The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

The issue with magplar

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Soo yes this is a nerf thread. There are a few things that are completely op about magplar.
This is from a scalebreaker perspective but I think these need to be addressed.

1. Honour the dead. I was fighting a magplar earlier this day who was just block healing all of my damage. Lasted for about a minute of just spamming heals before I got out of stam, was stunned and jabbed to death.
i think the sustain element is WAY to strong. Most classes use their burst heal as an emergency but Templar can SPAM it?

Solution: make the skill heal for more depending on hp %. So up to 50% more at 1% hp.

2. Snares. They have an aoe 30% snare wherever your fighting them. They have a (now as if dragonhold) 40% snare from getting hit once with the spammable. WAY to much. Yes there are snare immunity skills but do I really have to hit shuffle every 5 secs?

Solution: no snare on purge skill. Ez

3. Sweeps does similar damage (including burning light) to shalks, a skill that is a 3 sec time bomb. Templar can spam sweeps. Yes it can be hard to hit them but if they are stunned from gap closer then two sets of jabs unblocked, undodged, will absolutely melt people. Even with major evasion sweeps still deals more damage than any other spammable. Not only that, it gives a HEAL, minor protection, and is an aoe.
OVERLOADED

Solution: reduce damage Ez

Now to address the imminent incoming insults to my build / skill:

I run shackle + Spriggans + bloodspawn on my nightblade currently

Here’s a screenshot of my stat sheet
dk1efwwgk3u9.jpeg

I think a am a decent player, I can win most fights and usually get a good kill to death ratio in bgs.

Ty for reading this longish post
Please keep comments on topic, no raging about magsorcs or cloak being op. This is MAGPLAR.

I don’t want this one closed aswell.

Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 20, 2019 10:09AM
  • Ylikollikas
    Ylikollikas
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for reasonable nerfs to magplar like the ones you listed, but I'm afraid that all these nerf threads to magplar will result in over-nerfs in the next patch after dragonhold just like the magdk was obliterated in 1.6 patch and it took many patches for ZoS to re-buff them in to viable state in PvP.

Community: Magplar is a bit op in PvP, can you make these small adjustments to even the playing field?

Next patch ZoS: We hear you loud and clear, completely destroying the mag plar.

Patch notes:

* Nerfed jabs damage by 60%
    * Nerfed rushed ceremony healing by 75%
    * Nerfed living dark healing by 69%
    * Toppling charge now costs 200% more magicka
    * Cresent sweep now has 2 second cast time
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Your solution for honor the dead is already implemented in the game, that heal will heal more depending on the severity of the target's wounds. Also you said that the magplar was blocking and healing all your attacks until you ran out of stam, a way to adapt to this would be pay attention to your stam and manage your resource better with 2.4k you should be able too and also if he was blocking and healing use your class toolkit. Fear and turn evil are 2 stuns available to you that drops block also incap strikes has a silence for 3 secs you can shut down their healing. The snares well you said "do i have to shuffle every 5 secs?", making it sound like you are limiting yourself by not using a counter efficiently therefore limiting your own skill. Shuffle will reduce jabs damage which is your argument # 3 and it will get rid of snares. Sure magplars really strong right noe but with your statements it sounds like the real problem is your inability to adapt.
    Edited by mikey_reach on October 20, 2019 2:31PM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497536/sweep-spam-is-op/p1

So you decided to create the same nerf thread after your other one was closed,
    It was already shown in that thread it is a L2P not a magplar issue
    Edited by Muzzick on October 20, 2019 11:00AM
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't going to win every fight. Hate to break it to you. You can't nerf an entire class because one guy knows how to play his class well and is literally your only anecdotal evidence to support nerfing the class. I have come across plenty of templars that are good and plenty that are bad. Same goes for every other class in the game.

It is okay. I get rekt sometimes too by really sweaty players that know the game well. Life goes on.

ZOS, please stop listening to people like this.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all "pls l2p" spammer : are you really defending a class (a playstyle) that is clearly op? Then you have to l2p , not others since you just want to win with an ez class.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are defending a class that was literal *** in pvp for a long time and now when it shines a little noskill players want to nerf it to the ground again instead of learning counterplay.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    We are defending a class that was literal *** in pvp for a long time and now when it shines a little noskill players want to nerf it to the ground again instead of learning counterplay.

Noskill players , mmh okay , try to ask to anyone you consider a good player and tell me his answer:)
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MirkoZ wrote: »

Noskill players
    You are. Cause good players don't have a problem with templars mostly having similar healing defence and damage on any class. Be it dk sorc nightblade warden or necro. Not taking in consideration gank builds.

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that gotta go is living dark, I hate that skill with a burning passion. Basically making fighting a magplar a *** show, it's just boring as hell to be constantly immobilized while they just purge and jab. The immobilize gotta go and redo that skill. Otherwise I think they're good.
    It's just so boring fighting magplars right now
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on October 20, 2019 11:39AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snares. They have an aoe 30% snare wherever your fighting them. They have a (now as if dragonhold) 40% snare from getting hit once with the spammable. WAY to much. Yes there are snare immunity skills but do I really have to hit shuffle every 5 secs?

You don't have to. You can stand there and be snared if it's too much trouble to engage in counterplay. You'll probably die though, especially since you're trying to tank repeated applications of sweeps on a cloakblade.

This is an experience issue. An entire spec doesn't need any more nerfs, you just need to fight more magplars.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Noskill players

Ok, just ask to anyone is a good player for you ( malcolm, kristofer ... ) And tell me his/her answer :)
    Edited by MirkoZ on October 20, 2019 11:41AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess when up against an templar EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN TO PLAY
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 20, 2019 11:40AM
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noskill players

Ok, just ask to anyone is a good player for you ( malcolm, kristofer ... ) And tell me his/her answer :)

I actually fought with malcolm several times to the draw both on sorc before and magplar now. Don't think he has a problem with plars either.

Edited by Witar on October 20, 2019 11:43AM
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Noskill players
    You are. Cause good players don't have a problem with templars mostly having similar healing defence and damage on any class. Be it dk sorc nightblade warden or necro. Not taking in consideration gank builds.

I actually fought with malcolm several times to the draw both on sorc before and magplar now. Don't think he has a problem with plars either.
    [/quote]

Just ask his opinion , you can do it while he is streaming !
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care that much sorry. Since you're the one who needs that kind of proof suggest you do that and provide us with screenshot)
    Edited by Witar on October 20, 2019 11:48AM
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care that much sorry. Since you're the one who needs that kind of proof suggest you do that and provide us with screenshot)

Oh ok then :)
    But I really suggest you to ask to whoever you consider a good player (since you said that only badplayers complain about the magplar) so you can listen to his answer since its really hard to screen a voice 😂
    Edited by MirkoZ on October 20, 2019 11:57AM
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. You play a squishy NB and die to jabs. They could nerf jabs by 90 percent and you would still die to them. You said you win most fights but you come across one templar and die and you want them nerfed? That sounds so entitled that you feel you should be the most OP NB in the game to kill everyone easy. You expect to keep doing your cloak burst routine and win everytime but templar has jabs that pulls you out of stealth and you whine about them? They do need tweaked and they did nerf unstable core in the patch so that will help. But they don't need nerfed just to cater to your playstyle which is glass cannon.
    This is how you win against a templar. You use cost increase resource poisons and you keep them stunned. They can only spam heals for so long and once they have no stam to break free out of your stuns they die by the constant pressure of damage you are applying to them. But I think the problem is, they catch you and keep jabbing you to prevent you from cloaking so there goes your whole plan out of the window. As I said before, play a glass cannon and prepare to die.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh ok then :)
    But I really suggest you to ask to whoever you consider a good player (since you said that only badplayers complain about the magplar) so you can listen to his answer since its really hard to screen a voice 😂

That would be personal opinion, and those are just what they are. Templars won't be op if someone considers them as such. You got to see their performance in the fight against other classes with similarly skilled players. Told you already that those tend to become evenly matched most of the time, that means that nothing is wrong with templars)
    Edited by Witar on October 20, 2019 12:20PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really nothing special. A very small group using a pinch point to take out a larger group of inexperienced players.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From top tier players to low tier players everyone needs to learn to play or could it be just TEMPLAR is overloaded and makes for an BIG unbalanced class when put against all others and seem to have been for an few patches now and looking to be stronger this coming patch seems bad for the balance part of new changes to combat
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 20, 2019 1:29PM
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

This is really nothing special. A very small group using a pinch point to take out a larger group of inexperienced players.

Almost any video featuring the Imperial City Event shows a massive amount of unskilled players just getting 1vX(or whatever) like it's no tomorrow. Kristofer ESO during that event showed some ridiculous Top 5 videos from all classes just sh#tting on people.

The Imperial City Event was a large scale gank where better players OF ANY CLASS were just massively dominating newbs[and okay players] in the sewers and above. My magDK, my magplar, my Magsorc...all of them just 1vX there ass off in that one event. It was so fun because the Imperial City isn't as big as Cyrodiil and everyone was being greedy trying to get those Tel Var Stones.

I'll be honest. If you find yourself being on the receiving end of something like that then I will say "step your game up". Oh! And that Godplar video with "SPEED REGEN" is another good example of that.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sighs
    So can I assume that all of the people who have commented l2p are magplar mains?
    The funny thing is that the nerfs I have listed are quite reasonable. They wouldn’t make the class useless.
    And yet the army of magplars just sweeps in and tells me to l2p?
    Come on.
    This is to discuss the magplar class and how to balance it. The abilities listed are the issue.
    Yes, I could have used fear on the magplar in the example, but at that point I hadn't yet morphed turn evil (just swapped to bosmer from dunmer) and was in nocp so my sustain is lower.
    Also I find it rude that I assume it was a 1v1. 2 teams clashing in bgs, 4v4
    Yes I wouldn’t have to hit shuffle every 5 sec in a 1v1, but what about 2v1 or 3v1? Multiple Templar’s all sweeping away are so hard to fight, especially because they can just go immortal with their heals and have the other just now you down.

But as I said above
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BUILD OR SKILL

In my opinion these skills are overtuned. I mentioned why and how they would be balanced.

All of the magplars defending say why they are balanced as they are rather than just saying that I suck.
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 20, 2019 1:48PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice top tier players words for templar OVERPOWERED/GODPLAR/OVERPOWERED
    If their calling them it how cant it be true top tier players don't know the meaning of wrods used to describe a class?
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 20, 2019 2:02PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/A85XP9c4_pQ
    One player who died in above video who needs to learn to play 😆