Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Undaunted Key Updates

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the changes made to Undaunted Keys. We encourage you to purchase some coffers and style pages from the Undaunted Pledge-givers, to see what your Undaunted Keys can do now! PTS specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you find these changes to be clear and rewarding?
  • Do you prefer having the Keys as a currency rather than carrying them in your inventory?
  • Is it clear which sets you can receive from the different vendors and coffers?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 8, 2019 3:39PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ahnog
    Ahnog
    ✭✭
    Definitely prefer having the keys as a currency.

I don't know, haven't seen the rewards you can buy yet, but I've been trying for one shoulder for over a year now with no luck. Any cure to that is welcome.
    Edited by Ahnog on July 9, 2019 11:06AM
    Ahnog

Argonian Tank Warden
    High Elf Mag Warden
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 5 keys is a bit too steep given the fact you still only get a 50% drop chance AND you still have to gamble on the armor type as well as the trait. Reducing the cost to 2-3 keys is more reasonable given the RNG factors stated above. Remember that the majority of players only do the non-DLC pledges each day, and of those folks only an even smaller handful do the vet HM to get 2 keys. If the average player is only getting 2 keys each day (4 max), then the cost of 5 keys for what equates to an abysmal gamble is unreasonable.

NOTE: A super small fraction of players even bother with the DLC dungeons because of how unfriendly they are for pugs - this is a known fact. Those pledges are not factored in because realistically only WGT and maybe ICP pledges are bothered with by the average player. Basically, players can get a max of 4 keys if they get lucky with a pug - otherwise it's only 2 keys a day.

TL;DR: Spending 5 keys for a triple-layered RNG roll is unreasonable in any case. Reduce to 2-3 keys.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great change (the best change actually on this patch). Good job on it. Maybe 5 keys are too much, but it´s fine.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turning keys into currency is a good idea, it frees up precious bag space. 5 keys for a chance at a specific dungeon's monster set still seems rather high, given you still have a 50% of getting the wrong set, and you also need to worry about the trait and weight after that.

On a separate note, can I suggest a quality of life change to pledge quests? Currently, if you queue into a pledge dungeon that is half completed using the group finder, you don't get quest credit for the bosses you missed, making it such that you need to run the dungeon twice to get all the quest objectives done, or you need to leave group to try again. The newer DLC pledges only have one objective, which is to kill the last boss. Can we make it such that all the pledges are like this please? This will help incentivize people to use the group finder more without having to worry, since once the last boss dies the dungeon is marked as complete (people won't be able to queue in any more).

Increasing the key/gold/XP rewards for DLC pledges, which are usually longer and harder, would also encourage more people to run them (2 keys for a norm completion, 3 for vet, 4 for vet HM etc.).
    Edited by Contraptions on July 13, 2019 9:29AM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are all worried about five keys for this or that I have all shoulders I'm worried about the fact that it's 50 keys for one style page to be honest I get my styling Pages as it stands today with the use of maybe five to six Keys tops so now I have to spend 44 more extra to get the same exact thing and then we're talked about how long it takes to get these Keys saved up to 50 and here we are going to have a monthly shoulder Style you can't save 50 in one month
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on July 14, 2019 1:17AM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 keys of 50% drop chance is trash idea.
    It must be a 100% drop chance.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the changes made to Undaunted Keys. We encourage you to purchase some coffers and style pages from the Undaunted Pledge-givers, to see what your Undaunted Keys can do now! PTS specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you find these changes to be clear and rewarding?
    • Do you prefer having the Keys as a currency rather than carrying them in your inventory?
    • Is it clear which sets you can receive from the different vendors and coffers?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Can we get an opt out of dlc dungeons for random dungeons no one does them with pugs and more times than not even on normal the pugs can't clear it. Making alot of the key grind and daily rewards a hassel unless you got that one friend who refuses eso plus to tag along.

Also maybe add more daily pledges maybe have like 4 base game pledges and 2 dlc pledges since we need more keys now for alot of stuff
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    I once spent 25+ keys to get the right shoulders I needed (not the weight, just any drop of the shoulders)

I'm excited for this so *statistically* I should be able to get the right shoulders I need in a shorter period of time...

I say statistically because desire sensor, RNGesus, and I are NOT on good terms LOL
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish there was more that we could buy with keys. Why not have the Undaunted Quartermaster offer some of that achievement furnishings for keys instead of gold? Why not offer alchemy satchels for keys? Shoulders and style pages seem... rather limited.

Alchemy satchels would be my biggest wish. An addition like this would get a lot of people to do pledges even when they're not seeking shoulders.
    Edited by code65536 on July 16, 2019 11:23PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I really wish there was more that we could buy with keys. Why not have the Undaunted Quartermaster offer some of that achievement furnishings for keys instead of gold? Why not offer alchemy satchels for keys? Shoulders and style pages seem... rather limited.

You posted this in another thread a little while ago and the alchemy satchels is such a good idea that I felt the need to chime in again and say yes please!
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Alchemy satchels would be my biggest wish.

This is an absolutely brilliant idea. A lot more people would start doing pledges. Please dear Santa, make it happen.
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A dungeon gives ONE key for ONE chance at a shoulder.
    Whereas a dungeon RUN gives you 1-4 Monster Head pieces, depending on how interested the other members are in collecting the Head piece. Players who already have their head piece are likely to just give their drop, so the player trying to get a piece could end up with 4 pieces -- 4 chances at the correct weight, at 100% chance of the correct set type.

Further consider that a lot of sets are probably not used by players at all.

PROPOSAL:
    Instead of 5 keys for your choice of 2 pieces, 1 key gives you 4 random pieces to choose from AND your choice of fixing Weight (Heavy/Medium/Light) or Role (Tank/Healer/Stamina DPS/Magicka DPS).
    Also, 1 key can be traded for a transmutation geodes, to help with the trait.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 5, 2019 9:19AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making them a currency is great. More inventory slots are always better.

5 keys to give you certainty vs. a 1-in-6 chance of getting the pair of dungeons you want most is ridiculously costly. Even at 2 keys I might not take the deal.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 keys for a 16% chance on the desired shoulder is way too steep of a cost.
    A reduction of the cost from 5 keys to 3 keys would seem fair.

5 keys: a chance at 2 different shoulder sets, each with 3 different weights, which one cannot change.
    (Trait doesn't matter as much because trait can be changed via Transmutation).

Let players choose the set or choose the weight; or, simply reduce the cost from 5 keys to 3 keys.
    5 keys for a 16% chance on receiving one's desired shoulder is not just bad RNG, but too expensive per attempt.

The cost at 5 keys per 16% chance at desired shoulder is too high in comparison to the amount of shoulders sets, weights, and trait combinations, number of player characters, number of set builds per character, etc.

3 keys per 16% chance seems fair. There are 3 different armor weights, and a 50% chance of receiving the desired shoulder.

3 armor weights. 3 keys. Please..? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 16, 2019 5:14PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want 5 keys with a 50% chance to get a different set, then make a change to how it works. Make it a type of shoulder set change that you apply to a shoulder piece to change it that undaunted set piece that keeps the armor weight, trait and enchantment. So you could take a crafted Light Breton 50 cp160, charged with Magika enchantment, it's still that but adds they undaunted ability of that piece and look or it could start as a overland drop or even a trial drop if you wanted. Whatever it was set wise is overwritten with no going back but you have control on keeping the weight, trait and enchantment.

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • BR0WN_H0RN3T
    Change the 5 keys to 3 keys. That's fair.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keys being a currency is a great change, but I also 100% agree that 5 keys is wayyyy too steep a price for the amount of RNG that's STILL involved. For 5 I would expect to be able to select the set at least, not have a 50% chance of getting trash over and over again. Happened recently to me with the Bloodspawn Shoulders. 30+ keys, 1 BS Shoulder in the wrong weight+trait. Just, no.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want iceheart Medium, 15 Keys and i still only got Iceheart 3 times on Light. Tried 3 random keys and got Grothdarr on 3 different weights, i really don't know what to think, good or bad don`t know
    Edited by yRaven on September 18, 2019 6:28PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)