodgable due to its 8 meter range. Warden has that blizzard skill again a large damaging aoe that is virtually undodgable and stuns the target, sorc has overload which I will admit needs a rework due to how easy it is to dodge but they have other skills that make them op with shields and how easy it is to mitigate damage

Next we have surprise attack- again a skill that had great spammable potential. Stunned from stealth and applied major fracture to your target. This skill was single target and again limited range. This spammable requires both the magic and stam nb to be up close in a targets face which to mag class is not recommended. Now this skill no longer applies major fracture which was great against the heavy armor meta and is instead gifted the terrible 5% armor reduction if attacking from a flanking position. Which at most means that if your fighting a target with 30k armor your only removing 1500 of that armor. And even less if they are running around 15k and 20-25k making this spammable not very impactful. Compared again to Templar’s jabs which again do huge damage, was a dot direct damage hybrid which is now going to be instead buffed by the other direct damage buffs making it stronger, it slows the target has a huge range and cone of effect making dodging very difficult
    All other class spammable sad far as dk whip warden cliff racer sorcs frags and necros blast bones all have far more impact and range than the nbs single target spammable.

I could go further and complain about the nerfs to relentless and how it’s removal of minor berserk and minor endurance being replaced with damage mitigation or how our gap closer no longer stuns or is even reliable seeing as half the time I have to recast the skill 3-4 times before I actually teleport to my target. (Minor vulnerability is however a welcome buff.)

At the end of the day every other class has much more effective ultimates, spammables, gap closers and buffs than nb and nbs have also suffered ninja nerfs due to the global nerfs to bonus damage from stealth crit resistance negating most of our stealth attacks which only hit harder because of stealth and the fact that our cloak is broken by sooo many skills. Nb has so many useless skills that many don’t even use from the siphoning tree or shadow tree as there are other faction skills that are more effective versions of our class skills that all other classes have access too.

6w3K3c8.png
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I have played a stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game. I have no interest in playing a different class. I have adapted to every patch and normally I say it’s a learn to play issue. But now our nerfs have just made us virtually unable to compete in today’s pvp meta.

First off let’s describe the concept of the nightblade. It’s a stealthy rogue/mage that uses the power of the shadows to attack its targets. That means that it’s not the kind of class that had running around in clunky heavy armor wielding a battle ax screaming into battle. It was meant to be a strategic striker. Meaning you chose your target you attack swiftly and get out. It wasn’t meant for 1v X in the same way that a dk or a Templar can 1 v x it requires a lot of strategy to split up your opponents and get them by themselves.

Now in today’s heavy dot meta pvp is full of large groups. And let’s face it ganking is not much of a thing today. The forums are full of people saying that they hardly see nbs running around and the few that are, are the ones like me who refuse to give up. Because we love the class. However now the class isn’t all that fun to play now that it’s identy has been stripped and a new identity has been thrust down our throats.

So many people have cried that one nb was able to burst them down and to be honest that’s what it’s intended to do. If you were with friends more than likely you were fine. The combined buffs and aoes and heals your friends contributed made a nb gank much more likely to fail. And if that nb managed to split you all up and kill 3-4 of you more than likely that was due to them being skilled and you and your group making a strategic error not to stay together.

Now we have among the weakest class skills in the game. Some of which don’t even make sense to the class
    •incap- removed the stun and major defile and replaced with a silence that has virtually no impact in combat and many nbs choose not to wait that long to get 120 ulti - this skill has one of the shortest ranges at 5 meters is dodgeable, blockable, misses often and is single target. Which means it was meant to have extreme effect on the one target you fight again. Nothing was more satisfying than when your incap landed and you saw your target get knocked flat on the ground. This skill made it so when used a target had to quickly react to not get bursted down. Now however most classes can shrug it off no big deal. There are other class ultimates that do considerably more damage and have greater impact than this single target ulti. Dragon leap undodgable unblockable does insane damage and knocks back. Templar crescent sweep is an aoe does 60% more damage to everyone hit and is instant cast and has a dot meaning it’s virtually undodgable due to its 8 meter range. Warden has that blizzard skill again a large damaging aoe that is virtually undodgable and stuns the target, sorc has overload which I will admit needs a rework due to how easy it is to dodge but they have other skills that make them op with shields and how easy it is to mitigate damage

Next we have surprise attack- again a skill that had great spammable potential. Stunned from stealth and applied major fracture to your target. This skill was single target and again limited range. This spammable requires both the magic and stam nb to be up close in a targets face which to mag class is not recommended. Now this skill no longer applies major fracture which was great against the heavy armor meta and is instead gifted the terrible 5% armor reduction if attacking from a flanking position. Which at most means that if your fighting a target with 30k armor your only removing 1500 of that armor. And even less if they are running around 15k and 20-25k making this spammable not very impactful. Compared again to Templar’s jabs which again do huge damage, was a dot direct damage hybrid which is now going to be instead buffed by the other direct damage buffs making it stronger, it slows the target has a huge range and cone of effect making dodging very difficult
    All other class spammable sad far as dk whip warden cliff racer sorcs frags and necros blast bones all have far more impact and range than the nbs single target spammable.

I could go further and complain about the nerfs to relentless and how it’s removal of minor berserk and minor endurance being replaced with damage mitigation or how our gap closer no longer stuns or is even reliable seeing as half the time I have to recast the skill 3-4 times before I actually teleport to my target. (Minor vulnerability is however a welcome buff.)

At the end of the day every other class has much more effective ultimates, spammables, gap closers and buffs than nb and nbs have also suffered ninja nerfs due to the global nerfs to bonus damage from stealth crit resistance negating most of our stealth attacks which only hit harder because of stealth and the fact that our cloak is broken by sooo many skills. Nb has so many useless skills that many don’t even use from the siphoning tree or shadow tree as there are other faction skills that are more effective versions of our class skills that all other classes have access too.

^
    hqdefault.jpg