The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblades need their skills reverted back to how they were.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you’re probably one of those bad nbs that doesnt know how strong the class is. Any good player knows nb is strong. But that’s fine, the forums is mostly casuals anyways
    Its very easy to fall back on that argument, good players v casuals, dismiss someone who disagrees with you as being an inadequate player.

Real life is hardly ever that simple and binary, although some politicians would have us believe it is.

There was a guy on another thread that said because the top tier players were doing fine then everyone else must be fail. He said that the top 10% were doing great and that the 90% should get good. The players he mentioned probably actually amount to way less than 10% of the player base to be fair.

Even so I do see that you were replying to an accusation of being a hater. :)[/quote]

Oh so it was me that started the whole "You obviously hate nb maybe took few to many Ls. I rolled my eyes and stopped reading somewhere at the very beginning lol 😒" argument huh? You know I would have never called him bad if he didn't assume I hate nb or took too many Ls. I gave a fair argument, but he assumed sh*t and stopped reading my argument. Don't tell me I'm the one dismissing him when he dismissed mine.
    Edited by StaticWave on October 31, 2019 11:39PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so it was me that started the whole "You obviously hate nb maybe took few to many Ls. I rolled my eyes and stopped reading somewhere at the very beginning lol 😒" argument huh? You know I would have never called him bad if he didn't assume I hate nb or took too many Ls. I gave a fair argument, but he assumed sh*t and stopped reading my argument. Don't tell me I'm the one dismissing him when he dismissed mine.

I did caveat my comment with the understanding that you were responding to an accusation and also tried to illustrate my point about bad / good player comments with an example from another thread so that it wasn't personal to you. :)

At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did caveat my comment with the understanding that you were responding to an accusation and also tried to illustrate my point about bad / good player comments with an example from another thread so that it wasn't personal to you. :)

I tried to be as objective as I could but there's always that one person that would start up accusasions. My apologies
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, working as intended is trading off between damage and survivability. NB had BOTH. Telling me that having both is working as intended doesn't cut it.

No other classes have damage and survivability?
    Hew's Bane*
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also for reference, this is a video of a great stamblade on PC EU. Watch it and you'll see how NB can be played to its full potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGBlNhC5UY&t=175s

Even with the nerfs, NB remain among the best classes right now in ESO.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, working as intended is trading off between damage and survivability. NB had BOTH. Telling me that having both is working as intended doesn't cut it.

No other classes have damage and survivability?

Watch the video I posted. NB still does insane damage, as it should.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errrm it's Sniker, probably the best NB out there.

What is this showing?

That probably the best NB out there can play NB?

If you follow Sniker's page you will know that his intention with this vid was to demonstrate what a NB should look and feel like as class identity had been a hot topic.

It was posted before Dragonhold release.

This video is not a posting of activity since the patch to show that NB is still in a good place.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 1, 2019 12:31AM
    Hew's Bane*
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

Doesn't matter what you play in openworld, it's so easy class difference is irrelevant

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability.

Or working as intended, insane burst damage is what a NB should be achieving. That was a fun build to play, I had it with TK & Willows on heavy, dw with axes. Survivability was excellent and the dots balanced against the loss in burst.

Spectral bow is locked behind 5 light or heavy attacks so 10 if you are weaving. Plus to get the heal you have to be within 7m of your opponent. Hardly a burst skill and not exactly simple to integrate into a burst combo, esp with current cc meta, plus we lost our purge from cloak. The execute you talk about is highly situational.

SA is a great skill yes and now the main spam for stamblade. but it is 5m range and does not always land well esp if your opponent is highly mobile, and the stun is locked behind stealth / cloak. Plus you dont get the stun if you are weaving light which would negate spectral bow proc. Its better as part of a burst combo rather than spam. It did work in the past as a good execute spam, esp on stunned targets, but its not packing the hit like it did in past incarnations.

With the current tanky / heal meta nb is not performing on an balanced footing against proficient opponents.
    Errrm it's Sniker, probably the best NB out there.

What is this showing?

That probably the best NB out there can still play NB?

It shows that you just need to be good at the class and you’ll be fine..? Even sniker said Nb is strong. I mean if it does weak damage or has low survivability then how is he doing so much damage in the video against high mmr players in BGs?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny because some dude just posted something about NB insane burst and I disagreed with certain stuff but all and all NB is great. I have a magDK, magSorc, and a Stam sorc as well and I LOVE my magDK and Stam sorc (I don’t like my mag sorc since I favor melee), but my Stam blade is a BOSS! Maybe it’s the play style or because it was my original main since beta, but even after the nerfs I favor it above all. Class isn’t over powered. It’s just fun and it’s deadly when played right, like any class really . Would I like some nerfs reverted? Sure, the selfish side of me would agree. But honestly, I’m good, just PLEASE don’t nerf it further LOL! I won’t say learn to play but.....ya know....practice makes perfect!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s funny because some dude just posted something about NB insane burst and I disagreed with certain stuff but all and all NB is great. I have a magDK, magSorc, and a Stam sorc as well and I LOVE my magDK and Stam sorc (I don’t like my mag sorc since I favor melee), but my Stam blade is a BOSS! Maybe it’s the play style or because it was my original main since beta, but even after the nerfs I favor it above all. Class isn’t over powered. It’s just fun and it’s deadly when played right, like any class really . Would I like some nerfs reverted? Sure, the selfish side of me would agree. But honestly, I’m good, just PLEASE don’t nerf it further LOL! I won’t say learn to play but.....ya know....practice makes perfect!

Exactly. That’s the whole point.. Nb is very lethal when played correctly. It isnt weak by any means. That’s what i’ve been trying to say lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades definitely need some work. It’s single target damage is rivaled by AoE classes.

Looking at these posts..... Balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics.

Not YouTube montages ;)
    Edited by Royalthought on November 1, 2019 12:52AM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades definitely need some work. It’s single target damage is rivaled by AoE classes.

Looking at these posts..... Balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics.

Not YouTube montages ;)

Which the person in the video does have while many in this thread don’t. See the problem?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Which the person in the video does have while many in this thread don’t. See the problem?

Are you under the impression that insults and character assassination makes you opinion more valid?

If you know someone in this thread personally, address them by name. If you actually don’t, you’re coming across as having an agenda tbh.
    Edited by Royalthought on November 1, 2019 12:57AM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Are you under the impression that insults and character assassination makes you opinion more valid?

If you know someone in this thread personally, address them by name. If you actually don’t, you’re coming across as having an agenda tbh.

Well didn’t you say balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics? I’m not going to post a video of some player dying. The person in the video obviously knows how to play the class, hence he was able to get kills. People complained about dizzy nerf but in practice it was a better change. I was among the people that complained too, until I practiced and actually learn to use the new dizzy. Now I prefer it over old dizzy. People will adapt and find better ways to play. People used to QQ about incap and Nb. Now it got nerfed they still QQ lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here's the thing with eso, and why you rarely see something that everyone either agrees or disagrees on - there's 24/7 players, there's weekend only, there's people that play sporadically, some play one or two classes, some play all but stick to their main, some never have ran solo, some are always "solo" but never alone, some...

So basically the % of eso players that have a solid understanding of all or most game mechanics, sets, skills, passives, and cp, and how they all interact - and have enough in game experience on each class to utilize that knowledge on any class is pretty low.

Point being, if you stick to one or two classes you dont really have a good frame of reference.

NB's are fine. They still have good burst, great survivability, and great sustain. They, like magsorcs, will forever be underpowered to those who main them, overpowered to nubs, and nerf sorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So here's the thing with eso, and why you rarely see something that everyone either agrees or disagrees on - there's 24/7 players, there's weekend only, there's people that play sporadically, some play one or two classes, some play all but stick to their main, some never have ran solo, some are always "solo" but never alone, some...

So basically the % of eso players that have a solid understanding of all or most game mechanics, sets, skills, passives, and cp, and how they all interact - and have enough in game experience on each class to utilize that knowledge on any class is pretty low.

Point being, if you stick to one or two classes you dont really have a good frame of reference.

NB's are fine. They still have good burst, great survivability, and great sustain. They, like magsorcs, will forever be underpowered to those who main them, overpowered to nubs, and nerf sorc

When I only mained magsorc I used to think it was weak... until I became a stamina player and dueled against other magsorcs. Oh boy I was proven wrong. Magsorcs were among the best classes for dueling and openworld pvp. I used to think Incap had no problems and didn’t need a nerf when I mained the class, until I mained another stam character and oh boy I was proven wrong yet again. Incap had so many things wrong with it that it deserved the nerf.

I agree completely with you
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭

When I only mained magsorc I used to think it was weak... until I became a stamina player and dueled against other magsorcs. Oh boy I was proven wrong. Magsorcs were among the best classes for dueling and openworld pvp. I used to think Incap had no problems and didn’t need a nerf when I mained the class, until I mained another stam character and oh boy I was proven wrong yet again. Incap had so many things wrong with it that it deserved the nerf.

I agree completely with you

Yep, this exactly. ESO classes aren't so much 'op damage' 'op tank' 'op aoe', etc...all classes can do pretty much any kind of build, and with jewelry crafting/traits and all the different skill lines there's a lot that's possible - but there's a counter for just about everything in this game, as there should be.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Well didn’t you say balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics? I’m not going to post a video of some player dying. The person in the video obviously knows how to play the class, hence he was able to get kills. People complained about dizzy nerf but in practice it was a better change. I was among the people that complained too, until I practiced and actually learn to use the new dizzy. Now I prefer it over old dizzy. People will adapt and find better ways to play. People used to QQ about incap and Nb. Now it got nerfed they still QQ lol

I absolutely said that. Hence why the montage is so out of place.

Only someone with no understanding of the game would look at a montage and assume anything about balance.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove cast time from Incap and give it defile or stun instead of silence and NB will be fine again.
  • le_spy
    le_spy
    ✭✭✭
    OP should first do a fact check on his numerous false claims, about other class ults and other abilities instead of writing some blatant lies on forum in hopes of unkeen eyes, which there are many of in this forum, don't notice it and feel their primal urge to jump in to shed their own tear of incompetence driven narcissism
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Only someone with no understanding of the game would look at a montage and assume anything about balance.

The montage was to show that Nb isn’t weak in fights. Just like when I mentioned the 16k onslaught as great burst dmg in the class tier post.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

The montage was to show that Nb isn’t weak in fights. Just like when I mentioned the 16k onslaught as great burst dmg in the class tier post.

"Balance discussions should be based on experience and knowledge of mechanics."

Not montages.

And as for that burst damage onslaught post. It illustrated 1 attack. Other classes can stack multiple abilities in 1 GCD that outweigh the difference giving them higher burst.

That's all sidebar tbh. The OP is requesting improvements to the class. Why are you posting montages, new threads, etc. to speak against that?
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Not montages.

And as for that burst damage onslaught post. It illustrated 1 attack. Other classes can stack multiple abilities in 1 GCD that outweigh the difference giving them higher burst.

That's all sidebar tbh. The OP is requesting improvements to the class. Why are you posting montages, new threads, etc. to speak against that?

Burst isn’t about stacking as many skills as possible. It’s about doing the most damage in the shortest amount of time. A Nb heavy attacking into ultimate does similar damage to a curse frag ult combo. You are misunderstanding the term burst here.

And no, when I see a post saying how leap is unblockable and stronger than incap, i already know it’s useless to have a discussion on the forums. The montage speaks volume. It’s literally pointless debating. I can say incap is strong and you can say it’s weak but if I have proof of it doing great damage, even if it’s montages. Do you want me to pull up a video of duels against good nb players to see how strong they are?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not YouTube montages ;)

Not montages.

It’s useless debating on the forums. You have people with actual knowledge and mechanics telling how Nb is great and there’s still people arguing Nbs suck. Didn’t we go over it in the Class tier thread? There’s zero point debating
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StaticWave You generalizing. I've no idea who else you've spoken to but that has nothing to do with me. I'm not included in any rant about "people." I'm only responsible for what I say.

And as for burst if you don't think stacking multiple attacks in a single gcd isn't about doing the most damage in a short amount of time than there's no more to be said.

Have a nice day :#
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @StaticWave You generalizing. I've no idea who else you've spoken to but that has nothing to do with me. I'm not included in any rant about "people." I'm only responsible for what I say.

And as for burst if you don't think stacking multiple attacks in a single gcd isn't about doing the most damage in a short amount of time than there's no more to be said.

You still think stacking multiple skills is called burst.. lol. If I do 8k heavy attack and 15k onslaught totaling 23k damage, that is still burst dude. Apparently that isn’t burst with your logic 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You still think stacking multiple skills is called burst.. lol. If I do 8k heavy attack and 15k onslaught totaling 23k damage, that is still burst dude. Apparently that isn’t burst with your logic 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You make a lot of assumptions. Try not to make claims on what you assume someone else thinks. It's not great for conversations. Thanks!

When I say multiple attacks in a single gcd. I'm referring to one global Cool down. All abilities landing at the same time.

Like that heavy attack into an ultimate. Nice combo huh. What if you can stack multiple abilities to land at that exact same moment? Would that add burst? Hmm...
    Edited by Royalthought on November 1, 2019 2:53AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    no one cares

*about night blades >,>

No kidding. Worrying about Nightblades is like worrying about a declining mosquito population!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it work then, I come across a couple pve and pvp who do. Instead of QQ just find a work around. That's where the skill comes in.

P.s there are a few things I would change but they are minor, like increase travel speed of spec bow and cloak not being invis.[/quote]
    I have made it work I know how to play the class but against good players you feel the nerfs.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 1, 2019 3:52AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I have played a stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game. I have no interest in playing a different class. I have adapted to every patch and normally I say it’s a learn to play issue. But now our nerfs have just made us virtually unable to compete in today’s pvp meta.

First off let’s describe the concept of the nightblade. It’s a stealthy rogue/mage that uses the power of the shadows to attack its targets. That means that it’s not the kind of class that had running around in clunky heavy armor wielding a battle ax screaming into battle. It was meant to be a strategic striker. Meaning you chose your target you attack swiftly and get out. It wasn’t meant for 1v X in the same way that a dk or a Templar can 1 v x it requires a lot of strategy to split up your opponents and get them by themselves.

Now in today’s heavy dot meta pvp is full of large groups. And let’s face it ganking is not much of a thing today. The forums are full of people saying that they hardly see nbs running around and the few that are, are the ones like me who refuse to give up. Because we love the class. However now the class isn’t all that fun to play now that it’s identy has been stripped and a new identity has been thrust down our throats.

So many people have cried that one nb was able to burst them down and to be honest that’s what it’s intended to do. If you were with friends more than likely you were fine. The combined buffs and aoes and heals your friends contributed made a nb gank much more likely to fail. And if that nb managed to split you all up and kill 3-4 of you more than likely that was due to them being skilled and you and your group making a strategic error not to stay together.

Now we have among the weakest class skills in the game. Some of which don’t even make sense to the class
    •incap- removed the stun and major defile and replaced with a silence that has virtually no impact in combat and many nbs choose not to wait that long to get 120 ulti - this skill has one of the shortest ranges at 5 meters is dodgeable, blockable, misses often and is single target. Which means it was meant to have extreme effect on the one target you fight again. Nothing was more satisfying than when your incap landed and you saw your target get knocked flat on the ground. This skill made it so when used a target had to quickly react to not get bursted down. Now however most classes can shrug it off no big deal. There are other class ultimates that do considerably more damage and have greater impact than this single target ulti. Dragon leap undodgable unblockable does insane damage and knocks back. Templar crescent sweep is an aoe does 60% more damage to everyone hit and is instant cast and has a dot meaning it’s virtually undodgable due to its 8 meter range. Warden has that blizzard skill again a large damaging aoe that is virtually undodgable and stuns the target, sorc has overload which I will admit needs a rework due to how easy it is to dodge but they have other skills that make them op with shields and how easy it is to mitigate damage

Next we have surprise attack- again a skill that had great spammable potential. Stunned from stealth and applied major fracture to your target. This skill was single target and again limited range. This spammable requires both the magic and stam nb to be up close in a targets face which to mag class is not recommended. Now this skill no longer applies major fracture which was great against the heavy armor meta and is instead gifted the terrible 5% armor reduction if attacking from a flanking position. Which at most means that if your fighting a target with 30k armor your only removing 1500 of that armor. And even less if they are running around 15k and 20-25k making this spammable not very impactful. Compared again to Templar’s jabs which again do huge damage, was a dot direct damage hybrid which is now going to be instead buffed by the other direct damage buffs making it stronger, it slows the target has a huge range and cone of effect making dodging very difficult
    All other class spammable sad far as dk whip warden cliff racer sorcs frags and necros blast bones all have far more impact and range than the nbs single target spammable.

I could go further and complain about the nerfs to relentless and how it’s removal of minor berserk and minor endurance being replaced with damage mitigation or how our gap closer no longer stuns or is even reliable seeing as half the time I have to recast the skill 3-4 times before I actually teleport to my target. (Minor vulnerability is however a welcome buff.)

At the end of the day every other class has much more effective ultimates, spammables, gap closers and buffs than nb and nbs have also suffered ninja nerfs due to the global nerfs to bonus damage from stealth crit resistance negating most of our stealth attacks which only hit harder because of stealth and the fact that our cloak is broken by sooo many skills. Nb has so many useless skills that many don’t even use from the siphoning tree or shadow tree as there are other faction skills that are more effective versions of our class skills that all other classes have access too.

Ahhhh, finally a NB QQ thread. You complain about your class's skills being stripped off but have you looked at other classes that have little to zero offensive class skills and have to rely on weapon skills? (aka stamsorc) We're doing just fine.

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability. Even with 2h/bow build NB still out-classed other classes in that setup in damage output. Heavy Attack > Incap > Spectral Bow > Execute is arguably one of the best burst combos in the game. Even this patch, it remains the most lethal stamina combo that can 100-0 an opponent in seconds. Surprise Attack got nerf, sure, but compared to other classes it remains one of the best spammables in the game. Heck, I'd trade dizzyswing for SA anyday if I could. It has zero cast time, can be weaved with light attack bash, procs Major Resolve/Ward when you use it, stuns people and sets them offbalanced from stealth. So many things packed in 1 skill. Spectral bow has a tooltip higher than ultimates, reduces damage taken for 10%, and heals you whenever you land the skill. A burst that does great damage, heals for a portion of that damage, and gives dmg reduction. How is that not strong? Incap got the nerf it deserved, but it still amplifies damage by 20% which is insane when comboed.

So no, NB does not need a revert. They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

By the way, Dragonleap isn't unblockable.
    You obviously hate nb maybe took few to many Ls. I rolled my eyes and stopped reading somewhere at the very beginning lol 😒
    And you’re probably one of those bad nbs that doesnt know how strong the class is. Any good player knows nb is strong. But that’s fine, the forums is mostly casuals anyways
    You assume I’m bad because I think nb needs a buff lol I know how strong nb is I know what sets work what sets don’t I also know that when I’m fighting a good player I start feeling my nerfs really badly. Nb suppose to be a single target killing machine yet templars with there aoes can kill say 2 players faster then nb can drop 1.