Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Work Together & Unlock Exclusive Rewards During Dragon Rise"

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a guildmate pointed it out right after i posted, thanks for the links/info :smiley:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Welp, there goes my hope of getting the onyx indrik for my alt account without needing Elsweyr. I wonder if the nice support people would be willing to switch out my two onyx berries for feathers...

I'm going to see if I can get tickets gifted to me for gold. Once the event starts typically tickets are also up for sale in the Crown Store.
    I just don't feel excited by a kill-grind event. <.<
    Gonna get my Indrik and pet and that's it.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 1, 2019 4:15PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question:

For the pet, mount, and house prizes, what happens if the winner knows some or all of them already? Will ZoS be offering case by case substitutions?
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several questions:

1) Do we need to do the achievement only on one char per server like last year, or would earning it on multiple characters per server help further the collective effort?

2) Will the XP and Gold boosts be permanent or temporary?

3) I am not sure I understood how the tickets will work during the collaborative event.
    • Is there a hard maximum of two tickets per day in the event zone, with two guaranteed drops from bosses?
    • Is there a hard maximum of two tickets per day in the event zone, one of which is guaranteed by a boss kill?
    • Is there a maximum of two guaranteed drops from boss kills, but with a slight chance of getting additional tickets from random mob kills?

4) How does the treasure furnishing work. Does it become regularly lootable for a random outcome once it's in a house, with a character-based timer like mounts? Or is it only lootable once, and is hit-or-miss, i.e. you either get the new dummy, or don't?

5) Will the Dragonhold prologue quests include spoilers for the previous Season of the Dragon content, which I haven't finished yet? Will we need to do them on multiple chars or only one per server to contribute to the collective effort?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    Do I understand correctly, that they've locked black Indrik (the only one I really wanted) behind a paywall?

How do they expect I and some other people in the same situation would react, I wonder? Rush to buy Elsweyr?
  • Ginger_the_Hulk
    Ginger_the_Hulk
    Soul Shriven
    I'm really not thrilled about this running dungeons for tickets route they seem to be taking.
    It doesn't give you the sense that you're doing something special and being part of the community. It just makes me feel like they are making it obnoxious to get the tickets so you buy them.
  • AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    Can I earn Event Tickets during the Dragon Rise event without Elsweyr chapter purchase?
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a ticket event, so what about the Onyx Indrik?

EARN EVENT TICKETS
    During the Dragon Rise event, all regular monsters in the Northern Elsweyr zone have a rare chance to drop Event Tickets when defeated. However, should you slay a boss monster in the same zone, an Event Ticket drop is guaranteed! Don’t forget to loot everything you defeat. You can earn two Event Tickets this way each day of the event.

During the event period, the Impresario will stock the following items:

The Onyx Indrik Pet
    All four Indrik Feathers
    All four Onyx Indrik Berries (including the final one, allowing you to summon your Onyx Indrik!)

The fact that one must buy Elsweyr, in order to obtain the last event tickets and thus the last berry for the Onyx Indrik, is simply a new impudence of Zenimax, or a coercion.

Edited by Thorvarg on October 1, 2019 8:55PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    The fact that one must buy Elsweyr, in order to obtain the last event tickets and thus the last berry for the Onyx Indrik, is simply a new impudence of Zenimax, or a coercion.

They kinda boxed themselves in here with Elsweyr not being a DLC so not unlockable with an ESO+ trial.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons.

ECNurHRU8AE5oi6.jpg

Why did it have to be Dragons.

Ok, well, bring on the 1-shots without telegraphs, 18K bleed DOTs, riding preposterous distances on my horse, and chain knockdowns!
    Edited by MasterSpatula on October 2, 2019 1:16AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's a "boss" for the purpose of this event?
    • Delve bosses -- surely.
    • Public dungeon skillpoint bosses -- surely.
    • Other public dungeon (mini)bosses -- presumably, as they seem to count as "bosses" in other events.
    • Dragons -- they should count, but it sounds as if they don't, perhaps because there's an actual dragon-killing event coming later on.
    • Quest bosses -- who knows?
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the Dragon Rise Event a little confusing regarding the work together and unlock exclusive rewards. The set up looks the same as for the Psijic Villa - and that was per account per platform to be counted towards the goal. It doesn't really spell that out, so is it per toon per platform, or per account per platform? The post does say all Elsweyr players, but doesn't specify further. Anyone know the answer?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Treasure Trove:
    Place this furnishing into your home and receive lootable bags that contain random items, collectibles and riches.

@playfull_kitten Where does it say that? Which article? Link please?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Treasure Trove:
    Place this furnishing into your home and receive lootable bags that contain random items, collectibles and riches.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dragonrise
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Treasure Trove:

Did you read the opening thread (#1)? There is the link! Forum users and their blinkers. ;)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57033

Edited by Thorvarg on October 2, 2019 7:30AM
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    I had a query with my bug report but never got a response, so am asking here.

My question is for those of us who managed to do the Dragonguard Legacy quest (when it was accidentally released with U23 update on Live for a couple hours and then turned off soon after).

With the actual quest release/update, will we be able to progress smoothly from where we ended?...
    ... with Kasura and Sai Sahan in the Valley of Blades. Seems the Peri transport is still usable for me. And I have the Dragonguard banner and dragonhorn memento
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Is the pathfinder achievement per account or per character?
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused by this, from the official rules:

" Maximum of eleven (11) Entries into the Sweepstakes per
    person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry (any combination of online
    entry, bonus entry, Free Entry is acceptable). Any entry received from a single person in excess of
    eleven (11) may be disqualified in Sweepstakes Group’s sole discretion. "

With 121 tickets available during the sweepstakes period, that means people can legitimately buy 12 berries/feathers with tickets earned from in-game events. Does that mean they would be disqualified for doing so?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker Any clarification? Thanks!
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mycelius wrote: »
    With the actual quest release/update, will we be able to progress smoothly from where we ended?...

You should be able to continue the quest.

person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry (any combination of online
    entry, bonus entry, Free Entry is acceptable). Any entry received from a single person in excess of

With 121 tickets available during the sweepstakes period, that means people can legitimately buy 12 berries/feathers with tickets earned from in-game events. Does that mean they would be disqualified for doing so?

This just means that if you get more than the maximum number of bonus entries they won't be counted. It's the additional entries that would be disqualified, not the player.

Staff Post
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mycelius wrote: »

You should be able to continue the quest.

This just means that if you get more than the maximum number of bonus entries they won't be counted. It's the additional entries that would be disqualified, not the player.

Thank you! I'm very excited for this event :)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Dragon Treasure Trove:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dragonrise

ok thanks. So the paragraph reads:
    The final reward is more than an audacious display of wealth you can place in your home, however. It also features a series of lootable bags that provide all kinds of amazing items, including a new target dummy.

This is starting to sound like one of those special crown crates, that MAY include an Apex item. Some official clarification would be nice, so we can adjust our expectations accordingly.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on October 2, 2019 2:56PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker - I too would really like to know which this is.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on October 2, 2019 4:03PM
  • AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can I earn Event Tickets during the Dragon Rise event without Elsweyr chapter purchase?
    Give a straight answer please
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    Can console also get sweepstakes rewards? And how can console get those in game rewards like house packs. Mount packs. 20,15.10.5 crown crates etc ? Thanks 🙂
    Edited by bulcke10 on October 2, 2019 5:05PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only earn Event Tickets from slaying monsters in Northern Elsweyr.
    bulcke10 wrote: »
    Can console also get sweepstakes rewards? And how can console get those in game rewards like house packs. Mount packs. 20,15.10.5 crown crates etc ? Thanks 🙂
    If you win the sweepstakes, we will work with you to get them added to your account. Console players can enter too.
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Darkheart wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker - I too would really like to know which this is.
    Per account, per server. You don't need to do it on more than one character.
    This is starting to sound like one of those special crown crates, that MAY include an Apex item. Some official clarification would be nice, so we can adjust our expectations accordingly.
    It's not a Crown Crate. It's similar to a stacking doll set with prizes each "level" you open. While there is some degree of randomness to it, you are guaranteed to get certain items each time you open it.
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - Thank you so much for the info!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a Crown Crate. It's similar to a stacking doll set with prizes each "level" you open. While there is some degree of randomness to it, you are guaranteed to get certain items each time you open it.

Thanks for clarifying this, somewhat. I'm assuming what this means, then, is that if there is a particular collectible, we all are guaranteed to get those. So, the randomness might be something like one pet from a pool of 4 (like the preview crates). So that we all do get a pet, though it would be random which one. I don't mind random as long as all players are guaranteed to get equal items. We may not get the exact pet we want, for example, but we all at least get a pet.

I do sympathize with players who haven't yet purchased Elsweyr, as some of them may be waiting until it's available as part of ESO+. Now for the community event side of it, that's perfectly fine (as it was with Summerfall) since I think they can still get the rewards. If not, then it's a few collectibles. But, if they were working toward the Onyx Indrik, they now have to purchase a chapter (even if on a 50% off sale) that they may have been waiting on to become part of ESO+. Sure, they can purchase event tickets, but if they need all 10 tickets, that's 2500 crowns.

There was plenty of time in September for another event - like CWC or even Murkmire. And, it's especially odd considering you did an encore of DB/TG to replace MYM, but could easily have substituted CWC instead, and given us Murkmire or even Summerset during September. Dragon Rise would still have been successful even without event tickets associated with it.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can only earn Event Tickets from slaying monsters in Northern Elsweyr.

What about monsters inside Moongrave Fane dungeon but WITHOUT owning the Elsweyr chapter.
    It's in Northern Elsweyr, and it has baddies and bosses.

@ZOS_SarahHecker If it's unintended that players without the Elsweyr chapter should be able to earn any tickets, then Moongrave Fane might need to be tweaked ahead of time to prevent unintended tickets and a lot of complaining from all parties later on.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 2, 2019 6:39PM
  • honeybun
    honeybun
    ✭✭
    Will it still count towards the Dragon Rise event if we did the Dragonhold Prologue Quest when it accidentally went live on 09/24?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rope_bunny wrote: »
    Will it still count towards the Dragon Rise event if we did the Dragonhold Prologue Quest when it accidentally went live on 09/24?

The dragonrise event doesn't depend on the Dragonhold Prologue quest in any way - so why should it make a difference if you did it when it was accidentally live earlier? You'll get double gold in Elsweyr after doing one of the prologue dailies from October 8 onwards, but I suspect that is limited to 2 hours at a time, like the usual anniversary cake & other event xp buffs.