Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Cloak is too OP a nerf is needed

Delparis
Delparis
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill is the first reason why NB is the best class in PvP, free disengage, remove channeled abilities like Radiant Oppression, No dots and let heal and get ressources back

Shadowy Disguise (3780 magicka)
  • Cloak yourself in shadow to become invisible for 3 seconds.
  • Your next attack within 3 seconds will always be a Critical Strike.

The duration needs to be reduced to 2 sec and the cost increased to scale at 30% of max magicka.
This should reduce the spamming of this skill in PvP for most of the case on magblade while keeping an acceptable number of time this skill can be spammed.

and before anyone start, this isn't a troll as I play stamblade only in PvP, very strong very funny, until i tested magblade where cloak is *** OP

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
Edited by Delparis on August 7, 2019 10:00AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wow.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh shoot you did it now :* everyone know the first rule of NB's is don't talk about cloak.

I foresee a NB in the shadows waiting for you very soon.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by BlueRaven on August 7, 2019 10:15AM
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    This skill is the first reason why NB is the best class in PvP, free disengage, remove channeled abilities like Radiant Oppression, No dots and let heal and get ressources back

The duration needs to be reduced to 2 sec and the cost increased to scale at 30% of max magicka.
    This should reduce the spamming of this skill in PvP for most of the case on magblade while keeping an acceptable number of time this skill can be spammed.

and before anyone start, this isn't a troll as I play stamblade only in PvP, very strong very funny, until i tested magblade where cloak is *** OP

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Maybe u shouldnt wait 30 minutes until a potato cross ur way. Fight the solo DKs, Temps, Wardens and Sorcs with months/years of pvp playtime and than tell us again how overpowered NBs are atm.

Just lol...
    Edited by Luede on August 7, 2019 10:11AM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats such a superbad idea. Im fine with nerfing cloakspam in some way or form, to stop all the random nbs spamming cloak and just poking you with high dmg skills here and there and going right back to cloak (while you are fighting ppl in cyro) , but your suggested nerf is terrible.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are already lots of counters to cloak, which either prevent, pull them out of or detect cloaked NBs. People could just use those.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m genuinely impressed how someone can make it to gold tier meme standard within 3 weeks of pts - considering how long other worked for that.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hated stamblades since day 1. Ive hated playing them as much as I have hated fighting against them. I've long held that they were severely OP and that they were one class where you, as a player, could do a LOT of damage with little skill. With no practice and a bit of understanding, stamina NBs allowed you to have an insane amount of control over the flow of the fight while launching ridiculous combos with lethal consistency and repetition.

That said, stam NBs have long since been toned down considerably and really no longer pose any more of a threat than most other classes, less than some. I never thought Id see the day, but here I am saying cloak is just fine.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I have hated stamblades since day 1. Ive hated playing them as much as I have hated fighting against them. I've long held that they were severely OP and that they were one class where you, as a player, could do a LOT of damage with little skill. With no practice and a bit of understanding, stamina NBs allowed you to have an insane amount of control over the flow of the fight while launching ridiculous combos with lethal consistency and repetition.

That said, stam NBs have long since been toned down considerably and really no longer pose any more of a threat than most other classes, less than some. I never thought Id see the day, but here I am saying cloak is just fine.

And then you realize that this topic is about cloak on a magblade...
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

well then lmao because who the *** complains about magicka NBs.
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

The thread makes even less sense in case of magblade; the spec is currently not the top dog in PvP, especially now that Master destro took a hit.
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, go ahead. I'll easily drop Cloak, my overpowered 10,7k Vigor tooltip is enough to keep me alive.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even the strongest class.

Please stop making multiple threads just to QQ about not wanting to learn how to counter a very easily countered skill
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piercing Mark is free of cost. You can spam it just as your overpowered enemies spam cloak.
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

So... What's your ingame @ ID? 😈
    Mageblade hungers.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Thats such a superbad idea. Im fine with nerfing cloakspam in some way or form, to stop all the random nbs spamming cloak and just poking you with high dmg skills here and there and going right back to cloak (while you are fighting ppl in cyro) , but your suggested nerf is terrible.

and how can you prevent spam? the only possible way is to increase the cost.

While 3700 magicka is okay for stamblade, for magblade 3700 magicka is *** cheap as one magblade can spam it 6 or 7 times before he runs out of magicka.

Just make it scale to max magicka (in this case 30%) si for 15k magicka pool stamblade that's 5k magicka, for magblade with 35k magicka pool that's 10k magicka
    Options
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most magblades use the other morph now. Big hot and minor protection is pretty good. Most stamblades hit like wet noodles now. Cloak is fine.
    olsborg wrote: »

and how can you prevent spam? the only possible way is to increase the cost.

While 3700 magicka is okay for stamblade, for magblade 3700 magicka is *** cheap as one magblade can spam it 6 or 7 times before he runs out of magicka.

Just make it scale to max magicka (in this case 30%) si for 15k magicka pool stamblade that's 5k magicka, for magblade with 35k magicka pool that's 10k magicka

Bruh, 10k I'm not saying you don't have a point but you lose everyone when making such ridiculous suggestions.
    Options
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about you can't reenter cloak for 2.5 seconds after cast, pull a magebladee out of cloak and you have some time to work on them. But 10k cost, c'mon. Be reasonable.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crystal frags needs a nerf before cloak does.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you can't reenter cloak for 2.5 seconds after cast, pull a magebladee out of cloak and you have some time to work on them. But 10k cost, c'mon. Be reasonable.

This isn't reasonable as he can spam it again after 0.5 sec.

Also there is no many skills that prevent stealthy nightblades, as inner light is useless and the only working skills are Piercing Mark and sweeps which are class specific.

As a former wow player since vanilla i remember the time where thief (nightblade) can stunlock target till is dead. With ESO nightblade control the battle, when it start and when it stops, he can cloak ambush hit 2 more time then cloak rinse and repeat.

If cloak is powerful on stamblade it's deadly on magblade. This skill really need a rework as it's too easy to chain kills without dmg.

I play Templar, Sorc and Nightblade and upping a Necro atm. so i know what class perform the best. atm it's NB then Sorc.
    I'll check if Sorc will go ahead with the changes to Healing ward.

my point isn't trolling but balancing all the classes so they can perform equaly in the battlefield.
    Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show us where the nb touched you and why you can't learn to play.

Imagine comaining about cloak from a magplar perspective, the class with the most counters to cloak. Are you really this bad, and still talk?
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, positively not.
    Options
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭

Also there is no many skills that prevent stealthy nightblades, as inner light is useless and the only working skills are Piercing Mark and sweeps which are class specific.

As a former wow player since vanilla i remember the time where thief (nightblade) can stunlock target till is dead. With ESO nightblade control the battle, when it start and when it stops, he can cloak ambush hit 2 more time then cloak rinse and repeat.

If cloak is powerful on stamblade it's deadly on magblade. This skill really need a rework as it's too easy to chain kills without dmg.

I play Templar, Sorc and Nightblade and upping a Necro atm. so i know what class perform the best. atm it's NB then Sorc.

my point isn't trolling but balancing all the classes so they can perform equaly in the battlefield.

Bruh a nb should be able to perma cloak. Imposing a small penalty for being caught out of cloak is fine. But removing cloak from the game as you would have it is not. You can't request to butcher something for your own wants. Be reasonable. Cloak has many counters. I've played magblade since launch. Cloak is not near as good as you think.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another person who has to git gud and learn to play. There are many ways to counter NBs. Learn one of em.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NBs perform with bad enemys, use detection pods, 80% of NBs are dead after using it.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf nerf nerf...
    This is the curse word that destroys of ESO.
    Options
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only traditional ganky type magblades still use cloak, most have already dropped it for various reasons like it having so many counters. If you have problems with magblade or cloak then here's a "GIT GUD" for you. Also, here's a "L2P", it's on the house!!
    Options
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only traditional ganky type magblades still use cloak, most have already dropped it for various reasons like it having so many counters. If you have problems with magblade or cloak then here's a "GIT GUD" for you. Also, here's a "L2P", it's on the house!!

Ive seen every stamblade or magblade using Cloak in PvP all the time. Apart from those silly cheese tank setups from stamDKs, they´re by far the hardest classes to be killed (they die, just need more effort and proper setup where other classes dont).
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what nightblade look like in ESO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJHbmZUqR8

So you will quit ESO when WoW classic releases? Right...?

Nop just to show how a NB can stunlock in wow and why this is where ESO is heading
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what nightblade look like in ESO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJHbmZUqR8

So you will quit ESO when WoW classic releases? Right...?

Nop just to show how a NB can stunlock in wow and why this is where ESO is heading

Do you know that you can break stuns in ESO and that there is a CC imunity?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.