Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said from the get-go.. we wanted one 7-day locked campaign for the minority that want it.

Strangely, and in direct contradiction of what the community wanted and pled for for months, the dev's made the 7-day campaign the only FFA campaign which is DEAD AS CAN BE. WHY oh WHY???

Unlock the 30-days which should never have been locked.

So many players spoke out on both sides. The pro-faction lock only wanted one short locked campaign but the devs did the opposite. The existing 30-day players didn't want their campaigns locked but were open to a new experimental campaign being locked. They did the opposite..? WHAT GIVES????

Listen to the PvP community when making PvP changes!!!!!!

Unlock the 30-days so players can somewhat balance things as time goes on!!

Introduce or convert ONE 7-day campaign to faction lock and see how it goes... (that's all we really need)

LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY AND STOP DOING SENSELESS CHANGES NO ONE WANTED WITHOUT EXPLANATION!!!!

GET IT TOGETHER DEV'S!!!!!!!! @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Enkil on July 13, 2019 11:16PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ZoS's way to get those 3 accounts per person . Someone must of told marketing faction locks would be serious cash cow for pvpers that do not spend enough money .
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Like i said from the get-go.. we wanted one 7-day locked campaign for the minority that want it.

Strangely, and in direct contradiction of what the community wanted and pled for for months, the dev's made the 7-day campaign the only FFA campaign which is DEAD AS CAN BE. WHY oh WHY???

So many players spoke out on both sides. The pro-faction lock only wanted one short locked campaign but the devs did the opposite. The existing 30-day players didn't want their campaigns locked but were open to a new experimental campaign being locked. They did the opposite..? WHAT GIVES????

Introduce or convert ONE 7-day campaign to faction lock and see how it goes... (that's all we really need)

LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY AND STOP DOING SENSELESS CHANGES NO ONE WANTED WITHOUT EXPLANATION!!!!

@Enkil i suggest you do not lie on a open forum, neither you or i know the numbers in favour or against faction lock... There is a few voicy people on both sides, the only proof you have is a forum thread, with very few numbers voting, that is so few that they is to few to even create a basis for statistics...

I will say though, that based on the pvp thats been going the last weeks, its been fairly even...everyone can decide at thestart of a match who and where they want to play, like in real life talk to your friends ?

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

@Enkil i suggest you do not lie on a open forum, neither you or i know the numbers in favour or against faction lock... There is a few voicy people on both sides, the only proof you have is a forum thread, with very few numbers voting, that is so few that they is to few to even create a basis for statistics...

I will say though, that based on the pvp thats been going the last weeks, its been fairly even...everyone can decide at thestart of a match who and where they want to play, like in real life talk to your friends ?

Sorry, I truly mean no offense, but you've totally lost me.... If you want to rebut my post, please focus on a point-for-point counter-argument...

The crux of my point is that the main push for locked campaign was for a new short locked campaign, and both sides would have been fine with the 30-days remaining unlocked, and a new locked short campaign introduced. A match is a tiny part of the big campaign wide 30-day campaign. My real life friends do not play this game so....

Edited by Enkil on July 14, 2019 6:29AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I truly mean no offense, but you've lost totally me.... If you want to rebut my post, please focus on a point-for-point counter-argument...

The crux of my point is that the main push for locked campaign was for a new short locked campaign, and both sides would have been fine with the 30-days remaining unlocked, and a new locked short campaign introduced. A match is a tiny part of the big campaign wide 30-day campaign. My real life friends do not play this game so....

It's irrelevant what WE (the players) wanted. ZOS locked the "main" campaign to combat what they saw as negative behavior there, where most people play, that was generating negative feedback about their game. Everyone claiming over and over again that their side in the faction-lock debate is the more popular is completely pointless. ZOS made their decision and we have to live with it.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    ZOS made their decision and we have to live with it.

NONSENSE!! this is capitalist game! the market decides!

The DEV's unlocked the faction restrictions in the wider game long ago, and in doing so also the PvP locks.. (I know the whole story, played since launch)....

We've been clamoring for some return to faction lock but not this draconian nonsense, rather just trying it out on one short locked campaign.

This FORUM is for community feedback. Please don't accept what they've done just because they've done it. You don't have to live with anything!!!

We need to tell them this is unacceptable and ask for what we truly want. Why else would we be posting here??? WE, the Players are financing this whole damn thing..... LMAO

Edited by Enkil on July 14, 2019 7:21AM
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I truly mean no offense, but you've totally lost me.... If you want to rebut my post, please focus on a point-for-point counter-argument...

nope it wasent, people been wanting return to faction locks, for a very very long time, how it should be implemented was a totally difrent beast... the facts and the statistics is something you have NO idea of knowing so again dont say you do, or provide solid proof for it...
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope it wasent, people been wanting return to faction locks, for a very very long time, how it should be implemented was a totally difrent beast... the facts and the statistics is something you have NO idea of knowing so again dont say you do, or provide solid proof for it...

What wasn’t what?

I agree people want faction locks. I agree it was implemented poorly. I haven’t cited any statistics, don’t know what they are or if the devs have cared to ask, nor tried to prove anything...

I’ve shared my belief that a minority of players want a short 7-day faction locked campaign and the majority don’t care or want the 30-days to be unlocked as they’ve been for years.

I am open to having a discussion, but what are you wanting solid proof of? Again, I’m lost...
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say make them all 30 day campaigns. No one seems to like the 7 day, so just make it 30 with the others. Let the players themselves decide which type of campaign they prefer, locked or unlocked. The masses are the zerglings, hence the name, let them decide for themselves if they prefer locked or unlocked on equal terms as to what the campaign itself offers from rewards.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 7 days are more prone for flipping the map, but I think they went with the 30 days because people would flip to their alts on the winning side the last few days to get the winning faction rewards.

Could probably have just taken both and made it to where you are ineligible for EMP and get no end of campaign rewards if you changed mid campaign. Maybe even AP at a reduced rate
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The choice to lock the 30 day was the correct one.
    For people who don't want, or don't care for faction loyalty / locks, the scoring or duration absolutely doesn't matter at all, so the 7 day campaign is where they should be playing.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    For people who don't want, or don't care for faction loyalty / locks, the scoring or duration absolutely doesn't matter at all, so the 7 day campaign is where they should be playing.

How many times do you need to be told before it's acknowledged this suggestion is trolling?

7 day is dead. PvPers don't want to PvDoor.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

This kind of nonsense is why I am not commenting as often on the forums. Some people just have to keep stating the same things despite other people telling them it is different than what they think. Instead of posting snide remarks try to give another reason that actually would be beneficial and support your position instead unless all you are actually interested in is attention. I say this because I was actually hoping there would be a place that was more populated that faction swapping would be beneficial but there just isn’t because most people play the 30 days for whatever reason. Before going to Azura’s Star when it became no CP, I had homed Haderus since it was opened. I don’t go there because I don’t want to pvdoor or get zerged down solo.

Note: I should say unlocked because I can’t play in the 30 day CP do to my internet not being very strong at the moment. I had hoped to play with my friends and to restart my guild there but it just doesn’t exist.
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 16, 2019 2:57PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    How many times do you need to be told before it's acknowledged this suggestion is trolling?

Oh I don't disagree with you that the 7 day is very quiet, but you can read into that whatever you like.
    My personal presumption is that nowhere near as many people as you think are bothered about being locked into a faction for a short duration.
    Otherwise PVP would have died entirely upon the locks implementation (and it clearly hasn't), and the unlocked campaign would be buzzing with activity.
    The fact that we had no idea how this would pan out in that 1st week of implementation is what is really telling to me.
    If there really was a straight split between those who wanted a lock and those who didn't, the campaigns would have had a pretty equal distribution of people in that 1st week - and they obviously didn't which speaks volumes.
    That 1st week was the chance for people to really show where their loyalties lay. But instead, even after endless discussions on these forums everyone still ended up in the locked campaigns.

And the ridiculous argument that players are so dumb they just click the 1st campaign in the list is absurd.
    People are choosing to play in a faction locked campaign - as to their personal reasons why I can't help you with that one, but the simple fact is that they did in month 1, and continued to do so in month 2, a pattern that I'm sure will repeat for months to come.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I don't disagree with you that the 7 day is very quiet, but you can read into that whatever you like.
    My personal presumption is that nowhere near as many people as you think are bothered about being locked into a faction for a short duration.
    Otherwise PVP would have died entirely upon the locks implementation (and it clearly hasn't), and the unlocked campaign would be buzzing with activity.
    The fact that we had no idea how this would pan out in that 1st week of implementation is what is really telling to me.
    If there really was a straight split between those who wanted a lock and those who didn't, the campaigns would have had a pretty equal distribution of people in that 1st week - and they obviously didn't which speaks volumes.
    That 1st week was the chance for people to really show where their loyalties lay. But instead, even after endless discussions on these forums everyone still ended up in the locked campaigns.

And the ridiculous argument that players are so dumb they just click the 1st campaign in the list is absurd.
    People are choosing to play in a faction locked campaign - as to their personal reasons why I can't help you with that one, but the simple fact is that they did in month 1, and continued to do so in month 2, a pattern that I'm sure will repeat for months to come.

@dtsharples people play the locked campaigns because there isn’t much action in IC or on the 7 day server. This is because for whatever reason which from the people I know there are various reasons for people NOT playing one of them is the faction locks. I have been stuck on a faction on a server for a month playing mostly solo and not playing with the guild I am in or my friends most of whom left for various reasons, including the faction lock. If I had to do it again this next campaign I would probably end up just quitting until I could change it or just not log in again period. I truly enjoy this game’s pvp so if I am feeling this way you know there has to be others as well some who probably just logged out not to return.

Note: I don’t play as much as I use to because it just isn’t as much fun solo every day as it use to be. I don’t go to pve or level or do other content because I am bored.
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 16, 2019 5:09PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

@dtsharples people play the locked campaigns because there isn’t much action in IC or on the 7 day server. This is because for whatever reason which from the people I know there are various reasons for people NOT playing one of them is the faction locks. I have been stuck on a faction on a server for a month playing mostly solo and not playing with the guild I am in or my friends most of whom left for various reasons, including the faction lock. If I had to do it again this next campaign I would probably end up just quitting until I could change it or just not log in again period. I truly enjoy this game’s pvp so if I am feeling this way you know there has to be others as well some who probably just logged out not to return.

Note: I don’t play as much as I use to because it just isn’t as much fun solo every day as it use to be. I don’t go to pve or level or do other content because I am bored.

I'm no longer going to explain myself to these trolls. They know full well what they're doing.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little piece of advice, when faced with an apposing argument that doesn't fit your own personal agenda, don't just pass it off as ''Trolling''.
    Feel free to reply in a cohesive and constructive manner though.

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I like faction locks!
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little piece of advice, when faced with an apposing argument that doesn't fit your own personal agenda, don't just pass it off as ''Trolling''.

Your opposing argument makes no sense. Please explain in a cohesive and constructive manner, your opinion as to why people who don’t specifically enjoy faction locks should play on a dead server?
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have explained previously why the 7 day campaign is perfect for people who don't like the lock, simply put: It's the only one that is unlocked!!

People hopping from faction to faction care nothing for the scoring or duration, so a 7 day campaign should suffice.
    I wholly agreed that the campaign is empty (and explained why I thought this was the case) but empty or not that is the campaign made for those who want to faction hop.

I have also stated above why I personally think that the locked campaigns are full, and the unlocked one is empty.

I didn't state anything as fact, unlike yourself. "people play the locked campaigns because there isn’t much action in IC or on the 7 day server." That's a big, sweeping claim to be making.
    I for one do not play a locked campaign because of either of those reasons, and I presume neither does anyone in the 3 PVP guilds I play in which are all, obviously based primarily around grouped PVP.

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have explained previously why the 7 day campaign is perfect for people who don't like the lock, simply put: It's the only one that is unlocked!!

While this statement about the 7 day being the only one unlocked is true, it does not moot the point that others, myself included, do not believe that this should not be the case concerning other campaigns.

People hopping from faction to faction care nothing for the scoring or duration, so a 7 day campaign should suffice.

I would say this is not a valid argument since it is based on a generality. You are assuming that all people who “faction hop” care nothing about the scoring or duration. I would counter that while I can only speak for myself, I do care but it is different than most people. Over all I tend to look at it from a different viewpoint and the following is in no specific order.

1). Am I personally having fun - if not well why play. This includes if the map is 100% Red and I am on one of my mains which are EP, this lends itself to no pvp and therefore no fun. Since I play only No CP due to internet issues on my end, that equals no fun. I could also attempt to explain to you why I have faction swapped in the past but won’t go into it again at this point.

2). If the map is one color and people are zerging down the other factions when they attempt to leave their gate or spawn which happens more often than not in No CP. It makes for an unhealthy campaign which which affects my decision making process as listed above. This is not fun for anyone wishing to play the game. However, even 1 person at the right place and the right time who knows what they are doing can and has affected the outcome of many battles. I have seen novas and negates from players who are experienced in pvp make or break a battle.

I wholly agreed that the campaign is empty (and explained why I thought this was the case) but empty or not that is the campaign made for those who want to faction hop.

Since I don’t know your prior reasoning all I can respond here is, this server was fairly empty before and remains so. I have my own opinions that I will keep to myself regarding why people would rather sit in que half the night to play on a laggy server when guild groups could potentially move to a place where the server actually needs people. However, that is not the point of this post or thread.
    I didn't state anything as fact, unlike yourself. "people play the locked campaigns because there isn’t much action in IC or on the 7 day server." That's a big, sweeping claim to be making.
    I for one do not play a locked campaign because of either of those reasons, and I presume neither does anyone in the 3 PVP guilds I play in which are all, obviously based primarily around grouped PVP.

If you read my response to you I keep referring to the people I know who I have spoken to this about. However, one can not argue that while there are groups that solely run in IC it isn’t as active as it use to be even prior to making them their own servers. I play in IC regularly some nights have better action than others so it is an observation nothing more.

Here is another observation populations appear to have suffered across the board due multiple possibilities of which faction locks do appear to be apart of it.

Just because people tend to disagree regarding whether or not the game should or shouldn’t be faction locked does not invalidate opinions or beliefs others feel strongly about. If you had asked me a year ago if I would care about faction locks I would have said they are stupid due to trying to organize a guild’s pvp around it. I remember trying to do so prior to One Tamriel and it was a nightmare, I had raid leads and officers who were multi-faction. We had more choices and better populations back then, we don’t now. In my opinion to reintroduce faction locks at this point in the game was a mistake. It took a population that was already having issues and made those issues worse reducing the player base in pvp even further. However, it is my opinion which matters very little in the grand scheme of things as I am powerless to actually change anything other than to state my opinion in hopes that ZoS will actually take a look at the pvp populations in conjunction with the changes they have made and find a solution that will not only salvage the current population in pvp but bring more people both former and new pvp’ers into Cyrodiil.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 17, 2019 6:18PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's been explained. Multiple times, and in multiple ways. You've been active in the threads we're it's been explained, so don't play dumb.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Factions
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

Your opposing argument makes no sense. Please explain in a cohesive and constructive manner, your opinion as to why people who don’t specifically enjoy faction locks should play on a dead server?

I think on paper it makes sense, and it kind of feels like that's what ZOS wants to accomplish with the locks. I think they'd like to split up the population, especially during peak traffic hours, for better performance. It doesn't seem to be working though.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the new 30 day campaign starts in a couple of hours.
    Will people be joining the unlocked campaign for this round or stacking back in the locked campaign?

I had a queue of 78 last night into Kaal at 6pm.
    I haven't seen PC EU this busy since the last midyear mayhem.
    It seems that the majority of people have come to terms with the faction lock and made amendments to their play and adjusted well.

I'd love to see the unlocked campaign busy this time around, and then hopefully everyone will be happy.
    But, it seems that we need some noLock pioneers to start the ball rolling and head on over to the unlocked campaign. I guess it would take a guild on each faction to move there to make it a reality. We can hope :)
    Edited by dtsharples on July 19, 2019 10:20AM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would love to play in the unlocked campaign. The small group I lead plays in unlocked IC, but the larger pvp guild that I play with is committed to playing where there is action, which is the 30day.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the new 30 day campaign starts in a couple of hours.
    Will people be joining the unlocked campaign for this round or stacking back in the locked campaign?

I had a queue of 78 last night into Kaal at 6pm.
    I haven't seen PC EU this busy since the last midyear mayhem.
    It seems that the majority of people have come to terms with the faction lock and made amendments to their play and adjusted well.

I'd love to see the unlocked campaign busy this time around, and then hopefully everyone will be happy.
    But, it seems that we need some noLock pioneers to start the ball rolling and head on over to the unlocked campaign. I guess it would take a guild on each faction to move there to make it a reality. We can hope :)

I want this to be true but..... it was last day and people was just trying to get their 25K AP for end of campaign rewards.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of factions.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    #deletefactionlocksalready
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I will say though, that based on the pvp thats been going the last weeks, its been fairly even...

That must explain all the complaining about the unbalanced off peak population.