Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

BEST OF ALL !!!

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

I think:
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...

no.

i only play my DK, mostly PvP. If i want to change from DPS build into PvE tank build, i shouldn't need to re-roll another toon.

right now i can simply swap some gear, some skills, MAYBE a couple CP, and voila. i'm a pretty good tank.

if i want to be a healer, i can swap more gears, some stat, different skills, boom. i can heal vDLC dungeon. no need to level another 50 levels, more weapon skills, more craft, more skyshards, etc...

am i the best healer? no. Templars can be better. Am I the best DPS? no, i'm sure StamCro or NB or whatever can be better.

but this is fine.

ZOS, please don't change this.
    Praetorian Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Kaalgrontiid
    Scalebreaker 5.1.5 PvP build: 2H/2H The Plague Titan
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

I think:
    If I want to play Tank it Should be DK or Necro...

no.

i only play my DK, mostly PvP. If i want to change from DPS build into PvE tank build, i shouldn't need to re-roll another toon.

right now i can simply swap some gear, some skills, MAYBE a couple CP, and voila. i'm a pretty good tank.

if i want to be a healer, i can swap more gears, some stat, different skills, boom. i can heal vDLC dungeon. no need to level another 50 levels, more weapon skills, more craft, more skyshards, etc...

am i the best healer? no. Templars can be better. Am I the best DPS? no, i'm sure StamCro or NB or whatever can be better.

but this is fine.

ZOS, please don't change this.

you are the reasonable one but 90% of the players don't accept that as u accepted.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    Every class should be able to fufill every role in their own unique way. That allows for REAL diversity. If dk were the only viable class for tanks, there would be no diversity. Tanks would be synonymous with dk. I would prefer every class to have the minimum tools necessary to fulfil their role so people can experiment with multiple roles on what existing toons they have. I dont mind there being a BEST option for each role so long as there are other options for added diversity to the game.
    And before people say you cant do this or that on non meta classes i have cleared all content in the game on a magden dps and on my nightblade tank.
    When you get rid of the unfun limiting factors between classes (like back when only dk could chain enemies) what you have left is player skill to separate the good players from the bad.

People act like having 1 designated class for each role is "diversity" when in reality it's just limiting.

and then everybody cries for nerfs and balance
    why my Magicka DK does not hit like sorc, why my Magicka DK don't have mobility like NB, why my Magicka DK don't have self heal like Templar.
    PS: I have a main MG DK for PVP

ZOS never can make the balance this game as the way you think... YES it is the best diversity but it is the worst result to be able to play

Well here lies the problem: Make the a class only good at one thing while zos refuses to ballance pvp and pve in seperate ways. Do you know what will happen? You will have dks that will stay allive for hours while not be able to kill anything (well thats what zos Wrobel wanted back in the old days when he still was a dev), you will have glasscanons (Sorc/nb) who will dishout insane dmg but die as soon as another player looks at them and you will have insane healplar. Well and than you will have the dlc classes they are somehow designed to have everything (one skilltree for tanking/healing/dps)... Sounds like a realy fun Meta for every one right ? xD

Dont get me wrong im not a fan of equalising all classes, because as long as they dont give every class the same toolkit one is going to suffer. Lets take the mag dk for example, often titled as the dot class, now every other class gets accses to dots which are as strong, if not even stronger than that of the mag dk. While the mag dk is left behind because he still lacks an execute to keep up with the other classes in pve.

Or take the new Healing ward (300%->100% but they added a nice hot), sounds nice on a paper but lets be honest that skill only helps classes that can disengage, because of you use it on a class without an escape tool the shield will melt so fast that you wont even notice the healing

Thats said i think there are more than enaugh tools / unused morphs that would allow every class to be atleast good in two of the 3 roles, without deleting their class identety
    Edited by StShoot on August 12, 2019 8:22AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    Every class should be able to fufill every role in their own unique way. That allows for REAL diversity. If dk were the only viable class for tanks, there would be no diversity. Tanks would be synonymous with dk. I would prefer every class to have the minimum tools necessary to fulfil their role so people can experiment with multiple roles on what existing toons they have. I dont mind there being a BEST option for each role so long as there are other options for added diversity to the game.
    And before people say you cant do this or that on non meta classes i have cleared all content in the game on a magden dps and on my nightblade tank.
    When you get rid of the unfun limiting factors between classes (like back when only dk could chain enemies) what you have left is player skill to separate the good players from the bad.

People act like having 1 designated class for each role is "diversity" when in reality it's just limiting.

and then everybody cries for nerfs and balance
    why my Magicka DK does not hit like sorc, why my Magicka DK don't have mobility like NB, why my Magicka DK don't have self heal like Templar.
    PS: I have a main MG DK for PVP

ZOS never can make the balance this game as the way you think... YES it is the best diversity but it is the worst result to be able to play

Well here lies the problem: Make the a class only good at one thing while zos refuses to ballance pvp and pve in seperate ways. Do you know what will happen? You will have dks that will stay allive for hours while not be able to kill anything (well thats what zos Wrobel wanted back in the old days when he still was a dev), you will have glasscanons (Sorc/nb) who will dishout insane dmg but die as soon as another player looks at them and you will have insane healplar. Well and than you will have the dlc classes they are somehow designed to have everything (one skilltree for tanking/healing/dps)... Sounds like a realy fun Meta for every one right ? xD

Dont get me wrong im not a fan of equalising all classes, because as long as they dont give every class the same toolkit one is going to suffer. Lets take the mag dk for example, often titled as the dot class, now every other class gets accses to dots which are as strong, if not even stronger than that of the mag dk. While the mag dk is left behind because he still lacks an execute to keep up with the other classes in pve.

Or take the new Healing ward (300%->100% but they added a nice hot), sounds nice on a paper but lets be honest that skill only helps classes that can disengage, because of you use it on a class without an escape tool the shield will melt so fast that you wont even notice the healing

Thats said i think there are more than enaugh tools / unused morphs that would allow every class to be atleast good in two of the 3 roles, without deleting their class identety

Yeah I really feel as dk being the DoT class is gone now because every class now has the same Amount of DoTs that hit just as hard with soul trap and degeneration change. Now we all have the same amount that all deal the same dmg but lack execute that other classes have. They can change a passive that makes dk’s DoTs deal increase dmg to low health targets but I don’t even know if the would compete with Necro passive for 100% crib change at low health
    DC PC NA
    magdk- main
    magden alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭

Tank gonna TANK TANK TANK
    DPS should DPS
    HEAL should HEAL HEAL HEAL

8lpln9nodi54.jpg
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer not to be stuck playing one role when there's no way to change a character's class. I do have multiple characters, but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them. Do I not deserve to be able to play multiple roles in ESO too?

Roll another toon. Likely your race isn't going to be optimal for all 3 roles anyway,so you may as well.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »

DPS should DPS

8lpln9nodi54.jpg

Why am I the only one that gave this an awsome?
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps
    Edited by Delparis on August 19, 2019 2:12PM
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like sleeping this patch away.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »

DPS should DPS

8lpln9nodi54.jpg

Why am I the only one that gave this an awsome?

You're not, I just did, but I do like the classes being able to fulfill all the roles.
    Marginis wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer not to be stuck playing one role when there's no way to change a character's class. I do have multiple characters, but hell if I have enough time to level them all up to champion rank and farm out gear for each one of them. Do I not deserve to be able to play multiple roles in ESO too?

Roll another toon. Likely your race isn't going to be optimal for all 3 roles anyway,so you may as well.

So long as we're allowed many, many, *many* more slots to buy, that'd be less of a problem.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    As a former wow player where classes are the most balanced of any mmo i think it's better to make this approche:
    • Templar should perform like Paladin as the best mono heal, ranged magicka dps and magicka dmg tank
    • DK should perform like a Warrior as the best physical tank and close combat physical dmg dps
    • Necro should perform like a DeathKnigh as a close combat magicka dps and a magicka tank
    • Warden should perform like a Druid as the best multi heal, ranged magicka dps and a physical dmg tank
    • Sorc should perform like a Mage as the best ranged magicka dps and heals based on multi shields
    • Nightblade should perform like a Rogue as the best close combat and ranged physical dps

Why you don't go WoW then if it match more what you like ?
    ZoS is not a WoW clone.
    Class are fine. Adapt and move on, stop crying in every single thread.
    PC - EU
    J'Zarhim - Night Blade - Healer
    Orack Magus - Templar - Healer
    Blâme-le-Tank - Warden - Healer
    Orack Herumor - Sorcerer - Healer
    Orack Maesa - Dragon Knight - Healer

My English is far from perfect but I try my best !