The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Update on PTS v5.2.2 Maintenance

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate to pile more flame on all the pre-existing flame...

The PTS maintenance started 7+ hours ago - and only now you are mentioning that the PTS patch notes will be unavailable until tomorrow?

I am guessing something else happened drove this delay; otherwise you would have likely informed us sooner of the schedule.

My $0.02.
    Ray
    Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    Either ZOS is unware of just how large a section of their long-term player base is on the fence about dropping the game or they're just daring us to go through with the change.
    Options
  • kitty79
    kitty79
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76116e96d8abdeb19506a6cdb98eb4e54d2216a46044&rid=giphy.gif
    snipe forever ^_^
    -maîtresse de pêche
    -héroïne de Tamriel
    -sauveuse de Nirn
    -grande maîtresse artisane
    Options
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tinfoil hats?
    Considering how bad u23 is and the original u24 pts, our "paranoia" is fully warranted.
    Edited by Canned_Apples on September 30, 2019 7:25PM
    Options
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    I really hate to pile more flame on all the pre-existing flame...

The PTS maintenance started 7+ hours ago - and only now you are mentioning that the PTS patch notes will be unavailable until tomorrow?

I am guessing something else happened drove this delay; otherwise you would have likely informed us sooner of the schedule.

My $0.02.

My guess is they always wait for a go ahead from high up before they publish the patch notes. Since the leaked one we can assume they already had most of it compiled days ago.

It's possible that in this last minute someone realized that "wait a minute! we've not yet announced this bit, and we scheduled the article to go out tomorrow! hold it back!" or something along these lines.
    Options
  • Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

If this was pre-planned, then why could you not inform us as the PTS was taken down? Many have been waiting expectantly for a while for those notes.

Also, why could you not release the notes without the event details and then release those details tomorrow separately?
    Options
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any rough time frame for when during the day they will be released? :)

Probably late morning, eastern time.

Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

That's exactly our point. We are waiting to test combat changes (free of charge QA services I might add). Why is it affected by the schedule of unrelated event announcement? Community is already aggrevated quite a bit by sweeping buff-nerf rollercoaster as evident by countless posts on this forums and streamer/YouTuber commentaries. Why would you add even more aggrevation at this point.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on September 30, 2019 7:27PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes my Monday down the toilet... :smile: Missed the talk about the guy that got banned and no PTS patch notes. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Distraction..lol hey see this new really cool thing, and btw we nerfed everything again. 😛😏
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z12lb63d84sx.gif
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL... Wihtholding patch notes to build hype for an event... That really sounds odd to me. Everyone paying attention to the PTS will know all about the event long before it happens, and one day will maken o difference to the fact. Besides, the majority of the player base does not pay any attention to the PTS, so the secret's safe from them.

This is proven by the fact, that after every major upheavel, you get a flurry of posts about:"WTF?!?! What are these ludicrous chanfgs!?!? They be bad, I tell's ya, they're BAD!" and everyone who does pay attention to the PTS is like,:"Dude, we've been telling ZOS that for the past montt, during the PTS cycle. They didn't listen to us back then, they are not gonna listen to you now."

Just release the Patch Notes and put us out of our misery. Nobody waiting for the Natch Potes is giving a rats ass about another ultra grindy busybody cross-things-off-from the worksheet event repetathon you are planning for some unaanounced future date.

Just tell us are you gonna do actual and meaningful balance or mechanical chagnes to the game, or are we gonna get yet another serving of wild nerfs.
    Options
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any rough time frame for when during the day they will be released? :)

Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

Then drop the combat notes.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The naafarligus event is obvious, i wanted patch notes already.
    Options
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't even need to read between the lines to understand the cause of the delay. They've told us.

The delay has nothing to do with the PTS not being ready but rather they want to wait until October 1 to release their next announcement blog post for whatever is being added to the PTS for testing. Instead of releasing the announcement a day early to coincide with the new PTS patch, they've chosen to make everyone wait until tomorrow as it better fits their schedule, even though there does not appear to be any magical reason why one day one way or the other would make a difference in their announcement. Unless of course the person responsible for creating the new announcement article couldn't be bothered with preparing it a day early...
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

h3s17aC.jpg
    Edited by Davadin on September 30, 2019 7:30PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply!
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    z12lb63d84sx.gif

Basically how it feels to play ESO every three months :D
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Distraction..lol hey see this new really cool thing, and btw we nerfed everything again. 😛😏

They were afraid of giving us more nerfs with nothing positive so fabricated an event last minute to add along with Nerf-fest 2019. That way, they can give us some good news to go along with part two of the grand scheme to drive players away.

Ok, now I'll remove my tin foil hat.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm failing understand the rationale for the delay.

If the build was ready, why not release the build with the previously unannounced event and patch notes today? You wouldn't be spoiling anything, as everything would be revealed simultaneously.

What it sounds like is that the build isn't ready, and this unannounced event is being used as an excuse.

Edit: If the unannounced event is something storyline related, and there's some special announcement planned for that, just do the special announcement now and release the new pts build and notes right after. It doesn't make sense for the pts build and notes to wait some special post on the website.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 30, 2019 7:34PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • EcclesiaFides
    EcclesiaFides
    ✭✭
    RIP 5.2.2 Patch Notes Sept. 30 2019 - Sept. 30 2019
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could not release the notes no while just replacing the forbidden text with the word fish over and over again no?

Well this is what Khajiit would do anyway.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • honeybun
    honeybun
    ✭✭
    I want a tin foil hat for my character
    Options
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could not release the notes no while just replacing the forbidden text with the word fish over and over again no?

Well this is what Khajiit would do anyway.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

If you haven't been told, posts like this are why you make these forums a much better place.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos pulled a pretty good troll, kudos!
    Options
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Commander, I had a plan for the defense of the invading forces but you will have to wait until tomorrow. I thought of a new logo for the uniforms I want to roll out with the plan.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos is really trying to out do themselves, after the first pts week I thought the community couldn't get any angrier, I was wrong
    Options
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    pky1yxeqf94c.jpg
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    LOL... Wihtholding patch notes to build hype for an event... That really sounds odd to me.

To "build hype"? Not what they said. PTS includes unannounced content, and they want to announce it, but they aren't able to do that until tomorrow. Patch notes are held as to not spoil that announcement.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares about the event. Most are trying to figure out if they still should support this team or not.
    Options
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean the PTS is staying under maintenance until tomorrow? or will it at least go live today and Natch Potes tomorrow? This is very confusing.
    Options