Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Low Population keep capturing (EU server)

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Nightcapping has gone on forever" - No reason for it too stay
    "It's a global game" - No, I play on EU servers. not global servers, So we do have down time.
    "Always been nightcapping" - Just because it's always been does not mean it's not time for a change.
    "When it's day for you it's night for someone else" - again, I play on EU. not Global.
    "Why care that a small grp comes on too nightcap?" - 20-40 man grps are small grps, Ait! when defenders have 5-10 top.

Make it so that offhours only count for half the score.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I believe it’s a bit unfair that the game continues to count score at the same rate in the low population hours on the EU server because what ends up happening is one alliance Night Caps the whole map, gets Emp and possibly scrolls as well completely undermining the effort of the other 2 alliances during the day. Then they accumulate thousands of points during the hours where there’s no people on from the other 2 alliances which ruins the end result of the campaign.

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign (low population hours). Thoughts?

EDIT: this is a thread to suggest ideas on changing how the scoring works and I'm not suggesting people should be punished for playing at certain times because obviously due to different time zones some people can only play during these times. Please comment your suggestions.

With only 2 servers worldwide, both are populated more or less at any time of day from people of the whole world.
    You penalize everyone with that idea. Europeans & Africans playing on the NA server. Russians from 10 different time zones, everyone from Asia & Oceania on both servers, and everyone from the American Continent playing on EU server.

My intention is not to penalize anyone at all I just gave my opinion on a possible solution but if you have a better idea please comment it.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    "It's a global game" - No, I play on EU servers. not global servers, So we do have down time.
    "Always been nightcapping" - Just because it's always been does not mean it's not time for a change.
    "When it's day for you it's night for someone else" - again, I play on EU. not Global.
    "Why care that a small grp comes on too nightcap?" - 20-40 man grps are small grps, Ait! when defenders have 5-10 top.

on EU server there are from American Continent, in the morning I have met in Cyrodiil dozens, Indians, Chinese and mostly Aussies. Let alone Russians, who are online all day (over 10 timezones).

Why you want to penalize people? EU is "Global" server as NA is "Global" server. Or you penalize people because they are on different timezones? That last time I checked this called racism
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on July 5, 2019 6:49PM
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

You've summed it up perfectly!
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it’s a bit unfair that the game continues to count score at the same rate in the low population hours on the EU server because what ends up happening is one alliance Night Caps the whole map, gets Emp and possibly scrolls as well completely undermining the effort of the other 2 alliances during the day. Then they accumulate thousands of points during the hours where there’s no people on from the other 2 alliances which ruins the end result of the campaign.

My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign (low population hours). Thoughts?

EDIT: this is a thread to suggest ideas on changing how the scoring works and I'm not suggesting people should be punished for playing at certain times because obviously due to different time zones some people can only play during these times. Please comment your suggestions.

With only 2 servers worldwide, both are populated more or less at any time of day from people of the whole world.
    You penalize everyone with that idea. Europeans & Africans playing on the NA server. Russians from 10 different time zones, everyone from Asia & Oceania on both servers, and everyone from the American Continent playing on EU server.

My intention is not to penalize anyone at all I just gave my opinion on a possible solution but if you have a better idea please comment it.

But you ask for reducing the score. That's a penalty, and you penalize people on different time zones because you are asleep/school/work.

EVE Online who has 1 single server for the whole world (minus China), never ever run on this problem. And there were operations 24h, taking systems and whole constellations. And there is not just 1 cyrodill keep, you can take in the evening. You might never get it back. EVER. Your hole alliance & corporation (guild) could be dissolved because of that
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    There is no “night-capping”, ESO is a global game. Just because it’s night in the US, doesn’t mean the rest of the world stops.

True, but how come there's only one faction doing all the capping overnight(us time), while the other factions have 5 players on at most.

Idc, i haven't been to Cyrodiil in months. Saying there's no night capping though, bs...

You may want to read what you quoted one more time.

What they said is it is always daytime somewhere in the world that is reasonable to expect MMORPG players to reside. So when it is nighttime for the grand ole USA those in AUS that are playing in Cyrodiil and turning the map are playing during their day time.

Another way to put is what OP calls night capping is normal day time for a great many in this global game of things. So they are correct.

Edit: it is also to be expected that you might find some guilds that are AUS/NZ and other similar times time zones just might play together which would explain why one faction benefits. Elementary,my dear Watson.

Again, why is only one faction doing it?

There's also the simple fact that most of them are americans, a few of them even stream. So...

If you actually what you quoted there is a suggestion provided. Beyond that, if you do not provide context as to why you ask such a question multiple I will just consider it an inane question in an attempt to try to start a pointless argument.

The suggested answer was countered by fact that nightappers are in a majority americans, you can see them streaming on twitch. Yet again, if the population was as global as you claim(NA servers, vast majority of players are from NA), then why are all the overnight players EP. Wouldn't there be people playing on the other factions as well? Well there aren't, otherwise the map wouldn't be red every morning.

[Edit to remove flaming]

I do think it matters where they are from. It seems rather irrelevant since Cyrodiil, and the entire ESO server is a 24 hour a day game. People work all different hours.

You speak of NA servers. Just on the mainland NA there are 7 different times zones from Newfoundland to Alaska encompassing a difference of 6 1/2 hours. That does not even get into some people are up later than others and some people work/school different shifts.

I do not think anyone can answer why the bulk of late night players are EP other than speculation. Being we know have faction locks on most campaigns we cannot blame it on faction swapping like people used to. The rest of your questions seem even more speculative and I really fail to see a point to speak to speculation and hypotheticals.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »
    FFS. Once again someone makes a post about very real issue that for years have rendered pvp boring and frustrating for many players. And how does this brilliant forum-community respond? By once again going through same old stupid time-zone conversation. Like, how many times do you need to mention that we have time-zones? I know about time-zones, so does opening poster and probably everyone else here too, this game is for adults afterall for gods sake.

Wow, What as fabulous argument that is telling players you do not matter because you do not play when I do.

I suggest they read this post from this thread as it explains how pointless the idea is. It is really well thought out.

Literally no one has told you that you don’t matter. Stop making up childish excuses just to stir up drama.

You have suggested as much. I have quoted here a sentence you chose to stand out from the rest. It suggest as much as players that play during times that are not prime time for where you live will not be able to contribute or benefit from playing in Cyrodiil or have a reduced benefit.
    My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign (low population hours).

Maybe you can shed light on a different interpretation of your suggestion because that is exactly how it reads as stated by you. Nothing childish about it because the idea you put forth is bad business.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFS. Once again someone makes a post about very real issue that for years have rendered pvp boring and frustrating for many players. And how does this brilliant forum-community respond? By once again going through same old stupid time-zone conversation. Like, how many times do you need to mention that we have time-zones? I know about time-zones, so does opening poster and probably everyone else here too, this game is for adults afterall for gods sake.

Wow, What as fabulous argument that is telling players you do not matter because you do not play when I do.

I suggest they read this post from this thread as it explains how pointless the idea is. It is really well thought out.

Literally no one has told you that you don’t matter. Stop making up childish excuses just to stir up drama.

You have suggested as much. I have quoted here a sentence you chose to stand out from the rest. It suggest as much as players that play during times that are not prime time for where you live will not be able to contribute or benefit from playing in Cyrodiil or have a reduced benefit.
    My suggestion is to pause or reduce how many points can be earned during certain hours in the Campaign (low population hours).

Maybe you can shed light on a different interpretation of your suggestion because that is exactly how it reads as stated by you. Nothing childish about it because the idea you put forth is bad business.

I've given up trying to convince people like you so all I can do is suggest for you to jump onto PS4 EU server during downtime to see it for yourself. Like I've said before I can't comment on other servers because I don't pay them.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've given up trying to convince people like you so all I can do is suggest for you to jump onto PS4 EU server during downtime to see it for yourself. Like I've said before I can't comment on other servers because I don't pay them.

Nothing you have said can be convincing that it is a good idea. What you call night capping probably happens on all servers, but it is because many of us play at different times for various reasons and all of us should count the same and not be limited one way or another.

Considering Cyrodiil, and any similar large faction vs faction environment, is not designed to be truly competitive. There is and always will be an imbalance. It has been this way since day one, well before the game launched on consoles.

If you are looking for PvP designed to have a chance at being competitive then BGs are probably a better bet.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS won't do this, a lot of people play Cyro off-peak hours because performance in peak hours is unbearable for them. If AP/point reduction will be applied those people will shift to "full AP" times and Cyro performance will be even worse.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS won't do this, a lot of people play Cyro off-peak hours because performance in peak hours is unbearable for them. If AP/point reduction will be applied those people will shift to "full AP" times and Cyro performance will be even worse.

Another good point.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course they won't do it. That doesn't mean people shouldn't raise their concerns. And yes performance is by far the biggest problem in the game right now.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow during off peak times, 90% of the players stack on 1 faction.
    How can i tell its off peak?
    1bar on 2 alliances,2 bar on the pvdoor alliance.
    Also server performance isnt completely crap.
    Other mmos have done time gated sieges pvp events etc before, but we are not asking for that.
    But maybe if 20-30 ppl playing when the rest of the players are sleeping or at work/school shouldnt determine who wins a campaign that over its 30 day period houses hundreds of players.
    Sad part about pvdoor is that these players have given up on actual pvp, and rather fight mindless npcs that actual enemies
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    I've said it before just lockout the point gains for specific periods and favour the majority.

Point gains for factions unlock 12:00 Midday and then Lock them at 12:00 Midnight.

If you can only play during the lock out time then sorry but tough but at least you can still get AP, the majority will play between between those times and we should never cater to the minority in this instance because its that reluctance that allows for nightcaps to begin with.

Then as a bonus to encourage even more play while the points are unlocked make the campaign rewards much better, add legendary and epic crafting material bags etc at end of campaign rewards things like that give PvPers incentive to actually play and try hard to get good stuff from the game. Hell add a voucher system earned from end of campaign if they're the top 2.5% enough vouchers to get a single legendary gear available of their choice PvE or PvP sets (excluding trial sets), anything behind that would need another campaign or longer before they can pick and choose depending on how efficiently they play and how much they play. Maximum Effort. Maximum Reward. Just do something to grant more rewards for it.

It isn't that hard.

So if I’m play from 1800 to 0400 - US Mountain, I’m expected to lose 40% of my AP? Even if I’m one of the few defending?

No. You change your schedule.

You didnt read anything I said, I said POINTS. CAMPAIGN POINTS. Not AP.

And I quote: "You can still get AP"

I.e you would get AP but not faction points on the leaderboard, you would still get AP for the leaderboard position reward at the end of the 30 day campaign.

L2R.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on July 5, 2019 9:37PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is battlegrounds pvdoor is cyrodiil, by design

Why is that hard to understand?

Can you find player fights in cyrodiil? Sure. Is it the focus? No.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they won't do it. That doesn't mean people shouldn't raise their concerns. And yes performance is by far the biggest problem in the game right now.

No one is suggesting you should not express your opinion. We have only expressed why it is a bad idea and the various reasons.
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is suggesting you should not express your opinion. We have only expressed why it is a bad idea and the various reasons.

It doesn't bother me whether you think my idea is good or bad, that's your opinion. Like I said before come to the EU PS4 server and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. Until then there isn't really much left to discuss about this topic.
    Options
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

You didnt read anything I said, I said POINTS. CAMPAIGN POINTS. Not AP.

And I quote: "You can still get AP"

I.e you would get AP but not faction points on the leaderboard, you would still get AP for the leaderboard position reward at the end of the 30 day campaign.

L2R.

And that is wrong, you are penalising someone who plays at a different time than the 'majority'. The problem is the scoring, and as I previously said they will never change how that works due to the time/cost involved.
    Options
  • Wabu
    Wabu
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me whether you think my idea is good or bad, that's your opinion. Like I said before come to the EU PS4 server and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. Until then there isn't really much left to discuss about this topic.
    Would you have made this post if your faction controlled the map before you went to sleep and the next morning you wake up the map remained the same, because of a "sleep lock". Hypothetically, I am sure another player would have something to post about "sleep locking" cyrodiil. You probably would be feeling alright after seeing your alliance score go up while you were resting. And in the morning viewing an identical map to one before you went to bed, you would feel just like a night & morning cap player combined. Too bad the mmo world does not sleep when you sleep. :D
    Edited by Wabu on July 6, 2019 4:17AM
    EU PC | CP 1,000+
    NA PC | Level 10
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wabu wrote: »
    Would you have made this post if your faction controlled the map before you went to sleep and the next morning you wake up the map remained the same, because of a "sleep lock". Hypothetically, I am sure another player would have something to post about "sleep locking" cyrodiil. You probably would be feeling alright after seeing your alliance score go up while you were resting. And in the morning viewing an identical map to one before you went to bed, you would feel just like a night & morning cap player combined. Too bad the mmo world does not sleep when you sleep. :D

On my server there are downtime’s where the place is almost empty. Your comment about the MMO world not sleeping literally couldn’t be more wrong. But I feel like a broken record trying to explain this to you people so try reading some of the previous posts for more insight.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On my server there are downtime’s where the place is almost empty. Your comment about the MMO world not sleeping literally couldn’t be more wrong. But I feel like a broken record trying to explain this to you people so try reading some of the previous posts for more insight.

You are new to this game, joined less than a month ago, so you do not understand still that there are 2 GLOBAL servers per platform. 2. There are no 2000+ like on WoW, split between regions and timezones.
    On those 2 servers log players from all the world to play 24/7. (minus downtimes due to maintenance).

You cannot ask for penalizing others because they live in India, Australia, China, Brazil, Argentina or Russian Vladivostok and play on the EU server.
    Because with your own argument, they could demand YOU should be penalized because you do not play on their prime time.

What you do not understand?
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are new to this game, joined less than a month ago, so you do not understand still that there are 2 GLOBAL servers per platform. 2. There are no 2000+ like on WoW, split between regions and timezones.
    On those 2 servers log players from all the world to play 24/7. (minus downtimes due to maintenance).

You cannot ask for penalizing others because they live in India, Australia, China, Brazil, Argentina or Russian Vladivostok and play on the EU server.
    Because with your own argument, they could demand YOU should be penalized because you do not play on their prime time.

Please don’t talk to me about your GLOBAL servers because my server is nearly empty at night so I think I would know what I’m talking about in that regard. I’ve been playing the game since day 1 launch on the PS4 I’m just new to the forums. I’m not sure how many times I have to explain to you that there are downtime’s on the EU server. Also no one even asked for anyone to be penalised because of where they live so get that idea out of your head.
    Options
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, stop being stupid, the minority of people that are playing at night are not from other timezones.
    They're just here to woodcap like good pugs and avoid the fight because they would die otherwise.

Actually on EP side there are guild that only logon after prime time, not to avoid lags, but to avoid the fight against other guilds, just to farm the score and APs and capturing scolls, keeps, ressources while there are no defenders.

"DC is defending? Ok well let's go to AD" "Oh they came to AD? Go back to DC" "run until they log off"

That's how is pvp during the night.
    faster guys kill kill
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don’t talk to me about your GLOBAL servers because my server is nearly empty at night so I think I would know what I’m talking about in that regard. I’ve been playing the game since day 1 launch on the PS4 I’m just new to the forums. I’m not sure how many times I have to explain to you that there are downtime’s on the EU server. Also no one even asked for anyone to be penalised because of where they live so get that idea out of your head.

They cannot put a different ruleset on PS EU compared to the other servers, that idea you need to get out of your head.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when the maps used to move around at night? Faction locking stopped that. It was a good idea, no?

Apart from that it's the internet, there's a whole world out there, with many timezones, but I would be happy to review any draft of any correspondence you are going to send to zos asking them to pause the game while you are offline.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe points should be increased/decreased based on:
    1) # of players online
    And
    2) balance between # of players on each faction.

Good idea thank you for not commenting about how the sun rises and sets like half of the delusional people in here 😀

People who think the sun rises and sets are delusional?
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    "Mimimimim - your prime time is not everyones prime time"

Why do players who play during off-hours not spread even between the population?
    Should a overpopulated alliance have it really so easy to win? (even if they just are heavy overpopulated during a time period)
    Do you actually want to pvp or just want an easy win?

Because, as I have stated previously, it's not that there's necessarily a conscious decision to "overweight" one campaign with, say, red, during off hours, it's just a natural population imbalance, and generally any imbalance creates instability, in this case it's likely people who play off peak will switch to the faction that won last time.

Faction locking has exacerbated this issue.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the best way to lower the impact of low population times without punishing anyone is to add score for kills. This would automatically result in less score generated the less players are playing and the score system would finally reward actual PvP instead of mainly rewarding PvE/PvDoor.
    Options