The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DIZZY - THE WORST CHANGE EVER

• NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would have preferred it kept the high damage as a skill with a cast time and lost the CC while classes got practical CCs in their trees. After the reach nerf I saw this coming as removing CC from spammables is a smart move to make CC a more conscious action. But reducing the damage eliminates the reason why you would run a cast time spammable instead of an instant cast one. Flurry got nerfed too leaving stamsorc out in the cold while stamden and stamdk got compensated with class spammables.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand Scalebreaker dizzy swing is a desyncing nightmare of getting stunned through block and also across the block. On the other hand old dizzy swing was fun but mostly pretty bad. This is, well, a change.

Low damage but keeping the stun would probably not beat out class stuns. This gives a source of off-balance to more stamina builds which is an interesting and powerful debuff.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good change! Finally all those Dizzying swing spammers can use their brains.
    Edited by Vanos444 on September 18, 2019 4:13AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Good change! Finally all those Dizzying swing spammers can their brains.

And then you’ll complain about the next thing that kills you.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    On one hand Scalebreaker dizzy swing is a desyncing nightmare of getting stunned through block and also across the block. On the other hand old dizzy swing was fun but mostly pretty bad. This is, well, a change.

Low damage but keeping the stun would probably not beat out class stuns. This gives a source of off-balance to more stamina builds which is an interesting and powerful debuff.

This is all true. Except can we talk about class stuns on a StamDK? How far we've fallen in that regard.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »
    Best changer ever you mean?
    ESO wasnt fun with it, it was just a bunch of stamina chars spamming you Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, and then you die, with 4 dizzy 7k each.

I'm guessing you just stood there and took 4 swings lol.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it was designed to be a spammable so not sure what you mean here?
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about you use yours and move your ass or use block to avoid getting hit by it. I mean its animation is so obvious and the skill it self rather slow that it doesnt take that much skill.

And this is comming from a mag dk, the probably least movable class in game.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on September 17, 2019 10:27AM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good change.
    PvE 2h build get the off balance effect.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    *chuckles with Supriese Attack*
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Medium-to-high damage, non-ultimate abilities with Hard CC have been getting rekt for quite a while. Frags, Fissure, Masterreach, Jabs (used to disorient).

This was coming to be fair.

EU | PC | AD
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Dizzy was the problem. It was the obscene Onslaught with 12 SECONDS of unlimited penetration.

Could've nerfed Dizzy with 5-10% damage reduction and reduce Onslaught duration. Instead, ZOS went full ***.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh.

• DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    DucLIX wrote: »
    Best changer ever you mean?
    ESO wasnt fun with it, it was just a bunch of stamina chars spamming you Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, and then you die, with 4 dizzy 7k each.

I'm guessing you just stood there and took 4 swings lol.

No lol, but in BG for example, when you got 3 staminas who only do that you just take them in the a** when you stop blocking for 1 sec.
    faster guys kill kill
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    High damage abilities should NEVER be combined with hard CC unless it's an ULTIMATE. The skill was significantly imbalanced for a spammable. 0.8s cast time was not enough to justify that combination. They need to redo the skill and give it a new identity, but overall this was a good change for the future health of the game.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph no longer knocks the target back and stuns them, but instead sets them Off Balance for 7 seconds.

Goodbye ESO it was fun...

Said all Sorcs when knock-back was removed from Crystal Frags.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • RaveRaveRaveRave
    RaveRaveRaveRave
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god. Most OP move in all of the PVP land. Wish they would have nerfed that before the Imperial City event so it wasn't in my death recap every single time I died.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Hmmm nerfing a 20 ft ranged skill that hit like a truck with a hard cc tagged on it that was/is the most common source of dps people see on their death log regardless of opponents build or class, weird. Lol
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm nerfing a 20 ft ranged skill that hit like a truck with a hard cc tagged on it that was/is the most common source of dps people see on their death log regardless of opponents build or class, weird. Lol

20 ft range? No, no, no. That’s next patch.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

20 ft range? No, no, no. That’s next patch.
    The standard range is 5 meters now, which is already almost 16 and a half feet. If the DK passive applies to Dizzying Swing (but I think it doesn't?), that'd be just a tiny bit shy of 23 feet. 'Course, with lag, bugs, etc...I've been Dizzied by people who were much further than 5m away on my screen. It's also super duper common to eat full damage + stun while blocking and fully in a block animation (with plenty of stamina).

But I wouldn't put it past ZOS to re-buff this skill. After all, it lasted quite some time as a super high damage ability that also had a stun attached, even after the nerfs to Deep Fissure and Crystal Fragments for being exactly that.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, there needs to be a knockback mechanic for melee weapons.

Nerf the knockback, by all means. But don't take it away completely. It takes away an interesting gameplay element, particularly on terrain with multiple levels.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on, there needs to be a knockback mechanic for melee weapons.

Nerf the knockback, by all means. But don't take it away completely. It takes away an interesting gameplay element, particularly on terrain with multiple levels.

point was the knock back and the huge cleave together was OP so this is a good change
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    Good change. It's fair because clench/reach was gutted.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Seems like the skill range should be 6 ft not 16 being melee unless I'm misunderstanding the skill being just a giant upward swing that's soposed to hit hard. Unless ofcourse ur swinging a 16 ft long sword lol
    Edited by psycoprophet on September 17, 2019 11:59PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    destructive reach nerf, stam says no word.
    dswing nerf, lose their minds.
    OMEGALUL
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph no longer knocks the target back and stuns them, but instead sets them Off Balance for 7 seconds.

Goodbye ESO it was fun...

That makes them take 10% more damage for a while (so long as you put the cp points in that tree). Just hit them with some other stun.
    Edited by cmvet on September 18, 2019 3:59AM
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like the skill range should be 6 ft not 16 being melee unless I'm misunderstanding the skill being just a giant upward swing that's soposed to hit hard. Unless ofcourse ur swinging a 16 ft long sword lol

Also, don't forget..... If you hit them with dizzy swing, knock them back and immediately load up a heavy attack, the HA will hit without you having to move, no matter how far away you are, even if you knock them off a ledge....
    Edited by cmvet on September 18, 2019 4:02AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    destructive reach nerf, stam says no word.
    dswing nerf, lose their minds.
    OMEGALUL

Well that also has something to do with the fact that most mag classes have their own CC and it was an instant cast 28m CC. Dizzy swing was a melee range CC with a cast time and for several classes it was their only viable option for an on demand CC. Stamsorcs literally dont have a viable play style anymore. Also its not like we were asking for them to remove the CC from reach. Where as you all bitched to no end for dizzy to be nerfed.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

And then you’ll complain about the next thing that kills you.

No! I will not, because I main a tank/healplar. And I have seen those noobs spam that skill, like forever...
    They wait for me to knockback but as a tankplar, I don't. So, they keep spamming it like there is no tomorrow...xD
    Edited by Vanos444 on September 18, 2019 4:19AM