Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Vigor will stay OP as hell?

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope it stays this way!
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Stibbons wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    If Vigor gets nerfed, same should apply to Rapid Regen/Mutagen.

Single target heal that hits random dude. Ok.

Is not random,hit the lowest ally in the area and heal the same as vigor even more if you add the two passive from resto staff and you can also heal someone when needed.

If vigor get nerfed rapid should be nerfed aswell and vice versa.

But you still have to slot a resto staff, and it hits one target. Vigor hits all targets in the area and requires no specific weapon or class. There is no mag equivalent.

Yes and magika got class skill about heal/shield unlike stamina alredy said this more than one time.
    Also the vigor people complain about is single target so idk what are you talking about.
    The aoe vigor is going to get some change too.

Stamina is forced on the 2h aswell so?how is so different?spare me the crap about how resto staff is weak which is BS.

Right
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »

Is not random,hit the lowest ally in the area and heal the same as vigor even more if you add the two passive from resto staff and you can also heal someone when needed.

I love how you tried to make one of the biggest downsides of Rapid regen into a feature, ea resto passives.
    You can attach any weapon passives to Vigor as you wish. You're aware of that, right?

are you aware that is the same for almost every stamina char that have to use the 2h for rally/momentum?

By this logic rally is bad since you need to equip a 2h :neutral:

2H is probably the best weapon line in the game, with execute, spammable, heal, stun, gapcloser, DoT and good passives. StamDKs and StamSorcs live by the two-handed sword.
    Resto, on the other hand, serves only a support purpose. With weak, situational passives. And unreliable, one-dimensional skills. It's nowhere close to 2H. And yet, stamina gets that last restriction removed, whereas magicka is expected to double down on the resto support. AND still has no guarantee for the big heals to actually help the caster. It's obviously biased.

Forced to run Restro? Show me the class that lacks magic based class heals.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Itzmichi , if you checked combat log and you see ticks from more than two (external) vigors, it's a (PTS-introduced) bug. And if so, it should get fixed, that's about it.

SodanTok , vigor can't stack indefinitely because it's a target-applied effect. Ground HoTs do stack, but target-applied HoTs don't, same as, for instance, Mutagen - if two healers cast it, only one copy will be running on target, but different morphs would stack, so if another healer runs Rapid Regen, it will stack with Mutagen.

@John_Falstaff Then explain why I have great amount of logs from various trials where one person is getting healed by 2 or even more resolving vigors even at same second. I am listening.

igy8yfd98cwe.png

You sure people aren't spamming it? Because if everyone around spams it, yes, you will get multiple initial ticks that will appear the moment effect refreshes.

upib6alx0831.png

Same log, this time casts in that same time span. While yes one person is here 3 times you can see my previous log happened after his 2nd cast and before 3rd

Then raise the cost not nerf the skill.

I dont believe the skill is OP in slightest, one has to play magicka religiously and avoid trying medium stam build in PVP like a plague to honestly believe that.

But I believe it stacks.

Well, if it doesn’t stack it’s okay. If it does stack echoing vigor would be comparable with mag abilities if it ticked only once. Given the cost and no need to target team mates, it’d still be relatively OP.

One tick of echoing vigor on PTS heals for as much as combat Prayer if you spec for healing, they’re both 6k non-crit.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 1, 2019 9:09PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love how you tried to make one of the biggest downsides of Rapid regen into a feature, ea resto passives.
    You can attach any weapon passives to Vigor as you wish. You're aware of that, right?

are you aware that is the same for almost every stamina char that have to use the 2h for rally/momentum?

2H is probably the best weapon line in the game, with execute, spammable, heal, stun, gapcloser, DoT and good passives. StamDKs and StamSorcs live by the two-handed sword.
    Resto, on the other hand, serves only a support purpose. With weak, situational passives. And unreliable, one-dimensional skills. It's nowhere close to 2H. And yet, stamina gets that last restriction removed, whereas magicka is expected to double down on the resto support. AND still has no guarantee for the big heals to actually help the caster. It's obviously biased.

On a nonpet MagSorc you are forced into resto staff. Yes, you do have class based skills, but they won't save you and you're purposefully gimping your survivability by not using it.
    I would love to backbar that ice staff, or SnB, or even 2H for that momentum, but just can't.

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

On a nonpet MagSorc you are forced into resto staff. Yes, you do have class based skills, but they won't save you and you're purposefully gimping your survivability by not using it.
    I would love to backbar that ice staff, or SnB, or even 2H for that momentum, but just can't.

or magblade
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As mentioned in this past week's PTS notes, we do feel Vigor's HoT enables too much healing. We're planning to have some adjustments in next week's PTS patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned in this past week's PTS notes, we do feel Vigor's HoT enables too much healing. We're planning to have some adjustments in next week's PTS patch.

Nice! Please don’t overnerf it, people have a point that stam gets access to less heals then mag. Main issue I see is stacking... if it does stack.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Nice! Please don’t overnerf it, people have a point that stam gets access to less heals then mag. Main issue I see is stacking... if it does stack.

Agrree, here should be very precise adjustment
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So based on previous examples it will now heal for less than on Live and probably not worth slotting?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Then give me back my rally healing then. I only have two good heals and one is gone. I WANT A SHIELD.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Then give me back my rally healing then. I only have two good heals and one is gone. I WANT A SHIELD.

Also were is the rapid regen nerf.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭

Hear hear!

Without a doubt, we do need more stamina healing available to all classes and all the stamina weapon skill lines, and major brutality ought to be available from any of the stamina weapon ones.

Given how they've pretty much destroyed Momentum and its morphs, and without explanation, too, we really do need properly-functioning universal stamina healing *outside* of a PvP-gated ability.

1h/s just might be a good place to have this happen, for a start.

Failing that, swap Rapid Manoeuvre and Vigour around.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 1, 2019 10:51PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you guys have reading comprehension issues. Echoing vigor’s being looked at, the group heal morph. If you guys actually read the patch notes this is old news.

Besides, stam does have a shield - bone shield.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 1, 2019 11:32PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

But you still have bloody Vigor with any weapon you choose. Magicka doesn't. Mags still have to equip a Resto Staff with 0 offensive skills for that bloody heal. Don't be dense.

and you still have your magika class skill to place in everybar just like vigor.
    maxjapank wrote: »

How about vigor hit the lowest ally in the area? That’s a nice idea.

sure give stamina also some class heal/shield.

To many player that are too biased on magika in this thread,i play both magika and stamina and i never felt that the resto staff is bad not even once.
    It's an utility weapon something that some people here seem to think it's a bad thing "mhu dps1111" when it's not(extra return form magika HA,15% more healing at low hp and major mending after an HA and extra 5% healing on resto staff totally trash passive).

Are you guys aware that some people play the 2h as backbar/utility weapon aswell?the same goes with the bow,i use only one skill from the bow the rest is just to get the extra thing from passive like the major expedition after roll,but yeah let's keep pretending stamina char can do whatever they want.

try to play both without a biased perspective.

The resto staff is horrible on live. the skills are just plain bad if you aren’t playing in a support role. A lot of stamina classes now have access to class healing that can help compliment vigor. Stam dk, stam sorc, stamblade, all have Complementary heals on top of vigor. While stamden has that on top of a class burst heal. A lot of stam classes have more healing than their magicka counterparts. The only stamina class without decent complementary heals is stamplar. The damage shield argument is bad as well because even though stam does not have access to a damage shield they still have access to more stamina allowing them to block and dodge more than magicka builds. Those skills also doesn’t take up bar slots which allow you to slot more utility skills also strengthening stamina’s defensive capabilities.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

But you still have bloody Vigor with any weapon you choose. Magicka doesn't. Mags still have to equip a Resto Staff with 0 offensive skills for that bloody heal. Don't be dense.

Umm, many stam builds run bow back bar strictly for 4 secs of major expedition after a roll. A few stam builds I have don't have any bow skills, just the passive.
    I play lots of mag and stam toons, and your argument of "stam players can do whatever they want and I now have to use a resto" has no merit.
    Rapid Regen and the HoT that comes with healing ward now, 30% extra resources on a heavy attack.
    And you have the age old debate of damage shields.... Mag toons don't have alot to complain about really.
    On any mag toons I feel like I survive way easier with a shield then I do on any stam toon, and now the mag heals are getting buffed on top of that? I for one am excited to play more mag next patch
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »

Umm, many stam builds run bow back bar strictly for 4 secs of major expedition after a roll. A few stam builds I have don't have any bow skills, just the passive.
    I play lots of mag and stam toons, and your argument of "stam players can do whatever they want and I now have to use a resto" has no merit.
    Rapid Regen and the HoT that comes with healing ward now, 30% extra resources on a heavy attack.
    And you have the age old debate of damage shields.... Mag toons don't have alot to complain about really.
    On any mag toons I feel like I survive way easier with a shield then I do on any stam toon, and now the mag heals are getting buffed on top of that? I for one am excited to play more mag next patch

Idc. Put it on a dam weapon line. Tf kinda excuse is that to nerf one of the only stam heals? Also, Ms. BRUNO. Said that vigor in general will be looked at IE nerfed and I'd imagine with no compensation.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol heal and stun are trash.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If resolving vigor gets nerfed, rapid regen should be nerfed equally so. Also most stamina classes have no other reliable heals.
    Edited by Rikumaru on August 2, 2019 2:39AM
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    If resolving vigor gets nerfed, rapid regen should be nerfed equally so. Also most stamina classes have no other reliable heals.

Agreed. My thread is gone on for defending vigor and advocating the standardization of other skills.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on August 2, 2019 2:56AM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The heal used to be a staple for stam builds and the stun is on top of a spammable, something that was removed from an endgame-PvE-gear-powered ability because it was too strong, supposedly. Lol indeed.
    And for the last time, Vigor is reliable, Rapid Regen is not. You can't compare them head on.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The heal used to be a staple for stam builds and the stun is on top of a spammable, something that was removed from an endgame-PvE-gear-powered ability because it was too strong, supposedly. Lol indeed.
    And for the last time, Vigor is reliable, Rapid Regen is not. You can't compare them head on.

Rapid regen is reliable if you aren't a zergling, infact it's stronger since you can target ally members in a small group.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rapid regen is reliable if you aren't a zergling, infact it's stronger since you can target ally members in a small group.

You can't target it. You can hope it goes where you want it to. Even with six folks, I'd rather have everyone manage their own reliable self-heal than pray for it to work properly. Especially since with a small group, that bad luck proves fatal way faster than in a zerg.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't target it. You can hope it goes where you want it to. Even with six folks, I'd rather have everyone manage their own reliable self-heal than pray for it to work properly. Especially since with a small group, that bad luck proves fatal way faster than in a zerg.

It does not matter if you target it, if you are solo it WILL hit you. And in small groups (which I consider 2-4 people) you can reliably use it on yourself or others since you know everyone's HP. Not only that but as a magicka build you would have more than just one self heal.

I'm guessing it uses smart casting which means the heal goes to the lowest HP player which would be fantastic to use in a small group. Let's say I'm duoing with a stamina player, I can rapid regen them alongside their vigor ticking. That's basically a double vigor worth of healing on them.

It's pretty crazy that people are going nuts about vigor but sleep on rapid regen, makes me think most of those players just run around in a zerg and thus complain about how rapid regen will never target themselves.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's pretty crazy that people are going nuts about vigor but sleep on rapid regen, makes me think most of those players just run around in a zerg and thus complain about how rapid regen will never target themselves.

Most players are in Zerg denial. If you’re grouped with 5 others but fighting at a hotspot there could be 50+ of your faction there.

Even in a BG I’ve had issues with ward ally. It being an issue depends on its functionality and can’t be tested solo, so of course people will be concerned.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, Ms. BRUNO. Said that vigor in general will be looked at IE nerfed and I'd imagine with no compensation.

Source? Patch notes and this thread say echoing.

When it scales off stamina up to 40/50 (or if the changes to hardened/dampen stick 60)% of my health you'll have an argument here.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Also, Ms. BRUNO. Said that vigor in general will be looked at IE nerfed and I'd imagine with no compensation.

Source? Patch notes and this thread say echoing.

When it scales off stamina up to 40/50 (or if the changes to hardened/dampen stick 60)% of my health you'll have an argument here.

Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^find the word echoing for me^^^
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itzmichi , if you checked combat log and you see ticks from more than two (external) vigors, it's a (PTS-introduced) bug. And if so, it should get fixed, that's about it.

SodanTok , vigor can't stack indefinitely because it's a target-applied effect. Ground HoTs do stack, but target-applied HoTs don't, same as, for instance, Mutagen - if two healers cast it, only one copy will be running on target, but different morphs would stack, so if another healer runs Rapid Regen, it will stack with Mutagen.

@John_Falstaff Then explain why I have great amount of logs from various trials where one person is getting healed by 2 or even more resolving vigors even at same second. I am listening.

igy8yfd98cwe.png

You sure people aren't spamming it? Because if everyone around spams it, yes, you will get multiple initial ticks that will appear the moment effect refreshes.

upib6alx0831.png

Same log, this time casts in that same time span. While yes one person is here 3 times you can see my previous log happened after his 2nd cast and before 3rd

Then raise the cost not nerf the skill.

I dont believe the skill is OP in slightest, one has to play magicka religiously and avoid trying medium stam build in PVP like a plague to honestly believe that.

But I believe it stacks.

Well, if it doesn’t stack it’s okay. If it does stack echoing vigor would be comparable with mag abilities if it ticked only once. Given the cost and no need to target team mates, it’d still be relatively OP.

One tick of echoing vigor on PTS heals for as much as combat Prayer if you spec for healing, they’re both 6k non-crit.

Well echoing is the support/group stack morph even if they nerf it unreasonably its not as big deal as if they did it to resolving. Bad resolving vigor would literally kill several possible medium armor playstyles in PVP. It may not even be strong enough to cover the undodgable DoT damage we get this patch
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^find the word echoing for me^^^

I was wrong about her post here, but the quote she's referencing was;
    Vigor's rework to be a single target Heal over Time hasn't hit the mark we wanted, and currently enables too much healing with the Echoing Vigor morph. We'll be taking a close look at the core identity of the skill and potentially making adjustments.

Which I take to read echoing HoT nerf (which is silly but if it's going to infinite stack as has been shown in this thread, w/e) and probably a cost or function change for base. Ymmv.