The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Wait, are people who want locks are complaining about faction imbalances? Did I miss something?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Dear ZOS. Please. Stop listening to:
    -bad players (they kill me in PVP, ban them, they cheat)
    -zeglings (there are lags when we come with all our faction to an empty keep, and more lags when 8-men ballgroup wipe us all)
    -RPers (we play for red/yellow/blue banner, everyone should play for one faction only, loyalty! ban spies!)
    -lazy casuals (i have one char, faction lock changes nothing to me, whats the problem?)
    -lazy bad RPing jelous tards (they relog and gain more AP! they sell emperorship *whine* ballgroups! relogging ballgroups! aoe spammers! they have more rewards! not fair! don't let them play as they are able to, let they play only as I'm able to!)
    They are not reliable source of info about the state of PVP, because they have no idea what PVP is.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS. Please. Stop listening to:
    -bad players (they kill me in PVP, ban them, they cheat)
    -zeglings (there are lags when we come with all our faction to an empty keep, and more lags when 8-men ballgroup wipe us all)
    -RPers (we play for red/yellow/blue banner, everyone should play for one faction only, loyalty! ban spies!)
    -lazy casuals (i have one char, faction lock changes nothing to me, whats the problem?)
    -lazy bad RPing jelous tards (they relog and gain more AP! they sell emperorship *whine* ballgroups! relogging ballgroups! aoe spammers! they have more rewards! not fair! don't let them play as they are able to, let they play only as I'm able to!)
    They are not reliable source of info about the state of PVP, because they have no idea what PVP is.

You're as biased as everyone you mentioned, thus you shouldn't be listened to also. All you mentioned is just your opinion based on personal prejudices which makes you even worse source of any knowledge.

As to the topic:
    The main purpose of Cyrodiil is playing objectives. Faction lock improves this kind of gameplay in several ways by limiting optiotins to abuse easy faction switching (emp trading, scrolls stealing, leading pugs to bind them in meaningless fights and many more). Reintroducing lock brought back a lot of fairplay into campains.

The other less important functions of Cyrodiil like rewards, still can be done in unlocked campains and IC. The same goes to playing with friends from other factions.

One of the side effects (positive) of faction lock is much less chat toxicity. There is A LOT less troll players that regulary logged only to trigger and trash talk on zone chat of other factions.

Most serious drawback of faction lock is that SOME people can't play on ALL of their toons in the SPECIFIC campain they want. It may be frustrating for them but its nothing when compared to all the abusive behavior we've been facing through last years without faction lock.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 19, 2019 10:50AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With campaign reset, the expected and feared has come true.

You need to manually unassign your home campaign on the faction you were playing with last month. But If you log on them and they are already in cyrodiil you get autolocked to the campaign !

I THOUGH ZOS WOULDN'T *** IT UP YET THEY DID !
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey PC EU. How did your Kaal finish?
    In NA, EP won by 15k while dc and ad were 2k apart.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »

You need to manually unassign your home campaign on the faction you were playing with last month. But If you log on them and they are already in cyrodiil you get autolocked to the campaign !

Don't lie, you didn't think they wouldn't *** it up.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Most serious drawback of faction lock is that SOME people can't play on ALL of their toons in the SPECIFIC campain they want. It may be frustrating for them but its nothing when compared to all the abusive behavior we've been facing through last years without faction lock.

The correct response to abusive behavior is for the accounts of the abusers to be actioned.

Read -- banned, suspended, restricted, etc.

Do you disagree that would have been an appropriate step to take? For the actual TOS to be enforced?

Collective punishment is unethical for a reason. Collectively punishing every single player with multi faction toons to enforce a ruleset is terrible policy.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The correct response to abusive behavior is for the accounts of the abusers to be actioned.

Do you disagree that would have been an appropriate step to take? For the actual TOS to be enforced?

Collective punishment is unethical for a reason. Collectively punishing every single player with multi faction toons to enforce a ruleset is terrible policy.

What parts of the TOS are violated via faction swapping. Please cite specifically.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the original post was mixing up everything aka faction swappers and so called griefers and "ap exploiters"
    Agrippa just answered to say that there's a better way to punish the dudes that actually grief others than using faction lock and preventing all of the factionless ppl (as me) to play wherever they want

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is selfish, but I'd just like to say... called it. Saw all this coming a mile away. And no one believed me.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Don't lie, you didn't think they wouldn't *** it up.

Of course I though they would *** up but my brain was like "maybe they can do ONE thing right"

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

What parts of the TOS are violated via faction swapping. Please cite specifically.

None, because that's not what I said.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have to revert the current 30 day CP campaign that is faction locked. Just make another 30 day CP campaign that is not faction locked. Let the player choose which campaign they want to play in. Those that like faction locked campaign stay with it, those that don't go unlocked. Simple fix.
  • Sybreed_Neurodrive
    Nahh, i like the faction lock, it should never be removed, move on!
  • baronzilch
    baronzilch
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    They don't have to revert the current 30 day CP campaign that is faction locked. Just make another 30 day CP campaign that is not faction locked. Let the player choose which campaign they want to play in. Those that like faction locked campaign stay with it, those that don't go unlocked. Simple fix.

People will go to the one that highest pop (most competition) regardless of their faction lock beliefs. Whichever has early momentum will come out on top in a landslide and will not actually give you any meaningful data for this debate.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    So many fallacies...

So many unusable characters for those that have multiple factions...

So many empty campaigns...

So little ability for factions to fluidly balance....

So much continued toxicity...

BUT: Now I can RP by myself in this wonderful Massively-multiplayer-online game because my friends got locked to the wrong faction at campaign reset.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually these faction locks are worse then the original ones because back then you could unhome a campaign and rehome it if you made a mistake now you don’t have that option.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • echo2omega
    echo2omega
    ✭✭✭
    How to solve faction locking:

Allow players to change faction.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    echo2omega wrote: »
    How to solve faction locking:

Allow players to change faction.

Agreed.

If ZOS had indicated in any form or shape when removing faction locks that they might reintroduce them later i would have never leveled anything on an underpopulated faction - oh wait...
    All i´m getting from this is the feeling of having been cheated by the devs and now being unable to play half my chars.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    Introduce "Faction Change Token" for some crown

simple solution
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS thank you so much for the Faction locks!! PVP has been so much more enjoyable!!

Well done!
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »

simple solution

I would throw money at the screen
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

simple solution

Why pay for something we use to be able to do for free?
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nahh, i like the faction lock, it should never be removed, move on!

Well, if you like it I withdraw my objection, there's obviously no problems with it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »

simple solution

I would throw money at the screen

The issue why we´re not getting it is ZOS would have to provide it for free.
    Otherwise ppl would argue that zos maliciously cheated them to create multi faction characters just to lock them out of playing them and then charge money to let them play again.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least allow me to access Cyrodil under the faction of my choice, unlinked to the faction of my character.

Idgaf if it's an EP toon, if I'm AD locked let me join AD on my "EP" toon.

Faction Lock doesn't exist in open world, it shouldn't exist in Cyrodil.
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭

Wouldn´t be fun if they didn´t *** it up, would it?
    I AM INNOCENT
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop with faction lock why does it matter right now you cant even play in Cyrodiil anyway. The lag is beyond a point of playable PVP.

As soon as the ball groups start logging in a playing aroudn 6ish the game become totally unplayable.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 14k point win differential on the 30 day NA CP campaign was brought to you by faction locks.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    The 14k point win differential on the 30 day NA CP campaign was brought to you by faction locks.

Then how do you explain how the score is for the current campaign?