Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Work Together & Unlock Exclusive Rewards During Dragon Rise"

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is starting to sound like one of those special crown crates, that MAY include an Apex item. Some official clarification would be nice, so we can adjust our expectations accordingly.
    It's not a Crown Crate. It's similar to a stacking doll set with prizes each "level" you open. While there is some degree of randomness to it, you are guaranteed to get certain items each time you open it.

Still confused. "Stacking doll set" means something like "Russian dolls", right? Doesn't mean anything to me in game terms tho.
    Does this mean that the lootable dragon treasure furnishing can be looted a specific number of times, with specific prize types each time?
    Also, referring to the word "levels", do you need to do anything further to enable looting the treasure a second or third (etc.) time, after placing and looting it the first time? (I can only imagine some sort of gate based on Dragonhold dailies or something?)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can I earn Event Tickets during the Dragon Rise event without Elsweyr chapter purchase?
    Give a straight answer please

@AbyssDragon_2115, no and yes.
    You need Elsweyr to get tickets during this event from event activities - unless you go the crown store route. Given that crown store items are giftable, you could just earn a ton of gold from something else, and "buy" your tickets from someone else with spare crowns...
  • honeybun
    honeybun
    ✭✭
    rope_bunny wrote: »
    Will it still count towards the Dragon Rise event if we did the Dragonhold Prologue Quest when it accidentally went live on 09/24?

The dragonrise event doesn't depend on the Dragonhold Prologue quest in any way - so why should it make a difference if you did it when it was accidentally live earlier? You'll get double gold in Elsweyr after doing one of the prologue dailies from October 8 onwards, but I suspect that is limited to 2 hours at a time, like the usual anniversary cake & other event xp buffs.

Ok, thank you! <3 It was a little confusing to me
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the gold & xp bonuses, once achieved, only for the duration of the event or permanent?

It would of course be a great way to push further sales of Elsweyr if it was indeed permanent.
  • AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Thank you for clarifying. But for me it still looks like a blackmail. I hate when developers (in any game, not only TESO) force me to buy something or for certain social interaction (gold-crown trading via gifting). Should mention that is no official gold to crowns exchange.
    That is the reason to describe my position with citate "We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists!"

PS: "RIP, my unborn onyx indrik, your sacrifice will save real world animals"
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a Crown Crate. It's similar to a stacking doll set with prizes each "level" you open. While there is some degree of randomness to it, you are guaranteed to get certain items each time you open it.

I think you don't want to explain precisely what it is for it to be a surprise, but for now, it seem pretty uninteresting, and won't motivate people to play the event (the psijic villa was motivating, some people even thought it was a "trap" and that we would never got it)
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    PS: "RIP, my unborn onyx indrik, your sacrifice will save real world animals"

If google translate doesn't mislead me, it seems that the berries will be available again in the future:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/6374668#Comment_6374668

(what bothers me is that the webpage linked in the post seems to only exist on the german website)

Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    During the event period, the Impresario will stock the following items:

Cadwell style pages
    Abnur Tharn style pages
    The Onyx Indrik Pet
    All four Indrik Feathers
    All four Onyx Indrik Berries (including the final one, allowing you to summon your Onyx Indrik!)

I will have serious problems spending my tickets, then. I don't want the Onyx Indrik, and I already have the stuff for the next one.
    So after the pet, there's nothing to spend tickets on - Cadwell and Tharn style pages are rotting in my bank by the dozen.

Same here. I don't even want the Onyx pet and already have 12 tickets saved towards the Pure-Snow Indrik berries. I was expecting more furnishings and am very disappointed. I'd have spent my tickets on more furnishings during the last event had I known :(
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IN-GAME PRIZES
    EVERYONE IN ANY COUNTRY CAN WIN NO COMPETITION ENTRY REQUIRED
    (Kill Dragons & do the Prologue Quest)
    (25) House packs, including the Enchanted Snow Globe, Lakemire Xanmeer, Elinhir Private Arena, and Moon-Sugar Meadow
    (25) Mount packs, including the New Moon Wolf, Baandari Pedlar Camel, Dragonscale Barded Senche, and Horse Lizard Steed
    (25) Pet packs, including Pocket Watcher, Skyterror Dragonslayer Pup, Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche-Cub, Brimstone Nixad
    (10) 15 Crown Crates
    (20) 10 Crown Crates
    (10) 5 Crown Crates
    (10) Elsweyr Collector's Edition Upgrades
    (10) 5500 Crown Packs

I'm from country which is never included in giveaways and sweepstakes in ESO, so this part is very interesting... Does it mean that I have a tiny chance to win anything from this list even if I don't enter sweepstakes? Or do I still have to enter sweepstakes? I'm confused, and reading the rules only makes me think that I can't hope to win anything if I'm in wrong country :'(
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Treasure Trove:
    Place this furnishing into your home and receive lootable bags that contain random items, collectibles and riches.

Does this mean after placing them i receive the lootable bags or does the pile refresh let's say once per day/week and i can repeat looting it?
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut I don't know where your quote is from but it appears you do NOT need to enter the sweepstakes (as per the first line) and only need to kill dragons and do the prologue quest to be considered in the prize pool. I have a friend who also cannot enter sweepstakes so I am curious where your quote came from so I can pass it along :smile:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why these kind of campaigns are only available for certain countries, but not others. Maybe the shipping company that works with ZOS only works in those countries?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Please for the sake of clarity confirm or deny that ANY player (not only sweepstake entries) can win the IN-GAME prizes?

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I never understood why these kind of campaigns are only available for certain countries, but not others. Maybe the shipping company that works with ZOS only works in those countries?

Different laws in different places yes.

In some places sweepstakes are not permitted at all. In others prizes must be limited and in some you have to ask a question for a competition to be allowed for example.

A very tangled legal web indeed.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    What about monsters inside Moongrave Fane dungeon but WITHOUT owning the Elsweyr chapter.
    It's in Northern Elsweyr, and it has baddies and bosses.

@ZOS_SarahHecker If it's unintended that players without the Elsweyr chapter should be able to earn any tickets, then Moongrave Fane might need to be tweaked ahead of time to prevent unintended tickets and a lot of complaining from all parties later on.
    We'll update the article to be more explicit. Moongrave Fane counts since it's technically in Northern Elsweyr.
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I'm from country which is never included in giveaways and sweepstakes in ESO, so this part is very interesting... Does it mean that I have a tiny chance to win anything from this list even if I don't enter sweepstakes? Or do I still have to enter sweepstakes? I'm confused, and reading the rules only makes me think that I can't hope to win anything if I'm in wrong country :'(
    You have meet the eligibility criteria to win prizes from the sweepstakes, even if they are digital items. The full criteria are listed in the rules (including countries.)
    Staff Post
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying @ZOS_SarahHecker !
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a friend who also cannot enter sweepstakes so I am curious where your quote came from so I can pass it along

I saw it mentioned in reward lists in forum post by Marius. I also wanted to hope that finally everyone has a chance to win something for the game :)
    You have meet the eligibility criteria to win prizes from the sweepstakes, even if they are digital items.

Thank you for explanation, even though it makes me sad :'(
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about monsters inside Moongrave Fane dungeon but WITHOUT owning the Elsweyr chapter.
    It's in Northern Elsweyr, and it has baddies and bosses.

@ZOS_SarahHecker If it's unintended that players without the Elsweyr chapter should be able to earn any tickets, then Moongrave Fane might need to be tweaked ahead of time to prevent unintended tickets and a lot of complaining from all parties later on.
    We'll update the article to be more explicit. Moongrave Fane counts since it's technically in Northern Elsweyr.

Hi @ZOS_SarahHecker, I really appreciate that you are trying to clarify things and it's hard keeping up with all our questions.
    And I do see that the article has been updated about Moongrave Fane.
    However, it just added a different ambiguity:
    ...However, should you slay a boss monster in the same zone, an Event Ticket drop is guaranteed! Because it’s located in Northern Elsweyr, this includes the final boss in the Moongrave Fane dungeon! ...

This could suggest that ONLY the final boss in Moongrave will drop tickets. Not the troll mini-boss, not the other main bosses, and none of the mobs have any chance? Otherwise why single out the final boss for mention?
    Anyway, it's a bit late now that the event has started. I'll just watch for mentions.
    I suspect that the dungeons might get busy since people are already talking about the time involved in chasing dragons.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    FYI, after killing a dragon in Elsweyr, I got event tickets but am NOT seeing any sort of double XP buff indicator.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    FYI, after killing a dragon in Elsweyr, I got event tickets but am NOT seeing any sort of double XP buff indicator.

That would be because no XP bonus is going to be turned on until the event meter hits 100%.

Look: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dragonrise

Bottom of website says "XP BOOST: Slay Dragons in Northern Elsweyr from October 3 to help your fellow players unlock an XP boost for all activities within the zone! UNLOCKED AT 100%"
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed the first dragon. It dropped 2 tickets and a golden coffer that basically doubled the drop - a backpack and some trash items. Killed 2 more for the daily, didn't get anything extra from those.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Dragons Slain" meter hasn't budged from 0%... is it bugged?
    Or maybe the dragons have a "players slain" meter and that's going off the charts?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dragonrise
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or maybe the dragons have a "players slain" meter and that's going off the charts?

Underneath, it says UNLOCKED AT 100%...

Which makes me think that, possibly what is meant, is that those two bottom separate meters won't start filling until the BIG meter at the top with the 3 community prizes hits 100% first.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Underneath, it says UNLOCKED AT 100%...

Which makes me think that, possibly what is meant, is that those two bottom separate meters won't start filling until the BIG meter at the top with the 3 community prizes hits 100% first.

Could be. I interpreted it to mean the buff was unlocked at 100% dragon kills.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTE:
    The final reward (Dragons Treasure Trove Furnishing) is more than an audacious display of wealth you can place in your home, however. It also features a series of lootable bags that provide all kinds of amazing items, including a new target dummy.

So the refered to loot bags come WITH the Treasure Trove Furnishing IE inside it and does NOT refer to the boxes you drop randomly from bosses and dragons.
    Edited by marius_buys on October 3, 2019 9:03PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As with the main graph that has been sitting at 38% all day, I assume they update the metre only periodically, i.e. once a day or so, not constantly in real time.
    The main event metre looks like that because of all the players having already done the Pathfinder achievement earlier.
    Edited by Varana on October 3, 2019 9:04PM
  • dutton613
    dutton613
    Soul Shriven
    how often is the tracker updated for both events?
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI
    I think you should correct this page: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57033
    It reads:
    "Finally, every time you spend Event Tickets you’ve earned by doing in-game events (and not purchased directly from the Crown Store), you’ll earn bonus entries into the Season of the Dragon Sweepstakes, up to a maximum of 10!"

But the official rules say:
    "Players will earn Bonus Entries by exchanging tickets earned during in-game events for Indrik Berries or Indrik Feathers as described in this section, subject to the maximum number of Bonus Entries."

So it's not just for purchasing things with the event tickets, it's specifically purchasing feathers or berries. Probably should be a little clearer about that.

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I second the call for more clarity, re: sweepstakes @ZOS_SarahHecker
    What if someone had stored up 7 tickets from the previous event and bought 3 tickets from the store to make up 10 for an Indrik berry?
    Or if they stored up 2 tickets from the previous event, bought 8, then with a wallet of 10/12 went to buy two 5-ticket items.
    Or, if only current event tickets count, what if they had 6 tickets left over earned from the previous event, plus 4 tickets they had bought during the previous event, thus starting the event with 10/12 tickets (because they wanted to get ready to buy their last berry), then bought one 10-ticket indrik berry.
    (And any move that involves potentially wasting tickets held over from before, to use "the proper tickets" earned in this event, is on thin ice, in my opinion.)

I suspect that ZOS is trying to NOT make the sweepstakes "pay to win" by letting people buy a ton of tickets and buying tons of low-ticket-cost items. And I totally support this.
    I just think there's room for ambiguity that's going to mess things up.

I recommend instead that since
    you can't possibly have had more than 12 tickets from the previous event held over,
    and you can earn a maximum of 22 tickets from this event,
    totalling 34 maximum possible earned-in-game tickets,
    simply cap the number of possible sweepstakes entries by what someone can get with 34 tickets, no matter what the ticket source -- yes, that means crown store purchased tickets.
    Because in this way, you give people some leeway to skip a few days in case of IRL stuff.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 4, 2019 10:33AM
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything good in those Nafaalilargus's Strongboxes? Which motifs are dropping in it?
    [PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]