Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Low Population keep capturing (EU server)

• Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think that all Americans should be penalised for 'nightcapping'. I go to sleep in Australia, and wake to find that a bunch of Americans have literally 'nightcapped' everything while we were asleep.
    #teachtimezonesinAmericanschools.

Exactly my point about this being a global game. It is rather selfish to try to restrict and limit players just because they do not play when you do.

I am pretty sure that no matter how many threads of this subject are created Zos has enough sense to not send a message to half the world their money is not wanted.

Where was it suggested to restrict anyone? The suggestion is to overhaul the scoring system not sure how exactly you’re being restricted.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    <SNIP>

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign. Thoughts?

EDIT: this is a thread to suggest ideas on changing how the scoring works and I'm not suggesting people should be punished for playing at certain times because obviously due to different time zones some people can only play during these times.

Punishment. That is exactly what you are suggesting.

Why should it benefit you? Why not reduce the points accrued during USA-peak times instead. Maybe that will encourage players to play outside USA-Peak-times, reducing PvP server lag and spreading balance to where it's needed?

See how it feels when you get discriminated against simply becasue of where you live.

Lol what exactly are you being punished for? And how are you being discriminated? Please explain cos I’m a bit confused about your reasoning.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Honestly, if you can't hold the campaign at night, you don't have any right to complain.

You have people in your own faction that play at that time and they suck at defending the map. Deal with it.

Edit: I should add that I agree with the scoring being changed. I don't think low pop factions should get any bonus at all. The scoring should be the same flat rate 24/7. It's the only fair way to do it.

Right so I’m supposed to hold the campaign with a few people against zergs of 30+ people? This is what happens on the EU server every night. Your logic is just too sound wow.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

It’s amazing that this had to be stated. OP, the sun does not rise and set on North America. What you call “night capping” is our Aussie/Oceanic friends playing the game. It would be utterly unfair (not to mention disrespectful) to them if their efforts were not valued as highly as ours.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.

It’s literally happening on the EU PS4 server... EP holds EVERY single keep overnight. There’s barely anyone on DC and AD to defend. That’s nightcapping. It exists.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

True, but how come there's only one faction doing all the capping overnight(us time), while the other factions have 5 players on at most.

Idc, i haven't been to Cyrodiil in months. Saying there's no night capping though, bs...

You may want to read what you quoted one more time.

What they said is it is always daytime somewhere in the world that is reasonable to expect MMORPG players to reside. So when it is nighttime for the grand ole USA those in AUS that are playing in Cyrodiil and turning the map are playing during their day time.

Another way to put is what OP calls night capping is normal day time for a great many in this global game of things. So they are correct.

Edit: it is also to be expected that you might find some guilds that are AUS/NZ and other similar times time zones just might play together which would explain why one faction benefits. Elementary,my dear Watson.

Again, why is only one faction doing it?

There's also the simple fact that most of them are americans, a few of them even stream. So...

If you actually what you quoted there is a suggestion provided. Beyond that, if you do not provide context as to why you ask such a question multiple I will just consider it an inane question in an attempt to try to start a pointless argument.
    Options
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the solution is for the other alliances to play also, rather than whinging about foreigners and people who are more dedicated to winning....
    asterix.png?ssl=1
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that all Americans should be penalised for 'nightcapping'. I go to sleep in Australia, and wake to find that a bunch of Americans have literally 'nightcapped' everything while we were asleep.
    #teachtimezonesinAmericanschools.

Exactly my point about this being a global game. It is rather selfish to try to restrict and limit players just because they do not play when you do.

I am pretty sure that no matter how many threads of this subject are created Zos has enough sense to not send a message to half the world their money is not wanted.

Where was it suggested to restrict anyone? The suggestion is to overhaul the scoring system not sure how exactly you’re being restricted.

Your statement here is out of context with your OP of this thread.

Your very first sentence, once that sets a tone for the entire OP, is that you think it is unfair that the efforts of players count towards the score if you have already called it a night.
    Its completely unfair that the game continues to count score in the late hours because what ends up happening is one alliance Night Caps the whole map, gets Emp and possibly scrolls as well completely undermining the effort of the other 2 alliances during the day. Then they accumulate thousands of points during the night which ruins the end result of the campaign.

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign. Thoughts

I am not taking your words out of context. You specifically suggest that an option is to pause scoring during the hours it is not convenient for you to play. At worse (or at best for those that do not keep the same hours as you) their efforts will be worth less because they cannot play when you can.

I am not taking anything out of context. I do not think Zos wants to tell me I do not count as much as you or that my game play (and continued subscription) is worth less than yours.

The very simple fact is this is a 24 hour game with players on all servers from across the globe. That means there are people playing this game constantly and have every right to play Cyrodiil to the fullest. Sad you want to restrict them.
    Options
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <SNIP>

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign. Thoughts?

EDIT: this is a thread to suggest ideas on changing how the scoring works and I'm not suggesting people should be punished for playing at certain times because obviously due to different time zones some people can only play during these times.

Why should it benefit you? Why not reduce the points accrued during USA-peak times instead. Maybe that will encourage players to play outside USA-Peak-times, reducing PvP server lag and spreading balance to where it's needed?

See how it feels when you get discriminated against simply becasue of where you live.

Lol what exactly are you being punished for? And how are you being discriminated? Please explain cos I’m a bit confused about your reasoning.

It's simple. Because I live in a different time-zone that is not the OP's then I should be awarded less achievement opportunity than them.

It's not my fault more people play at a certain time of day, but the OP suggests I should get less opportunity becasue of it..
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <SNIP>

It's simple. Because I live in a different time-zone that is not the OP's then I should be awarded less achievement opportunity than them.

It's not my fault more people play at a certain time of day, but the OP suggests I should get less opportunity becasue of it..

This is what I have been trying to point out. OP wants players to count less (or not at all) if they do not play during the same times they do. Sorry Mr Garlic but they think you are less important.
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its so simple

just make player kills count a lot more towards campaign score > the lower the population the less points potential so night capping to win gets negated :)

This could have and should have been implemented a long time ago - its just common sense, solves a huge exploit issue and is easy to change!

(sound of penny dropping over at ZoS ? ) :):):)
    Edited by Rowjoh on July 5, 2019 7:37AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    its so simple

just make player kills count a lot more towards campaign score > the lower the population the less points potential so night capping to win gets negated :)

This should have been implemented a long time ago - its just common sense and easy to change.

(sound of penny dropping over at ZoS ? ) :):):)

This would do more to punish those that do not go into the high population campaigns for various reasons such as wanting to go to the non-CP or they like low pop for less lag. It would actually harm those playesrs that play in prime time.

(sound of penny dropping over at Rowjoh's)
    Options
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RvR does not work as a competitive game mode in any meaningful sense, all it is good for is providing low quality / super casual "PvP" for PvE players.

It does not work in terms of "winning" the game mode, because of population imbalances / coverage differences and the tedious "gameplay" that it entails - "PvDoor".

Nor does it work in terms of fights other than for PvE players who think zerging about is "PvP" or that 1vX'ing players in zerg builds, who have played a tenth of the time, are 65 years old, etc is what is laughably termed by the PvE heroes as "skilled" PvP.

RvR fails for that same reason (not competitive) in every game that tries it, and basically is only really worth playing if you are an actual PvP player (of which no one still playing really is) during the first year, maybe 2, when these games still have enough hardcore players to create some sort of competitive play.

So you can either carry on playing Cyrodil, but not take any of it even remotely seriously and accept it is just for screwing around. Or go play an actual PvP game (MOBA, Shooter, Fighting game, RTS, card game, etc) which are entirely focused around that and where it is in the interest of the developer that the PvP is a functioning game mode, not a joke.

Or of course you can continue taking it seriously and complaining about something that is never going to change.
    Edited by Sylosi on July 5, 2019 7:58AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting to see the people who advocate that this isn't a problem also seems to be the ones that are pro faction lock (imagine my shock).

If people would care about a campaign being "healthy" they wouldn't be against a dynamic score system where you gain less points the fewer people are online on given campaign. Primetime (aka when most people are online) actions should have significantly more impact on the outcome of a campaign than some few nightrats who thinks PvDoor is actual PvP.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Very interesting to see the people who advocate that this isn't a problem also seems to be the ones that are pro faction lock (imagine my shock).

If people would care about a campaign being "healthy" they wouldn't be against a dynamic score system where you gain less points the fewer people are online on given campaign. Primetime (aka when most people are online) actions should have significantly more impact on the outcome of a campaign than some few nightrats who thinks PvDoor is actual PvP.

I question the accuracy of this statement. I for one am not pro faction lock and I see what OP is suggestion as a very bad idea for the game.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    RvR does not work as a competitive game mode in any meaningful sense, all it is good for is providing low quality / super casual "PvP" for PvE players.

It does not work in terms of "winning" the game mode, because of population imbalances / coverage differences and the tedious "gameplay" that it entails - "PvDoor".

Nor does it work in terms of fights other than for PvE players who think zerging about is "PvP" or that 1vX'ing players in zerg builds, who have played a tenth of the time, are 65 years old, etc is what is laughably termed by the PvE heroes as "skilled" PvP.

RvR fails for that same reason (not competitive) in every game that tries it, and basically is only really worth playing if you are an actual PvP player (of which no one still playing really is) during the first year, maybe 2, when these games still have enough hardcore players to create some sort of competitive play.

So you can either carry on playing Cyrodil, but not take any of it even remotely seriously and accept it is just for screwing around. Or go play an actual PvP game (MOBA, Shooter, Fighting game, RTS, card game, etc) which are entirely focused around that and where it is in the interest of the developer that the PvP is a functioning game mode, not a joke.

Or of course you can continue taking it seriously and complaining about something that is never going to change.

This is very accurate, pretty much across the boards. The design of it is really just for fun and I am not even saying that in the context that this is a game.
    Options
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    So do people understand how time zones work?....... I wonder if the OP is in EST, CST or PST? maybe we should penalize the time zones that he isn't in because well, its not prime time in the other zones.

Just sillyness!
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Let's close war during the night*

Another delusional thread...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The term "night-capping" shouldn't be taken literally, because it doesn't describe the problem very well, as many have pointed out already.
    The issue isn't players playing at "night" (that might as well be day for them), it is the lack of balancing mechanics/incentives at low population times, which leads to players stacking on the same side. At prime time population caps prevent this from happening (at least on the active campaigns), but once population drops significantly below the cap, there is nothing that prevents huge population disparities from occuring and as a result many players go for the way of the least resistance.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not actually sure if this is worth discussing since things seem to be different on other servers from what I’ve read on here. On the PS4 EU server EP has been holding the map during the low population hours and during this time there are almost no AD or DC to defend or capture keeps so as a result EP basically ends up racking up an insane amount of points which results in a campaign win due to there being no AD or DC online.
    Options
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    This is why Adolf H lost WW2
    Edited by Appo on July 5, 2019 9:47AM
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst it might be true in the USA, that there is a much wider timespan of 'prime-time', in the EU primetime is a very specific time, as timezones are not so far apart.

Obviously we can not lock people out of playing at the times they wish, but we absolutely should expect for points gained in that time to be limited in some way.
    The fairest suggestion I would have is to make points scoring (Not AP) scale off the number of people playing in each faction.
    Personally I see no fun in PVDooring a map, but obviously some people do. Their efforts should not be rewarded. It's PVP, not PVE.
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, you absolutely should be locked into a regional server.
    Playing EU form the USA or vice-versa is impacting on each servers off-peak.
    Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Appo wrote: »
    This is why Adolf H lost WW2

He had a point though, it was pretty grubby the way Russia nightcapped Poland. Russians just after easy AP.
    Options
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you should play skyrim

my sweet summer child...
    Options
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever thought about the european server? You need like 10 people on 4am and you can take the whole map without a lot of resistance. You score the same points on a map with a total of 20 players than on a map with 400. Now tell me how this is balanced.
    This might not be a problem on NA servers, but it is a huge one on EU.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True, but how come there's only one faction doing all the capping overnight(us time), while the other factions have 5 players on at most.

Idc, i haven't been to Cyrodiil in months. Saying there's no night capping though, bs...

You may want to read what you quoted one more time.

What they said is it is always daytime somewhere in the world that is reasonable to expect MMORPG players to reside. So when it is nighttime for the grand ole USA those in AUS that are playing in Cyrodiil and turning the map are playing during their day time.

Another way to put is what OP calls night capping is normal day time for a great many in this global game of things. So they are correct.

Edit: it is also to be expected that you might find some guilds that are AUS/NZ and other similar times time zones just might play together which would explain why one faction benefits. Elementary,my dear Watson.

Again, why is only one faction doing it?

There's also the simple fact that most of them are americans, a few of them even stream. So...

If you actually what you quoted there is a suggestion provided. Beyond that, if you do not provide context as to why you ask such a question multiple I will just consider it an inane question in an attempt to try to start a pointless argument.

The suggested answer was countered by fact that nightappers are in a majority americans, you can see them streaming on twitch. Yet again, if the population was as global as you claim(NA servers, vast majority of players are from NA), then why are all the overnight players EP. Wouldn't there be people playing on the other factions as well? Well there aren't, otherwise the map wouldn't be red every morning.

[Edit to remove flaming]

Edited by [Deleted User] on July 5, 2019 6:52PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are some actual facts about PS4 EU:

EP won the first ever faction-locked campaign. The campaign probably has never been tighter. Other alliances gave up about 6-7 days before the end. Before that the maximum amount of points separating 1st and 2nd almost never exceeded 4k. And we all know 4k points isn't that much. During those 25 days, I didn't see the usual 3 vs 1 bars nor did I see the usual faction hoppers.

In the past 2 years I've played PVP, EP has won 3-4 campaigns. That's 3-4 campaigns out of 24. In that time EP has never won 2 successive campaigns. The first 12 months I played, DC zerged for months straight and AD was a complete joke (always 3rd).

About a year ago something changed and AD got a lot of players and started winning campaigns. So they went on to win several campaigns. In the past 6 months, AD has won 4 of them. Last time EP won was when we had the PVP event and all the bars were full for all the alliances (3-4 months ago).

So, during all of those won campaigns, the one alliance controlling the night cap, won the campaign. So if AD won the campaign, it was because they night capped.

My question is: you obviously didn't have ANY problem with AD/DC night capping and zerging for months but now that EP won (and the factions were locked so one couldn't hop the glory train), the night capping must come to an end? Is it because EP won why you're riled up? Had AD won, would've you demanded night capping to stop/tweaked? I seriously doubt it.

SOUR GRAPES.

Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone who says ESO is a global game:
    You are 100% right. Its just funny that during off hours 80-90% of the players on any given campaign are on 1 alliance.
    And different factions do this on different campaigns xD.
    The lenghts some ppl go to avoid having to fight actual players is kinda baffling.
    Options
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time zones...
    Options