The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Low Population keep capturing (EU server)

• Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Metafae wrote: »
    Honestly, if you can't hold the campaign at night, you don't have any right to complain.

You have people in your own faction that play at that time and they suck at defending the map. Deal with it.

Edit: I should add that I agree with the scoring being changed. I don't think low pop factions should get any bonus at all. The scoring should be the same flat rate 24/7. It's the only fair way to do it.

Right so I’m supposed to hold the campaign with a few people against zergs of 30+ people? This is what happens on the EU server every night. Your logic is just too sound wow.

Settle Grettle! I never said you had to do it. Blimey.
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

This ^ Smh
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....according to tis thread...somehow...ZoS made it so... only EP can enter Cyrodiil during this "night" period people are talking about?
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mimimimim - your prime time is not everyones prime time"

Why do players who play during off-hours not spread even between the population?
    Should a overpopulated alliance have it really so easy to win? (even if they just are heavy overpopulated during a time period)
    Do you actually want to pvp or just want an easy win?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if people in other regions have their prime time when it's late night in other regions, how then all those people are from a single faction?

those people that are from other region aren't spread in all factions?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three words: Life ain't fair.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • Eraldus
    Eraldus
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no way this is not a joke/troll thread...
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Hey... these people recruited...formed a guild of players that play at that time...they are not exploiting....simply taking advantage of a weakness in your factions defense....

You cant say: Hey guys.. soz but the suns gone down and im in bed and if you take our keep its only worth half the points k? Realise how silly that sounds...

Like for real. If you want to combat it... recruit your own oceanic friends or people that play in these times and defend....

Also what happens if there is a vast faction imbalance during the day? Same silly rule applies?... take time to think before attempting to implement something that disadvantages others not playing in your prime...
    Options
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Playing for score in 2k19, cmoooooon
    Edited by LoreToo on July 5, 2019 12:59PM
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proposed punishment of AP gains is ridiculous. So someone who wants caltrops or vigor and happen to be from Australia now has to take 4x as long because you are upset they exist. Ok so what disadvantage do you have that they are exploiting? You are asleep.

So there is a significant population drop during the day while mlgpro players are at school, should we dynamically adjust those gains too?

Its a game that has a world population and also taking under defended or empty keeps obviously is a viable way to win the campaign.

Does it suck to log into a map that is completely blanketed another color? Sure, but it sure gives you something to do every day.

No one is exploiting any systems here, you just are upset about how other people play the game differently than you.

Hurdurdur it's PvP not pvdoor is not acceptable as an answer since PvP is battlegrounds and cryodiil is literally pvdoor or pvwall with defending players by design.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The solution to many problems is "population balance".

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Im not actually sure if this is worth discussing since things seem to be different on other servers from what I’ve read on here. On the PS4 EU server EP has been holding the map during the low population hours and during this time there are almost no AD or DC to defend or capture keeps so as a result EP basically ends up racking up an insane amount of points which results in a campaign win due to there being no AD or DC online.

The problem with PS4 EU is that EP out numbers two other two factions combined, it used to be balance in terms of numbers, then everyone started switching to reds.
    Edited by CambionDaemon on July 5, 2019 1:12PM
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an American, and my peak playing time is between 12 AM and 6 AM.

But I don't spend much time in Cyrodiil-- only when an event is going on in Cyrodiil, and even then I just do scouting missions, or maybe try to capture resources.

Aside from that, I only go to Cyrodiil if I've got a treasure map to use, or have a master writ that requires it. (Even though I'm in guilds that have all crafting stations for all sets, I still like to go to the real McCoy crafting stations-- it's part of the fun.)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

It’s amazing that this had to be stated. OP, the sun does not rise and set on North America. What you call “night capping” is our Aussie/Oceanic friends playing the game. It would be utterly unfair (not to mention disrespectful) to them if their efforts were not valued as highly as ours.

Nonsense. It's pretty clear that their efforts are not as significant if there is nobody there to stand against them.

Scores should vary depending on the resistance. And that should be the case 24 hours a day - if 50 people take a keep off 100, they shouldn't get the same credit as 100 taking off 50.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

It’s amazing that this had to be stated. OP, the sun does not rise and set on North America. What you call “night capping” is our Aussie/Oceanic friends playing the game. It would be utterly unfair (not to mention disrespectful) to them if their efforts were not valued as highly as ours.

Nonsense. It's pretty clear that their efforts are not as significant if there is nobody there to stand against them.

Scores should vary depending on the resistance. And that should be the case 24 hours a day - if 50 people take a keep off 100, they shouldn't get the same credit as 100 taking off 50.

but that already exists in the game. If 50 people take 100 defenders the o-tick for that 50 is going to be larger than 100 take a 50 man keep.

The only thing that doesn't change is the base tick for taking the keep, which you are saying should be variable I guess, but then you want everything on a sliding scale and lol good luck with that.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what would be a good time like midnight to 5am Eastern time on NA and points for taking keeps and scrolls etc would be 25% less
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightappers are in a majority americans, you can see them streaming on twitch. Yet again, if the population was as global as you claim(NA servers, vast majority of players are from NA), then why are all the overnight players EP. Wouldn't there be people playing on the other factions as well? Well there aren't, otherwise the map wouldn't be red every morning.

Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Split the scoring into 3 separate time frames. 12-8am EST, 8am-4pm est, 4pm-midnight est.

Problem solved
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should people that play at a different time than you deserve to get a smaller score? There are many different shifts and people from all over the world, it’s a 24/7 game and all of the content reflects that. You can stay up all night and defend your 30 day campaign score but the contributions 3rd shift players make to the game matter just as much as yours.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Before faction lock night capping became less of an issue happen, but during downtimes people would switch factions to stop the night capers and so on

Baloney, I used to wake up every morning before faction lock to a yellow map on PS4 NA Vivec and it would take EP all morning to take it back, hold it through prime time. Go to bed wake up again with the map all yellow, rinse and repeat.
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simplest fix would be to remove all AP & Points gains from PVDoor.
    Have them tied directly with actual PVP - Points earned for killing other enemy players.
    That way the population will spread out naturally or they will have nobody to fight (as is now) and no way to gain AP / Points.
    Edited by dtsharples on July 5, 2019 3:26PM
    Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off hours point hoarding has been a thing for as long as I have been playing in Cyrodiil. I don't see any reason the scoring should change though.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Have them tied directly with actual PVP - Points earner for killing other enemy players.
    That way the population will spread out naturally or they will have nobody to fight (as is now) and no way to gain AP / Points.

Sure remove all points from the objectives the game was designed for.
    One big COD sand box.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have them tied directly with actual PVP - Points earner for killing other enemy players.

Cyrodiil is not that. PvDoor/PvWall whatever you want to call it is the actual objective of the game mode.

How do you score points? Flip the map.

How do you supplement your points? Kill players while taking the map.

You don't get to negate the main focus of the game because you don't like it and want to kill people.

There is a dedicated PvP game mode. It exists so you don't have to play objectives, so you don't have to worry about not finding "good fights" its called battlegrounds.

What this is, is people that want to ignore the mechanics of the game mode and then force everyone else to play the way they want.

You don't get to do that, the rules of the game mode dictate the actions you can take.

Just because you don't like the way it makes you feel doesn't mean it should change.
    Options
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they really need is Oceanic servers and then populations would even out more. As it is now you cannot punish oceanic players for playing during their prime times.
    Options
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    FFS. Once again someone makes a post about very real issue that for years have rendered pvp boring and frustrating for many players. And how does this brilliant forum-community respond? By once again going through same old stupid time-zone conversation. Like, how many times do you need to mention that we have time-zones? I know about time-zones, so does opening poster and probably everyone else here too, this game is for adults afterall for gods sake.

"Night-capping" = population imbalance during certain time-frame.

Problem is population imbalance, not when it happens. As long as zos doesn`t force somehow numerical balance to cyrodiil "night-capping" will continue to be an issue. Simple as that. If numbers are even closely balanced, then it`s about L2P, then it`s about strategy, organization, co-opereation and even about quality of individual players, but if imbalance is too big, then no amount of "git gud" will make a difference.

We need dynamic population-caps. This is the last time I will mention and advocate this. I and others have said that enough times here already in other threads and now I don`t give a *** about this game or its pvp anymore.
    Without forced balance cyrodiil pvp will remain shite that it is and has been for long time. If it means most popular faction would have queue in the middle of the someones night, so be it. Huge imbalance and one faction dominating just encourages underdogs to log out or leave cyrodiil or even find another game, as there really isn`t chance to be succesfull and have fun when you get zerged down by overwhelming numbers everywhere all the time.

Dynamic pop-caps is what they should have added with Elsweyr instead of faction-lock, as faction-lock doesn`t really help with imbalance at all, it merely locks the imbalance that already exists. And imbalance is the real issue here. Root cause of so called "night-capping".

Options
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfair

All's fair in love & war.

Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is not that. PvDoor/PvWall whatever you want to call it is the actual objective of the game mode. .
    agree.gif

Never understood the whole PvDoor whining either. That is *literally* the main game objective in Cyrodiil.

If all you care about is fighting other players 1v1, you shouldn't be in Cyrodiil. Or at the very least not whine about others playing the actual main objective.
    rolleyes.gif
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Cyrodiil is not that. PvDoor/PvWall whatever you want to call it is the actual objective of the game mode.

How do you score points? Flip the map.

How do you supplement your points? Kill players while taking the map.

You don't get to negate the main focus of the game because you don't like it and want to kill people.

There is a dedicated PvP game mode. It exists so you don't have to play objectives, so you don't have to worry about not finding "good fights" its called battlegrounds.

What this is, is people that want to ignore the mechanics of the game mode and then force everyone else to play the way they want.

You don't get to do that, the rules of the game mode dictate the actions you can take.

Just because you don't like the way it makes you feel doesn't mean it should change.

Pretty much this. People wanting the game to be what it isn't
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple fix for this would be if ZoS just made the earth flat.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options