Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Your friends aren't the be-all and end all of the Game- get a *** grip!!!!!!
    Instead of crying into your keyboard go and organise next months PVP group with your friends. Figure out which campaign and which faction you'll play.
    It's as if this is rocket science - and it clearly is not.
    If they are your friends, they will be happy to organise some time to play with you. If not, maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship.

Lol if I thought my friends were the be all end all of the game I would have quit, which I havent. You act as if those who are expressing their dislike of faction locks aren't already playing with the majority of their friends on the alliance that most are on. We've already made those calls. Also as far as relationships with various people on eso, there are definitely levels just like in life. Some I will never play with again because they are happily on another faction with a new guild, and some I keep in touch with and play together in IC, and there are a wide variety of other relationships that are different. Just because zos made a rule in a game and I dont like that rule doesnt mean I'm losing sleep over it.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of crying into your keyboard go and organise next months PVP group with your friends. Figure out which campaign and which faction you'll play.

Might work for you, but I have more than 2 mates.
  • Sybreed_Neurodrive
    echo2omega wrote: »
    How to solve faction locking:

Allow players to change faction.

No, keep the lock as it is. It's nice.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock wouldn’t be so bad if there was still campaigns available. Zo$ literally pit pro and anti faction lockers against each other to fight over the last active campaign. Lmao gg. I’ll be hanging out gated in the 7 day campaign that has a ridiculous name in the mean time waiting for my queue.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Wait I thought 4 x 10 = 40, 40<50...

5 x 10 is 50. If you play 30 days you play in 5 7 day campaigns and You get 50 transmutes. If you only play 4 seven day campaigns you have not played for 30 days. Play the extra 2 days and you get 50 crystals. Simple.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 4, 2019 10:44AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

While I wouldn’t attempt to speak for others but I know very few people who complete Caldwell’s Gold on anything but their original main, myself included.

Also, all your eggs are in one basket.

You can swap which alliance you play every 30 days. (or 7) if you have alts and are not interested in faction and campaign loyalty. You don't have to put all your eggs in one basket. Some of us would like to though.

This seems to be another myth....that your account is somehow permalocked. It is not. You can play for 30 days on one character on their alliance and then switch to another character on a different alliance the next month. Or week. So you wouldn't have to choose one faction if that is not your style. But if you had a token per character and bled red for the Pact or played DC for life then you could do so on all your alts. I really don't see the problem. Either you are a faction loyalist and want to use a token and then locks aren't an issue....or you aren't and you can choose not to change factions, keep your alts as they are and change monthly/weekly who you play for a month or a week.. ...or just play the non locked campaigns.

Guilds could have AD month DC month events, as many already do. So guildies can organise their alts and still play with guildmates/friends. So there is no issue there, once the cycle is rostered.

Friends can all play their EP characters together in July and all their DC ones in august.

Or they could all go to the non laggy 7 day unlocked campaigns and repopulate those and change alliances every day/hour.

The drama about this is extreme given all it takes is either to pick a side and a character and stick to it, or log in on the alliance you want to play on the first day of the new campaign and switch a month later if you change your mind.

The people who got rolled by ZoS were the post one Tamriel people who thought alliance was now irrelevant and didn't have 'any race any alliance' from store when they made their PvP mains. It is those people who would likely change to the alliance of their choice with a faction switch token to match their social guild's alliance, their PvP guild's alliance or play with their friends on their favourite character if it happens to be the wrong alliance.

BUT some people say this would break the early quest sequence and is the reason ZoS won't offer faction change tokens.

Finishing Cadwell Gold makes the quest lines being broken irrelevant for that character's story so would solve that problem. They could receive the change alliance token on completion as part of the story. Hence my suggestion of this as an alternative.

I suspect ZoS are unwilling to offer alliance change tokens because making someone reroll a twin character after buying 'any alliance any race packs' and then buy level mount speed tokens and then buy skill shards in order to play permanently on their preferred alliance would earn them more money, after suddenly introducing locks.

I think they are wrong. I think the goodwill of giving people an alliance change token per character would vastly outweigh this penny pinching long term. This was the thinking behind the race change token I assume.

The Cadwell suggestion was simply to avoid the alleged issues with the PvE quest lines being broken.

I hope that explains things a bit more clearly.

I would also state it doesn’t solve the issue surrounding why alts were made in the first place. You still can’t pvp with all of your friends or help balance the campaign when it is lopsided.
    edit: I Have NEVER seen any PvP guild balance population by switching to a low pop side dynamically, ie mid campaign in 3 years of nearly continuous PvP. Quite the reverse. I have seen 100's of people log in to the winning faction at the end of a campaign for the better rewards, or social guilds log on to the winning side to do skyshard runs when the map is all blue or all yellow or all red.

The last time I saw PvP guilds change their entire guild to another faction that was the low pop side was by agreement and negotiation and that was when we had locks. ...so locks actually fostered balance, not the reverse.

Flipping at whim to zerg surf is not the same thing at all. And that is all I have seen since locks were removed.
    What do you do if something happens and all your toons are now x faction but there isn’t anyone to run with? All you do is pvp. Do you quit the game? How do you solve that problem?

Another overlooked fact: Low pop bonuses do exist for this reason...ZoS has in built systems to reward low pop factions...they maybe weird and glitchy but they are there exactly for the reason that if all remaining EP flipped to AD at 5pm Australian time when the Oceanic guilds come on...and half the remaining DC flipped to AD because 40 people cannot defend stuff. Then the remaining 20 DC get good bonuses for the campaign objectives because they are on low pop faction. People who only play for personal AP are generally not aware of this buff. 30 day/7 day loyalists are. The low pop faction buff has not been removed as yet. So if no one played one side for a month except you, you would get this buff. Then, presumably you'd use a remaining token to go to a high pop side or play/make an alt .....or just play the unlocked campaign
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 4, 2019 12:21PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 x 10 is 50. If you play 30 days you play in 5 7 day campaigns and You get 50 transmutes. If you only play 4 seven day campaigns you have not played for 30 days. Play the extra 2 days and you get 50 crystals. Simple.

If we simply take two months into account, 50 x 2 = 100, 10 x 9 = 90

PC/NA

Youtube
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭

this is 10% less not 20% as alleged by the poster who responded to you.
    Also: You get 2080 crystals per year in the unlocked campaign. Not 20% fewer.
    12 lots of 30 days x50 crystals =2080. 52 lots of 7 days x 40 crystals=2080 . The ratio per day is the same. The number is identical if you play every week. The rewards are not worse.

Quoted for truth
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]

While I wouldn’t attempt to speak for others but I know very few people who complete Caldwell’s Gold on anything but their original main, myself included.

I would also state it doesn’t solve the issue surrounding why alts were made in the first place. You still can’t pvp with all of your friends or help balance the campaign when it is lopsided.

Also, all your eggs are in one basket. What do you do if something happens and all your toons are now x faction but there isn’t anyone to run with? All you do is pvp. Do you quit the game? How do you solve that problem?

You can swap which alliance you play every 30 days. (or 7) if you have alts and are not interested in faction and campaign loyalty. You don't have to put all your eggs in one basket. Some of us would like to though.

This seems to be another myth....that your account is somehow permalocked. It is not. You can play for 30 days on one character on their alliance and then switch to another character on a different alliance the next month. Or week. So you wouldn't have to choose one faction if that is not your style. But if you had a token per character and bled red for the Pact or played DC for life then you could do so on all your alts. I really don't see the problem. Either you are a faction loyalist and want to use a token and then locks aren't an issue....or you aren't and you can choose not to change factions, keep your alts as they are and change monthly/weekly who you play for a month or a week.. ...or just play the non locked campaigns.

Guilds could have AD month DC month events, as many already do. So guildies can organise their alts and still play with guildmates/friends. So there is no issue there, once the cycle is rostered.

Friends can all play their EP characters together in July and all their DC ones in august.

Or they could all go to the non laggy 7 day unlocked campaigns and repopulate those and change alliances every day/hour.

The drama about this is extreme given all it takes is either to pick a side and a character and stick to it, or log in on the alliance you want to play on the first day of the new campaign and switch a month later if you change your mind.

The people who got rolled by ZoS were the post one Tamriel people who thought alliance was now irrelevant and didn't have 'any race any alliance' from store when they made their PvP mains. It is those people who would likely change to the alliance of their choice with a faction switch token to match their social guild's alliance, their PvP guild's alliance or play with their friends on their favourite character if it happens to be the wrong alliance.

BUT some people say this would break the early quest sequence and is the reason ZoS won't offer faction change tokens.

Finishing Cadwell Gold makes the quest lines being broken irrelevant for that character's story so would solve that problem. They could receive the change alliance token on completion as part of the story. Hence my suggestion of this as an alternative.

I suspect ZoS are unwilling to offer alliance change tokens because making someone reroll a twin character after buying 'any alliance any race packs' and then buy level mount speed tokens and then buy skill shards in order to play permanently on their preferred alliance would earn them more money, after suddenly introducing locks.

I think they are wrong. I think the goodwill of giving people an alliance change token per character would vastly outweigh this penny pinching long term. This was the thinking behind the race change token I assume.

The Cadwell suggestion was simply to avoid the alleged issues with the PvE quest lines being broken.

I hope that explains things a bit more clearly.

edit: I Have NEVER seen any PvP guild balance population by switching to a low pop side dynamically, ie mid campaign in 3 years of nearly continuous PvP. Quite the reverse. I have seen 100's of people log in to the winning faction at the end of a campaign for the better rewards, or social guilds log on to the winning side to do skyshard runs when the map is all blue or all yellow or all red.

The last time I saw PvP guilds change their entire guild to another faction that was the low pop side was by agreement and negotiation and that was when we had locks. ...so locks actually fostered balance, not the reverse.

Flipping at whim to zerg surf is not the same thing at all. And that is all I have seen since locks were removed.

Another overlooked fact: Low pop bonuses do exist for this reason...ZoS has in built systems to reward low pop factions...they maybe weird and glitchy but they are there exactly for the reason that if all remaining EP flip to AD at 5pm Australian time when the Oceanic guilds come on...and half the remaining DC flip to AD because 40 people cannot defend stuff. Then the remaining 20 DC get good bonuses for the campaign objectives because they are on low pop faction. People who only play for personal AP are generally not aware of this buff. 30 day loyalists are.

Like so many that make these same cases and have been told why such things aren't a true option by many in turn, you continue to beat this poor dead horse.

There is only one competitive server that lasts 24 hours in activity, it is the 30 day cp. Getting everyone that hates the locks to simply go to the 7 day is a completely shallow idea. They are only somewhat active during prime on weekends for about 4 hours then begin to die as the population in the 30 day does. Eventually, the population gets too low for anyone to even consider going to the 7 day because there now isn't enough people online to spread over 2 servers.
    "Get your friends to come with you". My friends have friends and they have friends and even guilds. Not everyone will be interested in leaving behind the main for something less active.

End of campaign rewards: You know the maths doesn't add up due to a factor of having to home the 7 day 5 times which exceeds 30 days. On top of that, you have to hit tier 1 every week to get those stones in comparison to hitting tier 1 once. Anyone that is simply on to pvp for stones isn't going to stick around the 7 day when the 30 day is 4x more effective at stone collection.

A token alliance change for completing Cadwell's gold? Dude, enough with the pve! Pvpers already have to grind so much in pve already. Stahp!

Just because you didn't see the people that would swap to balance, doesn't mean they weren't there. Sure, people hopped to the winning side and went crazy during OC hour on NA pc but they came back and the map bounced back. This sounds incredibly dishonorable and what many pro lockers use to make a case but the map recovered and things stayed fun. What is OC like this campaign? Yellow... ALL THE TIME. Those that went to ad before for some easy ap but went back have now mained ad so their is no bouncing back.

As for low pop bonuses, they are ridiculous. 2 days ago, ep zone went bat **** crazy because dc passed them in the leaderboard due to the bonus. "All our hard work, done just like that. DC are ahead of us because they're not around to play" They said.
    This right here is why so many of us don't care anymore about scoring. What logical scoring system knocks out 2nd place for not playing? That's absurd.
    They keep the leaderboards looking close though don't they?! That will keep people playing! Yeah no, who wants to play with the emp alliance gate camping you with the hammer?

vBUBNsk.png
    @Earthewen took this pic, Not me. I took mine later.

GM4RjxM.png

Just because scoreboards are close, doesn't mean that things are great. It was every bit as inactive last campaign at this hour with a 10k ep lead. No one wants to play when they're getting crushed. I don't remember double low pop bonus on 2 alliances in the history of Vivec.
    On the plus, a mass of ep logged on all at once and flipped this map around pretty fast but it had been miserable for 6 hours before then. DC was low pop procced for that entire time.

Do I want things to go back the way they were? No, it was abused and I won't deny that. There need to be restrictions but a hard lock like what we have now isn't the answer. We need incentives for loyalty encouragement, not force.
    It's torn one large rift in this community and become an 'Us vs Them', Just like I knew it would.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to reply to this bit to clarify a couple of things. As for the rest. It's late I am tired and it's the rest of the discussion is not going anywhere but in circles.

Do I want things to go back the way they were? No, it was abused and I won't deny that. There need to be restrictions but a hard lock like what we have now isn't the answer. We need incentives for loyalty encouragement, not force.
    It's torn one large rift in this community and become an 'Us vs Them', Just like I knew it would.

I agree with this. I actually have never suggested a hard lock. Did a long post on possible incentives and how to counter pop imbalances in 2018. DC were desperate at that point and one DC guild officer (not my guild ) started several threads about it. I was one of several people who suggested many alternatives to stopping the abuse. Mostly incentives and rewards for staying on one faction over time. We got howled down then too. Mostly the negative responses were from people who were obsessed with rewards on alts, or wanted to play with friends and change sides with impunity whenever. "I should be able to play where and when I choose and change factions whenever because I pay for the game"" No one gives a crap about the campaign" and "I only play for AP" were the 3 most consistent replies. This is the reason I am flogging the 7 day horse. People can do all those things on the seven day unlocked campaign. So why not?

ZoS decided on a hard lock with little warning. Ignored all those soft lock incentive suggestions. And despite the resultant s#$t storm I STILL would rather have what they have done than the 'abuse' or 'the way things were.' Because that was killing PvP for a whole lot of people.

As for the map...it was pretty much all blue when I logged on this afternoon. It was red, then later went yellow at the usual time, just as it did before locks. But the zergs were smaller and DC fought back instead of logging and flipping to the side with numbers.

The campaign score is more even than it's been for months. At the time EP went 'batshit crazy' DC fought for all those resources, timed the tick perfectly across 3 guilds and wiped EP's faction stack. Low pop bonus doen't get you from 3rd to 2nd. Otherwise DC would have been on top of the leaderboard due to low pop everytime AOTP gated us or AD for the alst 6 months. Get a grip.

Most importantly, the vibe is quite good on our faction most of the time. Old players are back on DC. There have been more small group fights. Zone is much less toxic. The pugs are better coordinated because they are learning who to listen to. Some of the old guilds are back in fighting form.

Perspective is interesting, isn't it?

So, given a zero sum game, I would rather no abuse, and bad locks. Given the current choice, you clearly would rather revert to no locks and bad abuse. Pity ZoS didn't listen before, when something in between was suggested numerous times by lots of people cleverer than me. Then we might have found some common ground.

Nice fights the other day, by the way. We were wiped by the group you were in but it was fun to fight even numbers of good players. I hope there is more of that. Haven't seen that often for the last year.

by the way I am NOT and never will be, a dude.
    aeth
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 4, 2019 3:11PM
    Quoted for truth
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry been away due to being bedridden for like 2 weeks due to health issues, but anyways in response to whoever asked, yeah some folks did roll DC this cycle, buttttt I too put alot of work into my EP toons so it would be nice to swap to play with friends I have in multiple guilds. Can't though because of faction lock criers. Literally can't even get my gear off of my EP toon rn until primetime. I am a master fisher and farmer now because yeah, good job ZOS.

We offered solutions to this like make it so that faction swappers aren't eligible to go for emp, make it so we don't get end of campaign rewards, make us pay AP to rehome or swap (that's what we used to have to do), whatever. We're willing to make sacrifices to play how we want, but these suggestions go unanswered.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what platform or server you play on or the time at which you play but just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it didn't happen. There were several times I know of on the US No-CP servers that, my friends and I would see one faction getting gated and we would swap over to it and help out and keep them on the map. This encouraged people when they logged in. We also enjoyed fighting outnumbered, so it was fun for us. It did help balance out the server. It wasn't just us. There were times I know of I would see DC or AD helping out EP when it was happening to us. That is helping to balance out the server. We never made a big deal out of it, it was just something we did. Why? Because we wanted to have fun and when people log in and they have to take everything back, some people will get together to do it as long as there isn't too much resistance. A lot of the time though people will log off or go do something else until they go to see if they can pvp yet. Since faction locks I have seen it happen many times where I could have logged over to help out EP, DC, or AD in the past but I can't anymore, I list all 3 because I am always either locked to EP or DC. Many times I have looked at the faction I am on and there is no pvp because one faction is zerging down the entire map and other factions are being pushed to their gates. Previously, I would log over to my other faction toons and go help out with other friends. Yes, we went as a group, sometimes there was 3-8 of us fighting 15-20 others plus. There were also times I went alone to help out. Sometimes 1 more person who knows how to pvp can make a huge difference. Sorry you never participated or saw any of that, it is what a community does.

The rest of the stuff you wrote about I might comment later but that was a long post.

PS: I"ve seen Rowsdowerr the GL of Tertiary Meat tell people to switch to DC to help them out even though they are AD mains. It helped out DC on No CP, when their population was so low that they would just get over ran. I would also take a group of Darkest Requiem to help out on whatever faction needed help. While I never required it, those who wanted to I always encouraged to do it. Also, that example that I gave wasn't all people from my guild at the time it was just a group of us from EP.
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 4, 2019 4:48PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These people that would jump sides to help out a faction when they were getting gated, what were they doing before they jumped sides? Were they ever helping to gate that faction? Cyrodiil isn't supposed to revolve around small groups of people, it is supposed to revolve around the 3 banner war, it is supposed to revolve around the 3 alliances.
    Edited by Ranger209 on July 4, 2019 5:03PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12 lots of 30 days x50 crystals =2080. 52 lots of 7 days x 40 crystals=2080 . The ratio per day is the same. The number is identical if you play every week. The rewards are not worse.

You get 40 Crystal's per week from the 7 day? I thought it was 10. Whers did you get 2080? Am I missing something? 10 x 52 = 520, 50 x 12 = 600. That's 13% less rewards. I didn't get much sleep last night so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as crystal farming I think it should be tier 3 100k AP to get 50 in the 30 day and tier 1 25k to get 12 in the 7 day. This way doing 25k AP 4 weeks in a row for 100k total gives a person roughly the equivalent of doing 100k AP in the 30 day campaign, 48 -50. That to me seems the most equitable. Over the course of a year the 7 day would have a slight advantage of 624 to 600 for the 30 day in total crystals when compared from 12 months to 52 weeks per character.
    Edited by Ranger209 on July 4, 2019 5:13PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to reply to this bit to clarify a couple of things. As for the rest. It's late I am tired and it's the rest of the discussion is not going anywhere but in circles.

I agree with this. I actually have never suggested a hard lock. Did a long post on possible incentives and how to counter pop imbalances in 2018. DC were desperate at that point and one DC guild officer (not my guild ) started several threads about it. I was one of several people who suggested many alternatives to stopping the abuse. Mostly incentives and rewards for staying on one faction over time. We got howled down then too. Mostly the negative responses were from people who were obsessed with rewards on alts, or wanted to play with friends and change sides with impunity whenever. "I should be able to play where and when I choose and change factions whenever because I pay for the game"" No one gives a crap about the campaign" and "I only play for AP" were the 3 most consistent replies. This is the reason I am flogging the 7 day horse. People can do all those things on the seven day unlocked campaign. So why not?

ZoS decided on a hard lock with little warning. Ignored all those soft lock incentive suggestions. And despite the resultant s#$t storm I STILL would rather have what they have done than the 'abuse' or 'the way things were.' Because that was killing PvP for a whole lot of people.

As for the map...it was pretty much all blue when I logged on this afternoon. It was red, then later went yellow at the usual time, just as it did before locks. But the zergs were smaller and DC fought back instead of logging and flipping to the side with numbers.

The campaign score is more even than it's been for months. At the time EP went 'batshit crazy' DC fought for all those resources, timed the tick perfectly across 3 guilds and wiped EP's faction stack. Low pop bonus doen't get you from 3rd to 2nd. Otherwise DC would have been on top of the leaderboard due to low pop everytime AOTP gated us or AD for the alst 6 months. Get a grip.

Most importantly, the vibe is quite good on our faction most of the time. Old players are back on DC. There have been more small group fights. Zone is much less toxic. The pugs are better coordinated because they are learning who to listen to. Some of the old guilds are back in fighting form.

Perspective is interesting, isn't it?

So, given a zero sum game, I would rather no abuse, and bad locks. Given the current choice, you clearly would rather revert to no locks and bad abuse. Pity ZoS didn't listen before, when something in between was suggested numerous times by lots of people cleverer than me. Then we might have found some common ground.

Nice fights the other day, by the way. We were wiped by the group you were in but it was fun to fight even numbers of good players. I hope there is more of that. Haven't seen that often for the last year.

by the way I am NOT and never will be, a dude.
    aeth

I seriously doubt that you were actually on at the time that I was talking about. There was no real activity at the time I mentioned except for a tiny fight at brk. DC was all but asleep.
    I'm not going to get annoyed at DC for passing (as I said before, lots of us don't care about scoring with this silly score system) but to say this map is more balanced when it is only being held together by low population bonuses is naive.
    It's come to the point at the early OC hour that since we can't stop ad, it's just better to log off, let them pvdoor it all and wait for the low pop to proc to then come back. "The only winning move, is not to play..."

The campaign was more balanced the last 3 30 day Cycles of Vivec. 2k score difference for most of it on each one with no low population bonuses firing. I guess memories can be short lived for some...

No, you wouldn't get a low population bonus against Aotp because they play later on when population is above 2 bars for everyone.I have a sleeping issue so I can often find myself up at the early hours and have seen the conditions then.
    Whether watching them move around the map or hopping to my dc because i figured they could use the help (since they copped it most of the time), It became clear that losing to that guild over a keep was often due to lack of organisation in the defending keep. Not always, but more often than not.

Not noticing much of a change in zone chat myself. Had scroll trolls, ego fights, conspiracy theories and some ad or dc log on with an alt account to ruffle feathers. Same old stuff.

I would rather no locks over this yes. Much of the stuff abused heavily was taking place on the 7 day (which is still unlocked).
    Most of us that used alts to help out the underdog ran in groups and we did make a difference. You'd be amazed at what a small group of experienced players can achieve.
    That's pretty much out the window now and I know a dozen OC players that have stopped pvping all together or playing at all (I'm not exaggerating that number.)

Btw, I as a lass have no problem with being called dude. A dude? Yes. Dude, is neutral.
    You need to lighten up a bit.

*Edit. Screwed up my War Games reference. We can't have that!!!
    Edited by ellahellabella on July 5, 2019 12:21AM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are your friends, they will be happy to organise some time to play with you. If not, maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship.

This is an MMO. The whole point is playing with friends. The "massively multiplayer" part actually is the 'be-all end all' of an MMO.

Not only that, but ZOS actively pushed us to make cross-faction friends with One Tamriel. Then they decide years later, after we've put 100's of hours into alts and building up friendships and team play, to just undo it. So we have 2/3'rds of our characters mothballed. Some of us spent 1000's of crowns on character slots and horse training. Mothballed. We should get refunds. It's such a rude, inconsiderate way to treat loyal customers. They might as well have deleted half of my characters without even an apology. And people are here on the forums celebrating it. Because of some placebo effect that the game is somehow now more fair.

I honestly think it's ideological. They want to do harm to people who play multiple factions. Not to make the game more fair or to reduce what they see as "cheating" but really just to upset people they don't like. Probably because multi-faction players are usually more experienced and people who keep running to get farmed by them are upset about being farmed and see faction lock as a way to punish those more experienced players simply for being better at the game.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on July 5, 2019 10:20AM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ranger209 I have never farmed at the gate. It's stupid and I believe in giving the opponent a chance and incentive to log in. I know sooo many people that feel the same way. I may have farmed a scroll or two when there was nothing going on, but we always end up dying eventually. This was usually a last resort to get a fight after we tried everywhere else. Usually the only time you will see my toon past the gate is if I am on an alt getting a skyshard. Heck, couple months ago I got on my DC to defend a scroll when DC was lowpop and EP was hella zergin their gates. Many hate whispers were had. It was great. Because me and a few friends swapped and rallied some peeps, EP wasn't able to get the scroll without a fight. I think that was the same day we also helped DC get some keeps back when it was 2 bars vs 3. Was fun, challenging and meant no one was getting points for 30 vs 5. A few people, if smart enough and fast enough, can and do often balance the map.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair friends are the only thing keeping a ton of players playing this game
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats easy to say if you dont have friends :^)

Im still for changing 7 day CP campaign to locked for the hardcore loyalists and make 30 day unlocked again.
    If it ends up in the 30 day campaign being dead, feel free to revert, but it wont happen.
    Ill give faction lock another few months before ZOS sees that it doesnt do *** other than restrict players and revert it eventually.
    It has been in the game before and it also get removed for some reason before.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 5, 2019 3:56PM
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock is the solution to a problem that simply does not exist.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The combination of faction locks and increased siege damage has added entirely new layers to Cyrodiil that I've never seen before. Strategy and tactics are more important now and rivalries are formed between players. It's made Cyrodiil much less forgiving and more competitive, and it's been really interesting to watch.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    To hide the rivalries with faction lock becoming a thing they lit the pts discussion on fire with new “changes.”
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, maths isn't your strong suit. Use 210 days as a base, as that is the smallest point where the two campaigns days intersect. Plug the below into Excel.

=210/30*50
    =210/7*10

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    The combination of faction locks and increased siege damage has added entirely new layers to Cyrodiil that I've never seen before. Strategy and tactics are more important now

ROFLMAO. Mate, you have what 16 real points of interest on the map, and with the advent of keep stones, I can't even cut keeps off behind enemy lines. Strategy and tactics. Lordy, I'm wiping tears away here, thanks for the belly laugh.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had missed a lot of this cycle due to personal reasons but have been on a few nights lately and have to say, Its actually kind of fun right now when the game works. I wonder if the next campaign will be like this or if it will shift again into something totally lopsided.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP needs help on NoCP - just saying.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    The combination of faction locks and increased siege damage has added entirely new layers to Cyrodiil that I've never seen before. Strategy and tactics are more important now

ROFLMAO. Mate, you have what 16 real points of interest on the map, and with the advent of keep stones, I can't even cut keeps off behind enemy lines. Strategy and tactics. Lordy, I'm wiping tears away here, thanks for the belly laugh.

Strategic Faction Play

SsTLv8u.png
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually it is VERY important because most people unless you are in a guild group that requires it, won’t use recall stones because of the cost and that person won’t necessarily run to a keep that is cut off as well. So strategy and tactics.... yeah. Maybe it is different on the 30 day CP server but I doubt it.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually it is VERY important because most people unless you are in a guild group that requires it, won’t use recall stones because of the cost and that person won’t necessarily run to a keep that is cut off as well. So strategy and tactics.... yeah. Maybe it is different on the 30 day CP server but I doubt it.

It's a multi-daily ritual to have 40 red standing on Chal gate light attacking and 40 blue doing the same who won't go around. Or blue standing on Ash gate.