The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sweep spam is op

• MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Umm. I was afk. Came back after a min to this.

So because Jabs killed you while you were afk they are op? Because if you dont happen to be afk there is plenty you can do on a nb to not die to Jabs spam…….

So , can you please give me another spammable class skill that gives:
    Stamina morph:
    -Major savagery.
    -Snare of 40% per hit on the target.

When it is slotted:
    -Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
    -Increase your damage done to blocking targets by 10%

When you use it:
    -Gain Minor Protection for 6 seconds,
    reducing damage taken by 8%.

And affected by this passive:
    When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional x Physical Damage or x Magic Damage, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.
    So it has even a good amount of damage.
    Magika morph is similar but without major savagery , it gives instead an heal.
    Edited by MirkoZ on October 15, 2019 12:06AM
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok
    I’m going to say this once.
    SINCE WHEN IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NIGHTBLADES??
    I gave an example. FYI, I play an off meta, squishy, critblade. Spriggans, gryphons, balorghs. A hard spec to play. My defence is cloak and mobility. Jabs counter both. And not all of us run a snare removal. I have no room on my bars. I’d have to drop shade, which I’m not going to.
    Lol at someone complaining about a cone-shaped melee ability pulling people out of stealth. OP wants cloak to be 3 full seconds of literal invulnerability with no counterplay. No wonder he’s dying to be people who aren’t even light attacking.

A - I’m a girl. Don’t assume genders.
    B - cloak counters. Aoe, detect pots/ skills. The fact is that if I hit cloak when being attacked by a templar I get pulled out instantly. It’s like if it could turn off damage shields (for nbs anyway)

Nightblade is a full and complete class with excellent defensive options without stealth, cloak is a utility spell. If having cloak countered is instant death for you then, as other people in this thread have said, that’s a learn-to-play issue.

Nightblade is the worst class in pvp right now. Burst is impossible to land in lag, low heals, squishy, and what ‘excellent defensive options’?
    There is cloak and shade. Nothing else
    I will spam jabs if I am against a crap NB that just cloaks. If someone is going to be a pansy and just cloak the entire fight, you are going to get the jab spam.

So... damage shields make you an honourable warrior but cloaking on a squishy build makes you a pansy?
    Amira wrote: »
    That death recap isn't helping your case any. I don't see any 3k Burning Light procs, 1.6k sounds about right, and you literally died to a single skill spammed over and over. L2P issue (probably for the guy who killed you too)

This^

OP, You need more PVP experience. Standing there like a target dummy will not work. Smh
    Aurie wrote: »
    Oh, another nerf thread from a PvPer

How else do op things get nerfed?

You're compiling about a skill and asking for a nerf because it killed you while you were afk?

What is this community coming to?

Just stop with all the nerf threads already jesus christ.

This isn’t the only time jabs has killed me...
    Who do you think I am?
    If you have EVER been in pvp this patch you will know that 50% of players are magplars and 90% of them just mash jabs. IT IS WORSE THAN THE DOTS

So you play an off-meta glass cannon and *** when something is a counter to your build?

Stop being an idiot. This is an MMO, balance is not symmetrical.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I've never had an issue getting out of jabs, sure they have killed me sometimes but I do not think it needs a nerf because it killed me.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That death recap isn't helping your case any. I don't see any 3k Burning Light procs, 1.6k sounds about right, and you literally died to a single skill spammed over and over. L2P issue (probably for the guy who killed you too)

This^

OP, You need more PVP experience. Standing there like a target dummy will not work. Smh

This simply has to be a joke😂
    You want something changed because it can kill you whilst you are afk?

I would hope at the very least it can kill you whilst you are afk😂👍

Jabs is annoying, it annoying like loads of different skills...

Stop with nerf requests, certainly make a buff request to something you feel may help counter play.

I am sure by now you have read enough forums wanting nerfs to cloak?
    A request that is equally ridiculous in my mind, but like many I find it an annoying skill to play against.

Do you have any idea how many afk players are killed by invisible players? I imagine a few more than jabs😂👍

We don't need any more nerfs...
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all pvpers have come across the Templar’s who just spam jabs the entire fight.
    They do this and often WIN because jabs is so overloaded.

Here’s my issues:
    1: snares. It doesn’t need to. Templar’s have a gap closer, they have mobility. Having a snare is overkill.

2: It pulls NBs out of cloak. Imagine if it cancelled out damage shields. That’s what it’s like when fighting a magplar if cloak is your main defence.

3: healing. As if Templar’s didn’t already have a SPAMMABLE BURST HEAL they also heal of their spammable attack? Magblades do but they have no burst heal. See the unbalance?

4: the damage. The skill itself is ok, the issue is that it procs burning light. That can proc twice every use of the skill. Soo 4K jabs add two 3k burning light is A LOT.

Solution: remove snare, remove aoe portion, reduce damage by 10%. Then it would just have a heal/savagery added to morphs, and the burning light would still do stupid amounts of damage.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]

giphy.gif

Git gud
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    These are the people getting PvP gutted. All hope is lost.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok
    I’m going to say this once.
    SINCE WHEN IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NIGHTBLADES??
    I gave an example. FYI, I play an off meta, squishy, critblade. Spriggans, gryphons, balorghs. A hard spec to play. My defence is cloak and mobility. Jabs counter both. And not all of us run a snare removal. I have no room on my bars. I’d have to drop shade, which I’m not going to.
    Lol at someone complaining about a cone-shaped melee ability pulling people out of stealth. OP wants cloak to be 3 full seconds of literal invulnerability with no counterplay. No wonder he’s dying to be people who aren’t even light attacking.

A - I’m a girl. Don’t assume genders.
    B - cloak counters. Aoe, detect pots/ skills. The fact is that if I hit cloak when being attacked by a templar I get pulled out instantly. It’s like if it could turn off damage shields (for nbs anyway)

Nightblade is a full and complete class with excellent defensive options without stealth, cloak is a utility spell. If having cloak countered is instant death for you then, as other people in this thread have said, that’s a learn-to-play issue.

Nightblade is the worst class in pvp right now. Burst is impossible to land in lag, low heals, squishy, and what ‘excellent defensive options’?
    There is cloak and shade. Nothing else
    I will spam jabs if I am against a crap NB that just cloaks. If someone is going to be a pansy and just cloak the entire fight, you are going to get the jab spam.

So... damage shields make you an honourable warrior but cloaking on a squishy build makes you a pansy?

This^

You're compiling about a skill and asking for a nerf because it killed you while you were afk?

What is this community coming to?

Just stop with all the nerf threads already jesus christ.

This isn’t the only time jabs has killed me...
    Who do you think I am?
    If you have EVER been in pvp this patch you will know that 50% of players are magplars and 90% of them just mash jabs. IT IS WORSE THAN THE DOTS

If you play a glass cannon, be prepared to die or play another class.

I am ok with dying
    But I die no matter what when I get jumbled on by 5 magplars all mashing jabs. No chance

So nerf jabs because it kills you when you are AFK or getting hit by 5 templars. Got it.
    Edited by technohic on October 15, 2019 2:49AM
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    This screams of a troll thread sorry .... but it just gets progressively trollish
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MirkoZ wrote: »

So because Jabs killed you while you were afk they are op? Because if you dont happen to be afk there is plenty you can do on a nb to not die to Jabs spam…….

Stamina morph:
    -Major savagery.

When it is slotted:

When you use it:

When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional x Physical Damage or x Magic Damage, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.

You forgot the most important part. That it is easy to avoid. Yea, my first toon rolled in ESO was a templar.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Remove Snare it is enough... No need to cancel procs or reduce damage...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t worry, Templar nation will spam javelin next patch...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Just Remove Snare it is enough... No need to cancel procs or reduce damage...

If you played Templar youd know this is bad
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like templars but... while other class spamables can be animation cancelled with light attack bash and weapon enchant/poison, right? Sooo on a way jabs are good pressure but not as good burst. Maybe im wrong but its something.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • sfpiesb14_ESO
    sfpiesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    Just delete this thread already. It’s pointless. Your argument is based off of a screenshot showing jabs doing moderate damage when you were afk with presumably no buffs.

Admittedly Templar’s have a lot going for them this patch and may be slightly over performing. But jabs is not one of them.

If you’re getting killed by 5 people jumping on you at the same time. Good that’s how it should be. You could say the same about literally every class.

Be honest to yourself the same way you asked for other class nerfs... What class is your main? Magplars are most definitely overperforming, by a large margin compared to magblades. Honest question, have you played as a magblade this patch and played against a competent templar.

Wait what? pretty sure I’ve never asked for any class to be nerfed. You must be confusing me with someone else.

I never said magplars weren’t over performing. In fact I said that they were but that jabs wasn’t the problem. and I said that posting a screen shot of someone getting owned by jabs while afk is a terrible way to make a point. I have played a mag blade this patch. And I get wrecked by every class. Mag blade quite obviously needs a buff. That has nothing to do with this thread asking for nerfs to jabs though.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I would like an answer to this question:

Since last patch, why is majority of Cyro now suddenly Templars? Seriously, like third of Cyro is now Templars, and it's commonly acknowledged on PS4 EU, not just my 'opinion'.

Anyone know the answer why so many switched to Templar all of a sudden?
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they haven't switched, maybe they always were templars. Just the rest quit.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling charge into jab spam does seem
    annoyingly effective. I do think it will be more manageable when the snare only applies to the last hit so let’s see.
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    I think all pvpers have come across the Templar’s who just spam jabs the entire fight.

Here’s my issues:
    1: snares. It doesn’t need to. Templar’s have a gap closer, they have mobility. Having a snare is overkill.

2: It pulls NBs out of cloak. Imagine if it cancelled out damage shields. That’s what it’s like when fighting a magplar if cloak is your main defence.

3: healing. As if Templar’s didn’t already have a SPAMMABLE BURST HEAL they also heal of their spammable attack? Magblades do but they have no burst heal. See the unbalance?

4: the damage. The skill itself is ok, the issue is that it procs burning light. That can proc twice every use of the skill. Soo 4K jabs add two 3k burning light is A LOT.

Solution: remove snare, remove aoe portion, reduce damage by 10%. Then it would just have a heal/savagery added to morphs, and the burning light would still do stupid amounts of damage.

Totally agree with you
  • Swen_von_Walhallion

Here’s my issues:

if you nerf jabs as this you kill few PvE staplar who still play this .... but you are pvp dude you dont care about PvE players ...
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So for all of the people still going over the screenshot It is to show that they just spam jabs. Obviously that’s not the point. The point is that jabs has too many attributes to the skill.
    Tell me.
    Toppling charge into jab spam. That is a brutality effective combo that takes 0 skill.
    Why?
    You can’t escape. Yes there are snare removal skills but then they can spam gap close on you in till you get snared again.
    Also what spammable does aoe? Aoe spam skills like whirling blades are MADE for aoe, but they are also high costing and do less damage.
    Templar’s burst should come from potl, but very few magplars use it because they can just spam jabs and kill most things.

For those who asked, I main stamblade, stamplar alt, magnecro alt,magblade alt (tho Impossible to play this patch)

The skill itself has too much in it.
    There are other skills for aoe, and other skills for snares. They have an aoe snare in their buffs. Is that not enough?
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 15, 2019 7:27AM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

Here’s my issues:

if you nerf jabs as this you kill few PvE staplar who still play this .... but you are pvp dude you dont care about PvE players ...

They should add this to battle spirit then. Separate pvp and pve for good. Pvp nerfs wouldn’t effect pve. Everyone’s happy.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other options include cc'ing the templar because jabs can't be cast through block or walking/rolling through them because it doesn't hit targets behind them.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if it was real PVPer then wouldnt be here this thread
    this nerf is comming from newbie or casual PvPer who definitely reject any l2p and rather call for nerf so no need to l2p at all
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Other options include cc'ing the templar because jabs can't be cast through block or walking/rolling through them because it doesn't hit targets behind them.

It can be casted through block. And great idea. Dodge rolling. Not like some people play mag builds

Edziu wrote: »

this nerf is comming from newbie or casual PvPer who definitely reject any l2p and rather call for nerf so no need to l2p at all

A - I’m not a casual player. I log on pretty much every day.

B - so you think that having a snare, aoe, a heal, minor protection, and burning light procs on 1 skill is fair?
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    MirkoZ wrote: »

Stamina morph:
    -Major savagery.

When it is slotted:

When you use it:

You forgot the most important part. That it is easy to avoid. Yea, my first toon rolled in ESO was a templar.

Yes , easy to avoid only if opponent is a banana.
    Without snare removal its pretty hard.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Here’s my issues:

No , you don't need snare in pve for example
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can be casted through block. And great idea. Dodge rolling. Not like some people play mag builds

No, just like every other channel in the game. It took me all of two seconds to double check that block drops when you cast it. It's a massive telegraph that says "CC me now".

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

B - so you think that having a snare, aoe, a heal, minor protection, and burning light procs on 1 skill is fair?

1) jabs without burning light proc is weakest damage spammable in game, so yes, it need to have burning liht, it have been created, balanced around this passive

2) you should have been happe it have just snare for wait for it.....FULL 2 SECONDS! instead of stun like it was in early gaem, snare in it is to mage this skill more useful against targets while you are stuck in 1 seconds of channeling
    while you channel this you cant sprint, dodge or anything else except just free move if you dont have other debuffs on you

snare in jabs is to make them actually be able to hit your target while you are handicapped by challen time with not to mention for this for very very long now in this game I cant remember when last time I have seen any stamina build not using medium armor skin which
    - purge you from snares giving also immunity to them
    - give you 25% defense against all aue attacks - so against jabs also

3) heal was nerfed not only once in this and in pvp it is barely visible heal...how much it is now healing? 25% of dealt damage? cut it in 50% now by battle spirit and deal damage with it at average pvp player so mostly around minimum 20k resists with 1k-2k impen, so crit hits wont even have visible higher damage than normal hits

4) minor protection was added to passive while changing other skill in templar to be viable also on stamina instead only magica with not to mention this is not vor very long
    and any templar just spamming jabs for that long while not using to much other abilities is just bad templar easy to kill at all or templar which just see how weak is his opponenent and he know he dont need anything else to kill xD

(look at nb trying to do nothing else than cloak with hope cloak will finally work without even trying to move from area which is pulling him out of his stealth xD if someone see nb not using anything else but go forward and use cloak then literally anyone will spam single skill to nonstop pull out of stealth nb and deal damage to ez kill on him)
    Edited by Edziu on October 15, 2019 8:43AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and I will add also from myself, I was playing mainly just stamnb since I just could, I was playing also since beta

and I was playing off-meta as glass canon depending mostly on only cloak and I remember how I hated templars because I was eazy kill for them because I was not using medium armor skill like every normal not only stamina build but even just stamblade...I was hadnicapping myselft to this and Im aware of this as jabs was one of counters to my cloak and I pretended to use another counter against jabs now...

so cleary just l2p issue
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it is strong in PvP, it is actually PvE where it is overperforming the most. And it is all due to the heal. As pointed out before, it allows you to face tank large numbers of NPCs and kill most bosses without ever using a single defensive ability - or any other ability for that matter. If the pre-nerf Crit Surge heal was deemed too powerful, b/c it allowed exactly to do that, then an ability that also deals siginificant damage on top of that is also overloaded / overperforming. And I am still talking about Sweep, not Jabs.

Removing the snare would not fix the issue. It would only make that skill far less reliable, which is not something you want for a spammable.
This discussion has been closed.