The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DIZZY - THE WORST CHANGE EVER

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭

Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph no longer knocks the target back and stuns them, but instead sets them Off Balance for 7 seconds.

Goodbye ESO it was fun...
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget about my beloved scattershot
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye, Felicia.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, I can see it being upsetting.. but to leave the game over the change of a single skill.. c'mon brother that's a bit rash. (Now mentioning the multitude of problems eso has, on top of the dizzy nerf.. that would be more reasonable.) Lol
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am correct every class has a stun now, so they obviously wanted to disconnect stuns and high damage abilities.
    PvP needs more love.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow what a curve ball. I think this might be a change for the better were it not paired with a big carve nerf. We will have to see how it goes.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs got promised class identity. Result: they get to be pet sorcs too, but their main spammable and CC is wrecked.

DOT nerfs is nice tho.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we’re being honest no decent hitting skill should have a cc whether we like it or not.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumbest change 2019... and there’s been some really questionable ones but this one REALLY takes the cake.
  • EcclesiaFides
    EcclesiaFides
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when the devs take skill names too literally. Now instead of stunning you just become 'dizzy' lol.

C'mon ZoS. Damage nerf was definitely needed (and 17% or whatever sounds about right), but why take the CC off too? And replace it with Off Balance????

Be consistent. Isn't it your 'policy' that CC skills have the trade off of lower damage? So why lower the damage on D. Swing and remove the CC too? Do you even listen to yourselves?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was long overdue tbh. ZOS made it clear a while ago that they don't want a single skill to CC AND deal burst dmg at the same time, which is how skills like deep fissure and frags have lost their stun. It was only a matter of time that dizzy got the same treatment.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the 2h players crying a river. Looks like I'm just going to have to retire my ez stamDK. We've survived worse. They're just making the value of hard CC a lot more. Stam players didn't cry their eyes out when destructive reach turned into a PoS destructive clench. If Magicka players can survive that, I see no reason why stam players can't.

Next patch is basically a we-all-suck-a-lot patch. Feeeeeeeeelllllllllllls goo- I mean badddddddddddd.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good change. Doing BGs today over half of my damage taken was dizzy swing, it was dumb.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in spite of being an overused and overpowered skill I don't get it

I mean, how are we going to stun our enemies? stuns are the killers
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage nerf + stun removal, imagine the incompetence needed to gut a staple skill.

Leave the damage nerf, bring back the stun.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the single worst change ever, but just because it's so fun to use, and for a brief glimmer of time, it's been effective, or even consistently usable, in PvP.

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 16, 2019 10:36PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Best changer ever you mean?
    ESO wasnt fun with it, it was just a bunch of stamina chars spamming you Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, and then you die, with 4 dizzy 7k each.
    faster guys kill kill
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »
    Best changer ever you mean?
    ESO wasnt fun with it, it was just a bunch of stamina chars spamming you Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, and then you die, with 4 dizzy 7k each.

That was because of the recent increase to damage and how much easier it is to land now. You were immune to the knockback and stun out of most of those swings, which is the thing this post is protesting
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Even without the stun damage were absolutely stupid, combien it to an Onslaught, and you take 7k+ per 0.8 sec.

faster guys kill kill
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph no longer knocks the target back and stuns them, but instead sets them Off Balance for 7 seconds.

Goodbye ESO it was fun...

This is what I've been talking about in reference to the skill in PVP. DEAR ZOS, ILL BE CLEAR, AND EVEN TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE THE LEVEL OF TRIGGERED I AM. THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF PLAYERS WHO ONLY PLAY WITH THE DIZZY SWING STUN BUILD STYLE. THAT IS AND HAS BEEN THE GAME TO THEM FOR YEARS. YOU ARE TURNING YOUR BACKS ON THOSE PLAYERS. Personally, I'm not happy to see it, I've always loved to get on an old dizzy swing build and just have fun trying to land them. Great risk reward playstyle, and the very core of 2h Stamina builds. How are you doing this without having a serious discussion about why you're killing a playstyle that is massively popular with every stam player? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please ensure our thoughts on this change are heard. It's going to cause a mass exodus of very talented and fun players to leave this game.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on September 16, 2019 11:09PM
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Good change. I like this idea of hard CC abilities not being able to do tons of damage at the same time.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    This was long overdue tbh. ZOS made it clear a while ago that they don't want a single skill to CC AND deal burst dmg at the same time, which is how skills like deep fissure and frags have lost their stun. It was only a matter of time that dizzy got the same treatment.

Here is the issue in itself. I think Dizzy Swing lovers would be more interested if it functioned in any way like deep fissure and frags. Fissure can be loaded, and then exploded allowing you to combo. Frags gets an instant cast proc with the relevant morph. Dizzy however, has no set up, no way to make it worth slotting period in PTS. It's a very bland skill that gives off balance, a niche status effect.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Worst change ever" is a pretty bold claim to make about any single change to ESO in 2019.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Worst change ever" is a pretty bold claim to make about any single change to ESO in 2019.

If you're somebody who was D Swinging a few minutes after setting foot in Auridon in 2015 and haven't really stopped, it is the worst change ever. It used to knockback on the base morph, so like @ZarkingFrued says, it is a major change to the main way some have played this game for a very long time.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, I can see it being upsetting.. but to leave the game over the change of a single skill.. c'mon brother that's a bit rash. (Now mentioning the multitude of problems eso has, on top of the dizzy nerf.. that would be more reasonable.) Lol

When a single skill is a crutch, its perfectly normal. You wouldn't keep walking on a broken leg without crutches would you?

Well, maybe if you had a wheelchair...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The noobs have done it again.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    As an ocx player who can't use it due to latency I basically don't care.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i dont really see the issue looking forward to some of the changes on my warden and the off balance will be useful with cutting dive bleed effect
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont really see the issue looking forward to some of the changes on my warden and the off balance will be useful with cutting dive bleed effect

well yeah lol, ranged off balance, 7 bleeds that are stackable, minor vulnerably. lol.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It lost its identity as a risky to use skill that deals good damage and CCs.

They changed how knockbacks worked in the same patch but removed it from a skill. Pretty funny. They could’ve just reduced the damage of the skill and kept the knockback. Or they could’ve made it a knockdown.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best change in the patch notes.