The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low Population keep capturing (EU server)

Vlad9425
Vlad9425
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I believe it’s a bit unfair that the game continues to count score at the same rate in the low population hours on the EU server because what ends up happening is one alliance Night Caps the whole map, gets Emp and possibly scrolls as well completely undermining the effort of the other 2 alliances during the day. Then they accumulate thousands of points during the hours where there’s no people on from the other 2 alliances which ruins the end result of the campaign.

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign (low population hours). Thoughts?

EDIT: this is a thread to suggest ideas on changing how the scoring works and I'm not suggesting people should be punished for playing at certain times because obviously due to different time zones some people can only play during these times. Please comment your suggestions.
Edited by Vlad9425 on July 5, 2019 6:01PM
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they should really do is just implement a prime time feature where points are more valuable during this time.
    But then again they should just completely remove offense ticks and actually make kills count towards campaign score because cyrodiil is mostly a bunch of PvDoor tank zerglings who just take empty keeps nowadays, and only siege when fighting players 🤷‍♂️
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a global game and everyone's on different time zones. Would it be appropriate of me to ask them to restrict points or population on the NA server while I'm at work because all the 'Murkens are playing in their prime time and us Aussies can't play?

You choose to sleep - I have to work B)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought that what you suggest is a good idea. I realize that off-hour players may feel somewhat devalued, so I think that something like making all points earned during certain hours only count for 25% of the usual would be a good idea. That way those players who genuinely would just be on at those times don't have all their efforts be for nothing, but it also doesn't provide incentive for some of the toxic nightcapping atmospheres that have occurred in some campaigns (In one campaign on PC NA earlier this year, one faction actively recruited a large guild of Eastern Europeans to come switch to their campaign just so that they could nightcap, and then had two of their emp candidates join them and actively hate whisper and even physically threaten players from other alliances who they encountered on during their nightcapping, attempting to harass everyone into submission so they could easily nightcap and win the campaign). So reduced points during night hours seems like a good solution to reduce toxic behavior like that and provide better balance to campaigns, while not invalidating the efforts of legitimate players on during those hours.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The whole game should be paused when I'm not online.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now we need region locks as well as faction locks. :D
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

Not true. There are less people on at night to defend the map so what happens is for example EP will get a group together to take almost empty keeps, crown emperor and hold onto the keeps overnight since there are hardly any people left on the other two alliances to do anything about it. It is a cheap tactic which basically guarantees the campaign win to the alliance that night caps.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So be nice to your Aussie friends!
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 5, 2019 12:52AM
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    Less people on to defend AND less people on to capture. It works both ways.
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Less people on to defend AND less people on to capture. It works both ways.

Explain to me how it "works both ways" when a handful of people have to defend against 30-40+ player groups whom some of them specifically come on at night to crown their buddy emperor because they are too trash to do it during the day? This is what has been happening on the EU server all the time. I can't comment on the NA server but I'm sure someone else could clarify that.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fought a squishy emp (who was on a Necro tank oddly enough) a fool I kill all the time and was about to send her a complimentary whisper along the lines of “wow you’re getting a lil bit better!” We 1v1ed and I realized “Oh she can’t kill me; but, she ain’t dead yet like normal. Her nightcaping Zergling guild turned up and got me and I wasn’t even mad.

Then someone mentioned she was emp. So ok I set her a hate tell “ omg you’re TRASH!” Because she is. Oddly enough the fool was offended. So, I tbagged her the next two times I killed her.

Last night the fool, nightcapping with Avante Guard or some such AD Zergling guild got me a few times. Tbagged me and sent me a hate tell. I was shocked because the fool killed me exactly 2 times in a YEAR. So, o told the fool “you keep killing me you might catch up one of these days.”

Nightcapping exists. I still fight these clowns some times 5v50, or 2v30, or 1v20 and don’t care about dying. It makes you a better fighter. They on the other hand learn nothing playing like that.

I patiently mark their names down on my kill on sight list and MOP those fools if they DARE set foot in Cyro in prime time.

• nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day I want to see a "worldwide one server" with china just so people can see what true PVP night caping hell would be.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fought a squishy emp (who was on a Necro tank oddly enough) a fool I kill all the time and was about to send her a complimentary whisper along the lines of “wow you’re getting a lil bit better!” We 1v1ed and I realized “Oh she can’t kill me; but, she ain’t dead yet like normal. Her nightcaping Zergling guild turned up and got me and I wasn’t even mad.

Then someone mentioned she was emp. So ok I set her a hate tell “ omg you’re TRASH!” Because she is. Oddly enough the fool was offended. So, I tbagged her the next two times I killed her.

Last night the fool, nightcapping with Avante Guard or some such AD Zergling guild got me a few times. Tbagged me and sent me a hate tell. I was shocked because the fool killed me exactly 2 times in a YEAR. So, o told the fool “you keep killing me you might catch up one of these days.”

Nightcapping exists. I still fight these clowns some times 5v50, or 2v30, or 1v20 and don’t care about dying. It makes you a better fighter. They on the other hand learn nothing playing like that.

I patiently mark their names down on my kill on sight list and MOP those fools if they DARE set foot in Cyro in prime time.

I'm on about the end result of the campaign really but I see what you are saying. In my opinion these fools should be allowed to get Emp etc but the scoring should definitely count slower during the night time.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

I'm on about the end result of the campaign really but I see what you are saying. In my opinion these fools should be allowed to get Emp etc but the scoring should definitely count slower during the night time.

The nightcapping’s been going on forever. It’s the same folks leading the same crappy Zergling guilds. Their faction loses the majority of the time.

Lil Zerglings I’ve mopped relentlessly over say a years time all are 5 stars and former emps running their own lil crappy guilds now. I tbag em all now and entreat, enjoin, BEG them to check their kill counters lol. If they catch ME slipping, running around a rock.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 5, 2019 12:59AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still stunned by the people who think their schedule is everyone's schedule. Every time.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The nightcapping’s been going on forever. It’s the same folks leading the same crappy Zergling guilds. Their faction loses the majority of the time.

Lil Zerglings I’ve mopped relentlessly over say a years time all are 5 stars and former emps running their own lil crappy guilds now. I tbag em all now and entreat, enjoin, BEG them to check their kill counters lol. If they catch ME slipping, running around a rock.

how old are you?
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above people will be playing throughout the day so I do not think it would be fair to disincentivize playing at certain hours. If anything the best solution would be for ZOS to fix the problems that plague Cyrodiil so that the campaigns will be more filed to the brim with players in every timezone who enjoy this aspect of the game, but that's wishful thinking atm.

Another possible solution would be for ZOS to change how the low population bonus works so that players in a low pop faction will be more inclined to get in on the action, but I'm not really sure how they could go about it to make it fair for both the high and low pop factions.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

how old are you?

What’s the name of the lil Zergling guild you’re in? A hit dog will holla hehehehe

-edited to ad “lil” to the phrase “ Zergling guild” hahaha
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 5, 2019 1:07AM
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Still stunned by the people who think their schedule is everyone's schedule. Every time.

There are peak hours for every server, and there are off-hours. In those off-hours, certain toxic groups have decided to try to exploit things in Cyrodiil. It's a problem that needs a solution, so don't be stunned that people are looking for them and providing ideas.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good example of how night-capping isn't really a conscious thing, I play in CST but have an odd sleep schedule because I play with Aussies in my guild, when it's like 5 PM or so for them it's 2 AM or so for me, and then people have like normal human stuff to do like get home from work, eat, do family stuff, ect ect ect. I sometimes don't get to pvp till like 4 AM and just because I play in a populated faction, it isn't fair to assume it's a grand conspiracy to swoop in while the map is dead, when you're just logging in to what would be Aussie prime-time.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good example of how night-capping isn't really a conscious thing, I play in CST but have an odd sleep schedule because I play with Aussies in my guild, when it's like 5 PM or so for them it's 2 AM or so for me, and then people have like normal human stuff to do like get home from work, eat, do family stuff, ect ect ect. I sometimes don't get to pvp till like 4 AM and just because I play in a populated faction, it isn't fair to assume it's a grand conspiracy to swoop in while the map is dead, when you're just logging in to what would be Aussie prime-time.

Great, there are players in there who are legitimate. but there are also in fact certain groups who consciously attempt to exploit the system. That's not debatable, it happens, and pretty much any serious PvP guild can tell you which guilds in their campaign on during the night are legitimate players and which are exploiters. This is an issue, it does happen, and in my earlier post on the thread I gave a specific example of one such extremely toxic case.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »

There are peak hours for every server, and there are off-hours. In those off-hours, certain toxic groups have decided to try to exploit things in Cyrodiil. It's a problem that needs a solution, so don't be stunned that people are looking for them and providing ideas.
    But it's not exploiting anything, it's just playing the game. Why is my favorite time window more valuable? If a group has time to play when there isn't enough resistance to make me happy that they "earned" it, then certain time periods should be less valuable? Makes zero sense.
    If you want real scoring based on real PvP, I agree, but simply tweaking the existing scoring mechanics to favor when I play? No.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so it would seem that

Pretty sure I never said anything against you swooping the map when there's no one there to defend but what I am saying is why should the scoring still be ticking and giving your faction thousands of points when the map is empty and there's no one to take the keeps back. I speak about what happens on the EU server of course.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

The world doesn't stop when the OP goes to bed. That's some next level entitlement right there ...
    unsure.gif

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »

But it's not exploiting anything, it's just playing the game. Why is my favorite time window more valuable? If a group has time to play when there isn't enough resistance to make me happy that they "earned" it, then certain time periods should be less valuable? Makes zero sense.
    If you want real scoring based on real PvP, I agree, but simply tweaking the existing scoring mechanics to favor when I play? No.

I presented an example earlier of a group that used the low night population as an excuse to harass the few players on from other alliances into submission with hate whispers and outright threats, counting on the off-hours to be able to get away with this and make their alliance cruise to a win. The lower population of off-hours is inherently more susceptible to this and other forms of abuse, so making this exploitation much less profitable is the key to disincentivizing it enough to severely limit the occurrences of it.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am guilty because I play on the EU server during the day from NA.
    And all my EU friends are guilty when they play on NA during their day.
    If only the earth was flat.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not sure how schedule comes into this all I'm suggesting is that the scoring needs reworked to stop toxic groups racking up thousands of points when people on other alliances aren't there to defend their keeps. You can still have your PvP and capture Emp and scrolls etc.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I am guilty because I play on the EU server during the day from NA.
    And all my EU friends are guilty when they play on NA during their day.
    If only the earth was flat.

I don't see how you are guilty just for playing the game lol. What I'm saying is the scoring system could use a rework but people are taking this thread too personally against their "schedule" so its hard to discuss anything constructive here really.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a friend who runs AD PcNA who told me (unasked) that there are people who set their ALARM clocks to get up and nightcap, trade emp etc. Couple weeks ago it was her “turn” to emp.

Say what you will, nightcapping is a thing. These same people are lined up, holding hands, looking all pretty, dead in a field ALL DAY LONG during prime time. Lol. For real.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 5, 2019 1:35AM