The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sweep spam is op

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
I think all pvpers have come across the Templar’s who just spam jabs the entire fight.
They do this and often WIN because jabs is so overloaded.

Here’s my issues:
1: snares. It doesn’t need to. Templar’s have a gap closer, they have mobility. Having a snare is overkill.

2: It pulls NBs out of cloak. Imagine if it cancelled out damage shields. That’s what it’s like when fighting a magplar if cloak is your main defence.

3: healing. As if Templar’s didn’t already have a SPAMMABLE BURST HEAL they also heal of their spammable attack? Magblades do but they have no burst heal. See the unbalance?

4: the damage. The skill itself is ok, the issue is that it procs burning light. That can proc twice every use of the skill. Soo 4K jabs add two 3k burning light is A LOT.

Solution: remove snare, remove aoe portion, reduce damage by 10%. Then it would just have a heal/savagery added to morphs, and the burning light would still do stupid amounts of damage.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 17, 2019 8:04AM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That death recap isn't helping your case any. I don't see any 3k Burning Light procs, 1.6k sounds about right, and you literally died to a single skill spammed over and over. L2P issue (probably for the guy who killed you too)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    As a med armored bosmer stamblade, how i deal with jabs?

-Shuffle (6 med armor 6 sec immunity) cancelled with roll dodge. I got bow and bosmer speed passive. Im just too fast then and run out easily.

-Jab means, deffense is open. Burst them down from behind,flank.

If jab spam kills someone, that person just moving badly, not using snare removal
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not pining for a nerf here but as a long time stamblade main who has since switched to all mag chars I was genuinely shocked how effective jabs is on everything even while wearing healing gear and not building for damage
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its basically like when you die in streetfighter to a guy constantly spamming hadouken or a ground kick... at a certain point you will come to the conclusion that its not because the other guy is so good...^^
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think all pvpers have come across the Templar’s who just spam jabs the entire fight.
    They do this and often WIN because jabs is so overloaded.

Here’s my issues:
    1: snares. It doesn’t need to. Templar’s have a gap closer, they have mobility. Having a snare is overkill.

2: It pulls NBs out of cloak. Imagine if it cancelled out damage shields. That’s what it’s like when fighting a magplar if cloak is your main defence.

3: healing. As if Templar’s didn’t already have a SPAMMABLE BURST HEAL they also heal of their spammable attack? Magblades do but they have no burst heal. See the unbalance?

4: the damage. The skill itself is ok, the issue is that it procs burning light. That can proc twice every use of the skill. Soo 4K jabs add two 3k burning light is A LOT.

Solution: remove snare, remove aoe portion, reduce damage by 10%. Then it would just have a heal/savagery added to morphs, and the burning light would still do stupid amounts of damage.

Well yeah, that guy is OP and infamous, it says so right in his account name. He's probably just better than the rest of us.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 14, 2019 8:15PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »

If jab spam kills someone, that person just moving badly, not using snare removal

Agreed pvping without snare removal at this point is a death sentence
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Jab means, deffense is open. Burst them down from behind,flank

The moment you burst they just turtle up and spam heals. Tho that’s a whole another discussion.

• Amira
    Amira
    ✭✭✭
    That death recap isn't helping your case any. I don't see any 3k Burning Light procs, 1.6k sounds about right, and you literally died to a single skill spammed over and over. L2P issue (probably for the guy who killed you too)

This^

OP, You need more PVP experience. Standing there like a target dummy will not work. Smh
    Edited by Amira on October 14, 2019 5:45PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, another nerf thread from a PvPer
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at someone complaining about a cone-shaped melee ability pulling people out of stealth. OP wants cloak to be 3 full seconds of literal invulnerability with no counterplay. No wonder he’s dying to be people who aren’t even light attacking.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amira wrote: »

This^

OP, You need more PVP experience. Standing there like a target dummy will not work. Smh
    Umm. I was afk. Came back after a min to this.
    Aurie wrote: »

How else do op things get nerfed?
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at someone complaining about a cone-shaped melee ability pulling people out of stealth. OP wants cloak to be 3 full seconds of literal invulnerability with no counterplay. No wonder he’s dying to be people who aren’t even light attacking.

A - I’m a girl. Don’t assume genders.
    B - cloak counters. Aoe, detect pots/ skills. The fact is that if I hit cloak when being attacked by a templar I get pulled out instantly. It’s like if it could turn off damage shields (for nbs anyway)
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So because Jabs killed you while you were afk they are op? Because if you dont happen to be afk there is plenty you can do on a nb to not die to Jabs spam…….
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • sfpiesb14_ESO
    sfpiesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This^

You're compiling about a skill and asking for a nerf because it killed you while you were afk?

What is this community coming to?

Just stop with all the nerf threads already jesus christ.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, jabs are definatly overloaded when used against a stamblade in 1v1, even more when it's a magic jab because of its healing on top of all templar passives, dmg proc+minor prot.

but since those are passives... well, deal with it.

it wouldnt be an issue if eso movement was better but well.. all med armor have easy access to major evasion, and nightblades have 2, one magicka based, the other one stambased + snare removal.

counterplays exist.

dont get me wrong i hate jabbers as much as i hate dragon leapers and way much mure than anyone could ever hate a bowblade like me. but well. counters plays exist. simply use them :)
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

B - cloak counters. Aoe, detect pots/ skills. The fact is that if I hit cloak when being attacked by a templar I get pulled out instantly. It’s like if it could turn off damage shields (for nbs anyway)

Nightblade is a full and complete class with excellent defensive options without stealth, cloak is a utility spell. If having cloak countered is instant death for you then, as other people in this thread have said, that’s a learn-to-play issue.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will spam jabs if I am against a crap NB that just cloaks. If someone is going to be a pansy and just cloak the entire fight, you are going to get the jab spam.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its a rock paper scissors game where jabs kill nbs? Maybe nbs are super effective against something else and this is balanced? Idk just throwing thoughts to consider.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All cloaking NB *** get the spam! If you are bad enough to get caught that's your l2p issue.

I'm happy for a jabs nerf the second they nerf cloak to just be minor protection no invis at all.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

Someone tell me my reading comprehension is off OP died to jabs while afk and wants it nerfed?
    Um wtf??
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok
    I’m going to say this once.
    SINCE WHEN IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NIGHTBLADES??
    I gave an example. FYI, I play an off meta, squishy, critblade. Spriggans, gryphons, balorghs. A hard spec to play. My defence is cloak and mobility. Jabs counter both. And not all of us run a snare removal. I have no room on my bars. I’d have to drop shade, which I’m not going to.

Nightblade is a full and complete class with excellent defensive options without stealth, cloak is a utility spell. If having cloak countered is instant death for you then, as other people in this thread have said, that’s a learn-to-play issue.

Nightblade is the worst class in pvp right now. Burst is impossible to land in lag, low heals, squishy, and what ‘excellent defensive options’?
    There is cloak and shade. Nothing else
    I will spam jabs if I am against a crap NB that just cloaks. If someone is going to be a pansy and just cloak the entire fight, you are going to get the jab spam.

So... damage shields make you an honourable warrior but cloaking on a squishy build makes you a pansy?

This^

You're compiling about a skill and asking for a nerf because it killed you while you were afk?

This isn’t the only time jabs has killed me...
    Who do you think I am?
    If you have EVER been in pvp this patch you will know that 50% of players are magplars and 90% of them just mash jabs. IT IS WORSE THAN THE DOTS
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok
    I gave an example. FYI, I play an off meta, squishy, critblade. Spriggans, gryphons, balorghs. A hard spec to play. My defence is cloak and mobility. Jabs counter both. And not all of us run a snare removal. I have no room on my bars. I’d have to drop shade, which I’m not going to.

Nightblade is the worst class in pvp right now. Burst is impossible to land in lag, low heals, squishy, and what ‘excellent defensive options’?

So... damage shields make you an honourable warrior but cloaking on a squishy build makes you a pansy?

This^

Who do you think I am?
    If you have EVER been in pvp this patch you will know that 50% of players are magplars and 90% of them just mash jabs. IT IS WORSE THAN THE DOTS

If you play a glass cannon, be prepared to die or play another class.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

This^

Someone tell me my reading comprehension is off OP died to jabs while afk and wants it nerfed?
    Um wtf??

Literally just referring to the screenshot.
    Jabs is op. Lets take surprise attack. Does an ok amount of damage and a minor armour debuff.
    Imagine if it had a snare, a heal, an aoe AND it proced a passive to deal MORE damage
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok

This^

Who do you think I am?

I am ok with dying
    But I die no matter what when I get jumbled on by 5 magplars all mashing jabs. No chance
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok

This^

Who do you think I am?

I am ok with dying
    But I die no matter what when I get jumbled on by 5 magplars all mashing jabs. No chance

Well I think most people whom are squishy would die if any 5 players are attacking them at one time. You can use mass hysteria, roll dodge, and then cloak away.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Ok

This^

Who do you think I am?

I am ok with dying

Yeah its annoying. And you also are playing a very fun build that has some major weakness against particular playstyle (ppl just hate assassins, nothing new). Though i am not sure balancing around your playstyle would be effective. Its sucks but maybe try avoiding templars for now (i know they are everywhere) unless you can see a great ganking opportunity.
    Edited by Demra on October 14, 2019 7:14PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabs need to be removed from eso.
    healers are suppose to "heal" they are not supose to be DPS.
    the DPS from jabs is just way too strong.
    now we allready know that we can walk through jabs and it makes them to no effect but that really is the only way out of them especially if they spam us with disable and also slowing us to make escape completely impossible.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    jabs need to be removed from eso.
    healers are suppose to "heal" they are not supose to be DPS.
    the DPS from jabs is just way too strong.
    now we allready know that we can walk through jabs and it makes them to no effect but that really is the only way out of them especially if they spam us with disable and also slowing us to make escape completely impossible.

Finally someone who isn’t here to complain about cloak
  • sfpiesb14_ESO
    sfpiesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just delete this thread already. It’s pointless. Your argument is based off of a screenshot showing jabs doing moderate damage when you were afk with presumably no buffs.

Admittedly Templar’s have a lot going for them this patch and may be slightly over performing. But jabs is not one of them.

If you’re getting killed by 5 people jumping on you at the same time. Good that’s how it should be. You could say the same about literally every class.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a med armored bosmer stamblade, how i deal with jabs?

-Shuffle (6 med armor 6 sec immunity) cancelled with roll dodge. I got bow and bosmer speed passive. Im just too fast then and run out easily.

-Jab means, deffense is open. Burst them down from behind,flank.

This is where you are wrong. Templar who jabs is not defenseless. While jabbing templars get minor protection, the magicka skill also heals for 40% of the damage. Plus the good templars cast living dark before they start their offensive combo.
    Because I can!
This discussion has been closed.