Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So it has really come to this?

• Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    So your ok with guilds that wanna make money off players griefing them camping the spots. Its easy to do level 50 you mow the mobs just as fast as they spawn. I imagine it being way worse at peak hours when everybody is actually playing.
    Its not a horrible problem its fine.

What I'm saying is that even if there was a huge guild camping the spawns (which there isn't, it's just one or two people running around killing them because it's hilarious), you can still get bit pretty easily. It takes one hit. There are dozens of spawns. Thousands of people already have vamp or wolf. Go into Cyrodil, pretty much everyone there has one or the other. There isn't really a shortage of it and any camping that is happening will likely slack off the longer the game is out.

Continue with your exaggerations and trolling though. It's as hilarious as the spawns being killed.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawlicaust wrote: »
    So your ok with guilds that wanna make money off players griefing them camping the spots. Its easy to do level 50 you mow the mobs just as fast as they spawn. I imagine it being way worse at peak hours when everybody is actually playing.

What I'm saying is that even if there was a huge guild camping the spawns (which there isn't, it's just one or two people running around killing them because it's hilarious), you can still get bit pretty easily. It takes one hit. There are dozens of spawns. Thousands of people already have vamp or wolf. Go into Cyrodil, pretty much everyone there has one or the other. There isn't really a shortage of it and any camping that is happening will likely slack off the longer the game is out.

Continue with your exaggerations and trolling though. It's as hilarious as the spawns being killed.

Well what YOU saw was a few people 1 or 2 having fun playing a joke or whatever. Maybe the OP had a VERY different experience is that possible?
  • Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    Well what YOU saw was a few people 1 or 2 having fun playing a joke or whatever. Maybe the OP had a VERY different experience is that possible?

For all you know about the zone or the questlines, the mobs there could poop rainbows and yell like macho man. Continue on armchairing exaggerated problems! Maybe you have a future in made-for-tv products which solve problems that 99% of the world don't have.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For all you know about the zone or the questlines, the mobs there could poop rainbows and yell like macho man. Continue on armchairing exaggerated problems! Maybe you have a future in made-for-tv products which solve problems that 99% of the world don't have.

Well as long as the issue isn't happening to you screw everybody else they need to "L2P".
  • Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    Well as long as the issue isn't happening to you screw everybody else they need to "L2P".

Yet these issues aren't happening to you either? What?
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not that far into the game still on Auridon.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I seem to remember reading that if you /ignore a person, the megaserver will actually try to put them in a different phase so you don't even have to see them.

Or did they scrap that together with the other social options for the megaserver? Because if they didn't, you could just /ignore the lot of them, relog and be placed in an extortionist-free phase... that would be a neat thing.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely sanctionable as griefing and should be /reported as so. I'm thankful to say that I've not heard of this before reading it here so maybe you can try and relog into another instance and hopefully you'll find one where there's noone to hinder you. I know that's not much of a solution but /reporting is the long term answer. Good luck with it :)
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭

HMMM so what your saying is YOU DIDNT SEE this happening so therefore IT CANT be happening. A guild of a 500 people cant gather around all the spawn points and grief kill the vampires / werewolves charging people for a chance at the content.

Theres NO possible way for this to happen is what your saying. Did this person make this story up?

I'm sorry reading comprehension is so hard for you. Yes, people are killing spawns. But no, it's not a big horrible problem. People are exaggerating the problem. And the problem is worse for most people because everyone trying to get bit is standing in one big zerg on two-three spawn points.

It's because he is one of the people that does this, and of course he will say he doesn't. All this does is promote bad behavior which is not good for the community, hopefully zenimax thinks of something.
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got Vampirism yesyerday evening.
    All thanks to a certain player who was there spotting the Bloodfiends even though he already was a vampire.

He invited people to his group so they could teleport near them and get the disease. And this awesome person kept telling everyone in group not to kill the Vampires so more people can get the disease.

And after the whole group got the disease he even showed where the Vampire quest starts.

So big hats of to Zak (Sorry, can't remember your full name).
    Not everyone in this game is an ***.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    @deamor666eb17_ESO That's sounds like a good guy indeed. Glad you're now enjoying your infection! (Don't read that everyday!)
  • SypherDiass
    SypherDiass
    ✭✭
    With how they are handing out perm bans Id be very careful doing this.

why are they banning people for this and not for gold selling ? i am sick of reporting gold sellers and wasting my playing time trying to do my bit and protect the economy we are trying to make amongst us honest players, only for guildies to complain about gold sellers i have already reported and ignored ?

i am now starting to tweet eso the @ handles of the users that i ignore for gold selling to see if they notice it there as my complaints seem to be falling on deaf ears ....

maybe if we all name and shame the gold sellers publicly they will have to act and remove that trash while they remove these 'bite selling' no lives also .....

• metaldrummer1962b14a_ESO
    Report them, name them, expose them
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think this is awesome?

it's like living the pirate life. a group of marauding players taking on a villainous identity is as good as any content a writer could prescribe. this situation just begs for a band of heroes to come and cleanse the oppressors from the realm and reclaim the land for the people.
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khazaad wrote: »

it's like living the pirate life. a group of marauding players taking on a villainous identity is as good as any content a writer could prescribe. this situation just begs for a band of heroes to come and cleanse the oppressors from the realm and reclaim the land for the people.

This might be a nice thing if the players griefing others could be killed.
    That would make it a viable world PvP thingy.

But unfortunately there's nothing people can do about these people.
    Getting the disease is rather hard even without someone ruining it.
    It can be really heartbreaking when after a week of waiting and searching those Vampires you only see someone just kill them just before you reach them.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Keep logging in and out until you get a phase that they arent in. After you report them of course. I wouldnt be surprised if they get a heavy suspension out of it.
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely report any player involved in this sort of despicable thing. Hearing that people would stoop this low and actually go this far really grinds my gears, though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. If enough people report these griefers (since that is what they are) I hope Zenimax will be doing something about this, because I doubt this is what they had in mind for people who want to become vampires or werewolves.
    Edited by Kinsaven on April 9, 2014 1:23PM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy fix make it so players can't infect.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one has idea for gods. If blood fiend bites you and you accept misison, blood fiend becomes your friend. You cannot kill your friend. As fiend and friend cannot kill each other, grieving dies and so does mean spirited Mer and Men. This makes sense and works within lore, yes?
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Easy fix make it so players can't infect.
    Don't see why everyone should be affected by something a small majority of griefers are doing. Better to report them and hurt them for what they've done already.

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should hand out free stakes for non-vampires which can be used on vamp-players
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    It's because he is one of the people that does this, and of course he will say he doesn't. All this does is promote bad behavior which is not good for the community, hopefully zenimax thinks of something.

You got me, chief. I'm totally selling bites for cash (except I'm uninfected because I like to PvP). Of course I do happily shoot every bloodfiend and werewolf I see if I'm in the area during the right phases.
    Khazaad wrote: »

God forbid there be any player/player interaction in a MMO.
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    They should hand out free stakes for non-vampires which can be used on vamp-players

They do. It's called Fighter's Guild and it's hilarious.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid of vampires.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Ban the griefers now.
    Submit screen shots & complaints

Also I support RPvP... so make that whole area a flagged PvP area and let them duke it out. Or better yet move the quest to Cyrodil as well as having it in its normal place for more people to have access to it.
    Edited by Rastafariel on April 9, 2014 2:03PM
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make friends. They'll bite you for free.

Though, there are going to be a ton of people regretting the vamp/were thing if they ever get into PvP. DK's and Templars are just going to annihilate teams of vampires.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution. Get some people to run through all records. Warn people anyone interfering and griefing will be recorded and reported. If folks dont flee upon seeing that and risk a ban that is laughable and worth being griefed.

I will gladly do this tonight as I have no problem reporting people for violations and watching them get ban slapped.

Camp the campers. Fair warning if you see me in zone I would love to record you griefing and report you from multiple account. I will even make myself a script or macro so I can submirtreports with a single keypress and report tbem all in under 10 seconds.
    Edited by Daverios on April 9, 2014 2:55PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, everyone. We're looking into it now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    So your ok with guilds that wanna make money off players griefing them camping
    the spots. Its easy to do level 50 you mow the mobs just as fast as they spawn. I imagine it being way worse at peak hours when everybody is actually playing.

This guys is obviously one of those people who camp the spawns, makes it so obvious lmao

People are camping the spawns and we just need to report it, either they get banned or they make the areas where they spawn pvp friendly so we can counter it, it needs to be fixed somehow
  • Xiroku
    Xiroku
    ✭✭✭
    Should make the vampire/werewolf infection mobs more powerful and make more of them spawn together so a single player can't just run in and wipe them out, also change the name of the vampire infection mobs. A lot of normal mobs are also called "Bloodfiend"

OR

Make any werewolf/vampire mob have the chance to infect you, but the rare spawn ones give the best chance.

Set time, and set spawn location rare monsters are just prime targets for griefing.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, everyone. We're looking into it now.

Everyone quote this the next time someone gripes about ZOS not reading the forums.