The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblades need their skills reverted back to how they were.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    For anyone complaining about stamnb not being a viable class i advise taking a look into this thread.
    Almost any single problem mentioned in this post could be solved by getting better at the game or accepting the strengths of Stamnbs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499072/patch-5-2-5-pvp-tierlist/p1

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Then I may as well give up then. After playing nb successfully for 6 years its obviously now working as intended and I am the problem.

Have you checked what the linked post is about?
    For stamnb there's no excuse to say it's weak in solo play other than admitting that oneself isn't able to perform well on it.

The class isn’t weak but there’s this huge misconception on these forums that it’s some kind of god tier class which is just amazing at everything. The reality is that you have to be both exceptionally skilled and at times just plain lucky to hit the right combos to kill people quickly. When going up against experienced players who actually know what they’re doing you can feel the nerfs of the class plain as day. There’s a reason StamNB is one of the least played classes in the game now and it’s because it’s just not enjoyable to play like it used to be before half of it’s kit got removed.

The reason it's one of the least played class right now is because it has a HIGH skill ceiling. It takes a lot to master the class, just like uh... everything else? There's always to be that one class that people flock to when its strong. Only the people who took time to be good at their class will prevail.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup stam sorc has no major fracture true but templar power of the light does.

Templar has minor fracture so thats a 4k pen difference compared to Major. Stamsorc has no fracture at all and Stamcro has it on boneyard and Nothing else so 2 out of 6 classes have it on often used abilities and nightblade still has it on free to cast mark.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

The reason it's one of the least played class right now is because it has a HIGH skill ceiling. It takes a lot to master the class, just like uh... everything else?

How do you know this? Have you undertaken a survey of people who are not playing nightblade this patch but were last patch?

And if "everything else" has a high skill ceiling why is nightblade not being played? For that matter why are there people who are not highly skilled playing at all if that is the case?

Or is this a non-evidence based opinion based on preconceptions?
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 2, 2019 9:35AM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, bring back the purge from cloak so we can have more salt.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I have not read everyone's inputs, so if I duplicate something already said, apologies. My main pvp character is a NB. I took a long hiatus from pvp to develop my many undeveloped pve characters. When I returned to Cyrodil, I was taken aback by the many differences I discovered to the class. I was however able to compete still which included: fighting a 1 v 1 and winning, and withstanding some punishing 1 v x fights and, after getting a few kills in, stealthing out of the hot zone.

I was not playing the classic "Ganker" role that so many NB are known for. In fact, stealth was very difficult for me to maintain, as many veteran players are wise to the ways of un-stealthing cloaked/invisible/hidden players. Instead I went with a CP change and buffed up my health and armor to become an 2H axe wielding tank blade as you had mentioned in your OP. I had a bow on my back bar. The recent changes are tough to "adapt and overcome," but remember, many of the other classes were affected by the changes as well, and the sustain issue (lack thereof) is probably the key area you will want to look at. At least for me, that was the main issue.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For anyone complaining about stamnb not being a viable class i advise taking a look into this thread.
    Almost any single problem mentioned in this post could be solved by getting better at the game or accepting the strengths of Stamnbs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499072/patch-5-2-5-pvp-tierlist/p1

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Then I may as well give up then. After playing nb successfully for 6 years its obviously now working as intended and I am the problem.

For stamnb there's no excuse to say it's weak in solo play other than admitting that oneself isn't able to perform well on it.

The class isn’t weak but there’s this huge misconception on these forums that it’s some kind of god tier class which is just amazing at everything. The reality is that you have to be both exceptionally skilled and at times just plain lucky to hit the right combos to kill people quickly. When going up against experienced players who actually know what they’re doing you can feel the nerfs of the class plain as day. There’s a reason StamNB is one of the least played classes in the game now and it’s because it’s just not enjoyable to play like it used to be before half of it’s kit got removed.

The reason it's one of the least played class right now is because it has a HIGH skill ceiling. It takes a lot to master the class, just like uh... everything else? There's always to be that one class that people flock to when its strong. Only the people who took time to be good at their class will prevail.

It’s the least played class because it’s not fun to play and half of it’s toolkit has been removed. I don’t want to feel like I have to play like a sweaty try hard every time I hop on a class when I can jump on a class like Magplar and have a much more enjoyable time in PvP. Your agenda against nightblades is starting to get really old buddy.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be more inclined to understand all this talk about “stealthy” gameplay if it actually required subtlety and subterfuge but that is not at all the case in ESO. You press one button in open field in full daylight and suddenly you’re not targetable. That is about as subtle as a elephant in the middle of the circus ring. If you think one particular morph of a skill defines the theme of a NB I don’t what to tell you.

And your example proves my point. A sorc doesn’t have to be “magicky” to still be a sorc. He can also wear heavy armor and brawl like any other stam class.

Lang your post sums up to “I used a stealth mechanic in other games therefore I play “stealthy” in ESO”. Okay? So comparing ESO to other games is a lack of an argument and off topic because those other games are not ESO or ESO NB related.

Class theme from the dev perspective is simply being able to visually recognize what class a player is playing.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 2, 2019 12:27PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The various damage buff related nerfs were all because both magblades and stamblades reigned in magicka and stamina dps for a very long time. All the highest-scoring groups all had dps that were nightblades because they were so strong. I’m talking all stamblades in all trials except vCR and vAS. They pulled the most damage, had the best single target nukes, could sustain like nobody’s business, and could self buff easy. That meta HAD to change. I do agree that the changes to Grim Focus and morphs not being as damage focused as other proc skills such as Crystal Frags or Lava Whip is odd. But that meta had to be removed from the game. There was no way around it.

Now if Zos would frickin nerf stamcros more, that’d be awesome.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running a bow/bow stamblade atm and doing great, also good in groups because of utility. Just don't pick the selfish morphs. :)
    PC EU - DC only
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plays glass canon, dies like a glass canon. Build for atrition, you win longer fights. Last time I played stamblade in scalebreaker, i could still kill most people in BGs in less than 4 secs and had 0 survivability and sustain issues, unless I fight ball groups. Cloak was and still the best skill in the game. You don't have to be worried about cloak breaking up if you kill your target before they make a move. I'm not sure if things has changed in dragonhold, but as far as I know, dmg overall is reduced for all classes. Most nightblades who complain are ones still using old setups 3-4 patches ago. I rarely see any nightblade use ambush even though it applies minor vanirability.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Yup stam sorc has no major fracture true but templar power of the light does.

Templar has minor fracture so thats a 4k pen difference compared to Major. Stamsorc has no fracture at all and Stamcro has it on boneyard and Nothing else so 2 out of 6 classes have it on often used abilities and nightblade still has it on free to cast mark.
    Well sht don’t I feel like a noob I been playing eso since release I always thought power of the light gave major fracture.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

You say nb takes a lot to master just like everything else yet I hardly see people on nb only players I see on nb are ez ap for me. When I go in cyrodiil all I see mainly are dks and templars and a fair few wardens.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 2, 2019 3:14PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

You say nb takes a lot to master just like everything else yet I hardly see people on nb only players I see on nb are ez ap for me. When I go in cyrodiil all I see mainly are dks and templars and a fair few wardens.

You don't see nightblade because they are cloaked. Walk around cyrodiil while consuming 1000 derect pote you will see them lurking around keeps ganking people. Only way to master nightblade is to cast away cloak. Cloak is handicap for like 90% of its users.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

That’s because the class has mechanical issues. It needs work on functionality. Players experience this and drop the class for more function on others.
    Nightblades are discussed as if they simply had damage nerfs. Actually their functionality was hit very hard.

For example:

Major fracture: To apply it before, SA. Now, mark target - Alerts the enemy to defend and if you mark a 2nd target you grant a free purge to the 1st.
    That results in mark being a clumsy mess vs a group/Zerg. Much easier to tap 1 button on Dk/warden and apply it to an entire group and do damage. Being free doesn’t fix that.

Many Nightblade abilities suffered functional nerfs.

Requesting specific changes like major expedition on cripple instead of path. Major fracture on SA instead of MT. etc. are much easier to discuss. Why? These type of fixes won’t increase damage.

When simply asking for a “buff” to a class, the same players who campaigned for the nerfs return to argue ”buffs make it OP. Too much damage.” They’re a dedicated bunch. Plenty cases in point here.

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

That’s because the class has mechanical issues. It needs work on functionality. Players experience this and drop the class for more function on others.
    Nightblades are discussed as if they simply had damage nerfs. Actually their functionality was hit very hard.

For example:

Major fracture: To apply it before, SA. Now, mark target - Alerts the enemy to defend and if you mark a 2nd target you grant a free purge to the 1st.
    That results in mark being a clumsy mess vs a group/Zerg. Much easier to tap 1 button on Dk/warden and apply it to an entire group and do damage. Being free doesn’t fix that.

Requesting specific changes like major expedition on cripple instead of path. Major fracture on SA instead of MT. etc. are much easier to discuss. Why? These type of fixes won’t increase damage.

When simply asking for a “buff” to a class, the same players who campaigned for the nerfs return to argue ”buffs make it OP. Too much damage.” They’re a dedicated bunch. Plenty cases in point here.

Too focused on nerfed. It is true that SA had its fracture taken and even when it was present, you never see a nightblade running around in group play SA everyone to give major fracture to his teamate, same with MT now. If you could mark everyone, you can arguebale have infinte major berserk each time someone dies, and you almost never have to refresh because it is 30 secs. Ambush is aoe minor vunirability, good for group plays. Major expedition on path is for group play. Fear while it is nerfed, it still for group play. Healing ulti and much more. Try adjusting skills as you can't have everything at the same time as you have to make sacrifices, except if you are a warden.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

For example:

Too focused on nerfed. It is true that SA had its fracture taken and even when it was present, you never see a nightblade running around in group play SA everyone to give major fracture to his teamate, same with MT now. If you could mark everyone, you can arguebale have infinte major berserk each time someone dies, and you almost never have to refresh because it is 30 secs. Ambush is aoe minor vunirability, good for group plays. Major expedition on path is for group play. Fear while it is nerfed, it still for group play. Healing ulti and much more. Try adjusting skills as you can't have everything at the same time as you have to make sacrifices, except if you are a warden.

Where did I mention anything about marking everyone?? The issue is switching targets with mark vs SA. You’re literally talking about group play. it’s unanimously agreed upon Nightblades are the worst for it. So to attempt to justify making the class worse at what its designed for by not making it better what at it’s awful for is a horrible approach.

More importantly, I spoke specifically about the nightblade facing a group. 1vX. You’re talking about group play, ambush, healing groups and fear. < nothing to do with what I mentioned.

You say I’m too focused on nerfed, huh? Perhaps we should both focus on the specific mechanics mentioned. Saying things like “you can’t have everything” is baseless. Especially when talking about completely different things.

Edited by Royalthought on November 2, 2019 5:02PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

It’s the least played class because it’s not fun to play and half of it’s toolkit has been removed. I don’t want to feel like I have to play like a sweaty try hard every time I hop on a class when I can jump on a class like Magplar and have a much more enjoyable time in PvP. Your agenda against nightblades is starting to get really old buddy.

“I don’t want to feel like i have to play like sweaty try hard everytime i hop on a class when i can jump on a class like magplar and have a much more enjoyable time in PvP”

So your definition of fun is to have the class be strong enough that you don’t wanna try hard to get kills? I’m sorry but that mentality is why we have nerf threads. 4 patches ago NB had what you wanted - too easy to play, too effective. Now it’s not easy to play, but it’s still effective, but you don’t want that. You want easiness, you don’t wanna be a try hard. Well news flash if you wanna be a casual gamer then Nb isn’t for you.

We can end the discussion here buddy.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be more inclined to understand all this talk about “stealthy” gameplay if it actually required subtlety and subterfuge but that is not at all the case in ESO. You press one button in open field in full daylight and suddenly you’re not targetable. That is about as subtle as a elephant in the middle of the circus ring.
    1. No offense, but no one cares if you "understand all this talk about “stealthy” gameplay."
    2. It's an MMO, dude — name one "subtle" mechanic in the game. The closest thing we do have to subtlety is stealth in the DB/TG quest lines. In PVP, it's cloaking into the middle of a zerg, picking off one dude real quick & then disappearing back into the ether again. If you tried and/or enjoyed that playstyle you'd understand that. It's apparent that you haven't, and don't.
    If you think one particular morph of a skill defines the theme of a NB I don’t what to tell you.
    If you think that's what I said then I don't know what to tell you.
    And your example proves my point.
    No it doesn't.
    A sorc doesn’t have to be “magicky” to still be a sorc.
    If you want it to feel like a "Sorcerer" it kinda does.
    sor·cer·er /ˈsôrs(ə)rər/
    noun: a person who practices sorcery; black magician; wizard.
    warlock, diviner, seer, enchanter, charmer, shaman, conjurer, medium, witch, soothsayer, sorceress, clairvoyant, magician, occultist, alchemist, necromancer, thaumaturge, fortune-teller

Note the conspicuous lack of "face-tanking brawler."
    He can also wear heavy armor and brawl like any other stam class.
    Where did I say he couldn't? (Although I'd say that if you're playing a sorc using melee & no magic, (stam magic included) that kind of defeats the purpose of playing a Sorcerer. But if that's how you'd like to play, go for it. I don't go around telling people how they should play their class.)

You've completely missed the point (and, I think, forgotten the question you asked and I answered.) Of course any class can play like a tanky brawler, you illustrated that in your original post with the Dark Cloak NB — no one disputes that. However there is a reason there are six different classes, with a myriad of ways to play each class: player choice. "Play the way you want." You seem to want everyone to play the same style you prefer — well I'm sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, but not everyone enjoys the same things you do.
    Lang your post sums up to “I used a stealth mechanic in other games therefore I play “stealthy” in ESO”. Okay?.
    Um, no it doesn't. It sums up as "I like playing as a stealthy class, so I picked the class designed from the ground up to suit to that playstyle."
    So comparing ESO to other games is a lack of an argument and off topic because those other games are not ESO or ESO NB related.
    I didn't "compare" ESO to other games, I listed stealth games to illustrate my point that the stealth playstyle is a popular one. I feel like you're not even trying to understand what I was actually saying.
    Class theme from the dev perspective is simply being able to visually recognize what class a player is playing.
    No, what you are defining is "power fantasy." Class Identity is defined as "what makes the experience of playing a class feel unique from other classes"

From the character creation screen:
    "Nightblade:
    Nightblades are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed, Nightblades thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive."

"opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed," literally describes the "stealthy glass cannon assassin" playstyle that you apparently don't believe the devs had in mind when they created the class.

Listen, it's great that you like to brawl/face-tank — I'm glad that you've found a playstyle that suits you. What I don't understand is why you feel the need to go into the forums & tell other people how they should play their class. It's incredibly presumptuous & entitled. But, whatever man. You do you.
    Regards
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    I might be more inclined to understand all this talk about “stealthy” gameplay if it actually required subtlety and subterfuge but that is not at all the case in ESO. You press one button in open field in full daylight and suddenly you’re not targetable. That is about as subtle as a elephant in the middle of the circus ring.
    1. No offense, but no one cares if you "understand all this talk about “stealthy” gameplay."
    2. It's an MMO, dude — name one "subtle" mechanic in the game. The closest thing we do have to subtlety is stealth in the DB/TG quest lines. In PVP, it's cloaking into the middle of a zerg, picking off one dude real quick & then disappearing back into the ether again. If you tried and/or enjoyed that playstyle you'd understand that. It's apparent that you haven't, and don't.
    If you think one particular morph of a skill defines the theme of a NB I don’t what to tell you.
    If you think that's what I said then I don't know what to tell you.
    And your example proves my point.
    No it doesn't.
    A sorc doesn’t have to be “magicky” to still be a sorc.
    If you want it to feel like a "Sorcerer" it kinda does.
    sor·cer·er /ˈsôrs(ə)rər/
    noun: a person who practices sorcery; black magician; wizard.
    warlock, diviner, seer, enchanter, charmer, shaman, conjurer, medium, witch, soothsayer, sorceress, clairvoyant, magician, occultist, alchemist, necromancer, thaumaturge, fortune-teller

Note the conspicuous lack of "face-tanking brawler."
    He can also wear heavy armor and brawl like any other stam class.
    Where did I say he couldn't? (Although I'd say that if you're playing a sorc using melee & no magic, (stam magic included) that kind of defeats the purpose of playing a Sorcerer. But if that's how you'd like to play, go for it. I don't go around telling people how they should play their class.)

You've completely missed the point (and, I think, forgotten the question you asked and I answered.) Of course any class can play like a tanky brawler, you illustrated that in your original post with the Dark Cloak NB — no one disputes that. However there is a reason there are six different classes, with a myriad of ways to play each class: player choice. "Play the way you want." You seem to want everyone to play the same style you prefer — well I'm sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, but not everyone enjoys the same things you do.
    Lang your post sums up to “I used a stealth mechanic in other games therefore I play “stealthy” in ESO”. Okay?.
    Um, no it doesn't. It sums up as "I like playing as a stealthy class, so I picked the class designed from the ground up to suit to that playstyle."
    So comparing ESO to other games is a lack of an argument and off topic because those other games are not ESO or ESO NB related.
    I didn't "compare" ESO to other games, I listed stealth games to illustrate my point that the stealth playstyle is a popular one. I feel like you're not even trying to understand what I was actually saying.
    No, what you are defining is "power fantasy." Class Identity is defined as "what makes the experience of playing a class feel unique from other classes"

From the character creation screen:
    "Nightblade:
    Nightblades are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed, Nightblades thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive."

"opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed," literally describes the "stealthy glass cannon assassin" playstyle that you apparently don't believe the devs had in mind when they created the class.

Listen, it's great that you like to brawl/face-tank — I'm glad that you've found a playstyle that suits you. What I don't understand is why you feel the need to go into the forums & tell other people how they should play their class. It's incredibly presumptuous & entitled. But, whatever man. You do you.
    Regards
    Completely agree with everything you said here honestly couldn’t have put it better myself. Everyone should play how they like. To me nb makes no sense with out cloak I picked and only play nb because it is the rogue class and that is my style of play in any mmo RPG game I have played.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 2, 2019 7:34PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

You don't see nightblade because they are cloaked. Walk around cyrodiil while consuming 1000 derect pote you will see them lurking around keeps ganking people. Only way to master nightblade is to cast away cloak. Cloak is handicap for like 90% of its users.
    I always run detect pots it’s silly not to. Only players that spam cloak are either bad nbs or gankers either way there both ez ap. If your having trouble against nbs cloak it’s a l2p issue simple as that.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

It’s like calling a light armor sorcerer a noob for using shields or magplar a noob for using breath of life or any class base heals it’s just ridiculous really.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

“I don’t want to feel like i have to play like sweaty try hard everytime i hop on a class when i can jump on a class like magplar and have a much more enjoyable time in PvP”

So your definition of fun is to have the class be strong enough that you don’t wanna try hard to get kills? I’m sorry but that mentality is why we have nerf threads. 4 patches ago NB had what you wanted - too easy to play, too effective. Now it’s not easy to play, but it’s still effective, but you don’t want that. You want easiness, you don’t wanna be a try hard. Well news flash if you wanna be a casual gamer then Nb isn’t for you.

Its got nothing to do with the class being easy the class got stripped of the tools that make it unique and interesting to play. You're right though lets end the discussion here since you are missing all the points people are trying to tell you. PS I've done nearly all the content in the game so calling me a casual isn't gonna cut it here maybe you're describing yourself.
    Edited by Vlad9425 on November 2, 2019 6:45PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

It’s like calling a light armor sorcerer a noob for using shields or magplar a noob for using breath of life or any class base heals it’s just ridiculous really.

Because most of these people don't even have a clue how to play Nightblade yet they feel qualified to tell us how our class should be played or request nerfs for it.
    Edited by Vlad9425 on November 2, 2019 6:50PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Because most of these people don't even have a clue how to play Nightblade yet they feel qualified to tell us how our class should be played or request nerfs for it.

This is the most backwards statement ever. I remember play a magblade and switching to other classes is eye opening.

Anyone who thinks NBs have the best burst really need to L2P. I can double my magblade’s burst as a magsorc.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Ahh its a l2p issue.

This is the most backwards statement ever. I remember play a magblade and switching to other classes is eye opening.

Anyone who thinks NBs have the best burst really need to L2P. I can double my magblade’s burst as a magsorc.

I'm not sure how the statement is backwards but your statement about burst is correct.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

I'm not sure how the statement is backwards but your statement about burst is correct.

I think he misread your post. You both are [basically] saying the same thing.
    Edited by Langeston on November 2, 2019 7:26PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

Oops, sorry misquote. Someone was saying incap does as much damage as a wrath, frag proc and curse combo but it doesn’t.

If you want to see burst try Curse, Frag proc, wrath, Ele weapon and meteor. If you can line it up you’ll global people.

That’s not to say I think Magsorcs are OP, but they are the burst class. Until people start talking honestly about the strength of their classes I think it’s pretty pointless to talk balance, most players have only played one class and are too obtuse to acknowledge their class is good at anything, or too biased and think acknowledging a strength will result in a nerf.

Half of the posters on this forums play in guilds that exclude Stamblades and at the same time say they’re a top solo tier class. They’re good Solo, just not the best and useless in group play.

My main is a tanky healblade, Stamblades are far down the list of classes I fear.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 2, 2019 8:01PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh its a l2p issue.

For example:

Where did I mention anything about marking everyone?? The issue is switching targets with mark vs SA. You’re literally talking about group play. it’s unanimously agreed upon Nightblades are the worst for it. So to attempt to justify making the class worse at what its designed for by not making it better what at it’s awful for is a horrible approach.

More importantly, I spoke specifically about the nightblade facing a group. 1vX. You’re talking about group play, ambush, healing groups and fear. < nothing to do with what I mentioned.

You say I’m too focused on nerfed, huh? Perhaps we should both focus on the specific mechanics mentioned. Saying things like “you can’t have everything” is baseless. Especially when talking about completely different things.

Lota if nightblades 1 v x without any problems. You don't need major fracture to kill someone, it only makes it easier. I do agree that mark alarms people qnd notify them that they are being targetd, but that is only fair against someone you can't see. Why do I have hold block while going from keep to keep just because there is a mere chance that a nightblade could be lying around and I don't know about. Mark target is fair play against sneaky nightblades, you can thino of it as a downside if you are playing stealth. In 1vx and 1v1 situation, stamsorc, stamplars, and other classes kill eithout major fracture. Stamsorc have worst burst combo in the game and can still kill and 1vx without fracture. I do agree that warden and stam dka have it easy, and I alway with that all classes have access to major fracture/breach debuff. Also, while ambush is aoe minor vonuriability, it still apolies to 1 target and gives empower. Healing ulti is paet of your survivability kit, strongest healing ulti im the game that can save you in 1vx where tou get bounded by lots of dmg. If you want to effectively 1vx, swap shadowy disguise to dark cloak. Shadowy diaguise let you make mistakes and so kills you because you rely on it too much. Nightblade is very solid class in pvp. The more you let go lf shadowy disguise, the higher its skill cieling and more rewarding. I should not that for some reason, stamblade is better at 1v1 than 1vx and magblade is the opposite. Not sure why? I still believe that you can't have eveeything on your build with makeing sacrifices, otherwise, people will ask for nerfs because your class/build will be oo as heal. Much like magaorc 4 patches ago, dk 2-3 patches ago and stamden now.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well news flash if you wanna be a casual gamer then Nb isn’t for you.

Why? where does it say anywhere that NB is only for pro players?

Please explain your reasoning because your anti nb bias is getting tired buddy

How about this buddy:

"NB is supposed to be only for casual players so its not working as intended so it needs fixing.. Why? Because I said so and I know these things".

See how pointless and inaccurate that statement is buddy?

NB is like every other class, it is for everyone. If it is at a point, like you say buddy that it can only be played successfully by very good players then there is clearly something wrong.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 2, 2019 8:43PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well news flash if you wanna be a casual gamer then Nb isn’t for you.

Why? where does it say anywhere that NB is only for pro players?

Please explain your reasoning because your anti nb bias is getting tired buddy

How about this buddy:

"NB is supposed to be only for casual players so its not working as intended so it needs fixing.. Why? Because I said so and I know these things".

See how pointless and inaccurate that statement is buddy?

NB is like every other class, it is for everyone. If it is at a point, like you say buddy that it can only be played successfully by very good players then there is clearly something wrong.

I would somewhat agree with the other guy. Issue is moreso light attack weaving is integral to the class.

Everyone struggles with light attack weaving when they start. A class that requires light attack weaving to be as strong as other classes, leeching and merciless, just isn’t new player (or lag) friendly.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 2, 2019 8:56PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair