The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nightblades need their skills reverted back to how they were.

• Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you're all on about, I feel borderline op on my melee stamblade right now.

Could NB be more fun/have more depth to it? Sure.

But there's no denying nothing rivals NB survivability/single target burst*, and that's fine - the "everything must be equal in everything" mentality has done enough harm already.

*Yes, other classes can line up more burst - on a stationary target dummy. The ease of dropping burst combos from cloak is on a whole another level to trying to time multiple abilities to land together & hoping none of it gets blocked/dodged.

So I'm fine with how things are right now (except maybe Incap cast time - that still doesn't feel right).

If I want to play a single target assassin I log my stamblade, if I want an AoE monster I log my stam sorc. Makes sense.

Last thing I'd want is to play some overpowered carry class because people asked for buffs on something that doesn't necessarily need buffs.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does a NB have to be “stealthy”? What if I run the other morph of cloak and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak when the best NBs I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 1, 2019 5:22PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    I don't know what you're all on about, I feel borderline op on my melee stamblade right now.

But there's no denying nothing rivals NB survivability/single target burst*, and that's fine - the "everything must be equal in everything" mentality has done enough harm already.

*Yes, other classes can line up more burst - on a stationary target dummy. The ease of dropping burst combos from cloak is on a whole another level to trying to time multiple abilities to land together & hoping none of it gets blocked/dodged.

So I'm fine with how things are right now (except maybe Incap cast time - that still doesn't feel right).

If I want to play a single target assassin I log my stamblade, if I want an AoE monster I log my stam sorc. Makes sense.

Last thing I'd want is to play some overpowered carry class because people asked for buffs on something that doesn't necessarily need buffs.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said nothing rivals nb survivability lmfao fight a good magplar and then come back here we will see how much cloak helps you survive looool 😂
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Nightblades definitely need some work. It’s single target damage is rivaled by AoE classes.

Looking at these posts..... Balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics.

Not YouTube montages ;)

Which the person in the video does have while many in this thread don’t. See the problem?

Are you under the impression that insults and character assassination makes you opinion more valid?

If you know someone in this thread personally, address them by name. If you actually don’t, you’re coming across as having an agenda tbh.

Insults and character assassination? A bit dramatic don’t you think? I don’t know this person but come on....they didn’t insult anyone lol.
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    cloak not being invis.

Wut?

lol, was hoping that would sneak through, it is the worst skill in the game though.

Kind of showing your true colours there mate of what you think about NB play style ;)

Correct! I think its crap used by trolls.

90% of NB players are bad and need the old OP crutches, the other 10 can still make it work now that it has been brought into line, only thing left to get nerfed is cloak.

90% of NB fights I have are boring playing hide and seek, I mostly just ignore cloaking NB's now that 90% of NB players cant use them and their damage is like the buzzing of flies.

Cloak did get nerfed. It used to purge DoTs completely.

Though I would agree to an extent there are a lot of bad NB’s out there, really, there are a lot of bad players out there in general.

If 90% is what you truly believe, than such a high number simply couldn’t be just bad players, unless it’s equal across the board, as it would statistically improbable the other way around. Meaning 90% of DK’s are bad, 90% of sorcs are bad, and so on. If that is not the case and you only believe the NB class has a majority of bad players, then there is clearly something else going on. Either you’re being disingenuous or there really is something wrong with the class and that’s the real reason people seem bad with it.

You also contradict yourself. You claim most NB’s need their old crutches and they can’t kill anyone without those crutches, yet they also NB’s hit like flies and you’re just so damn amazing you shrug them off and don’t bother with them. One statement points towards a player issue, other points to a class issue. So which is it?

And what do you mean by crutches? What crutches? Everything NB lost NB still has access to using skills outside of class skills. Rally gives minor endurance, mark or ransack for breach, and minor berserk from evil hunter. Cloak is still fine and only bad players can’t counter it.

The class is fine, by the way. At least in my humble opinion. It’s actually balanced compared to some of the other classes.

Ill clarify as a lot of what I wrote was just to antagonise QQ NB players as they get butthurt very easy.

When a NB player is bad they try to burst from stealth then when it doesn't work they try to cloak away so the fight becomes a battle of not letting them escape via cloak, or sniping from 40m away and as soon as you turn to face them they cloak away.
    A bit of both regarding player or class issue, there are some things that need a tweek for NB ill agree but you have to be careful purely because of cloak.

Countering cloak for 90% NB (yes 90% :)) is not a problem but in the hands of a good player it is very strong.

In pve its fine.
    Edited by Stebarnz on November 1, 2019 5:17PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades definitely need some work. It’s single target damage is rivaled by AoE classes.

Looking at these posts..... Balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics.

Not YouTube montages ;)

Which the person in the video does have while many in this thread don’t. See the problem?

Are you under the impression that insults and character assassination makes you opinion more valid?

If you know someone in this thread personally, address them by name. If you actually don’t, you’re coming across as having an agenda tbh.

Insults and character assassination? A bit dramatic don’t you think? I don’t know this person but come on....they didn’t insult anyone lol.
    cloak not being invis.

Wut?

lol, was hoping that would sneak through, it is the worst skill in the game though.

Kind of showing your true colours there mate of what you think about NB play style ;)

90% of NB players are bad and need the old OP crutches, the other 10 can still make it work now that it has been brought into line, only thing left to get nerfed is cloak.

90% of NB fights I have are boring playing hide and seek, I mostly just ignore cloaking NB's now that 90% of NB players cant use them and their damage is like the buzzing of flies.

Though I would agree to an extent there are a lot of bad NB’s out there, really, there are a lot of bad players out there in general.

If 90% is what you truly believe, than such a high number simply couldn’t be just bad players, unless it’s equal across the board, as it would statistically improbable the other way around. Meaning 90% of DK’s are bad, 90% of sorcs are bad, and so on. If that is not the case and you only believe the NB class has a majority of bad players, then there is clearly something else going on. Either you’re being disingenuous or there really is something wrong with the class and that’s the real reason people seem bad with it.

You also contradict yourself. You claim most NB’s need their old crutches and they can’t kill anyone without those crutches, yet they also NB’s hit like flies and you’re just so damn amazing you shrug them off and don’t bother with them. One statement points towards a player issue, other points to a class issue. So which is it?

And what do you mean by crutches? What crutches? Everything NB lost NB still has access to using skills outside of class skills. Rally gives minor endurance, mark or ransack for breach, and minor berserk from evil hunter. Cloak is still fine and only bad players can’t counter it.

The class is fine, by the way. At least in my humble opinion. It’s actually balanced compared to some of the other classes.

Ill clarify as a lot of what I wrote was just to antagonise QQ NB players as they get butthurt very easy.

When a NB player is bad they try to burst from stealth then when it doesn't work they try to cloak away so the fight becomes a battle of not letting them escape via cloak, or sniping from 40m away and as soon as you turn to face them they cloak away.
    A bit of both regarding player or class issue, there are some things that need a tweek for NB ill agree but you have to be careful purely because of cloak.

Countering cloak for 90% NB (yes 90% :)) is not a problem but in the hands of a good player it is very strong.
    You should have made that a little more clear because cloak spammers are annoying af but no way they should be reason cloak gets nerf because they are bad players and won’t ever be able to kill anyone I recommend detection pots that’s how I flush these noobs out.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stopped taking you seriously when you said nothing rivals nb survivability lmfao fight a good magplar and then come back here we will see how much cloak helps you survive looool 😂

I run 3 Swift+Steed & Elude so magplars are hardly a problem... if you're having problems with magplars I'd suggest increasing your movement speed so you can quickly get out of sweep range & cloak safely.

Alternative to that would be always having Shadow Image down, though I personally prefer just getting high movement speed & using the skill slot for something else (high movement speed works better with the "no gap closer" playstyle anyway).
    Edited by Decimus on November 1, 2019 5:28PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not having problems with magplars i said to you fight a good magplar you know the ones you often see 1v1 in stormhaven or playing solo small scale etc I’m sure what ever platform ur on there’s a magplar main.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run 3 Swift+Steed & Elude so magplars are hardly a problem... if you're having problems with magplars I'd suggest increasing your movement speed so you can quickly get out of sweep range & cloak safely.

Alternative to that would be always having Shadow Image down, though I personally prefer just getting high movement speed & using the skill slot for something else (high movement speed works better with the "no gap closer" playstyle anyway).
    And of course I play shade and cloak tho with swift jewellery and steed Mundas I can’t imagine ur bursting anyone half decent that’s a lot of damage gone using swift.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 1, 2019 5:35PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What sets you run with this setup to maintain resource and damage? thx.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And of course I play shade and cloak tho with swift jewellery and steed Mundas I can’t imagine ur bursting anyone half decent that’s a lot of damage gone using swift.

Actually the burst is so good I dropped Relentless entirely this patch in favour of more sustain/heals via Leeching Strikes, and still usually wind up #1 in not just kills/assists but often also dmg done in BGs. You don't have to take my word for it, I stream these BGs several times a week.

Also, if you're not having problems with magplars why even bring them up? Kinda confused here.

The only time I've died to a magplar in this patch was when I got jebaited & knocked down the edge by a javelin (spent the rest of that BG hunting the ***** lmao).
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What sets you run with this setup to maintain resource and damage? thx.

Damage comes from 2 Slimecraw (frees up a skill slot when you don't need to slot camo hunter, more valuable than Troll King or Bloodspawn imo), 5 Sunderflame & 5 New Moon's Acolyte, but the sustain comes mostly from the playstyle of using mainly heavy weaves (lots of sustain when cloak heavy SA puts the off balance on your opponent, meaning +75% dmg & double resources from heavy attacks).
    Edited by Decimus on November 1, 2019 6:46PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually the burst is so good I dropped Relentless entirely this patch in favour of more sustain/heals via Leeching Strikes, and still usually wind up #1 in not just kills/assists but often also dmg done in BGs. You don't have to take my word for it, I stream these BGs several times a week.

Also, if you're not having problems with magplars why even bring them up? Kinda confused here.

The only time I've died to a magplar in this patch was when I got jebaited & knocked down the edge by a javelin (spent the rest of that BG hunting the ***** lmao).
    Sorry don’t think to say I’m on console so we haven’t had the patch yet magplars still godlike. I brought magplars up because right now I can’t x more thn 1 even half decent magplar because there damage is broken I can kill the majority in 1v1 but magplar mains I just get deleted.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 1, 2019 6:57PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revert reflective plate and we can talk about it
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry don’t think to say I’m on console so we haven’t had the patch yet magplars still godlike. I brought magplars up because right now I can’t x more thn 1 even half decent magplar because there damage is broken I can kill the majority in 1v1 but magplar mains I just get deleted.

If you're on console that explains a lot.

Magplars are far from what they used to be in previous patch... no more getting rooted every time you hit them, no more 8k+ Purifyings because a few people had DoTs on you.

All they really have is gap closer+crescent as burst if you're kiting properly. Still annoying as healbots though.

Stamblade on the other hand has more damage than in previous patch thanks to New Moon's Acolyte and more survivability as DoTs got toned down across the board (one of the few things that could deal undodgeable dmg when you're kiting).
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that most nb's are bad players. Why is this? Well, the first class a lot of people choose is nb, if you start on it and never do another class, while crutching on cloak, dodge, and/or bowspam, you will always be bad...except to you, you "win" a lot because you get kills and don't die a ton.

The fact of the matter is, as far as pvp, excluding large zerg fights, nb, specifically stam, is the easiest class to get kills AND survive on. By far.

A bad player on nb (with decent gear) can still easily kill an average player on just about any class. And probably a 50/50 vs decent players honestly.

The best stamblades are usually people that are pretty op on other classes...because they know how to survive without roll dodge->vigor->cloak.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that most nb's are bad players. Why is this? Well, the first class a lot of people choose is nb, if you start on it and never do another class, while crutching on cloak, dodge, and/or bowspam, you will always be bad...except to you, you "win" a lot because you get kills and don't die a ton.

The fact of the matter is, as far as pvp, excluding large zerg fights, nb, specifically stam, is the easiest class to get kills AND survive on. By far.

A bad player on nb (with decent gear) can still easily kill an average player on just about any class. And probably a 50/50 vs decent players honestly.

The best stamblades are usually people that are pretty op on other classes...because they know how to survive without roll dodge->vigor->cloak.

There certainly is a lot of made up bull-crap on this thread.

The notion that "bad players" somehow navigate to playing a particular class, what a load of guff.

On one hand its an easy class for bad players to get kills and on the other the reason you cant play NB is because you are bad players.

Opinion based on pretensions and preconceptions spouted to make people feel good about themselves.

The total nonsense that people come up with to justify their own silly behaviour always amazes me.

Stereotype - a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

Why even bother - Jees
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 1, 2019 7:48PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what your saying is sniker who by the way is one of the best stamblade I know is a bad nb because he plays cloak? What bs is this lol. Nb is a rogue they are suppose to have cloak hit hard get a kill then disappear they are not suppose to take damage sure there are builds that do that but they will never be as good at taking damage as a dk. Most new players run a templar because it’s bis for group play.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 1, 2019 8:02PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    For anyone complaining about stamnb not being a viable class i advise taking a look into this thread.
    Almost any single problem mentioned in this post could be solved by getting better at the game or accepting the strengths of Stamnbs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499072/patch-5-2-5-pvp-tierlist/p1

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Then I may as well give up then. After playing nb successfully for 6 years its obviously now working as intended and I am the problem.

Have you checked what the linked post is about?
    For stamnb there's no excuse to say it's weak in solo play other than admitting that oneself isn't able to perform well on it.

The class isn’t weak but there’s this huge misconception on these forums that it’s some kind of god tier class which is just amazing at everything. The reality is that you have to be both exceptionally skilled and at times just plain lucky to hit the right combos to kill people quickly. When going up against experienced players who actually know what they’re doing you can feel the nerfs of the class plain as day. There’s a reason StamNB is one of the least played classes in the game now and it’s because it’s just not enjoyable to play like it used to be before half of it’s kit got removed.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're on console that explains a lot.

Magplars are far from what they used to be in previous patch... no more getting rooted every time you hit them, no more 8k+ Purifyings because a few people had DoTs on you.

All they really have is gap closer+crescent as burst if you're kiting properly. Still annoying as healbots though.

Stamblade on the other hand has more damage than in previous patch thanks to New Moon's Acolyte and more survivability as DoTs got toned down across the board (one of the few things that could deal undodgeable dmg when you're kiting).
    I’m actually very relieved to hear this really can’t wait for this patch m8.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Hmm.

"stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game"

There wasnt any stamblade at start, they made it few months after

You are not alone, we all are dissapointed when they keep nerfing our favourite skills ( yes, all classes are affected, not only Nbs), but thats the point.
    If they change your skills and you are happy, they did it wrong - because everyone wants his skills to be OP.
    You have to deal with it, like rest of us.

Every class suppose to kill as fast as he/she can die...

NBs suppose to burst people super fast because if they fail, they are dead in the next 3 seconds, that's the core playstyle.

DKs suppose to kill people slowly with their DoTs because they are the tankiest class so they are the longest to stay alive.

Sorcs can burst fast, they suppose to die fast too... Etc, etc...

The issue here is that NBs lost they fast ttk but still can die pretty damn fast. Where's the balance there?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

cloak not being invis.

Wut?

In pve its fine.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant. I agree with you.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like my nightblade just fine. It's actually a really good tank now. On the rare occasion that I go into bgs, it does well enough there too. Pretty hard to kill. Does quite a bit of damage.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a Stamblade and my heart say yes, but my brains says if Incap go back to give stun i would already be happy with just that
    Edited by yRaven on November 1, 2019 8:54PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »
    Hmm.

"stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game"

There wasnt any stamblade at start, they made it few months after

You are not alone, we all are dissapointed when they keep nerfing our favourite skills ( yes, all classes are affected, not only Nbs), but thats the point.
    If they change your skills and you are happy, they did it wrong - because everyone wants his skills to be OP.
    You have to deal with it, like rest of us.

Every class suppose to kill as fast as he/she can die...

NBs suppose to burst people super fast because if they fail, they are dead in the next 3 seconds, that's the core playstyle.

DKs suppose to kill people slowly with their DoTs because they are the tankiest class so they are the longest to stay alive.

Sorcs can burst fast, they suppose to die fast too... Etc, etc...

The issue here is that NBs lost they fast ttk but still can die pretty damn fast. Where's the balance there?
    This is exactly what I have said many times.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does a NB have to be “stealthy”? What if I run the other morph of cloak and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak when the best NBs I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all.

Why does a NB Sorc have to be "stealthy" “magicky”? What if I run the other morph of cloak melee weapons & a bow and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak the theme of their class when the best NBs players I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all are darn solid players that would likely be fantastic at any class.

FTFY.

I'll answer your question with a question, and then I'll answer my own question.

Q: Why is there an entire genre of games centered around stealth? (Gunpoint, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Thief series, Deus Ex series, etc, etc.)

A: Because it has been a hugely popular style to play for almost 30 years & many people enjoy playing it.

If I wanted to "brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack" I'd roll a DK or Templar — it'd be a hell of lot easier. However I don't find that playstyle nearly as enjoyable, so I don't. I've played as a stealthy character in every game I had the option to ever since I was a kid. ("Quest For Glory: So You Want to be a Hero" was my first taste — it came out in 1989, but I played the remake in the 90s.) Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean other people don't.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t even get me started how unreliable nb burst is compared to other classes 😒

I'm a stamsorc main and I could be qqing about how weak the class is rn. But it isnt. Stamsorc has great defense and heals, and their damage is great, even if they lack offensive skills in their kit. Acknowledge the strength is what i'm saying
    All I’m saying is at the very least incap should 100% get the stun back there’s no argument when I say removing the stun was just stupid and give major fracture back to SA. Every other class has excess to major fracture on there most used skills.

Where does stamsorc have a major fracture? Where does jabs have major fracture?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Why does a NB Sorc have to be "stealthy" “magicky”? What if I run the other morph of cloak melee weapons & a bow and brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack while wearing heavy armor wielding a giant 2H Battleaxe? Am I playing the class incorrectly?

It’s funny to me how married some players are to cloak the theme of their class when the best NBs players I’ve ever fought ran the other morph or no cloak at all are darn solid players that would likely be fantastic at any class.

FTFY.

I'll answer your question with a question, and then I'll answer my own question.

Q: Why is there an entire genre of games centered around stealth? (Gunpoint, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Thief series, Deus Ex series, etc, etc.)

A: Because it has been a hugely popular style to play for almost 30 years & many people enjoy playing it.

If I wanted to "brawl with the DKs and Templars in the stack" I'd roll a DK or Templar — it'd be a hell of lot easier. However I don't find that playstyle nearly as enjoyable, so I don't. I've played as a stealthy character in every game I had the option to ever since I was a kid. ("Quest For Glory: So You Want to be a Hero" was my first taste — it came out in 1989, but I played the remake in the 90s.) Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean other people don't.

Totally off topic but you get an awesome just for the Quest for Glory reference. Paladin was my favorite though, then thief
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t even get me started how unreliable nb burst is compared to other classes 😒

I'm a stamsorc main and I could be qqing about how weak the class is rn. But it isnt. Stamsorc has great defense and heals, and their damage is great, even if they lack offensive skills in their kit. Acknowledge the strength is what i'm saying
    All I’m saying is at the very least incap should 100% get the stun back there’s no argument when I say removing the stun was just stupid and give major fracture back to SA. Every other class has excess to major fracture on there most used skills.

Where does stamsorc have a major fracture? Where does jabs have major fracture?
    Yup stam sorc has no major fracture true but templar power of the light does.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

FTFY.

Put perfectly well said and same here I have always played a rogue in every game I have played.
  • DeathPK
    DeathPK
    ✭✭✭
    i'm all for ferns on classes if they are to strong like how stamblades were in Clock Work City but they are straight unplayable now.