The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Dominion_Nightblade
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Delsskia wrote: »
    The 14k point win differential on the 30 day NA CP campaign was brought to you by faction locks.

Then how do you explain how the score is for the current campaign?

It's because on the first couple days of last campaign elsewhere dropped. A bunch of people were questing and leveling and a bunch of ep got together and zerged the mostly empty map. They got so many points ahead that it discouraged a bunch of AD and DC to just wait for the next campaign or this one to get serious and now ep isn't all that great.

Lol, I wonder how many noobs switched to ep to be on the winning side this campaign. Probably feeling a little silly by now.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    As I've said before, I've only got DC characters, so I'm immune to faction locks changes. However, I also hate playing in ridiculous lag and disconnects, so I don't currently play the 30 (even though I home it) on console, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to after the console update either.
    So the faction lock stuff potentially won't even do me a favor, as a faction loyal player, because the problem for me is the dog-piling on one campaign during NA prime time that makes it a chore to get in and play and a headache to play once I'm in

Thanks for pointing this out. Introducing faction locks in their present form has been such a bad decision for the community as a whole.
    ZOS removed enforced faction loyalty from Cyrodiil a long time ago, and it is incredibly unfair to backtrack on that with no recourse for those that embraced it.
    No CP players have no options.
    CP players who multifaction have no options that they like.

Yes, this is not the product that I purchased when I (re-)subbed.

I hope ZOS will revert the current faction locks and offer a better solution. Many options have been suggested on this and other threads.

as far as i know there been no indication what so ever that SoZ is going to revert faction locks, NONE !
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    As I've said before, I've only got DC characters, so I'm immune to faction locks changes. However, I also hate playing in ridiculous lag and disconnects, so I don't currently play the 30 (even though I home it) on console, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to after the console update either.
    So the faction lock stuff potentially won't even do me a favor, as a faction loyal player, because the problem for me is the dog-piling on one campaign during NA prime time that makes it a chore to get in and play and a headache to play once I'm in

Thanks for pointing this out. Introducing faction locks in their present form has been such a bad decision for the community as a whole.
    ZOS removed enforced faction loyalty from Cyrodiil a long time ago, and it is incredibly unfair to backtrack on that with no recourse for those that embraced it.

I hope ZOS will revert the current faction locks and offer a better solution. Many options have been suggested on this and other threads.

as far as i know there been no indication what so ever that SoZ is going to revert faction locks, NONE !

To be fair, it hasn't been long enough to be able to tell how locks will affect the campaigns for zos to make a decision either way. It'll be at least until the next major update before they'd say anything.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

To be fair, it hasn't been long enough to be able to tell how locks will affect the campaigns for zos to make a decision either way. It'll be at least until the next major update before they'd say anything.

I doubt, they change their mind again, just saying, what you think is the chanse they revert their code a third time after undoing something that essentially was again changed years ago... aparantly something dident work. flip flopping back and fourth, is a sure way to *** off your player base

and as iwe been saying a few times, your free to talk to your friends and decide where you want to play...

and it is normal procedure, to stick with your side in a ongoing match till its been concluded, then you can again talk to your friends and decide where you want to play...

What is brilliantly stupid on exalted levels, is to have the loosing side in a dota finals, decide to switch side mid game, to yoin the wining side, couse they also want to win...i guess its the new meta of the kids of today, everyone wins, every one gets epics...
    Edited by Miriel on June 27, 2019 10:40AM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What bothers me most is the "placebo" effect that some people seem to notice.

Personally I find it extremely hard to point out any changes in terme of AvA since the change. The scoring is as unbalanced as ever (nightcap), populations are unbalanced as ever, zonechat is as bad at counting enemies as ever.

Of course it wasnt the "end of Cyro" either as some people made it out to be but not being able to play all your chars and not being able to play with friends on other factions are actzal disadvantages while I have a hard time to see an objective positive impact of the locks.

Instead of arguing for/against locks we should rather try to resolve the issues while maintaining the positive feeling.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing for campaign and alliance in 2K19, :lol:
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock fail caused mid-year mayhem to be cancelled
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they hold an event that floods more people in when the servers can’t even handle the normal pop of players? They said they are working on the fix. I pray they find it soon.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    How long before we get an update on why they did this in the first place, and whether it's had an actual difference on gameplay experience?

So far, it just seems to have divided the community (and not in a way that distributed players to improve performance :D )
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Personally I find it extremely hard to point out any changes in terme of AvA since the change. The scoring is as unbalanced as ever (nightcap), populations are unbalanced as ever,

On XNA it's worse than previously. These days EP paint the town red every night, and other factions log off earlier and earlier....
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine my surprise, loggin in after months and finding that I cannot play on different factions. Was really looking forward to playing my different characters in no-CP. Very disappointed. I doubt a small fry like me ever made a difference in scoring, so this decision is puzzling ...
    Subscription ends in a few months. Will probably not renew.
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    bakermir wrote: »
    Introduce "Faction Change Token" for some crown

simple solution

Why pay for something we use to be able to do for free?

I get your point but they want faction lock. My point was to have some solution to the problems if they want to keep this *** lock.

In World of Warcraft you can pay to change faction between Horde and Alliance. I don't see any problems it being implemented here if they really want to hard lock us to factions. I know a lot of players who got locked in wrong side because they parked their characters in cyrodiil and now they couldn't even get to choose. This is ridiculous. There should be some way to change this. Also I should be able to change my faction if I pay money, forget about the 30 day lock. People don't want to level new character every time.

I am not even debating if we need faction lock or not. Some people will like it, some won't. But we should be able to get ourselves out of crappy situations like this so people who had their characters parked in Cyrodiil won't have to wait 30 days to play with their friends again or if we want to change faction on some of our toons instead of deleting them.
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

simple solution

I get your point but they want faction lock. My point was to have some solution to the problems if they want to keep this *** lock.

In World of Warcraft you can pay to change faction between Horde and Alliance. I don't see any problems it being implemented here if they really want to hard lock us to factions. I know a lot of players who got locked in wrong side because they parked their characters in cyrodiil and now they couldn't even get to choose. This is ridiculous. There should be some way to change this. Also I should be able to change my faction if I pay money, forget about the 30 day lock. People don't want to level new character every time.

I am not even debating if we need faction lock or not. Some people will like it, some won't. But we should be able to get ourselves out of crappy situations like this so people who had their characters parked in Cyrodiil won't have to wait 30 days to play with their friends again or if we want to change faction on some of our toons instead of deleting them.

While I understand your thinking, I myself ended up homed on No CP as EP and CP as DC so I can’t play with anyone I know who is still playing, since most of my other friends are taking breaks because the lag is unbearable. However, prior to One Tamerial you could pay gold or AP to drop your home campaign early and reassign it to whatever character on whatever faction. Since I am stuck having to live with faction locks which I can’t see any good change for in No CP, I should be able by my own choosing to drop the server and my leaderboard position and rehome to whatever character on the faction of my choosing. So why would you pay for something they use to give us for free and should give it back to us for free. Since I am “locked” on the wrong faction on both servers all this is doing right now is making me ask why do I even bother to log in for the next month? Then if bad wasn’t bad enough they canceled the only pvp event we get. I understand the servers can’t handle it but would it hurt to throw us a bone to keep us happy, playing, and paying our subs?
    Edited by Dutchessx on June 28, 2019 3:17PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭

simple solution

While I understand your thinking, I myself ended up homed on No CP as EP and CP as DC so I can’t play with anyone I know who is still playing, since most of my other friends are taking breaks because the lag is unbearable. However, prior to One Tamerial you could pay gold or AP to drop your home campaign early and reassign it to whatever character on whatever faction. Since I am stuck having to live with faction locks which I can’t see any good change for in No CP, I should be able by my own choosing to drop the server and my leaderboard position and rehome to whatever character on the faction of my choosing. So why would you pay for something they use to give us for free and should give it back to us for free. Since I am “locked” on the wrong faction on both servers all this is doing right now is making me ask why do I even bother to log in for the next month? Then if bad wasn’t bad enough they canceled the only pvp event we get. I understand the servers can’t handle it but would it hurt to throw us a bone to keep us happy, playing, and paying our subs?

I agree with you completely. I was just suggesting alternatives.
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz this needs to be changed back or atleast be able to log in as guest on a different alliance.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the rewards better for the 30-day campaign than for the 7-day campaign?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30 day gives better rewards for less effort.

You need to get ~4x as many ap for ~20% less rewards in the 7 day campaign.

Edit: Simplified for the argument by using 28 days for the 7 day campaign.
    Edited by Derra on July 1, 2019 6:48AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• J41K
    J41K
    Soul Shriven
    Please make it so that yopu may select an alliance to earn AP for and work towards leaderborads, emp etc. But with the ability to play onother alliances without the ability to earn AP.

This would mean you have your mains yet if you wished to play with friends you could without removing the single alliance lock you wish to have in place.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I suspect this idea the rewards are less is where a lot of the anti lock emotion has come from latterly. Some people don't want to play the unlocked 7 day campaigns because they incorrectly think the rewards are less.

(I am not going to digress into other reasons mentioned here...we had that out weeks and pages ago, the anti faction lockers and I. We are going to have to agree to differ ).

The rewards for the worthy and gladiator proofs etc drop exactly the same in both. ie daily.

Because they don't get a single big 50 transmute crystal container at the end, some people think the transmute rewards are less...actually the ratio is exactly the same. On 7 day campaigns you have to play for a few hours once a week each time the campaign reopens to earn that AP. For which you get a smaller container each week. But the number of crystals adds up to the same once every 30 days for the same amount of AP.

It is also much easier to rank on the leader-boards to be in the top few percent to get gold jewellery on the unlocked 7 days CP campaign since, according to anti faction lock people, the 7 day campaigns are still empty. So your chances of gold jewellery are higher. Gold jewellery goes to the top 1 or 2 % of the leader-board (i can't recall exactly)....when 1000s of people play, getting in the top 1% is more competitive than when no one does. Obviously.

The leader-boards on 30day CP are very competitive so your chances of Emping on 7 days are also much higher..particularly if you take 8 or 10 people who can play well, with you. Emp swapping used to be a thing in the NA Shor campaign. People passed it within the faction ie they stood aside and abandoned the campaign on that character so others on the leader-board could get the title. (There may have been more nefarious faction deals and swapping but I only played Shor for 30 days, so I dunno about that.) However it works now, it's likely that the fewer people playing, the more likely you are to succeed by repairing keeps for AP and then grabbing your non faction locked friends to join you on your current faction in order to take the Emp keeps and get you Emp. This is not a thing so easy to do on the 30 day PC NA campaign. Particularly with locks.

So TL: DR the daily rewards are the same, the chances of gold jewellery are higher on 7 days, the chances of Emping are higher on 7 days, but zerg surfing for 50 transmutes for a few hours once every 30 days on several alts was easier than having to PvP once a week for 4 weeks and 2 days on the 7 day CP campaign. That isn't possible anymore. So the rewards are the same for the same effort in my opinion

I also would like a one time faction change token given to everyone for their alts. Since they changed the rules so suddenly. Or even just to everyone who has completed Cadwell's gold on the character they want to change. This was suggested a lot. I hope they listen.
    edited for last few sentences which I lost somehow the first time.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 3, 2019 4:54PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I suspect this idea the rewards are less is where a lot of the anti lock emotion has come from latterly. Some people don't want to play the unlocked 7 day campaigns because they incorrectly think the rewards are less.

(I am not going to digress into other reasons mentioned here...we had that out weeks and pages ago, the anti faction lockers and I. We are going to have to agree to differ ).

The rewards for the worthy and gladiator proofs etc drop exactly the same in both. ie daily.

Because they don't get a single big 50 transmute crystal container at the end, some people think the transmute rewards are less...actually the ratio is exactly the same. On 7 day campaigns you have to play for a few hours once a week each time the campaign reopens to earn that AP. For which you get a smaller container each week. But the number of crystals adds up to the same once every 30 days for the same amount of AP.

It is also much easier to rank on the leader-boards to be in the top few percent to get gold jewellery on the unlocked 7 days CP campaign since, according to anti faction lock people, the 7 day campaigns are still empty. So your chances of gold jewellery are higher. Gold jewellery goes to the top 1 or 2 % of the leader-board (i can't recall exactly)....when 1000s of people play, getting in the top 1% is more competitive than when no one does. Obviously.

The leader-boards on 30day CP are very competitive so your chances of Emping on 7 days are also much higher..particularly if you take 8 or 10 people who can play well, with you. Emp swapping used to be a thing in the NA Shor campaign. People passed it within the faction ie they stood aside and abandoned the campaign on that character so others on the leader-board could get the title. (There may have been more nefarious faction deals and swapping but I only played Shor for 30 days, so I dunno about that.) However it works now, it's likely that the fewer people playing, the more likely you are to succeed by repairing keeps for AP and then grabbing your non faction locked friends to join you on your current faction in order to take the Emp keeps and get you Emp. This is not a thing so easy to do on the 30 day PC NA campaign. Particularly with locks.

So TL: DR the daily rewards are the same, the chances of gold jewellery are higher on 7 days, the chances of Emping are higher on 7 days, but zerg surfing for 50 transmutes for a few hours once every 30 days on several alts was easier than having to PvP once a week for 4 weeks and 2 days on the 7 day CP campaign. That isn't possible anymore. So the rewards are the same for the same effort in my opinion

I also would like a one time faction change token given to everyone for their alts. Since they changed the rules so suddenly. Or even just to everyone who has completed Cadwell's gold on the character they want to change. This was suggested a lot. I hope they listen.

While I wouldn’t attempt to speak for others but I know very few people who complete Caldwell’s Gold on anything but their original main, myself included.

I would also state it doesn’t solve the issue surrounding why alts were made in the first place. You still can’t pvp with all of your friends or help balance the campaign when it is lopsided.

Also, all your eggs are in one basket. What do you do if something happens and all your toons are now x faction but there isn’t anyone to run with? All you do is pvp. Do you quit the game? How do you solve that problem?
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 3, 2019 5:21PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait I thought 4 x 10 = 40, 40<50...
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I wouldn’t attempt to speak for others but I know very few people who complete Caldwell’s Gold on anything but their original main, myself included.

I would also state it doesn’t solve the issue surrounding why alts were made in the first place. You still can’t pvp with all of your friends or help balance the campaign when it is lopsided.

Also, all your eggs are in one basket. What do you do if something happens and all your toons are now x faction but there isn’t anyone to run with? All you do is pvp. Do you quit the game? How do you solve that problem?

Roll a new toon, talk your “friends” into playing on your faction, or group up with other players. It’s really not that difficult to get around this. If these options seem like just too much work for you, maybe it IS time to move one.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Roll a new toon, talk your “friends” into playing on your faction, or group up with other players. It’s really not that difficult to get around this. If these options seem like just too much work for you, maybe it IS time to move one.

It is more difficult than you assume because my friends have friends who have friends who have friends who have friends. So at some point someone will have to make a decision on who they want to play with and who they wont be able to play with in the populated campaign for 30 days.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow! Heartless.

Actually read the post prior what was being suggested was to give people a free alliance change for all toons. As I stated this wouldn’t solve those problems or situations that I listed. However, thanks so much for providing me with your brutish response I guess it is okay since none of us are real people we are hyper-intelligent software programs. 😜
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

It is more difficult than you assume because my friends have friends who have friends who have friends who have friends. So at some point someone will have to make a decision on who they want to play with and who they wont be able to play with in the populated campaign for 30 days.

It’s still easy. You made new friends playing on different alliances before, and you can make more new friends grouping up with new people on your chosen alliance. Over the course of the 5 years I’ve been pvping, I’ve made and lost more friends than I can count as people come and go in ESO. Yeah it’s annoying if you used to flip between factions with various toons playing with your friends and now you can’t, but them’s the breaks. Change is inevitable. Adapt or don’t. It’s up to each of us.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

It’s still easy. You made new friends playing on different alliances before, and you can make more new friends grouping up with new people on your chosen alliance. Over the course of the 5 years I’ve been pvping, I’ve made and lost more friends than I can count as people come and go in ESO. Yeah it’s annoying if you used to flip between factions with various toons playing with your friends and now you can’t, but them’s the breaks. Change is inevitable. Adapt or don’t. It’s up to each of us.

Yes you are right in that it would be easier to lose the friends that I am no longer able to play with than to find fun fights to play with those friends.
    Edited by TBois on July 3, 2019 9:21PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep faction lock. That's all I'm going to say.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Revert faction lock. That's all I'm going to say.

P.S - My other characters are collecting dust now thanks to this, I doubt this was the idea?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »
    Revert faction lock. That's all I'm going to say.

P.S - My other characters are collecting dust now thanks to this, I doubt this was the idea?

A game, now, that locks you out of playing your toons and that helps you lose friends. This is how it is now after encouraging us to make friends and toons in other alliances. Faction change tokens, in my opinion, is the least the should do to mitigate this change if they decide it's here to stay.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friends aren't the be-all and end all of the Game- get a *** grip!!!!!!
    Instead of crying into your keyboard go and organise next months PVP group with your friends. Figure out which campaign and which faction you'll play.
    It's as if this is rocket science - and it clearly is not.
    If they are your friends, they will be happy to organise some time to play with you. If not, maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship.