Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblades need their skills reverted back to how they were.

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
First off I have played a stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game. I have no interest in playing a different class. I have adapted to every patch and normally I say it’s a learn to play issue. But now our nerfs have just made us virtually unable to compete in today’s pvp meta.

First off let’s describe the concept of the nightblade. It’s a stealthy rogue/mage that uses the power of the shadows to attack its targets. That means that it’s not the kind of class that had running around in clunky heavy armor wielding a battle ax screaming into battle. It was meant to be a strategic striker. Meaning you chose your target you attack swiftly and get out. It wasn’t meant for 1v X in the same way that a dk or a Templar can 1 v x it requires a lot of strategy to split up your opponents and get them by themselves.

Now in today’s heavy dot meta pvp is full of large groups. And let’s face it ganking is not much of a thing today. The forums are full of people saying that they hardly see nbs running around and the few that are, are the ones like me who refuse to give up. Because we love the class. However now the class isn’t all that fun to play now that it’s identy has been stripped and a new identity has been thrust down our throats.

So many people have cried that one nb was able to burst them down and to be honest that’s what it’s intended to do. If you were with friends more than likely you were fine. The combined buffs and aoes and heals your friends contributed made a nb gank much more likely to fail. And if that nb managed to split you all up and kill 3-4 of you more than likely that was due to them being skilled and you and your group making a strategic error not to stay together.

Now we have among the weakest class skills in the game. Some of which don’t even make sense to the class
•incap- removed the stun and major defile and replaced with a silence that has virtually no impact in combat and many nbs choose not to wait that long to get 120 ulti - this skill has one of the shortest ranges at 5 meters is dodgeable, blockable, misses often and is single target. Which means it was meant to have extreme effect on the one target you fight again. Nothing was more satisfying than when your incap landed and you saw your target get knocked flat on the ground. This skill made it so when used a target had to quickly react to not get bursted down. Now however most classes can shrug it off no big deal. There are other class ultimates that do considerably more damage and have greater impact than this single target ulti. Dragon leap undodgable unblockable does insane damage and knocks back. Templar crescent sweep is an aoe does 60% more damage to everyone hit and is instant cast and has a dot meaning it’s virtually undodgable due to its 8 meter range. Warden has that blizzard skill again a large damaging aoe that is virtually undodgable and stuns the target, sorc has overload which I will admit needs a rework due to how easy it is to dodge but they have other skills that make them op with shields and how easy it is to mitigate damage

Next we have surprise attack- again a skill that had great spammable potential. Stunned from stealth and applied major fracture to your target. This skill was single target and again limited range. This spammable requires both the magic and stam nb to be up close in a targets face which to mag class is not recommended. Now this skill no longer applies major fracture which was great against the heavy armor meta and is instead gifted the terrible 5% armor reduction if attacking from a flanking position. Which at most means that if your fighting a target with 30k armor your only removing 1500 of that armor. And even less if they are running around 15k and 20-25k making this spammable not very impactful. Compared again to Templar’s jabs which again do huge damage, was a dot direct damage hybrid which is now going to be instead buffed by the other direct damage buffs making it stronger, it slows the target has a huge range and cone of effect making dodging very difficult
All other class spammable sad far as dk whip warden cliff racer sorcs frags and necros blast bones all have far more impact and range than the nbs single target spammable.

I could go further and complain about the nerfs to relentless and how it’s removal of minor berserk and minor endurance being replaced with damage mitigation or how our gap closer no longer stuns or is even reliable seeing as half the time I have to recast the skill 3-4 times before I actually teleport to my target. (Minor vulnerability is however a welcome buff.)

At the end of the day every other class has much more effective ultimates, spammables, gap closers and buffs than nb and nbs have also suffered ninja nerfs due to the global nerfs to bonus damage from stealth crit resistance negating most of our stealth attacks which only hit harder because of stealth and the fact that our cloak is broken by sooo many skills. Nb has so many useless skills that many don’t even use from the siphoning tree or shadow tree as there are other faction skills that are more effective versions of our class skills that all other classes have access too.

• Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried playing an Nightblade quite a few times because the class appeals to me. Tried but given up because it's such a demanding class, in skill and patience and I lack both.

I can only agree, the class should be deadly in 1v1 situations, not against a proper tank but against cloth and leather.

I play a Heavy armor (5 1 1) stamplar with 2 hander and shield and that thing has it all (personal opinion) survivabilty, damage, cleansing and quite easy to play.

There is no way a nightblade can touch me no matter if he gets the jump and that aint right.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one cares

*about night blades >,>
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 31, 2019 1:38PM
  • Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    I agree,

I have been playing my NB for a while now and have changed my spec multiple times already (THANKS TO ZOS for free respecs). I was sick and tired of constantly getting murdered that I went Bow/Bow option. At least for now, I do damage from a distance and if you run to me, I run from you.

I want to go back and play the dual wield/sneaking up on folks but it is not an option as of right now. I mean what is the point of sneaking, attacking then vanishing only to come back at full health and repeat the same actions over and over until you get sick of it and just let the other kill you.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    no one cares

*about night blades >,>

And all you care about is getting a high lvl at the forums, thrilling….
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    no one cares

*about night blades >,>

And all you care about is getting a high lvl at the forums, thrilling….

uc?id=1NT_wUU03Sy_FG2DYdi1i7-2mjrdganSt
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m exactly the same as you mate all I care about is nb it’s the only class I have played since eso release. I haven’t been playing much lately because nb is weak af weak damage weak survivability and for me it just ruins the game and on top of lag there’s just no reason to play.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

"stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game"

There wasnt any stamblade at start, they made it few months after

You are not alone, we all are dissapointed when they keep nerfing our favourite skills ( yes, all classes are affected, not only Nbs), but thats the point.
    If they change your skills and you are happy, they did it wrong - because everyone wants his skills to be OP.
    You have to deal with it, like rest of us.
    Edited by Anyron on October 31, 2019 3:45PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play every class, but some of my fondest times are on my 3 nightblades. I can't say I have had too bad a time on them, but my stam blade hasn't been quite as played as my mag or tankblade. I have her parked in murkmire for farming furnishings and decked out in sneaky stealy gear. I will say that anything my stamblade did in pvp, it feels like my magblade does better.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play and have played stam blade since they where introduced. Atm its clunky but I can still do everything as before with about the same efficiency
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can still do reasonably well on my Stam NB but honestly the class just feels like crap to play now and when you get into a fight with good players you really start to notice the nerfs specially the cast time which has completely ruined Incap.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, nightblades skills might need to be looked at but almost nothing in your post is true.

it is essentially false, outdated, or biased.

i'm a nightblade myself and well. i think your post just discredit all other complaining nightblades.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the increased damage taken from soul harvest /incap is pretty strong. That being said, I'd like nb to have more debuffs on skills that people actually use. I'd also like a revert to their anti redundancy changes. So cripple would still grant major expedition by inflicting a snare on the target, suprise attack would get major fracture again while getting the major armor buffs from passives. Making mark the only class way to get major fracture didn't get people to use it. Ideally I'd like every skill in the night blade arsenal to work like this where there is a give and take theme.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Admittedly im on console so this isn't with the newest update, but i recently swapped my dark elf back to a stamblade and it was just as strong as the last time i played it; heavy attack surprise attack execute is pretty much all i needed tbh.

Just don't be useless if you can't cloak, don't snipe spam, you'll be fine
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just frustrating that every other class hits harder and yet us as basically the burst cannon class hits like a noodle these days
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup
    Just rename them the Soft Wet Noodle class
    Edited by Katahdin on October 31, 2019 11:14PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been on NB from beta and the only class I like to play.

For the first time since I have been playing this game it is no longer fun playing my Stamblade in pvp.

I have adapted to every meta and somehow found a way to play the way I like, which is as a single target, stealth opportunist.

now my stamblade feels slow, clunky and useless. The Devs have sapped the joy out of him.

Ive gone from this:

websiteStaminaNightblade.jpg

to this:

tenor.gif?itemid=13779453

At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just frustrating that every other class hits harder and yet us as basically the burst cannon class hits like a noodle these days
    You forgot to add in they heal better as well.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off I have played a stamina nightblade exclusively since the launch of this game. I have no interest in playing a different class. I have adapted to every patch and normally I say it’s a learn to play issue. But now our nerfs have just made us virtually unable to compete in today’s pvp meta.

First off let’s describe the concept of the nightblade. It’s a stealthy rogue/mage that uses the power of the shadows to attack its targets. That means that it’s not the kind of class that had running around in clunky heavy armor wielding a battle ax screaming into battle. It was meant to be a strategic striker. Meaning you chose your target you attack swiftly and get out. It wasn’t meant for 1v X in the same way that a dk or a Templar can 1 v x it requires a lot of strategy to split up your opponents and get them by themselves.

Now in today’s heavy dot meta pvp is full of large groups. And let’s face it ganking is not much of a thing today. The forums are full of people saying that they hardly see nbs running around and the few that are, are the ones like me who refuse to give up. Because we love the class. However now the class isn’t all that fun to play now that it’s identy has been stripped and a new identity has been thrust down our throats.

So many people have cried that one nb was able to burst them down and to be honest that’s what it’s intended to do. If you were with friends more than likely you were fine. The combined buffs and aoes and heals your friends contributed made a nb gank much more likely to fail. And if that nb managed to split you all up and kill 3-4 of you more than likely that was due to them being skilled and you and your group making a strategic error not to stay together.

Now we have among the weakest class skills in the game. Some of which don’t even make sense to the class
    •incap- removed the stun and major defile and replaced with a silence that has virtually no impact in combat and many nbs choose not to wait that long to get 120 ulti - this skill has one of the shortest ranges at 5 meters is dodgeable, blockable, misses often and is single target. Which means it was meant to have extreme effect on the one target you fight again. Nothing was more satisfying than when your incap landed and you saw your target get knocked flat on the ground. This skill made it so when used a target had to quickly react to not get bursted down. Now however most classes can shrug it off no big deal. There are other class ultimates that do considerably more damage and have greater impact than this single target ulti. Dragon leap undodgable unblockable does insane damage and knocks back. Templar crescent sweep is an aoe does 60% more damage to everyone hit and is instant cast and has a dot meaning it’s virtually undodgable due to its 8 meter range. Warden has that blizzard skill again a large damaging aoe that is virtually undodgable and stuns the target, sorc has overload which I will admit needs a rework due to how easy it is to dodge but they have other skills that make them op with shields and how easy it is to mitigate damage

Next we have surprise attack- again a skill that had great spammable potential. Stunned from stealth and applied major fracture to your target. This skill was single target and again limited range. This spammable requires both the magic and stam nb to be up close in a targets face which to mag class is not recommended. Now this skill no longer applies major fracture which was great against the heavy armor meta and is instead gifted the terrible 5% armor reduction if attacking from a flanking position. Which at most means that if your fighting a target with 30k armor your only removing 1500 of that armor. And even less if they are running around 15k and 20-25k making this spammable not very impactful. Compared again to Templar’s jabs which again do huge damage, was a dot direct damage hybrid which is now going to be instead buffed by the other direct damage buffs making it stronger, it slows the target has a huge range and cone of effect making dodging very difficult
    All other class spammable sad far as dk whip warden cliff racer sorcs frags and necros blast bones all have far more impact and range than the nbs single target spammable.

I could go further and complain about the nerfs to relentless and how it’s removal of minor berserk and minor endurance being replaced with damage mitigation or how our gap closer no longer stuns or is even reliable seeing as half the time I have to recast the skill 3-4 times before I actually teleport to my target. (Minor vulnerability is however a welcome buff.)

At the end of the day every other class has much more effective ultimates, spammables, gap closers and buffs than nb and nbs have also suffered ninja nerfs due to the global nerfs to bonus damage from stealth crit resistance negating most of our stealth attacks which only hit harder because of stealth and the fact that our cloak is broken by sooo many skills. Nb has so many useless skills that many don’t even use from the siphoning tree or shadow tree as there are other faction skills that are more effective versions of our class skills that all other classes have access too.

Ahhhh, finally a NB QQ thread. You complain about your class's skills being stripped off but have you looked at other classes that have little to zero offensive class skills and have to rely on weapon skills? (aka stamsorc) We're doing just fine.

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability. Even with 2h/bow build NB still out-classed other classes in that setup in damage output. Heavy Attack > Incap > Spectral Bow > Execute is arguably one of the best burst combos in the game. Even this patch, it remains the most lethal stamina combo that can 100-0 an opponent in seconds. Surprise Attack got nerf, sure, but compared to other classes it remains one of the best spammables in the game. Heck, I'd trade dizzyswing for SA anyday if I could. It has zero cast time, can be weaved with light attack bash, procs Major Resolve/Ward when you use it, stuns people and sets them offbalanced from stealth. So many things packed in 1 skill. Spectral bow has a tooltip higher than ultimates, reduces damage taken for 10%, and heals you whenever you land the skill. A burst that does great damage, heals for a portion of that damage, and gives dmg reduction. How is that not strong? Incap got the nerf it deserved, but it still amplifies damage by 20% which is insane when comboed.

So no, NB does not need a revert. They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

By the way, Dragonleap isn't unblockable.
    Edited by StaticWave on October 31, 2019 10:37PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

Doesn't matter what you play in openworld, it's so easy class difference is irrelevant

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability.

Or working as intended, insane burst damage is what a NB should be achieving. That was a fun build to play, I had it with TK & Willows on heavy, dw with axes. Survivability was excellent and the dots balanced against the loss in burst.

Spectral bow is locked behind 5 light or heavy attacks so 10 if you are weaving. Plus to get the heal you have to be within 7m of your opponent. Hardly a burst skill and not exactly simple to integrate into a burst combo, esp with current cc meta, plus we lost our purge from cloak. The execute you talk about is highly situational.

SA is a great skill yes and now the main spam for stamblade. but it is 5m range and does not always land well esp if your opponent is highly mobile, and the stun is locked behind stealth / cloak. Plus you dont get the stun if you are weaving light which would negate spectral bow proc. Its better as part of a burst combo rather than spam. It did work in the past as a good execute spam, esp on stunned targets, but its not packing the hit like it did in past incarnations.

With the current tanky / heal meta nb is not performing on an balanced footing against proficient opponents.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on October 31, 2019 11:23PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhhh, finally a NB QQ thread. You complain about your class's skills being stripped off but have you looked at other classes that have little to zero offensive class skills and have to rely on weapon skills? (aka stamsorc) We're doing just fine.

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability. Even with 2h/bow build NB still out-classed other classes in that setup in damage output. Heavy Attack > Incap > Spectral Bow > Execute is arguably one of the best burst combos in the game. Even this patch, it remains the most lethal stamina combo that can 100-0 an opponent in seconds. Surprise Attack got nerf, sure, but compared to other classes it remains one of the best spammables in the game. Heck, I'd trade dizzyswing for SA anyday if I could. It has zero cast time, can be weaved with light attack bash, procs Major Resolve/Ward when you use it, stuns people and sets them offbalanced from stealth. So many things packed in 1 skill. Spectral bow has a tooltip higher than ultimates, reduces damage taken for 10%, and heals you whenever you land the skill. A burst that does great damage, heals for a portion of that damage, and gives dmg reduction. How is that not strong? Incap got the nerf it deserved, but it still amplifies damage by 20% which is insane when comboed.

So no, NB does not need a revert. They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

You obviously hate nb maybe took few to many Ls. I rolled my eyes and stopped reading somewhere at the very beginning lol 😒
    Edited by Deathlord92 on October 31, 2019 11:14PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gotta fight through the tough times and wait until you back on top for another 3 years :/

3 years up = 3 years down, Embrace a different class.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    gotta fight through the tough times and wait until you back on top for another 3 years :/

I will actually quit before I ever play another class.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will actually quit before I ever play another class.

Make it work then, I come across a couple pve and pvp who do. Instead of QQ just find a work around. That's where the skill comes in.

P.s there are a few things I would change but they are minor, like increase travel speed of spec bow and cloak not being invis.
    Edited by Stebarnz on October 31, 2019 11:20PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You obviously hate nb maybe took few to many Ls. I rolled my eyes and stopped reading somewhere at the very beginning lol 😒
    And you’re probably one of those bad nbs that doesnt know how strong the class is. Any good player knows nb is strong. But that’s fine, the forums is mostly casuals anyways
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cloak not being invis.

Wut?
    Hew's Bane*
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cloak not being invis.

Wut?

lol, was hoping that would sneak through, it is the worst skill in the game though.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you’re probably one of those bad nbs that doesnt know how strong the class is. Any good player knows nb is strong. But that’s fine, the forums is mostly casuals anyways
    [/quote]

Its very easy to fall back on that argument, good players v casuals, dismiss someone who disagrees with you as being an inadequate player.

Real life is hardly ever that simple and binary, although some politicians would have us believe it is.

There was a guy on another thread that said because the top tier players were doing fine then everyone else must be fail. He said that the top 10% were doing great and that the 90% should get good. The players he mentioned probably actually amount to way less than 10% of the player base to be fair.

Even so I do see that you were replying to an accusation of being a hater. :)
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on October 31, 2019 11:35PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are still one of the best classes for burst damage if you build right, and they still perform really well in openworld. The only thing I think would need to be reverted is the ultimate cast time.

Doesn't matter what you play in openworld, it's so easy class difference is irrelevant

Nightblades were utterly broken strong a few patches ago. Anyone remember heavy armor bleedblade? They packed insane burst damage and sustained pressure with bleeds, while maintaining incredible survivability.

Or working as intended, insane burst damage is what a NB should be achieving. That was a fun build to play, I had it with TK & Willows on heavy, dw with axes. Survivability was excellent and the dots balanced against the loss in burst.

Spectral bow is locked behind 5 light or heavy attacks so 10 if you are weaving. Plus to get the heal you have to be within 7m of your opponent. Hardly a burst skill and not exactly simple to integrate into a burst combo, esp with current cc meta, plus we lost our purge from cloak. The execute you talk about is highly situational.

SA is a great skill yes and now the main spam for stamblade. but it is 5m range and does not always land well esp if your opponent is highly mobile, and the stun is locked behind stealth / cloak. Plus you dont get the stun if you are weaving light which would negate spectral bow proc. Its better as part of a burst combo rather than spam. It did work in the past as a good execute spam, esp on stunned targets, but its not packing the hit like it did in past incarnations.

With the current tanky / heal meta nb is not performing on an balanced footing against proficient opponents.

No, working as intended is trading off between damage and survivability. NB had BOTH. Telling me that having both is working as intended doesn't cut it.

Spectral bow is locked behind 5 light attacks OR 2 heavies 1 light (heavy attacks count as 2 stacks), which can be easily weaved with duelwield, now it lasts a whole minute, so you can forget about casting it for awhile. And yes, you have to be in a melee range, which is exactly the point of the class, to play melee? At maximum tooltip I have a 28k spectral bow compared to my 25k onslaught... yeaaa totally not a burst skill lmao. Setting up spectral bow isn't rocket science either. There's so many ways to do it.

SA has always been the main spammable for NB. Any skill will not land well against a highly mobile target. Try landing a dizzy swing or jabs vs one and tell me otherwise.. There are other ways to stun your opponent, one of them being offbalance. You can weave a slight medium attack and it would stun your opponent, giving you enough time for your combo.

I get it, you don't like the nb nerfs, but that doesn't mean the class is bad. I can show you a handful of people who're doing great with the class and will actually admit it's in a good spot. The forums is just full of nb mains that will qq when they receive a nerf, but never look at the good stuff.

Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that many of the overall changes for NBs should be reverted, or at least up for consideration.

I won't play another class as a main but I'll likely just play something else if they don't work with us.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cloak not being invis.

Wut?

lol, was hoping that would sneak through, it is the worst skill in the game though.

Kind of showing your true colours there mate of what you think about NB play style ;)
    Hew's Bane*