Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Vigor will stay OP as hell?

Stibbons
Stibbons
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like that. Well we all have to play stamina then.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS stated that they think vigor is overperforming and are looking into further balance changes. When that will actually come? Who knows.. could be put on the to-do list for next major patch; could be on scalebreaker final patch notes.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    If they leave Vigor as is there will be a large shift, at least in PvP, to stamina healers. Stamina Warden healers to be specific.
    -Shadow hide you
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    ZOS stated that they think vigor is overperforming and are looking into further balance changes. When that will actually come? Who knows.. could be put on the to-do list for next major patch; could be on scalebreaker final patch notes.

Actually they more specifically mentioned echoing vigor

Vigor's rework to be a single target Heal over Time hasn't hit the mark we wanted, and currently enables too much healing with the Echoing Vigor morph. We'll be taking a close look at the core identity of the skill and potentially making adjustments.

When read correctly this implies when u stack vigor or resolving vigor with an echoing vigor it is enabling too much healing.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Vigor gets nerfed, same should apply to Rapid Regen/Mutagen.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Single target heal that hits random dude. Ok.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

And you have to slot resto staff. I end my case.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Is not random,hit the lowest ally in the area and heal the same as vigor even more if you add the two passive from resto staff and you can also heal someone when needed.

If vigor get nerfed rapid should be nerfed aswell and vice versa.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a proposal for a vigor change resolving vigors effect becomes based skill so 5 second duration now and heals every second. Instead resolving vigor now instantly heals for x amount making this morph a stam burst heal echoing vigor should be single target but doubles the duration so vigor now is either a burst heal or a hot.
    Edited by BattleAxe on July 31, 2019 6:59PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure either needs to be nerfed but the heal from vigor seems to be noticeably bigger than rapid/mutagen
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is not random,hit the lowest ally in the area and heal the same as vigor even more if you add the two passive from resto staff and you can also heal someone when needed.

I love how you tried to make one of the biggest downsides of Rapid regen into a feature, ea resto passives.
    You can attach any weapon passives to Vigor as you wish. You're aware of that, right?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resistances got nerfed thru protective and 2h ult change.

Dots became 200% more potent and more of them to stack.

Stam lost rally hot.

Bleeds now respect resistances but tick twice as often - net nothing?

Vigor and Regen both saw major buffs.

Healing ward actually heals.

Shields took a pvp centric 9% nerf.

Defile options are down.

All in all defense will be down. Damage will be up up up... heals have to balance this somehow. Tis a Hot Vs Dot meta.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP as hell ? My tooltip is like 4k more than live and now I don't have forward heal. Plus dot damage is much bigger....

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More dots will be coming in, so naturally more healing will be needed to survive.
    Edited by akray21 on July 31, 2019 9:56PM
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

I love how you tried to make one of the biggest downsides of Rapid regen into a feature, ea resto passives.
    You can attach any weapon passives to Vigor as you wish. You're aware of that, right?

are you aware that is the same for almost every stamina char that have to use the 2h for rally/momentum?

By this logic rally is bad since you need to equip a 2h :neutral:
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. No nerf needed. Tired of being forced to run rally an 2h. Have a nice day.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

are you aware that is the same for almost every stamina char that have to use the 2h for rally/momentum?

2H is probably the best weapon line in the game, with execute, spammable, heal, stun, gapcloser, DoT and good passives. StamDKs and StamSorcs live by the two-handed sword.
    Resto, on the other hand, serves only a support purpose. With weak, situational passives. And unreliable, one-dimensional skills. It's nowhere close to 2H. And yet, stamina gets that last restriction removed, whereas magicka is expected to double down on the resto support. AND still has no guarantee for the big heals to actually help the caster. It's obviously biased.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How about vigor hit the lowest ally in the area? That’s a nice idea.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at all the people claiming the Vigor buff is offset by the lost HoT from rally. Those ticks of 400 hps are being replaced with any extra 1000-1500 hps on Vigor. Overall huge buff to healing for Stam characters who already all run vigor. And LoL again at those who claim magica has an equivalent in Rapid Regen, being forced to slot a non-dps weapon destroys that arguement. Now if they moved Vigor from the PvP skill lines to S&B it would be a fair comparison
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you still have bloody Vigor with any weapon you choose. Magicka doesn't. Mags still have to equip a Resto Staff with 0 offensive skills for that bloody heal. Don't be dense.
    Edited by Idinuse on July 31, 2019 11:03PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

But you still have bloody Vigor with any weapon you choose. Magicka doesn't. Mags still have to equip a Resto Staff with 0 offensive skills for that bloody heal. Don't be dense.

Not like you have a choice. You got 2 weapons to choose from. Destro or Resto. Stamina players already hate Rally since its basically forcing us into 2H no matter what.
    PS4 NA DC
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    Lol at all the people claiming the Vigor buff is offset by the lost HoT from rally. Those ticks of 400 hps are being replaced with any extra 1000-1500 hps on Vigor. Overall huge buff to healing for Stam characters who already all run vigor. And LoL again at those who claim magica has an equivalent in Rapid Regen, being forced to slot a non-dps weapon destroys that arguement. Now if they moved Vigor from the PvP skill lines to S&B it would be a fair comparison

Why speak when you know nothing?

The HPS difference between buffed vigor and old vigor+rally is 18% more. And rally needed like one cast in 20s not 5s
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Everybody's looking at Vigor in a vacuum, and comparing it to Regeneration in a vacuum. As already said, multiple sources of mitigation that both magicka and stamina used have been nerfed, and DOT's have been buffed. HOT's have been buffed to offset this, which is why Vigor has been buffed so much, in addition to losing the heal from Momentum.

2. I honestly don't get the argument about having to slot resto, what else would a magicka damage dealer in PVP slot? Sword and board is no different to resto, it's another defensive type of weapon. Destro? Why? Outside of using Blockade or Ele Drain, there's no reason to slot another destro staff on back. But Blockade is useless once you get good and fights become more mobile, and you can slot Ele Drain up front. In my eyes, most magicka builds would default to either resto or sword and board, because they're the only weapons that are worth slotting on back.
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭

Stamina is forced into 2h for brutality so...
    Seems like that. Well we all have to play stamina then.

Regeneration is equally as powerful and even with the nerfs, healing ward is still incredibly strong especially with the BRP resto. Magic heals are still going to be better for everyone running resto.

PS4 NA
    Medium Stam Dk since launch
    Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

Go ahead nerf it, I already dropped it in preparation for the new patch, too random now, and too expensisive to implement it the way I like to.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

and you still have your magika class skill to place in everybar just like vigor.
    maxjapank wrote: »

How about vigor hit the lowest ally in the area? That’s a nice idea.

sure give stamina also some class heal/shield.

To many player that are too biased on magika in this thread,i play both magika and stamina and i never felt that the resto staff is bad not even once.
    It's an utility weapon something that some people here seem to think it's a bad thing "mhu dps1111" when it's not(extra return form magika HA,15% more healing at low hp and major mending after an HA also extra 5% healing on resto staff skills,totally trash passive).

Are you guys aware that some people play the 2h as backbar/utility weapon aswell?the same goes with the bow,i use only one skill from the bow the rest is just to get the extra thing from passive like the major expedition after roll,but yeah let's keep pretending stamina char can do whatever they want.

try to play both without a biased perspective.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on August 1, 2019 12:11AM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And you have to slot resto staff. I end my case.

You don't "have" to slot anything you are in charge of what you run on your build so the argument that people are forced to run a Resto Staff is dumb, if you want access to what the Resto Staff provides then you have to make a decision on whether slot it or not same as everyone else has to make decisions on what weapons to choose for their build. In terms of the vigor buff it's important to note that Stam lost a lot of their healing due to the Rally change so for many builds Vigor will simply have to be their heal option otherwise you handicap many builds which don't have good healing options within their class.
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    my mag warden was using a fire/light, then an ice for stun and root, but with the huge damage loss now not sure. still there has to be people that actually want an aoe bar and a single target bar :P
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on August 1, 2019 12:42AM
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭

NO ! Once again you dont want to understand, rally is not bad compare to mutagen/RR. Rally is bad compare to viguor!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree they should nerf it by making it heal only the caster - because healing random dudes is a massive advantage and losing that would obviously be a hefty nerf :wink:

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Abhaya wrote: »

Actually they more specifically mentioned echoing vigor

Vigor's rework to be a single target Heal over Time hasn't hit the mark we wanted, and currently enables too much healing with the Echoing Vigor morph. We'll be taking a close look at the core identity of the skill and potentially making adjustments.

When read correctly this implies when u stack vigor or resolving vigor with an echoing vigor it is enabling too much healing.

Why bother? Tested echoing vigor with 2 people they stack on top of each other with a buffed tooltip of 17-18k on a PvE Stamina Build. The way it is now is just broken. I don't know if there is a cap of stacking them but I'd assume its 6 if there is one.
    Edited by Itzmichi on August 1, 2019 7:51AM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!