Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So it has really come to this?

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am lucky I want to stay human. Those feeling jacobish or edwardish cullen can continue their issues.

Never felt a fan of Twilight.

Why do people think the be-all and end-all of vampirism is that Twilight rubbish?

REAL vampires don't sparkle. They're evil, bloodthirsty undead that bite and kill mortals for their life-blood.

I base my own Basil the high elf vampire more on the sinister, womanizing, blood-hungry aristocrat as portrayed by Christopher Lee in the films I grew up with. What he does, he does for Basil first and foremost. Evil, selfish and posh! I RP him as such.

The only sparkles there are the spells he's hurling at you!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • iMarx
    iMarx
    Johnny can't be whatever his heart desires without patience, he needs it now, so said guilds who take advantage of Johnny's need to "Have it Now" are now known as griefers.. nah.. I call that opportunity.

I don't understand why anything another person does that you don't like is considered griefing, has society seriously become so coddled and spoon fed that they need to complain when someone capitalizes on an advantage (You know.. capitalism.. the focus of this game is to make money is it not?)

Stop crying.
    Edited by iMarx on April 11, 2014 8:59PM
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    Phadin wrote: »
    Makes me glad I'm taking my time. by the time I get to these mobs, all this will have long since blown over.

This.

• rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iMarx wrote: »
    Johnny can't be whatever his heart desires without patience, he needs it now, so said guilds who take advantage of Johnny's need to "Have it Now" are now known as griefers.. nah.. I call that opportunity.

I don't understand why anything another person does that you don't like is considered griefing, has society seriously become so coddled and spoon fed that they need to complain when someone capitalizes on an advantage (You know.. capitalism.. the focus of this game is to make money is it not?)

Stop crying.

I don't like your two cents. :)

If this was a open world pvp game, I would not say any thing.I have no power to stop them doing this, and many people don't. I have heard that people are getting suspended for doing it. So keep up the good work with reporting them. This is a form of griefing, no matter what people like you think. You are wrong.
  • iMarx
    iMarx
    iMarx wrote: »

Stop crying.

I don't like your two cents. :)

If this was a open world pvp game, I would not say any thing.I have no power to stop them doing this, and many people don't. I have heard that people are getting suspended for doing it. So keep up the good work with reporting them. This is a form of griefing, no matter what people like you think. You are wrong.

And no matter what you think, you're an overly coddled excuse of a citizen.

The dev's are needing to focus on stuff like this rather than actual game breaking bugs that need fixing, that's what truly angers me.

Sorry Johnny.

Edited by iMarx on April 12, 2014 3:04AM
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's stupid peeps do this. I've tried to get infected last night, but bands of grief moving groups prevented many in getting it.

If someone is willing to vampire bite me, I am more then willing to offer bites for free to anyone. US Server @jjdrakken
    Edited by JJDrakken on April 14, 2014 2:32PM
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to try the vampire questline, and each night there is guilds camping them and charging people 10k gold for a bite. Some are just doing it to irk people.

Ah the joys of a elder scroll mmo.

In the long run, I think the problem will solve itself. Even if they are successful at stopping players from getting infected naturally for a few weeks, they're bound to get bored quickly, assuming ZOS doesn't take action sooner. Even then, each week the number of infected players has the potential to double, so in a few weeks there should be enough honest and fair-minded players infected to help counter this behavior and make it increasing less and less profitable until eventually the behavior dies out.

Action from ZOS would be appreciated though because it's seems to be quite clearly outside the realm of fair play to me.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Gunavar wrote: »
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    Well what YOU saw was a few people 1 or 2 having fun playing a joke or whatever. Maybe the OP had a VERY different experience is that possible?

For all you know about the zone or the questlines, the mobs there could poop rainbows and yell like macho man. Continue on armchairing exaggerated problems! Maybe you have a future in made-for-tv products which solve problems that 99% of the world don't have.

Ok, so instead of actually acknowledging the very appropriate question that he asked you chose to become insulting and start name calling. Way to show the strength of your argument.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    A player can infect you and so can mobs we have a issue right now and that is player greed and their camping of rare spawns mobs that can infect

The two can not exist together so you have four options ( last one... maybe not)
    1: Remove the ability and mobs
    2: make them common spawn at night times ( harder to camp)
    3: Add a NPC that can infect via quest line and have him placed near the mobs as a way to show the greedy players up.

I vote Quest line, option 3.

4: Personally the people that been (reported or found) for their action of profiting should have the ability removed but be allowed to keep the -75% health regen and fire weakness, they will have a special quest line that involve them paying gold they scammed from the players to give that gold to the Quest givers to get their ability back, if they could place a value on a ability then so can ZOS.

• 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to trade infected blood viles would stop the take the money or take the bite and run scams. One could generated every 7 days by an infected player.

And a WW Vamp are up now thread would alert people and help them find spawns. They respawn for a day or two real time so everyone who wants to get bitten can during such a window.

Server maintenance has occurred during in game night which may have effected spawns timing.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @MercyKilling, you get an Awesome just for this:
    It's not a single player game, and there are other people playing and paying. They have every right you think that you alone have.

Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 14, 2014 6:52PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath