Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 5.2.0 is available. You can read the full patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609

BEST OF ALL !!!

  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »

    I think:
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...

    no.

    i only play my DK, mostly PvP. If i want to change from DPS build into PvE tank build, i shouldn't need to re-roll another toon.

    right now i can simply swap some gear, some skills, MAYBE a couple CP, and voila. i'm a pretty good tank.

    if i want to be a healer, i can swap more gears, some stat, different skills, boom. i can heal vDLC dungeon. no need to level another 50 levels, more weapon skills, more craft, more skyshards, etc...


    am i the best healer? no. Templars can be better. Am I the best DPS? no, i'm sure StamCro or NB or whatever can be better.

    but this is fine.


    ZOS, please don't change this.

    you are the reasonable one but 90% of the players don't accept that as u accepted.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    Every class should be able to fufill every role in their own unique way. That allows for REAL diversity. If dk were the only viable class for tanks, there would be no diversity. Tanks would be synonymous with dk. I would prefer every class to have the minimum tools necessary to fulfil their role so people can experiment with multiple roles on what existing toons they have. I dont mind there being a BEST option for each role so long as there are other options for added diversity to the game.
    And before people say you cant do this or that on non meta classes i have cleared all content in the game on a magden dps and on my nightblade tank.
    When you get rid of the unfun limiting factors between classes (like back when only dk could chain enemies) what you have left is player skill to separate the good players from the bad.

    People act like having 1 designated class for each role is "diversity" when in reality it's just limiting.

    and then everybody cries for nerfs and balance
    why my Magicka DK does not hit like sorc, why my Magicka DK don't have mobility like NB, why my Magicka DK don't have self heal like Templar.
    PS: I have a main MG DK for PVP

    ZOS never can make the balance this game as the way you think... YES it is the best diversity but it is the worst result to be able to play


    Well here lies the problem: Make the a class only good at one thing while zos refuses to ballance pvp and pve in seperate ways. Do you know what will happen? You will have dks that will stay allive for hours while not be able to kill anything (well thats what zos Wrobel wanted back in the old days when he still was a dev), you will have glasscanons (Sorc/nb) who will dishout insane dmg but die as soon as another player looks at them and you will have insane healplar. Well and than you will have the dlc classes they are somehow designed to have everything (one skilltree for tanking/healing/dps)... Sounds like a realy fun Meta for every one right ? xD

    Dont get me wrong im not a fan of equalising all classes, because as long as they dont give every class the same toolkit one is going to suffer. Lets take the mag dk for example, often titled as the dot class, now every other class gets accses to dots which are as strong, if not even stronger than that of the mag dk. While the mag dk is left behind because he still lacks an execute to keep up with the other classes in pve.

    Or take the new Healing ward (300%->100% but they added a nice hot), sounds nice on a paper but lets be honest that skill only helps classes that can disengage, because of you use it on a class without an escape tool the shield will melt so fast that you wont even notice the healing

    Thats said i think there are more than enaugh tools / unused morphs that would allow every class to be atleast good in two of the 3 roles, without deleting their class identety
    Edited by StShoot on August 12, 2019 8:22AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    Every class should be able to fufill every role in their own unique way. That allows for REAL diversity. If dk were the only viable class for tanks, there would be no diversity. Tanks would be synonymous with dk. I would prefer every class to have the minimum tools necessary to fulfil their role so people can experiment with multiple roles on what existing toons they have. I dont mind there being a BEST option for each role so long as there are other options for added diversity to the game.
    And before people say you cant do this or that on non meta classes i have cleared all content in the game on a magden dps and on my nightblade tank.
    When you get rid of the unfun limiting factors between classes (like back when only dk could chain enemies) what you have left is player skill to separate the good players from the bad.

    People act like having 1 designated class for each role is "diversity" when in reality it's just limiting.

    and then everybody cries for nerfs and balance
    why my Magicka DK does not hit like sorc, why my Magicka DK don't have mobility like NB, why my Magicka DK don't have self heal like Templar.
    PS: I have a main MG DK for PVP

    ZOS never can make the balance this game as the way you think... YES it is the best diversity but it is the worst result to be able to play


    Well here lies the problem: Make the a class only good at one thing while zos refuses to ballance pvp and pve in seperate ways. Do you know what will happen? You will have dks that will stay allive for hours while not be able to kill anything (well thats what zos Wrobel wanted back in the old days when he still was a dev), you will have glasscanons (Sorc/nb) who will dishout insane dmg but die as soon as another player looks at them and you will have insane healplar. Well and than you will have the dlc classes they are somehow designed to have everything (one skilltree for tanking/healing/dps)... Sounds like a realy fun Meta for every one right ? xD

    Dont get me wrong im not a fan of equalising all classes, because as long as they dont give every class the same toolkit one is going to suffer. Lets take the mag dk for example, often titled as the dot class, now every other class gets accses to dots which are as strong, if not even stronger than that of the mag dk. While the mag dk is left behind because he still lacks an execute to keep up with the other classes in pve.

    Or take the new Healing ward (300%->100% but they added a nice hot), sounds nice on a paper but lets be honest that skill only helps classes that can disengage, because of you use it on a class without an escape tool the shield will melt so fast that you wont even notice the healing

    Thats said i think there are more than enaugh tools / unused morphs that would allow every class to be atleast good in two of the 3 roles, without deleting their class identety

    Yeah I really feel as dk being the DoT class is gone now because every class now has the same Amount of DoTs that hit just as hard with soul trap and degeneration change. Now we all have the same amount that all deal the same dmg but lack execute that other classes have. They can change a passive that makes dk’s DoTs deal increase dmg to low health targets but I don’t even know if the would compete with Necro passive for 100% crib change at low health
    DC PC NA
    magdk- main
    Stamden alt
    Tankcro alt

    AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

    Tank gonna TANK TANK TANK
    DPS should DPS
    HEAL should HEAL HEAL HEAL



    8lpln9nodi54.jpg
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer not to be stuck playing one role when there's no way to change a character's class. I do have multiple characters, but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them. Do I not deserve to be able to play multiple roles in ESO too?

    Roll another toon. Likely your race isn't going to be optimal for all 3 roles anyway,so you may as well.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »

    Tank gonna TANK TANK TANK
    DPS should DPS
    HEAL should HEAL HEAL HEAL



    8lpln9nodi54.jpg

    Why am I the only one that gave this an awsome?
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps
    Edited by Delparis on August 19, 2019 2:12PM
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like sleeping this patch away.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »

    Tank gonna TANK TANK TANK
    DPS should DPS
    HEAL should HEAL HEAL HEAL



    8lpln9nodi54.jpg

    Why am I the only one that gave this an awsome?

    You're not, I just did, but I do like the classes being able to fulfill all the roles.
    Marginis wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer not to be stuck playing one role when there's no way to change a character's class. I do have multiple characters, but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them. Do I not deserve to be able to play multiple roles in ESO too?

    Roll another toon. Likely your race isn't going to be optimal for all 3 roles anyway,so you may as well.

    So long as we're allowed many, many, *many* more slots to buy, that'd be less of a problem.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps

    Why you don't go WoW then if it match more what you like ?
    ZoS is not a WoW clone.
    Class are fine. Adapt and move on, stop crying in every single thread.
    PC - EU
    Healer : All class


    My English is far from perfect but I try my best !
  • Lazy_Voyager
    TheHsN wrote: »
    I Always Say ;

    Tank should be TANK
    DPS should be DPS
    HEALER should be HEALER,

    ...

    I think:
    if I want to play Healer I need to play Templar Or Warden
    If I want to play DPS it should be NB or Sorcerer
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...
    Or i should accept that they cant be the Best of All as DPS, Tank, Healer and no asks all the time buffs or nerfs

    And of course, templar should be the best to heal and heal more than other classes
    And of course, Sorcerer and NB should be the Best DPS classes other than the DK, Warden, Templar, and necro
    And of course, DK should be the Best Tank other than Sorcerer and Templar ETC...

    The best part, the sell if you will, of ESO is that no one cares what you think in this respect. You want to be a kick-boxing wizard? Knock yourself out. Want to be a spell-slinger in the Fighters Guild? Have at it. Elder Scrolls as a series has always been about making your own way, breaking the mold and not "playing the class."

    If you want rigid class structure, go play WoW or something; let me have my nightblade healing in peace.
    PC-NA: @Sechesin
    XB-NA: Skald
    Nightblade Healer
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    I Always Say ;

    Tank should be TANK
    DPS should be DPS
    HEALER should be HEALER,

    ...

    I think:
    if I want to play Healer I need to play Templar Or Warden
    If I want to play DPS it should be NB or Sorcerer
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...
    Or i should accept that they cant be the Best of All as DPS, Tank, Healer and no asks all the time buffs or nerfs

    And of course, templar should be the best to heal and heal more than other classes
    And of course, Sorcerer and NB should be the Best DPS classes other than the DK, Warden, Templar, and necro
    And of course, DK should be the Best Tank other than Sorcerer and Templar ETC...

    The best part, the sell if you will, of ESO is that no one cares what you think in this respect. You want to be a kick-boxing wizard? Knock yourself out. Want to be a spell-slinger in the Fighters Guild? Have at it. Elder Scrolls as a series has always been about making your own way, breaking the mold and not "playing the class."

    If you want rigid class structure, go play WoW or something; let me have my nightblade healing in peace.

    THANK YOU!
    MY CHARACTERS

    Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »

    I think:
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...

    no.

    i only play my DK, mostly PvP. If i want to change from DPS build into PvE tank build, i shouldn't need to re-roll another toon.

    right now i can simply swap some gear, some skills, MAYBE a couple CP, and voila. i'm a pretty good tank.

    if i want to be a healer, i can swap more gears, some stat, different skills, boom. i can heal vDLC dungeon. no need to level another 50 levels, more weapon skills, more craft, more skyshards, etc...


    am i the best healer? no. Templars can be better. Am I the best DPS? no, i'm sure StamCro or NB or whatever can be better.

    but this is fine.


    ZOS, please don't change this.

    Agree 100%

    I main a PVE DK Tank and do Maelstrom with that toon only by swapping sets as a mDK.

    Sure my health is SO big (i dont reallocate attributes points nor change mundus)
    Sure my magicka is SO low (same as before)

    Still I can kick vMA with my "tank" and reasonable scores as well (not 450+ but it takes much longer this way).

    If I want a BG I can just swap gear again and be "BG ready" in 5 mins.

    The alternative would be:

    Get a tank (main) level it skill points etc.
    Get a DD and repeat (same quessts, skillpoints, guilds lines etc.)

    Are you, OP, telling me that you would really prefer to have an alt for everything you do?
    Edited by Noldornir on August 20, 2019 7:53AM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they all are winners...
    Have you Voted on Update 23?
    I Voted with my $, canceled ESO+

    PTS? lol ZO$ doesn't care, Why should I?

    PC-NA
  • brandoncoffmannub18_ESO
    It's easy to say a class should be one role if it doesn't affect you; when it would ruin the game completely for others ( me included ) I would quit the game because all I play is magDK now; just because you have a vision, or the outdated vision is what you desire doesn't mean it is correct; there is a reason they changed it, not because people crying but look at how much more popular it is in end game community and among new players You can do what you want ; sorry if that doesn't fit your ideals but it fits enough.

    After playing this update, I'm fine with everything, it feels feel, it plays fine, adapt and overcome, I can still clear all content with my old setup but I can be better with my new setup, I farmed the hell out of succession, but that's fine with me because I wanted it; you don't get *** for free; that's just PVE side of things.

    PvP I use a resto instead of SnB now, I can help more than just tank things solo and I can help in a duo more; and I can still be fine with all the "DoT" meta.

    I see a lot of talk about "oh my worst update I quit"; but what exactly is your problem that you quit? Why are you unable to use something else or try something else, did you try, like actually try or did you give up so easily after a half-assed attempt?

    If other people are perfectly fine and overcome this "wretched update" and even thriving moreso than the previous; why are you drowning?
    Raise your arguments, not your insults.

    Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

    PvE and PvP

    MagDK
    StamDK
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps

    I agree with @Aznarb philosophically, I think it's good to take inspiration from where games were successful but these are also fundamentally different games (whether you look at it thematically, or mechanically, or style choices by development). I don't think the end product should be a wow reboot. If you want to play wow, then play it! But just taking a wild stab in the dark here I'm going to say that just cloning wow would be a disappointment to at least a noticeable proportion of players.

    The thing too is that (taking into consideration what I said earlier) when you generate excessively strong role limitations you are going to end up in situations where the prevailent effect is going to create an uneven distribution of competitiveness among pvpers because of the practical reality of the game.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but at least each character looks different, so many different outfit combinations. Who cares of actual game play is boring......
  • brandoncoffmannub18_ESO
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Delparis wrote: »
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps

    I agree with @Aznarb philosophically, I think it's good to take inspiration from where games were successful but these are also fundamentally different games (whether you look at it thematically, or mechanically, or style choices by development). I don't think the end product should be a wow reboot. If you want to play wow, then play it! But just taking a wild stab in the dark here I'm going to say that just cloning wow would be a disappointment to at least a noticeable proportion of players.

    The thing too is that (taking into consideration what I said earlier) when you generate excessively strong role limitations you are going to end up in situations where the prevailent effect is going to create an uneven distribution of competitiveness among pvpers because of the practical reality of the game.

    Agreed, I would quit without a second thought.

    I play ESO because it's different from forced roles based on classes, that's boring and replicating other games I could just play those games but there is a reason I'm here and not there.
    Raise your arguments, not your insults.

    Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

    PvE and PvP

    MagDK
    StamDK
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Delparis wrote: »
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps

    I agree with @Aznarb philosophically, I think it's good to take inspiration from where games were successful but these are also fundamentally different games (whether you look at it thematically, or mechanically, or style choices by development). I don't think the end product should be a wow reboot. If you want to play wow, then play it! But just taking a wild stab in the dark here I'm going to say that just cloning wow would be a disappointment to at least a noticeable proportion of players.

    The thing too is that (taking into consideration what I said earlier) when you generate excessively strong role limitations you are going to end up in situations where the prevailent effect is going to create an uneven distribution of competitiveness among pvpers because of the practical reality of the game.

    Agreed, I would quit without a second thought.

    I play ESO because it's different from forced roles based on classes, that's boring and replicating other games I could just play those games but there is a reason I'm here and not there.

    Well I think in a way it's the essence of a bigger problem, a foundational problem with MMOs and with the mentality of marketing. I think mmos, especially with the advent of wow and the shift of mmo gaming into mainstream popularity and populism, you have a model people see as successful, that players have habituated to. You get a sense I think that there is this "we know what works" paradigm that creates a gravity of how MMOs and fantasy games should be and that creates a weight on the creative process. It becomes risky to break a mold because it falls out of what has been habituated as the "tried and true" when in reality breaking the mold can create revelations in organizing a concept. I think also with this game you see a sort of convergence of a series fan-base drawn by unconventionality converging with the mmo fan-base who bread and butter classes/races and it has probably had a weird effect on the way the data presented itself.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 11, 2019 7:31PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer not to be stuck playing one role when there's no way to change a character's class. I do have multiple characters, but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them. Do I not deserve to be able to play multiple roles in ESO too?

    Roll another toon. Likely your race isn't going to be optimal for all 3 roles anyway,so you may as well.

    "but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them."
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
Sign In or Register to comment.