The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worst pvp meta yet

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t see tankiness as broken, bashing Necro ultimate yes, but not tankiness.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.
    The whole "play as you want" is a neat idea, but can never ever work for MMO games. Another game that did this is Champions Online. The Min/Max came on their and created one shot broken builds, They nerfed it, than they found other broken builds, nerfed it. Soon they had to rework the game and make Classes for it and limit on what you can pick.

ESO is no different. There is only a handful of viable builds and you see the same skills over and over. It is funny when someone has 3 stamina classes and use the same guild/ world skills on each. This isnt the players fault it is ZoS fault. If they wanted to make this game balanced and encourage out of the box builds they would fix certain things.

1. All skills should have a Stamina and Magicka morph. Period. There is no excuse. This would promote more builds in the game and give stamina players a viable option rather than just plain weapons.

2.Magicka/Stamina weapons should have a morph or skill that allows the use of magicka or stamina. For example with the 2h/DW/Bow they could add a passive that restores mana instead of stamina. And as for staff they could add a poison staff that restores stamina.

3.make medium armor viable. Remove the weapon damage buff and replace it with a penetration buff like cloth has. The Maul/mace should increase weapon damage by 10% for 2h/DW skills only. This would put it on a more even and fair playing ground and weaken the tank meta when they have no pen on heavy builds and are forced to run Medium. This would get the game back in line with the way it was meant to be, Heavy=Tank, Medium/Light =Dps.
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

There are many reasons that building into tankiness is extremely efficient. Ultimately that's why it is this patch's build pattern. If it was more efficient to build more for damage or more necessary to build for sustain that's what people would do.
    The logical result is that whatever people are building for is probably over-performing as far as the balance between defense and offense.
    If you can skimp on sustain to the degree that stamina builds in can it indicates that the sustain is probably too good (at least for PvP).
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of the super pro necros bashing me for the full 12 second duration of corrosive has made this the best meta yet. true galaxy brain plays from the most skilled players in the game.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampeal wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    I miss the days where everyone was burstable and there was counters to pretty much everything.

I could 3 hit people sure but they could just as easy 3 hit me. Games just gone pure casual and there is 0 incentive for people to get better.

So to me you sound like a casual. Now you have to time ultimates play as group and coordinate. Certaintly sounds harder than 1 2 3 buttons execute. So sorry your sounding like a casual. My opinion.

He sounds like a solo player. But there should still be counters to everything even if you're fighting zerg v zerg.

Definitely. You can always spot solo players because they talk about skill all the time while complaining the most about mechanics and cooperation. They’re oblivious to cooperation group play mechanics.

The argument’s always the same:
    - I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Haha, it's true. Conversely, you can always tell the zerg players in a 1v1. They're the plus-sign! <Badump bump>

Probably true. If you’re 1vX or solo you have to be a bit of everything to do well. If you’re spec’d for group play you’ll use abilities specifically because it benefits more then yourself.

It even translates into BGs. Whenever I’ve seen groups of 4 sorcs or NBs in a BG they get wrecked, but there are complaints stemming from how they perform solo.
    The main problem with NB is their cloak. It gives them a free reset button at ANY time. No game with a competitive mode allows this. Period. Because they know players will abuse it as the ESO players have. Cloak needs a diminishing effect or a CD. Being able to spam it till the dots burn off and run away. Heal up. And come back with full health a resources is not a defensive feature like many claim. It is a reset button that no class, but NB get. There is a reason majority of Eso players run NB and this is a major part.

Rogue in WoW? Lol this is an extremely weak argument as there’s tons of counter play to one nightblade ability. Aoes, camo Hunter, inner light, Mark target, detect pots? Not to mention majority of good nightblades are running dark cloak anyways. This reads like a l2p issue tbh.

Inner Light is broken. But, as I wrote in the long post about counters above, there are counters to cloak.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These days I miss 1T when everyone was OP and proc sets were awful. It's funny how the game literally went back to "1T" except in an even worse way than before because ZOS keeps introducing terrible sets, keeps nerfing classes instead of sets, and then later going back to those classes and adding a broken OP mechanic to them instead of undoing the nerf.
    Options
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the days where everyone was burstable and there was counters to pretty much everything.

I could 3 hit people sure but they could just as easy 3 hit me. Games just gone pure casual and there is 0 incentive for people to get better.

So to me you sound like a casual. Now you have to time ultimates play as group and coordinate. Certaintly sounds harder than 1 2 3 buttons execute. So sorry your sounding like a casual. My opinion.

He sounds like a solo player. But there should still be counters to everything even if you're fighting zerg v zerg.

Definitely. You can always spot solo players because they talk about skill all the time while complaining the most about mechanics and cooperation. They’re oblivious to cooperation group play mechanics.

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Haha, it's true. Conversely, you can always tell the zerg players in a 1v1. They're the plus-sign! <Badump bump>

Probably true. If you’re 1vX or solo you have to be a bit of everything to do well. If you’re spec’d for group play you’ll use abilities specifically because it benefits more then yourself.

It even translates into BGs. Whenever I’ve seen groups of 4 sorcs or NBs in a BG they get wrecked, but there are complaints stemming from how they perform solo.
    The main problem with NB is their cloak. It gives them a free reset button at ANY time. No game with a competitive mode allows this. Period. Because they know players will abuse it as the ESO players have. Cloak needs a diminishing effect or a CD. Being able to spam it till the dots burn off and run away. Heal up. And come back with full health a resources is not a defensive feature like many claim. It is a reset button that no class, but NB get. There is a reason majority of Eso players run NB and this is a major part.

Rogue in WoW? Lol this is an extremely weak argument as there’s tons of counter play to one nightblade ability. Aoes, camo Hunter, inner light, Mark target, detect pots? Not to mention majority of good nightblades are running dark cloak anyways. This reads like a l2p issue tbh.

Having to sacrifice a ability slot or a potion to counter one class gameplay is not a weak argument. If it is not such a big deal why not have the diminishing returns? Since all the "Good" nightblades are running dark cloak anyways. Not just Wow many MMO and games do this, hell many single player games too, because they know it is game breaking. Stealth attack stealth attack spam is "Not" a legitimate play style.

And no it is not a L2P issue since I run so much crit and armor resist I just sit there and lol as they spam me for 2k. While I Defile peck damage them down, that is until they cloak and run away like chickens.

Almost everyone runs atleast an aoe that can pull nightblade out of stealth, a detect pot is personal preference but if they’re just “cloaking around” and you’re “not taking damage” what’s the issue using a detect pot exactly? Inner light also gives max mag + crit + stealth detection, Mark gives major breaches and a heal / major berserk when target dies, camo hunter gives minor berserk. These all have added value not just a “cloak counter”. After you’ve elaborated more, this is very much a l2p issue.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 26, 2019 3:10AM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to credibly take this games pvp system . Who ever heard of a game that is punitive for using its entire system? When was the last time anyone here played a pvp game that created content designed to turn off all progression and advancement made in order to enjoying their pvp game?

It is too exhausting for most people to watch this fumbled ball bounce around and never get recovered ever. This criticism is in hopes that one day we see positive change .
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Having to sacrifice a ability slot or a potion to counter one class gameplay is not a weak argument. If it is not such a big deal why not have the diminishing returns? Since all the "Good" nightblades are running dark cloak anyways. Not just Wow many MMO and games do this, hell many single player games too, because they know it is game breaking. Stealth attack stealth attack spam is "Not" a legitimate play style.

And no it is not a L2P issue since I run so much crit and armor resist I just sit there and lol as they spam me for 2k. While I Defile peck damage them down, that is until they cloak and run away like chickens.

Almost everyone runs atleast an aoe that can pull nightblade out of stealth, a detect pot is personal preference but if they’re just “cloaking around” and you’re “not taking damage” what’s the issue using a detect pot exactly? Inner light also gives max mag + crit + stealth detection, Mark gives major breaches and a heal / major berserk when target dies, camo hunter gives minor berserk. These all have added value not just a “cloak counter”. After you’ve elaborated more, this is very much a l2p issue.

I was a big non believer in detect pots for awhile. “Why should I need a special pot+cool down to fight NB... wah wah wah”

Then I started using them. Night and day. Hilarious actually. A good amount have no other defense and don’t know how to survive without it. They freeze, they die. Use detect pots.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

In WoW you can't stealth in combat. Vanish does allow you to stealth in combat, but it has a 2 min cooldown. Preparation was a 5 min cooldown that allowed you to reset the cooldown of vanish, and it was removed two expansion ago. All in all, you're allowed to stealth in combat once every 2 minutes.

Just saying. You're full of the proverbial.

Edited by MaxJrFTW on June 26, 2019 4:42AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

In WoW you can't stealth in combat. Vanish does allow you to stealth in combat, but it has a 2 min cooldown. Preparation was a 5 min cooldown that allowed you to reset the cooldown of vanish, and it was removed two expansion ago. All in all, you're allowed to stealth in combat once every 2 minutes.

Rift was basically the same. ESO has skills/abilities that are as powerful as long cooldowns.. without putting cooldowns on them. It's a very weird development decision that has caused imbalance after imbalance after imbalance. Extremely powerful abilities should be on long cooldowns, and in the case of ESO, the only thing you can't use repeatedly is an ult.

Purge is another good example. Cleansing multiple debuffs/dots off of your entire raid? Abilities like that are on cooldowns in other games. In ESO you have a few people spamming them, effectively making your raid group mostly immune to any debuff that can be removed with Purge (which is all of them). This *** would never fly in other games. Unfortunately the ESO playerbase seems to be mostly made up of people who have never pvp'd in any other MMO, so they don't quite understand that an ability that removes debuffs off of 24 people being spammable, essentially mitigating half of the abilities in the entire game, is completely dumb and broken.

bUt eVeRyOnE hAs AcCeSs To PuRgE

Neat. Now half of everyone's abilities on both sides of the fight are mitigated one second after using them over and over and over again. Very cool game design.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Rift was basically the same. ESO has skills/abilities that are as powerful as long cooldowns.. without putting cooldowns on them. It's a very weird development decision that has caused imbalance after imbalance after imbalance. Extremely powerful abilities should be on long cooldowns, and in the case of ESO, the only thing you can't use repeatedly is an ult.

Purge is another good example. Cleansing multiple debuffs/dots off of your entire raid? Abilities like that are on cooldowns in other games. In ESO you have a few people spamming them, effectively making your raid group mostly immune to any debuff that can be removed with Purge (which is all of them). This *** would never fly in other games. Unfortunately the ESO playerbase seems to be mostly made up of people who have never pvp'd in any other MMO, so they don't quite understand that an ability that removes debuffs off of 24 people being spammable, essentially mitigating half of the abilities in the entire game, is completely dumb and broken.

Neat. Now half of everyone's abilities on both sides of the fight are mitigated one second after using them over and over and over again. Very cool game design.

That and they put so much focus on light attacking and animation canceling that is not a exploit, but a unintended "Feature" that they embrace. When the "feature" that is SUPPOSED to be used as a attack to replenish resources makes up for 50% of your damage and can do more damage than a skill, yeah you have a major issue.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP in this game is amazing.....

.....when it works.

Imo the game can be as unbalanced as it wants, as long as it's playable. Many of the changes to skills/classes etc could imo have been avoided if performance would've been good enough to allow for proper counterplay.
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The PvP in this game is amazing.....

.....when it works.

Imo the game can be as unbalanced as it wants, as long as it's playable. Many of the changes to skills/classes etc could imo have been avoided if performance would've been good enough to allow for proper counterplay.

Eso is Subpar at best. Unbalance classes and skills will only promote playing those classes and skills rather than having variety in a game. You may be content with the 7th,fury,bloodspawn spamming 4 skills, but many are not.
    Options
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Tbh my main pvp in WoW was arenas. Gladiator 2s 3s and 5s during height of Cho’Gall when Neilyo was playing rogue there. Rogue would start stealthed, he would try to get a good sap and we would immediately open. So yes, he was starting the right from stealth, then had vanish and I don’t remember all the other *** it’s been like 10 years. Point being, you can stealth in other competitive games and in ESO theres plenty of counterplay that’s been listed.
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I normally play cp. but with how atrociously unbalanced CP has become especially this patch with twilight pet sorcs running armor master literally the most fingerless class to play in the game. and magblades with literally 50% damage mitigation, and Goliath bash builds. I recently began to play BG’s more even with the terrible MMR. I am now one to say that noncp is more balanced than cp is. This most recent patch has solidified that fact.

Man they nerf sorc pretty much every patch and people are still mad lol. The pets are the only problem currently
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

About purge, just to clarify how it works because you’re overstating it’s value.

It removes 2 debuffs off 6 players and reduces the time of all debuffs for 6 seconds or so by 50%.

I’m not sure how it chooses which 6 people, sometimes it’s the same 6, sometimes it’s a mix. Seems random to me.

The other thing is someone tracked how many debuffs they had on them at one time in cyrodiil. I think it was 17 or so. So it’s not like every dot/cast is useless, it’s just had its duration reduced by 50% if it’s on someone lucky enough to be effected.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s 2019 and people still complain about cloak.

L2P

Seriously, I got caught out against a decent stamblade recently. I killed his buddy but dude was cloak spamming right when I’d get him into execute. I’d ran out of detect pots a bit earlier... and the whole time all I could think was “1 detect pot... just one...fml”

Eventually a few more enemies rolled in and chased me down. But that all could have been avoided had I just went to the gate earlier and made some more detect pots. It was completely my own fault.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 26, 2019 1:30PM
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having to sacrifice a ability slot or a potion to counter one class gameplay is not a weak argument.

That is sort of the whole point of the game...you make choices to counter the choices of others, whether it is race, class, abilities, sets, food, pots or any other variable.
    Stealth attack stealth attack spam is "Not" a legitimate play style.

It absolutely is a legitimate rotation, and NB has multiple skills and passives designed entirely around that play style.
    I run so much crit and armor resist I just sit there and lol as they spam me for 2k. While I Defile peck damage them down, that is until they cloak and run away like chickens.

Lol, if this is the case no nerf needed. Seriously, there is more benefit to being tanky than stealthy right now. This and the ease with which you can keep NB out of stealth is why so many are running the heal morph these days.

Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being tanky is totally fine. It's the fact you can smash peoples faces in while also mitigating a lot of damage.
    Edited by Alucardo on June 26, 2019 1:19PM
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

Heavy Meta back when it gave wep damage and infinite sustain with black rose, even in No CP ?
    Super Proc Meta with Viper and all the others?
    And we can even go back to the super unkillable ultmachines of pre 1.5 DK's?

They were all better than this ? This is litterally one of the most balanced times to play this game. Unfortunately the lag has never been worse, which makes the game unplayable for most..
    Edited by raasdal on June 26, 2019 1:21PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

- I’m skilled
    - I lost
    - Game must be broken

Lemme let you in on a little known secret from players who kill those NBs.... detect pots. Verse all but the best ones who don’t even really need cloak- it’s like an insta Win button.

Uhhhh...^THIS^.
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Really?

Heavy Meta back when it gave wep damage and infinite sustain with black rose, even in No CP ?
    Super Proc Meta with Viper and all the others?
    And we can even go back to the super unkillable ultmachines of pre 1.5 DK's?

They were all better than this ? This is litterally one of the most balanced times to play this game. Unfortunately the lag has never been worse, which makes the game unplayable for most..

So when the Majority of Pvpers are running the same Stamina builds and skills you call this balanced? Lol no.
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB cloak is going to get nerfed. It is not matter of if, but when. It took 5 years for them to nerf DK wings which was their def and they have nerfed many of the other classes "Defensive" skills. NB turn will come around eventually so you are right there is no need to talk about it, but I and other do I like to keep the subject fresh so ZoS doesn't forget. I mean it took how many "Nerf DK wings" comments and threads to finally get that fixed?
    Edited by Rampeal on June 27, 2019 12:41AM
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB cloak is going to get nerfed. It is not matter of if, but when. It took 5 years for them to nerf DK wings which was their def and they have nerfed many of the other classes "Defensive" skills. NB turn will come around eventually so you are right there is no need to talk about it, but I and other do I like to keep the subject fresh so ZoS doesn't forget. I mean it took how many "Nerf DK wings" comments and threads to finally get that fixed?

L2P

If cloak is so strong why do most players currently run dark cloak?
    Edited by Insco851 on June 27, 2019 1:02AM
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

L2P

Can you at least come up with something original?
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It has been nerfed. One of the morphs used to Purge effects, then that morph had Minor Protection, then it became a heal instead of invisibility.

As for the other morph, it was also nerfed when NBs crit damage was nerfed while invisible.

And now that AoEs have become stronger invisibility has been indirectly nerfed as well.

It still suppresses DoTs but has had it's run in with bugs like with Sloads, and it still doesn't suppress the Bow ultimate. It also is prevented for 2s vs. Soul Assault.

Remember when shields were nerfed? Yeah they weren't nerfed, that was a buff.

Remember when wings were nerfed? Yeah that was a buff too (depending on who you ask).

You keep asking for Cloak to get nerfed, you might just got the opposite! ;)
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree No Cp is better by far, but the problem I see in this game is not with the bone goliath morph, but with the Tank meta that can do massive Burst damage.

For example my build is 5pc impregnable, 5pc Fortified brass, 2pc chudan. I have 45k resist all around and 3800 crit resist. I am a "Tank" or what a tank is meant to be high def low damage. When I pop WW I go about 55k resist. Reason I run high resist is to negate penetration. And my guy was build to hold flags and run chaos ball.

In no CP Bg I am constantly hit with 13-14k snipes and uppercuts. So with me negating pen and crit they are still hitting me that hard in no cp. So let's say it is 13k snipe and I reduced 50% of that. That means the original damage was 26k, which also mean without battle spirit it is 52k. That is 52k un CP buffed damage off of one ability. This right here is the problem with BGs. Way to much damage and burst. On top of it you can run fury, ravager, 7th ect and bloodspawn and be just as tank as I am with no drawbacks. This is Tank Meta. And this is what needs to be addressed.

I've noticed the same thing. Is there mundus glitch or something all the lowlives are exploiting?
    Edited by Lokey0024 on June 27, 2019 4:01AM
    Options
  • Johnnny
    Johnnny
    yodased wrote: »

You mean people who want to win play the things that are meta and better in the current patches? facinating.

And no, this isn't even close to the worst meta this game has saw. yes, pets are annoying, but, aside from that, you can actually fight and fightback whithout being burst by viper, shieldbreaker and a lot of *** the guy didn't even knew he used. We can always get a better meta, but this one is far from the worse.
    Johnnyzz - mSorc - NA Sotha/BGs

http://plays.tv/u/Johnnyzao
    Options