The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worst pvp meta yet

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab if you feel like it works you'll play it; and by the same token when your opponent feels like something is working against them it needs to be nerfed
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into BGs.

First mobility is the true king here.
    CP unbalancingly favors mitigation (all CP problems aren't in BGs)
    The proc meta is Over
    We do have Pets - this cannot be avoided
    Bleeds not nearly as bad after the update
    No bash spam here, occasional bashes but nothing compared to Cyrodiil

Tanks can exist but not like what was running around before

I agree with you.

Mobility > everything else in none CP PvP when it comes to survival. Defense can help. But it won't save you against good players. Mobility can.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 30, 2019 10:18PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Go into BGs.

First mobility is the true king here.
    CP unbalancingly favors mitigation (all CP problems aren't in BGs)
    The proc meta is Over
    We do have Pets - this cannot be avoided
    Bleeds not nearly as bad after the update
    No bash spam here, occasional bashes but nothing compared to Cyrodiil

Tanks can exist but not like what was running around before

I agree with you.

Mobility > everything else in none CP PvP when it comes to survival. Defense can help. But it won't save you against good players. Mobility can.

In out numbered situations in cp- mobility is still king. While you must have tankiness to survive- you likely can’t kill them unless you kite and get them singled/spread out.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    BG and no cp

small scale maybe in no cp also hard to find , maybe zos fix those ball groups
    Ball group is not pvp zos , they use your tools to Stun/Fear/Immobilize with no chance to counter to get mass free kills ap gold ranks - free!
    They ruin every good battle
    They takes scrolls just for all to stop ignore them and chace them , no interest in scroll at all.

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My orc necro has 40k hp, resists set high stamina and able to spam reflects with his one hand and shielcd, also thanks to spirit tender and bone armor my other stuff at recovery isn't to bads. Thank the gods for good food in this game, yum yum and green pact set makes hhealth recovery even better Also worked in heroic striket so I can get spelled ward upfaster

Also currently throw in blessed set for skill spaammers even though it got nerf, when it work it works lol ...nothing beasts this stuff on a good day, save for a whole team that will sometimes chase me around for a little bit.|

But has for a vampire whip out your fighter skills and flame skills and slowly work it down and if your in area with deadly terrian silver leash them to death with you, normally throws those type of players off

Just my random thoughts on the matter, but every build general has a critical weakness
    Edited by RedTalon on July 1, 2019 8:20AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Johnnny wrote: »
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.

You mean people who want to win play the things that are meta and better in the current patches? facinating.

And no, this isn't even close to the worst meta this game has saw. yes, pets are annoying, but, aside from that, you can actually fight and fightback whithout being burst by viper, shieldbreaker and a lot of *** the guy didn't even knew he used. We can always get a better meta, but this one is far from the worse.

Shifting meta is one thing, the best players adapt. That is not what I'm talking about. For instance let's take necro bash.

it's an unintended consequence of stam necro and sword and board that allows that to overperform. It's over tuned, everyone that uses it knows that, everyone that dies to it knows that. It's broken.

There is something like that. Every. Single. Patch.

In which the same people magically find those broken things and use them to as you say "win".

Look if you are one of the people I am speaking about, there is nothing I can do to convince you what you are doing is unhealthy for everyone else and the game at whole.

If you are not one of those people, then you should know who I am speaking about and not try to argue something I didn't say.

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Only bash necromancers think that :)

Not once. Same reason why I’m not out cheesing on Pet Sorc. Ez mode bs is unfun in this game.

But it was intended. It was mentioned during the pts how overloaded this ulti was and it went unchanged. Intended. 100%

Just like when sloads dropped and everyone knew it was cheese day 1... still took 3 months to get a nerf. Zos loves them some cheesy stuff. It drags in casuals that only enjoy broken sets and skills.

Funny enough they made this one so OP they are gonna change it before the next patch... a first?

Considering they are changing the bash ultimate next week (in an incremental patch no less), obviously it wasn't intended. If if was, they wouldn't have to change it...

So what’s the the verdict? Scales with max resource, 500wd/sd bash. Larger range. Increased cost...

7-9k bash per .5 sec might be gone but I’m imagining 4-6k still possible.

Maybe more depending on max stat? 50k max mag toons might have the advantage now?

Anyone tested?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is so tanky and healing is very strong.

Blame ZOS for nerfing mag heals, but continuously ignoring:

1. Vigor

2. Rally

3. All the %HP heals in the game that require little to no investment to be used effectively (literally no trade-offs to these skills, esp. in heavy with tri-stat)

4. Not making negate cancel healing period. Apparently you can still heal a target in negate if you're on the edge or outside of it, stam heals still work in it. IMO they should not since they are or have greater strength than most mag heals on live.

5. Leaving healing bonus on heavy instead of putting it on light armor as healing done

6. Bug I cannot say on the forums because it will spread and make the game worse ...

7. CP

8. Sets that give massive weapon/spell damage effectively permanently.

9. The methods that allow heals to even matter or be taken in the first place: defensive major buffs
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnnny wrote: »
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.

You mean people who want to win play the things that are meta and better in the current patches? facinating.

And no, this isn't even close to the worst meta this game has saw. yes, pets are annoying, but, aside from that, you can actually fight and fightback whithout being burst by viper, shieldbreaker and a lot of *** the guy didn't even knew he used. We can always get a better meta, but this one is far from the worse.

Shifting meta is one thing, the best players adapt. That is not what I'm talking about. For instance let's take necro bash.

it's an unintended consequence of stam necro and sword and board that allows that to overperform. It's over tuned, everyone that uses it knows that, everyone that dies to it knows that. It's broken.

There is something like that. Every. Single. Patch.

In which the same people magically find those broken things and use them to as you say "win".

Look if you are one of the people I am speaking about, there is nothing I can do to convince you what you are doing is unhealthy for everyone else and the game at whole.

If you are not one of those people, then you should know who I am speaking about and not try to argue something I didn't say.

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Only bash necromancers think that :)

Not once. Same reason why I’m not out cheesing on Pet Sorc. Ez mode bs is unfun in this game.

But it was intended. It was mentioned during the pts how overloaded this ulti was and it went unchanged. Intended. 100%

Just like when sloads dropped and everyone knew it was cheese day 1... still took 3 months to get a nerf. Zos loves them some cheesy stuff. It drags in casuals that only enjoy broken sets and skills.

Funny enough they made this one so OP they are gonna change it before the next patch... a first?

Considering they are changing the bash ultimate next week (in an incremental patch no less), obviously it wasn't intended. If if was, they wouldn't have to change it...

So what’s the the verdict? Scales with max resource, 500wd/sd bash. Larger range. Increased cost...

7-9k bash per .5 sec might be gone but I’m imagining 4-6k still possible.

Maybe more depending on max stat? 50k max mag toons might have the advantage now?

Anyone tested?

You just don’t have the Stamina as a Magcro to make use of the new bash effectively.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -