The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DIZZY - THE WORST CHANGE EVER

• loyalhabsfan
    loyalhabsfan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The snipe spam is cheese because it's from range, often paired with cloak so there is no counter; especially during lag... you're being hit from a distance and you have no idea from what direction and they often all land at once. That is clearly an issue that I would agree with.

Dizzy requires up front melee combat and has a cast time that you can visibly see/avoid. If the buff to Dizzy's cast time is an issue, than reverse it or continue to tinker with it. The skill was fine for 5 years until the cast time was significantly reduced... so wouldn't the reasonable thing to do be change back/increase that cast time? Keeping it the same and nerfing the damage/cc is just another example of band-aids on band-aids to try to satisfy everyone. Also, if someone is just chasing you and spamming dizzy, that's pretty easy to counter man.
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snipe spam is cheese because it's from range, often paired with cloak so there is no counter; especially during lag... you're being hit from a distance and you have no idea from what direction and they often all land at once. That is clearly an issue that I would agree with.

Dizzy requires up front melee combat and has a cast time that you can visibly see/avoid. If the buff to Dizzy's cast time is an issue, than reverse it or continue to tinker with it. The skill was fine for 5 years until the cast time was significantly reduced... so wouldn't the reasonable thing to do be change back/increase that cast time? Keeping it the same and nerfing the damage/cc is just another example of band-aids on band-aids to try to satisfy everyone. Also, if someone is just chasing you and spamming dizzy, that's pretty easy to counter man.

I agree with most everything except your last point.
    Again I finished top 25ish on xbox na in cyrodiil before they nerfed dizzy. Dealing with it on a non killing build was not fun or "easy" at all.....

Fix it so it's an option but not the default op skill for every stam build 😉

Options
  • loyalhabsfan
    loyalhabsfan
    ✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

I agree with most everything except your last point.
    Again I finished top 25ish on xbox na in cyrodiil before they nerfed dizzy. Dealing with it on a non killing build was not fun or "easy" at all.....

Fix it so it's an option but not the default op skill for every stam build 😉

Glad we can agree on some fronts! I don't really put much value on leaderboards as they are often just associated to time played and not necessarily individual player skill, but that certainly does take some dedication and heavy group play.

I think what's important to remember is everyone has a weakness. If you're playing a healer/support role and shooting for high AP in group play, you may encounter some solo players or dps roles who target you and can pack you up rq. Not all of them, but it's fair to assume that some of them will getcha. I have the same mentality as a dps who targets healers lol, some of em I'll encounter where I'm like yeaaah, this isn't working... I'mma dip... where others are quick work. Part of building your toon is buying heavily into crit/strength of heals vs your own self defense... so pick your poison, ya know? If someone kills you a specific way, maybe considering that as your weak spot could replace blaming the game for your opponents strengths as issues needing to be nerfed.
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @loyalhabsfan
    I wasnt pointing out how good I am or am not
    I was giving it as a reference to time spent in live pvp where broken things tend to show themselves quickly and often.
    For the record I wasnt shooting for high ap as i dont run in the top guilds or zerg but I can read a map and help hold a chokepoint on my troll-cro like a champ lol
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump. just wanna say that with a little bit of practice, stunning folks with it is pretty consistent.

at least, for a stamDK, it's much better than spending 4k magicka on Fossilize........
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    bump. just wanna say that with a little bit of practice, stunning folks with it is pretty consistent.

at least, for a stamDK, it's much better than spending 4k magicka on Fossilize........

I agree off balance stuns are totally viable, however there is one thing that should be tweaked. Off balance should not be purgable, if you go through all the steps to debuff with off balance into a heavy attack then the stun needs to be reliable. If you're reading ZOS please consider this!
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

I agree off balance stuns are totally viable, however there is one thing that should be tweaked. Off balance should not be purgable, if you go through all the steps to debuff with off balance into a heavy attack then the stun needs to be reliable. If you're reading ZOS please consider this!

Definitely, it should be like roll dodge fatigue.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options